PDA

View Full Version : legacy weapon Help

Nosta
2015-12-01, 11:48 PM
so My big bad for my game I run is about to have his final showdown with the party and I need his weapon

My question is can A Katori Resin be made in to a legacy weapon?

and can some one help me with a legacy weapon for a factotum who is a level 20 enemy of the party

Red Fel
2015-12-02, 10:07 AM
so My big bad for my game I run is about to have his final showdown with the party and I need his weapon

My question is can A Katori Resin be made in to a legacy weapon?

Well, here's the thing. An item, in order to become a Legacy Weapon, must be magic (e.g. have a +1 modifier), but may not have a value or total enhancement in excess of a certain amount.

I'd suggest re-reading the cost of a Kaorti Resin weapon, and the chapter on founding a Legacy Weapon, and determining whether they match. I don't have the books in front of me to do it myself.

and can some one help me with a legacy weapon for a factotum who is a level 20 enemy of the party

Why? Let me be clear. Legacy Weapons, as written, are bad enough. They serve absolutely no purpose on an NPC unless you intend the party to claim the item from his corpse. Their whole function, at least in theory, is to grow with the character; an NPC, who does not grow, but simply appears fully formed, has no need for that, when he can simply use a magic item that does all of the same stuff without costing him.

Why do you want an NPC to have this item?