PDA

View Full Version : in a straight fight

jscheibel
2007-06-07, 07:15 PM
I'm just curious if I missed something... or rather I'm hoping someone could confirm my suspisions... the only reason the ghost of soon beat xyklon is due to his not knowing how to deal with the ghost and having been worn down right?

It bugged me a bit that soon was able to run them off... indeed win.

I just figured that soon would lose in a straight fight against xyklon. 1 on 1 as it were.

Or am I completely off base with how strong either soon is as a ghost or a lich (arch lich?) is in the current DnD game model. (forgetting of course everything else like redcloak or the other spirits or what-have-you)

The Black Prince
2007-06-07, 07:18 PM
Soon is Epic and Incorporeal, how can Xykon deal with that? I know he had to deal with paladins en masse so we don't know how it would really end, but Xykon is not Epic, incorporeal, or melee oriented. Victory, Soon!

Lord Zentei
2007-06-07, 07:21 PM
We have a thread on this already: linksky (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46696). :smallwink:

Solmage
2007-06-07, 07:25 PM
I'm just curious if I missed something... or rather I'm hoping someone could confirm my suspisions... the only reason the ghost of soon beat xyklon is due to his not knowing how to deal with the ghost and having been worn down right?

It bugged me a bit that soon was able to run them off... indeed win.

I just figured that soon would lose in a straight fight against xyklon. 1 on 1 as it were.

Or am I completely off base with how strong either soon is as a ghost or a lich (arch lich?) is in the current DnD game model. (forgetting of course everything else like redcloak or the other spirits or what-have-you)

Keep in mind Soon could very well be EPIC, Both spellcasters had used most (or all..) of their higher level spells earlier, and the only actually useful spells Xykon had left were a bunch of magic missiles.

Under such circumstances, it should have been a massacre.. and it was.

jscheibel
2007-06-07, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the link... it seems like people think xyklon could deal out the damage and possibly hold him off. Its just a matter of attacking enough before soon does him in... (semanitics!) :smallsmile:

edit: I should add, I realized it was all skewed by having already burned through a bunch of his spells.