PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea what to do on level 8.

Hyena
2015-12-02, 05:08 PM
Okay, so my character right now is level 5 tiefling devoution paladin. Her stats are Str 15, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 16. It's a sword and board kind of a paladin, so I've picked dueling fighting style and shield master feat on level 4. However, I don't really have any idea what to do next. Do I pump my strength and wisdom to get rid of uneven numbers? Do I pick another feat? Getting my charisma higher is also a seductive option, because DM told me townspeople will cease to get those weird ideas about burning me if I do it.

Tanarii
2015-12-02, 05:11 PM
I would probably put a point each in Str and Con. Then at level 12 take Resilient (Con), which would give you 16 Con and Proficiency in Con saves. Just off the top of my head.

MightyDog16
2015-12-02, 05:15 PM
What would your character naturally be getting better at as far as the story goes? When in doubt, RP! What makes sense?

Hudsonian
2015-12-02, 05:26 PM
Okay, so my character right now is level 5 tiefling devoution paladin.

So why are you worried about lvl 8 ASI right now? You've got a little over half again as much game play to go through before you hit lvl 8. See where the campaign goes. If you are about to venture into the Underdark you will need all the CHA you can get, as well as some light oriented spells. If you are about to enter the service of a king or ferret out a mole in a guild, you want CHA. If you are about to go dragon hunting, you'll be wanting to split STR/WIS to avoid Fear and get that extra umph on your sword.

gfishfunk
2015-12-02, 05:42 PM
I think the subject was a mistype: 8 is just above the 5 on a number pad.

I would pump charisma by 2, personally, unless there is a feat that just sings to you. Your GM has already cued you in that you might need it fr upcoming social interaction, and it helps with your spells.

Otherwise: pick up a single +1 Str feat (Maybe Heavy Armor Master, maybe the Athlete feat); there is no reason to throw a +1 at your wisdom score. Upping Str always helps the game feel more fun simply because attacks connect more often, so it feels like you are doing better.