PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Inherited Spellbook, Help Picking New Spells

2015-12-03, 05:12 PM
Okay, so recently in a Skype game, I had my Arcanist die due to a poorly-timed nat 2 on a saving throw, and now I'm rolling up a new character. Due to the odd way "looting the body" works for this game, my new character (a Theurge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/kobold-press-open-design/theurge)) is inheriting the Arcanist's spellbook. My Arcanist had these spells...

Protection from Evil
Mage Armor
Mount
Unseen Servant
Color Spray
Silent Image
Feather Fall
Obscuring Mist
Enlarge Person
Floating Disk

in his spellbook, which my Theurge can now use. I also have 10 arcane spells in my new spellbook, which I haven't chosen yet; I've also got a prayerbook with 9 cleric spells in it I need to choose, but those should be easier to pick. Does anybody have any suggestions for either one?

noob
2015-12-03, 05:23 PM
Out of topic (I hope your GM forbids mystic theurge from progressing twice theurge.)
summon monster 1(if there is no 0) maybe
Or a fire cantrip and the use of a particular feat for unlimited healing out of battle(then never ever take healing spells because they are a waste when you have a way to heal with a cantrip)
Create water is awesome when you need it or when you find one of the 10000 ways to use it

daemonvatis
2015-12-04, 01:51 PM
You look a little short on attack spells. Also, Knock is so powerful that I added limitations as a DM. Invisibility Purge would be a useful divine spell. See Invisibility. Disguise or Alter Self. Discern Lies. Dimension Door. Create Food and Water. Comprehend Languages. Break Enchantment. Baleful Polymorph. Leomund’s Tiny Hut, Secure Shelter, or Chest.Tongues.

nedz
2015-12-05, 08:30 AM
Isn't this metagaming ?

Anyway - you seem to have the best 1st already.

Topaz
2015-12-05, 11:18 PM
Ten first level Wizard spells you don't already have?

Snowball, Vanish, Heightened Awareness, Adhesive Spittle, Grease, Shield, Windy Escape, Magic Missile, Sure Casting, Glue Seal.