PDA

View Full Version : BBEG build help!

wannabedm
2015-12-01, 04:48 PM
Here's the deal. I have a character concept and I am trying to fill in the crunch. I use a unique form of gestalt, the first 5 levels are normal, and then you gestalt 15 levels, so 6 would be your first gestalted level. I don't know if this is done anywhere else but i call it staggered gestalting, and have been known to stagger it all the way to 20 adding more and more to it, so 11 and 16 gets classes occasionally.
Anyways, using my staggered gestalt rules I am looking for a mundane master swordsman using 3.p with official plus Dreamscarred press. Use PF material where possible with several feats and such ok for use in PF.

So, again I need a master swordsman, He has to be mundane for fluff reason's. I want him wearing no more than medium armor and am thinking of having him use a bastard sword or similar. His out of combat utility shouldn't be worthless, but he comes from a noble background so I need that flavor even in his skills. Bonus points if you can make him shutdown casters. he should be methodical in his abilities, so rage is probably not appropriate unless severely reflavored. use 30 point buy.
I'd like to see sample build at 5 and 15 at least but he should be more than competent even at level 5.

Tuvarkz
2015-12-01, 06:24 PM
I would strongly suggest a Zweihander Sentinel Warder, grabbing the Cursed Razor discipline from expanded (It has some really mean stuff)+Black Seraph for Circle of Razor Feathers AoE sicken/intimidate , and taking Aegis for the later levels. Armiger's Mark will give a big penalty against Arcane spellcasters, while Stutter Strike/Witchfinder's Brand from Cursed Razor should be a big boon. Aegis is just there to shore up stats and expand your character's reach.
As for 30 pb Human, it should probably be something like
15 (+2, +1 on each levelup) STR 14 DEX 14 CON 16 INT 14 WIS 8 CHA
A single level dip into the Mage Hunter PrC for the Disruptive feat would be great as well.
Pickup the Black Seraph Style feat line for the +es to AC, Saves and pierce immunity by 11 and your character should be mostly ready.
EDIT: About to go to sleep and class all day long tomorrow so a detailed build will take its time.

wannabedm
2015-12-02, 12:01 AM
I appreciate the help but I think you missed a few of the key details with your response. Mundane is a requirement, while some refluffing would be ok this character should feel as "human" as possible. I want what he does with the sword to be pure skill not magic or psionics backing a swordsman. Unfortunately Aegis will definitely not work as psionics and magic are effectively the same thing and not considered mundane, also the Mage hunter PrC gains spells from the magus list and there are few worthwhile options if I wanted it to remain flavored as mundane.
I am liking the zweihander and that cursed razor discipline seems right up this guys alley, though i'll have to be sure to refluff the entire curse thing as an intimidation like effect or some such. Black seraph works nicely as well since it has few abilities that actually mention any sort of non-mundane trick. I am finding it hard to get both of these on the same chasis though since the trait I know of only lets you trade out one of your disciplines for another.

Tuvarkz
2015-12-02, 01:06 AM
You could make him join a martial tradition for either (Or give him the benefits of one without forcing him into the tradition's CoC/alignment prereqs), and if you don't want any arcane/divine magic or psionics at all, hmmmm, you'll probably want to grab the Fighter and his array of bonus feats, probably with the Weapon Master Archetype-some of the Weapon Master's Handbook will do quite nicely.