2015-12-02, 08:09 PM
Grig Paladin 2
Str: 9
Con: 13
Dex: 24
Int: 13
Wis: 11
Cha: 18

+1 Blueshine Mithril Chain Shirt 1878.1 gp (Lawful Good Requirement)
Repeating Heavy Crossbow (Magic) N/A
Rapier 20 gp
Gloves of Armorsmithing +3 (5 Ranks in Craft (Armorsmithing) and Lawful Good Requirement Required) 567
5x Blessed Bandages 50 gp
Common Fiddle 5 gp
Backpack 2 gp
Masterwork Artisan’s Tools 55 gp
70x Crossbow Bolts 7 gp
Least Crystal of Lifekeeping 200 gp
3x +1 Bane (Humanoid (Reptilian)) Crossbow Bolts 498.15 gp
5x Chalk 5 cp
Least Crystal of Illumination 100 gp
Silver Holy Symbol 25 gp
Drow Poison 75 gp
5x Trail Rations 2.5 gp
Common Lamp 1 sp
Pint of Oil 1 sp
2x Sunrods 2 gp
Pony 30 gp
Military Saddle 10 gp
Donkey 8 gp
Pack Saddle 5 gp
Crystal of Return 300 gp
Antitoxin 50 gp
Holy Water 25 gp
3x Tindertwigs 3 gp
Manacles 15 gp
Spare Gold Pieces 50 gp

Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Repeating Heavy Crossbow)

Craft (Armorsmithing)
Ride
Handle
Animal

Opinions? Preferred comments would be about items to get. Magic Item Compendium is allowed.

LordOfCain
2015-12-02, 08:45 PM
Other members of the party are a High Elf Wizard 5, Half-Elf Ranger 5, Half-Elf Cleric of Ehlonna 5, Gnome Bard 5, and X Elf 5.

Pluto!
2015-12-02, 09:10 PM
Holy Oxymoron Thread Title, Batman!

The more I work on this, the worse it looks. How much can we play up your Fiddle DC? That's probably the one unique angle this can take.

LordOfCain
2015-12-02, 09:17 PM
Note that I said semi-optimized. However, perhaps I should have said maybe-sorta optimized. I am in a party of mostly new players so most of the people in my party (including me to some extent) will have meh builds.

Bronk
2015-12-02, 10:23 PM
You could get a regular horse instead of a pony, then use a sidecar saddle from the Arms and Equipment Guide, which would give you 'half cover' from attacks from the other side of the mount if the mount is 3 or more size categories larger than the rider. You'd have to get a ruling to update that to 3.5, probably as partial cover. Plus you can give rides to other grigs!

Lhurgyof
2015-12-02, 11:29 PM
Any reason you decided on the crossbow and not a standard bow? Seems like a wasted feat slot, and without your Human Bonus feat, you'll be really starved. If you go with a bow, you could start with point blank shot (to get precise shot at 6th, avoiding that nasty -4 penalty).

What exactly is the goal with the character? To sneak and smite?

LordOfCain
2015-12-03, 07:21 AM
I chose the repeating heavy crossbow due to damage output. The crossbow is most likely going to be +1 holy and yes, I am probably going to try to sneak and smite.

Deadline
2015-12-03, 12:48 PM
I chose the repeating heavy crossbow due to damage output. The crossbow is most likely going to be +1 holy and yes, I am probably going to try to sneak and smite.

It's 1d6 instead of 1d4, that's not much in the way of a damage difference. You're better off with the bow mechanically.

Bronk
2015-12-03, 01:11 PM

If that's all you want, you might want to look into the great crossbow, which would still be 1d8 damage at tiny size. You could look into getting a repeating version, or add the quick loading property to it, or add a wand chamber and load up the 'ghostly reload' spell.

You could also get your weapon bladed, and enchant that as well. It would also give another slot for a weapon crystal.

There's a pretty good archery handbook here: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=642.00

By the way, what are gloves of armorsmithing?

Inevitability
2015-12-03, 03:48 PM
Are you aware that Smite Evil doesn't work with ranged attacks?