PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Scribble Theory ** Spoilers **

malakim2099
2007-06-07, 10:08 PM
Just something that occurred to me...

Has the Order of the Scribble's "falling out" died down, or just been staged in the first place? The reason I was thinking about this, is that Soon knows an AWFUL lot about Xykon for a first meeting. Whereas if he got some information from a good wizard that recently fought Xykon... say, Dorukon, he might have better knowledge of where this stuff came from. And yes, Dorukon was killed, but... well, Soon's a ghost too.

Like I said, it's only a theory. But one worthy of considering.

DorimTrollfist
2007-06-07, 10:29 PM
This is something I have been thinking about as well. It could be the Order of the Scribble ended up reforging their friendships later in their lives. Yet they were all men and women of their word, so I really doubt they ended up breaking their vows that they would check on any of the other gates. We do know that they had access to the information when one of the other gates was broken.

It is a possiblity that the divination that they set up (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0277.html) would have given them information on how the gate was destroyed and who/what was nearby when it was destroyed.

But there is one last piece of information. There was an individual who was sent to Lord Shojo to give him information when Dorukon's gate was destroyed (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0290.html). It is possible that Roy's father explained everything to Lord Shojo, and was overheard by Soon in the throne room.

Yet, all in all, Soon is a ghost. He has probably been following the events since the beginning on top of a nice comfy cloud in the great beyond.

holywhippet
2007-06-07, 10:32 PM
He could have just as easily have gotten that information from Eugene Greenhilt who's presumably still bound to the area somewhere. The Gods would also have been watching Xykon's movements. Finally Soon himself could have been spying on the Lich.

Setra
2007-06-07, 10:37 PM
Why is everyone typing in spoilers if the thread says spoilers?

Gavin Sage
Soon's been dead for some fifty years, that means time to hang around the upper planes and just watch stuff happen. He's got major divine connections to set up a deathless defense like he did, so scrying on a lich and his minions is relatively minor league.

Demented
DM knowledge + Spot Check + Knowledge Check + Wisdom Check + Epic-Level Paladin = Win!

Of course, it could've just been DM knowledge + Bluff Check + Epic-Level Paladin = Win!

malakim2099
2007-06-07, 10:59 PM
Why is everyone typing in spoilers if the thread says spoilers?

Because we're SILLY PEOPLE! HAHA!

Well, to answer some of the spoileriffic things... Eugene knew Xykon had a phylactery, of course, since he's a high level wizard. BUT, how would Eugene know where it was?

Now, if Eugene was smart enough to make that an illusory throne... but that's digressing. Stupid Miko. :smallfrown:

I still think that Dorukan could have told Soon, even if only in the afterlife, some details about Xykon. And that the guardians of Girard's gate might know who's coming (at least Xykon and Co., not necessarily the LG).