PDA

View Full Version : Altered (Spoilers!)

Dib
2007-06-08, 09:50 AM
So... I was up late last night, basking in my permanant freedom from school... and I was flicking through the channels, but nothing was on... so I checked Sky Movies... and they were showing a movie titled 'Altered'... For some reason it caught my attention, so I checked the information and found it was about aliens... So I watched it...

The overall movie and plot was good... but the start sort of skewed me, and I didn't really understand what was happening other than they were trying to get an alien... but I had no idea why... my initial thoughts were proved wrong as the movie unfolded and things began making sense...

Though one thing I find odd is the guy (forgot his name) who gets disembowled by the alien... how does he stay alive so long? He had most of his entrails on the floor and being pulled out further by the alien...

Also, it wasn't nearly as frightening as I thought it would be... the build up to seeing the alien in each appearance was scary, but when I actually saw it, I wasn't afraid... I think perhaps because it was too cool looking... If it had just been a mouth and some eyes (maybe nostrils) without all those frilly bits on its face it might've been scarier...

Anyway, thats just my take... overall I would say it was a very good movie and I will buy it on DVD when I can... I give it 4/5

:smallsmile: :smallsmile: :smallsmile: :smallsmile: :smallfrown:

What does everyone else think of this 2006 movie from the director of the Blair Witch Project?