PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Expanding Companion Options: Magical Beasts [PEACH]

Halae
2015-12-02, 11:20 PM
Pathfinder and the game it comes from, Dungeons and Dragons, have always held an odd fascination with separating “Magical Beasts” and “Animals”. While this makes a certain degree of sense, it also conflicts with the basic premise that these creatures are part of the natural world and environment, and the inability for players to have consistent rules in regards to handling such creatures is part of that, which directly leads into the fact that “Animal Companion” creatures have never been allowed to be these magical creatures, despite rules being presented for purchasing their young.

These new rules are an attempt to fix that disparity. In keeping with the theme of taming these creatures, all of the included monsters are of animal intelligence (two or less) and thus can be influenced by the Handle Animal skill.

This is the google doc I've prepared for this. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EccqnBPWI-JcduFcz1EryuGxkrMY_jbrpSgZz2ZEVCU/edit#) I wish I'd had the foresight to do the formatting in BBCode so that it works with the forum, but this was originally intended as a personal use project that I ended up really wanting to share with people, and I don't have the energy to reformat it for the forum at the moment. Maybe I'll do that soon.