2007-06-07, 05:54 PM
Accordian Skin
Transmutation
Level: BRD4, Sorc/Wiz 4
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 Instantaneous action
Duration: 1 Round / Level
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One Medium or smaller object or creature/level, no two of which may be more than 20 ft. apart
Saving Throw: Will Negates (Harmless) or Will negates (Object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (object)

The target of this spell has its entire form transformed into a strange, rubbery, nigh indestructable substance. Any form of blunt force simply warps the affected object, which then immediately snaps back to its original shape. A creature or object affected by this spell gains DR of 10 towards Bludgeoning, Force and Sonic damage, as well as immunity to falling damage.

The spell affects one or more Medium or smaller creatures (including gear and carried objects up to each creature’s maximum load) or objects, or the equivalent in larger creatures: A Large creature or object counts as two Medium creatures or objects, a Huge creature or object counts as two Large creatures or objects, and so forth.

False Tunnel
Level: Bard, Sorc/Wiz 6
Components: V, S, M, F; See Text
Casting Time: 1 Full Round Action
Duration: 1 Minute / Level
Range: Within reach of caster
Target: One solid surface
Saving Throw: Will Disbelieves
Spell Resistance: No

This spell creates a semi-real tunnel or pit in one solid surface within reach of the caster. Upon the completion of the casting, the image of a tunnel which can act as a real passage for the caster, and up to 1 ally per 2 caster levels. The hole is 1 feet long per caster level, and the mouth can be as many as 10 feet in diameter. The caster and any ally he specifies at the time of the casting can either percieve the tunnel as a real passage, or simply as paint on a flat surface at will, and the spell will make it so for that one person. Anyone else must make a will save to discover that the tunnel is not a natural passageway (Add 5 to the DC for every object or creature that he sees enter the tunnel, subtract 5 for every object or creature he sees treat the tunnel as a fake, and subtract 10 if he sees the spell being cast) if he makes the save, then he percieves the tunnel as false, and cannot pass beyond the surface, and if he fails, he perceives the tunnel as real, and treats it as such. Any object with no will save automatically treats it as real. If a creature inside a False Tunnel sees evidence that the tunnel is fake, then he makes the save again, with the appropriate bonus. If a creature inside makes the new save, or is inside when the spell ends, then it is shunted to the surface.

Material: Any amount of paint, which the paintbrush is dipped in. The spell uses up 1 ounce of paint with each casting.

Focus: One paintbrush, which is used to paint the tunnel onto a surface.

Somatic: The caster must use the brush to paint the false tunnel.

Train Tunnel
Level: Sorc/Wiz 9
Components: V, S, M, F; See Text
Casting Time: 1 Full Round Action
Duration: 1 Minute / Level
Range: Within reach of caster
Target: One solid surface
Saving Throw: Will Disbelieves
Spell Resistance: No

As False Tunnel, except for where noted below.

If a creature fails their will save to disbelieve a Train Tunnel, then a train comes charging out of the tunnel at a rate of 120 feet per round, dealing 18D6 Bludgeoning damage to anything it hits (reflex save for half). The train treats the surface of the inside of the pit as down until it leaves the tunnel. The train vanishes one round after it attempts to hit the creature who failed their save.

Muddling Speech (Compultion) Language Dependent, Mind-effecting
Bard 0
Components: V
Casting Time: One Standard action
Duration: One minute / caster level
Range: self
Target: Self
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: yes

The user of this spell gains the ability to lead a person's speech to the point where they can make the person he is talking to slip accidental words into his speech.

To use the spell's effect, you must talk with the subject you plan on manipulating. You then begin to speak in predictable, repetetive, unchanging words or phrases, which the person you are talking to answers in turn, as they would normally. Then you quickly change what you say, compelling them to say a word or phrase you dictate. It is nearly impossible to tell that this exchange is anything more then simple trickery by looking at it, as the spell dos not give off any visual effect.

This spell confirms a +2 bonus to diplomacy checks made to a third party.

"Duck Season"
"Wabbit Season!"
"Duck Season!"
"Wabbit Season!"
"Duck Season!"
"Wabbit Season!"
"Duck Season!"
"Wabbit Season!"
"Wabbit Season!"
"Duck Season! FIRE!!!"
BANG

So yeah. There ya go

Enlong
2007-06-08, 09:41 AM
Anyone? A bit of constructive criticism would be nice.

SydneyLosstarot
2007-06-08, 01:57 PM
and if one enters the tunnel and then sees someone fail to enter, what happens?

Enlong
2007-06-08, 05:39 PM
and if one enters the tunnel and then sees someone fail to enter, what happens?

How about... they get to make another save with the +5 bonus, and if they make it, are shunted to its surface.

Basically, I'm trying to emulate the trick where Wile E. Cyote paints a fake tunnel on a cliff to concuss the RoadRunner, and then runs smack into the wall after the Road-Runner runs through as if it were a real tunnel. Power of suggestion and all that. Any suggestions on how I could make it work if the Bard involved really wants their enemy to hit the wall, and not follow into their new tunnel?

Poppatomus
2007-06-08, 05:45 PM
I would say you might want it to be a wonderous Item, rather than a spell. Or, if a spell, let it enchant some paint and a painting implement of some kind to, in a single round create a door that acts as a portable hole for the caster only (+1 ally per 2 levels or some such). let them pass throug up to 1 ft. per level and force any other creature to make a will save to notice that it's not a natural passageway. (DC 20+5 for every creature he sees pass through the space, -10 if they saw it being created) IF they pass they realize they can't go through. If they succeed they think it's a normal passageway.

should be a level 5 version and a level 9 version. The level 9 version should be such that anyone that tries to enter to take one step in and then be hit by a train.

Enlong
2007-06-08, 06:09 PM
Oh, that's an awesome alteration to the spell. So change it to Sorc/Wiz/Brd 5 for the normal hole thing, and Sorc/Wiz 9 for the train version? Hm... sounds good. What do you think of Accordian Skin and Muddling Speech? (For some reason, I feel like I need to make some alterations to the wording of Muddling Speech). Hmm, how much damage should the train deal? Well, since Meteor Swarm does 24D6, if all the spheres hit, then the train, which is one thing, will do... 18D8, but that's just a guess.

Poppatomus
2007-06-08, 06:15 PM
Glad you liked it. Not sure about the numbers, that's really up to you. Liked accordian skin alot. Muddled speech is a cool idea, what's unclear is the in game effect of the spell. I mean, unless elmer fudd actually has you and your opponent at gun point, what value does it have? (I know it's a level 0 spell, but even something like +1 on an opposed bluff/diplomacy check that deals with a third party would at least clarify that it's more than an reference.)

Enlong
2007-06-08, 07:00 PM
Okay, I've altered the spells, gave Muddling speech a bit of actual return, and threw up a number for the train damage. I also decided to keep the False Tunnel as an actual hole if percieved as real, rather then a portable hole. I just thought it better.

Lysander
2007-06-08, 08:34 PM
For false tunnel I suggest having the effect of teleporting the caster and any specified allies to the other side of the barrier it is painted on if they enter, anyone not specified cannot enter and instead takes force damage.

Enlong
2007-06-08, 09:21 PM
I'm not sure about that.

A: Flavor-wise, I'm trying to make something more Wile E. Cyote tunnel-paint thing, so a semi-real tunnel just makes more sense.

B: I also want the chance to make it into a pit.

C: If you want damage, there is still Train Tunnel