PDA

View Full Version : City Arena Competitions

Dm_dummy
2015-12-01, 02:14 PM
In a campaign that I am running, I have a challenge arena in their main city where the PCs can go to compete for gold and items.

The only challenge that I have run so far was similar to the initiation challenge in "The Adventure Zone" podcast episode 8. In this challenge, the PCs each have a unique role. The goal is to work together to have 3 ogres who are much stronger than them kill each other, so that they are the last alive. One player shoots chemicals at the ogres each with different effects. Another character has to steal gems off of the ogres without getting killed. These gems give more ammo to the first player. The last is defending a button (if pushed it will incapacitate the other two PCs) from some golems. My players thought this was a lot of fun, so I am looking for some new ideas.

I am currently working on a challenge where they have to defend two flags against waves of increasingly difficult creatures.

If you guys have any other fun ideas, I would love to hear them. Thank you!

MightyDog16
2015-12-01, 02:25 PM
Maybe have the players chained together during a fight like in Gladiator. In fact, just watch Gladiator for ideas hehe.

hymer
2015-12-01, 02:32 PM
Consider an armed obstacle course, where everyone is free to assault others as they like. Obstacles may include fiery pits, monsters (so if someone gets too far ahead to be caught up, a creature with grappling abilities can keep things interesting), a slippery climb, etc.
Edit: Should of course be on a round course, so the prospective losers can attack the leader if they get caught up.