PDA

View Full Version : Water Spells for Fun and Murder

ZhanStrider
2015-12-02, 01:44 PM
I'm building a Sand Shaper (currently I'm at sorcerer 4/sand shaper 1) and I'm planning on having all my NOT sand shaper spells be aquatic themed.
Waterball from 3.0 is pretty great, and I like Flashflood (though it's way to high a level ATM)
Any good water spells (and their spell levels) that would work well on the plains/deserts of Africa would be super helpful.

Inevitability
2015-12-02, 02:23 PM
Extract Water Elemental is pretty fun from a flavor perspective and also fits with your sand shaper half. You're literally draining someone's body liquids and using the drained moisture to create an elemental.

ZhanStrider
2015-12-02, 03:09 PM
Extract Water Elemental is pretty fun from a flavor perspective and also fits with your sand shaper half. You're literally draining someone's body liquids and using the drained moisture to create an elemental.

That is pretty sweet.

nedz
2015-12-02, 04:00 PM
There aren't all that many water spells, unless you include solid water: Ice — but that doesn't seem to fit tropical settings too well.

ZhanStrider
2015-12-02, 06:03 PM
There aren't all that many water spells, unless you include solid water: Ice — but that doesn't seem to fit tropical settings too well.

I know it's LAME. I suppose I could MAKE some and get my DM's approval but it's so much workkkk

Hiro Quester
2015-12-02, 06:18 PM
Thalassemia is a touch spell 5th level, that turns the enemy's blood to seawater. 1d6/level (max 15d6). Touch range , though, which sucks. (From Stormwrack)

Sandstorm's Wither does similar damage, but dehydration, from medium range, but with a lower cap (10d6)

Also from Stormwrack, is Water to Acid, which transforms 1cu ft/level of water to acid. Combine with your other water spells (even with create water) for fun and murder.

Sandstorm's Tormenting Thirst can be fun

ZhanStrider
2015-12-02, 11:52 PM
Thalassemia is a touch spell 5th level, that turns the enemy's blood to seawater. 1d6/level (max 15d6). Touch range , though, which sucks. (From Stormwrack)

Sandstorm's Wither does similar damage, but dehydration, from medium range, but with a lower cap (10d6)

Also from Stormwrack, is Water to Acid, which transforms 1cu ft/level of water to acid. Combine with your other water spells (even with create water) for fun and murder.

Sandstorm's Tormenting Thirst can be fun

I'm so glad you said for fun and murder.

Uncle Pine
2015-12-03, 06:24 AM
I only recently realized when I was trying to build a ninja frog character that lesser orb of water isn't a real spell, but you could try to ask your DM if you could use a bludgeoning variant of the various orb spells from SC.

Fizban
2015-12-03, 08:41 AM
Sadly there's almost nothing. Aside from the various high level city destroying waves, you've pretty much got Wall of Water, which depending on source is either great for drowning people or kinda useless. Jet of Steam is still fire damage, and Mudslide while extremely good is still mud rather than water (and also level 6). If you can get Cleric or Druid spells in there you can [Alignment] Storm or Drown, but really you're best off going to other books. Pathfinder has at least one OP geyser spell, and the Warcraft books have a nice 3rd level line of damage via water blast. Otherwise you're gonna need to start refluffing/tweaking/brewing your own.

Inevitability
2015-12-03, 08:53 AM
Note that Water to Acid is Instantaneous in duration. You can cast it during downtime for free acid, or even sell it if the DM lets you.