PDA

View Full Version : Player Help help with a beastmaster druid build

T'ehk
2015-12-02, 09:08 AM
What's up playground , looking for advice/help with my character. This is my first time playing any D&D and I was a late add to a party that already had a high elf wizard , a dwarf cleric , half orc barbarian and a human fighter. With only a quick look at the book and being brand new I created T'ehk Bloodfeather wood elf arctic ranger , archer beastmaster with a snow leopard companion named Frostbite. I took the mobile feat (in hindsight I probably should've taken sharpshooter). After lvl 5 when I got 2 attacks I took 2 druid lvls (moon) because I think that makes for some cool utility for out of combat (scouting/spying) as well as allowing me access to places I couldn't otherwise get to for combat positioning and in a pinch oh yea brown bear , dire wolf , Siberian tiger , giant spider I'm sure will come in handy somewhere. I also released my beloved Frostbite to go procreate and do snow leopard stuff while I picked up my next animal companion a bloodhawk named Skye , my thinking is having my own private jet when things get hairy I wildshape into a mouse and haul ass out of danger. Of course the bloodhawk will be less combat effective than a leopard but maybe better utility. Right now my 2 cantrips are druidcraft and mold earth my druid spells are entangle , fog cloud and thunderwave , my 4 ranger spells are hunters mark , hail of thorns , spike growth and pass without trace. This way I have a spell to target each dex con and str saves , 2 to help my stealth/spy ability and my cantrips are good for flavor. I'll probably go back to ranger for my next lvls. Right now my favored terrain is arctic and my favorite enemy is giants my next will be forest and undead. I know T'ehk is far from optimized and was built on the fly by a newbie. That being said I'm very happy with him and have a fair amount of time invested (we started at lvl 1) I'm trying to make him as optimized as I can without losing the flavor of the character (think wood elf with a native american scout/warrior feel) .. typical back story (I think) outlander orphaned at a young age (parents murdered by band of trolls and so raised by the forest (mostly wolves & a few curious bloodhawks). That's it in a nutshell. I see all types of posts on this site I'm hoping someone has anything they can add. Are there any spells I should be avoiding (taking ?) at lvl 7 that I'm not using ? What works well together ? Am I on the right track ? Any and all help or comments will be appreciated - Thx