PDA

View Full Version : Mineral warrior helo

Nosta
2015-12-02, 12:47 AM
so I have a level 2 mineral warrior human barbarian ( being forced to play human)
my question is what is the extra damage from earth strike, I don't know what my racial HD is
Help please

AlanBruce
2015-12-02, 12:53 AM
Earth Strike (Ex): Once per day, the mineral warrior can make an exceptionally vicious attack against any foe that stands on stone or earth. The mineral warrior adds its Constitution bonus to its attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per racial Hit Die.

Since your DM has made you play a race without racial HD, all you have are class levels (in this case, 2 barbarian HD). As written, Earth Strike will not see use since you are playing a human.

You could ask your DM to change Earth Strike to deal 1 extra point of damage per HD, racial or class derived.

Rebel7284
2015-12-02, 12:55 AM
0 extra damage, but adding your Constitution bonus to your attack roll is still nice!

Crake
2015-12-02, 01:08 AM
Since your DM has made you play a race without racial HD, all you have are class levels (in this case, 2 barbarian HD). As written, Earth Strike will not see use since you are playing a human.

You could ask your DM to change Earth Strike to deal 1 extra point of damage per HD, racial or class derived.

As rebel said, it will see use because it still lets you gain the bonus on the attack roll equal to your constitution. Extra damage may be lost out on, but better chance to hit is still pretty worthwhile.

Necroticplague
2015-12-02, 01:38 PM
so I have a level 2 mineral warrior human barbarian ( being forced to play human)
my question is what is the extra damage from earth strike, I don't know what my racial HD is
Help please

None. Humans don't have any RHD. So you get no extra damage.

Flickerdart
2015-12-02, 03:10 PM
You can always get some racial hit dice, by becoming a lycanthrope for instance. But you don't really want that.

Urpriest
2015-12-02, 03:19 PM
If you don't know what racial hit dice are, then you probably shouldn't be playing a templated race. I'd recommend at least reading my Monster Handbook (link in sig) for the basics.