PDA

View Full Version : Can you lose paladin abilities a second time?

TGWG
2007-06-07, 11:04 PM
I would like your take on this.

A). If a certain member Saphire Guard *Cough*Miko*cough* intentionaly destroys the gate she's charged with protecting for no apparent reason, will she be stripped of all paladin related abillities even though they were already taken?

C). If so, IS IT EVEN to be stripped of paladin abilities a second time even without an attonement spell inbetween?

it would be funny if Miko - not that I'm saying it's Miko - was the first paladin in history to lose her paladin abilities twice without ever having atoned.

RocketBard
2007-06-07, 11:06 PM
I don't think that's possible.

Parasocrates
2007-06-07, 11:07 PM
What happened to B?

Setra
2007-06-07, 11:08 PM
Maybe this is how she gets turned into a Blackguard! It's so obvious now!

Scarab83
What happened to B?

A) Destroy Gate.

B) ???

C) Profit.

Ridureyu
Well, I guess the gods could put her over their knee and spank her...

Lady_Orc
2007-06-07, 11:26 PM
I don't really think it's possible to loose something you don't currently have. That would be a bit like trying to cut off somebody's head twice. :)

Shapechanger
2007-06-07, 11:38 PM
I don't really think it's possible to loose something you don't currently have. That would be a bit like trying to cut off somebody's head twice. :)

You cut their soul's head off. Duh.

I hope the Twelve Gods just smite her on the spot, personally.

Yellow
2007-06-07, 11:41 PM
So, uh... what? You mean her paladin levels regress to NPC Warrior levels?

Scarab83
2007-06-08, 12:01 AM
Fallen Paladin = Featless Fighter

Twice-Fallen Paladin = Spell-less Wizard?

CardinalFang
2007-06-08, 12:10 AM
The 12 gods should demote her to a different shade of brown, just to make a point.

Woof
2007-06-08, 12:13 AM
The 12 gods should demote her to a different shade of brown, just to make a point.

Not brown, pink. And permanently attach those fluffy bunny shoes Roy was wearing in the inn.

Gaelbert
2007-06-08, 12:19 AM
I think you have to actually have something in order to lose it again.

Icewalker
2007-06-08, 12:31 AM
Wait, I think Setra has it!

Miko falls from the 'good paladin' into these neutral colors! Now she did something so anti-paladin code she will fall into Blackguard!

It's so obvious!
[/sarcasm]

Aurumvorax
2007-06-08, 01:48 AM
Fallen Paladin = Featless Fighter

Twice-Fallen Paladin = Spell-less Wizard?

Or maybe:
Twice-Fallen Paladin = Commoner?

But she still has monk's levels, anyway... :smallcool:

Bogardan_Mage
2007-06-08, 01:58 AM
Or maybe:
Twice-Fallen Paladin = Commoner?
But... a Commoner is a spell-less Wizard. Unless you're suggesting that a Twice-Fallen Paladin gains a familiar and several metamagic or item creation feats.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-08, 04:47 AM
Maybe she'll get some sort of anti-paladin abilities, I don't mean as in a blackguard but perhaps;

Twice Fallen Palidin

Class Features

Lay on hands is replaced by losing HP every day
She must say something nice to an evil person rather than smite them
Undead all converge on her location
Negative charisma bonus
Cowardliness
Vulnerability to diseases
Once per day as a full round action she may summon lead boots for up to 2 hours and make walking harder for herself

Spiryt
2007-06-08, 04:58 AM
He he.

8. Evil detect her automatically
9. Stench.(Probably rotten stick in ass) Once per day At 6th level (twice on 9th and so on) she can spread disease.

PaladinFreak
2007-06-08, 05:45 AM
To add on something even nastier:
10. Attract smite. The stick up her rear expands and grows into a giant "SMITE ME" sign.
11. Become B****/Jack***. Wait, Miko got this one at first level for free! This ability gives you a -10 on all charisma based checks, and shifts the attitudes of all NPCs two levels closer to hostile.

Rincewind
2007-06-08, 11:14 AM
What happened to B?

I think B is down. Try H or CM

Mad Scientist
2007-06-08, 11:57 AM
Maybe she'll go from tan to transparent :smallbiggrin:

silvadel
2007-06-08, 12:50 PM
They could always turn her into mr. scruffy.

chibibar
2007-06-08, 01:11 PM
Basically when a Palandin loses his/her powers, they just become a regular fighter. They lose all the Paladin abilities. Now.... atonement is a long process and as long she commits evil acts she will never regain her ability (at least not quickly)

My personal rule is that every evil act you commit it will go on record and that character will have to work twice as hard to be atone :)
-

Ancalagon
2007-06-08, 01:15 PM
Have you ever tried to lose an apple you already lost?

Miko is no paladin anymore, so she cannot lose her paladin-hood a second time.

---
Also, destroying the gate is stupid but not necessarily an evil act (as the murder was), so I am not even sure if she would loose her paladin-stuff if she still had it due to this.
(If some being from the upper planes of lawfulness would or would not find her guilty of the crime the OotS was charged when they destroyed is a totally different matter.)

chibibar
2007-06-08, 02:39 PM
Have you ever tried to lose an apple you already lost?

Miko is no paladin anymore, so she cannot lose her paladin-hood a second time.

---
Also, destroying the gate is stupid but not necessarily an evil act (as the murder was), so I am not even sure if she would loose her paladin-stuff if she still had it due to this.
(If some being from the upper planes of lawfulness would or would not find her guilty of the crime the OotS was charged when they destroyed is a totally different matter.)

Of course if Miko never want to atone (regain her paladin ability) it doesn't matter what she does now... the only thing might change is her alignment. (over period of time or depending on her action)

sir_z
2007-06-08, 03:03 PM
If this counts as an evil action, are you saying O-Chul would have lost his paladin abilities?

destroying the gate is the last line of defense protection for it, she took an acceptable, simply unneeded action.

spectheintro
2007-06-08, 03:15 PM
If this counts as an evil action, are you saying O-Chul would have lost his paladin abilities?

destroying the gate is the last line of defense protection for it, she took an acceptable, simply unneeded action.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have to agree. I'm by no means a fan of Miko's, but as far as I can tell she was just doing what she thought necessary to save Azure City, and what most rational people would do in a similar situation. Her motives will truly determine the morality of her actions, and we have no way of knowing them yet. There's also the question of why she ignored Soon Kim, or if she did at all--hopefully the next comic will reveal that. (I sure hope that breaking the Sapphire doesn't undo the enchantment that keeps him around, because I'd really like to see a couple of panels where he berates the bejesus out of her.)

Alysar
2007-06-08, 03:17 PM
To add on something even nastier:
10. Attract smite. The stick up her rear expands and grows into a giant "SMITE ME" sign.
11. Become B****/Jack***. Wait, Miko got this one at first level for free! This ability gives you a -10 on all charisma based checks, and shifts the attitudes of all NPCs two levels closer to hostile.

When I read 10, I flashed on Cartman with a giant satellite dish sticking out of his ass.

the_tick_rules
2007-06-08, 05:07 PM
maybe if she atones and gets hers powers back. right now she has nothing to loose.

theGec
2007-06-09, 08:24 AM
maybe if she atones and gets hers powers back. right now she has nothing to loose.

Yeah, what exactly are they going to do? Give her sorcerer/wizard hit dice and base-attack-bonus?

Which, would be kind of funny...

NeonRonin
2007-06-09, 08:40 AM
I don't think a fallen paladin can fall a second time while still fallen. Though they can be taunted a second time by Frenchmen with outrageous accents.

*smiles gleefully at the thought of Miko being hit by a catapulted cow*

jindra34
2007-06-09, 08:41 AM
Yes though all it does is make you fall again as soon as you atone...