PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing a drow's spell-like abilities...

thorr-kan
2015-12-02, 02:09 AM
I found a thread awhile about optimizing drow spell-like abilities. I thought is was here or on enworld, but I can't find it. My Google-fu turns up nothing.

Anybody remember something like this?

Âmesang
2015-12-02, 11:13 AM
Can't recall any threads myself (though I haven't been here long and I rarely visited Wizards till the end), but the idea sounds familiar. A 1st-level drow paragon from Unearthed Arcana can use its spell-like abilities one more time each per day, and it seems Drow of the Underdark has some feats that affect them.

thorr-kan
2015-12-02, 02:18 PM
Can't recall any threads myself (though I haven't been here long and I rarely visited Wizards till the end), but the idea sounds familiar. A 1st-level drow paragon from Unearthed Arcana can use its spell-like abilities one more time each per day, and it seems Drow of the Underdark has some feats that affect them.
That was part of it. Thanks.

The DotU feats build off of the darkness, dancing lights, and fairie fire abilities, while granting further uses. The thing is, these don't necessarily specify drow, which means they can be hijacked for other races. Forex, darkness for tieflings or dancing lights for gnomes.

Races of Faerun was also referenced for all the drow-y goodness available there.

But the forum post I'm remembering gave some really good advice on building, theory, and role-playing. It was a *gem* but I still can't find it.

Malroth
2015-12-02, 02:24 PM
they're also pretty good for warlocks who can have at will darkness SLA's and can be used to effectively grant Hide in Plain sight by lv 2

Flickerdart
2015-12-02, 02:51 PM
Gift of the Spider Queen is the feat you want.

gorfnab
2015-12-02, 10:06 PM
Was it this thread from the minmax boards? (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=5111.msg73307#msg73307)

thorr-kan
2015-12-03, 11:47 AM
Was it this thread from the minmax boards? (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=5111.msg73307#msg73307)
I think that's right.

Minmax. I searched brilliantgameologists, but not minmax.

Thanks!

thorr-kan
2015-12-16, 02:20 PM
Yeah, that was it.

Gold for a drow character, but also useful for gnome (dancing lights), tieflings (darkness), or anybody who has the feat from CompArcane that granst dancing lights as a spell-like ability.