PDA

View Full Version : Genealogy 5E IC

JNAProductions
2015-12-03, 06:18 PM
The fires are still burning. The temple is... Not destroyed, but not well-off. The orcs that did it have fled, and anyone who wants to catch them will have to leave soon.

What will you do?

cobaltstarfire
2015-12-03, 09:37 PM
Marty runs towards the temple, and immediately begins searching for any who are injured or in need of help.

JNAProductions
2015-12-03, 09:46 PM
There are various injured around, however, the Eniripsas that avoided injury are administering aid rather well. There are a few less injured people around awaiting care, but now that calamity has passed, everything seems somewhat under control.

Bandededed
2015-12-03, 09:59 PM
"Yes," Rose mutters as she comes upon the ransacked temple, "You fell off a mountain and survived only to come upon a scene like this. And you thought you'd finished it already..."

Still, once she's close enough, Rose begins looking for someone who can tell her what happened to the temple.

JNAProductions
2015-12-03, 10:01 PM
There are a few acolytes around-not well versed in the healing arts, they're simply standing by, awaiting instructions from more senior Eniripsas.

UrsusArctos
2015-12-03, 10:13 PM
Iofur had been wandering the land in search of adventure, like his parents had before him. They had gotten their starts as adventurers and rose to great places because of it. Iofur was not satisfied piggybacking off their accomplishments. He had to be his own man.

In the distance, he saw smoke rising. "Well, that can't be good. Just the way I like it!" He said to himself, and sprinted off towards the fire.

Arriving at the scene, he saw scattered Eniripsas looking at a burning temple. "Is there anyone left in the temple?"

JNAProductions
2015-12-03, 10:19 PM
"No-everyone's in the cleared out areas," an acolyte answers.

UrsusArctos
2015-12-03, 10:22 PM
"Then who did this terrible deed? Where have they gone? I shall find them and strike vengeance upon them!"

JNAProductions
2015-12-03, 10:24 PM
"An orc warband, led by a Xelor chieftan. They went that way," he says, pointing towards the north. "But it'd be foolish to go alone."

cobaltstarfire
2015-12-03, 11:05 PM
Marties webbed ears perk slightly upon hearing the acolyte, he approaches the conversing pair giving a slight bow when he reaches them.

A Xelor? Did you see anyone give chase? Like a large sand colored dragon born of Iop, a bit old, likes to throw thunder and lightning? She doesn't much like it when folks turn their magic against the innocent."

Dudeons
2015-12-03, 11:50 PM
Sequoia wanders into the scene from the woods, looking around curiously. She walks over to the group of acolytes, staying off a short distance to listen to the conversation between the dwarf and the acolyte.

"North," Sequoia repeats, turning towards the others, "Anyone else want to hunt orcs?"

Sequoia smiles warmly as she suggests this with the same tone of someone asking others if they wanted to play a fun game.

JNAProductions
2015-12-04, 11:19 AM
Marties webbed ears perk slightly upon hearing the acolyte, he approaches the conversing pair giving a slight bow when he reaches them.

A Xelor? Did you see anyone give chase? Like a large sand colored dragon born of Iop, a bit old, likes to throw thunder and lightning? She doesn't much like it when folks turn their magic against the innocent."

"N-no. There's no one like that here at all," the acolyte answers. "I wish there was-the orcs need their comeuppance."

Bandededed
2015-12-04, 03:23 PM
"Well," Rose says, joining the group she can hear talking about what had happened, "Sounds like someone needs to visit some destined vengeance upon a little company of orcs, and that means I'm in!"

cobaltstarfire
2015-12-04, 03:29 PM
Marty sighs, Strange you haven't seen her around, she was here... he mumbles then regards the others who have approached I would bring these orcs to justice, but not with the thirst of blood in my heart.

UrsusArctos
2015-12-04, 03:47 PM
"Perfect! We shall be the ones to hunt down these orcs and bring them to justice!" Iofur shouted, and pulled out his axe, lifting it into the air.

JNAProductions
2015-12-04, 07:02 PM
"Feel free to return if you have need of healing-our doors are always open, especially to those who aid us," one of the acolytes says.

You know the Orcs went north. You do not know exactly where, however. Survival time!

You find the orcs' trail in 3 hours.

2 hours.

A single hour.

You get lost. Horribly, horribly lost.

UrsusArctos
2015-12-04, 07:24 PM
"Thank you for your assistance. Although I do believe the four of us may not be enough. Are there any others who wish to join us?" Iofur shouted the last part in general, to those at the temple. Perhaps another could join them.

Nonetheless, they would have to track these orcs. Orc Xelors is most strange, Iofur thought to himself. I suppose that only makes for a better story, though.

[roll0]

cobaltstarfire
2015-12-04, 08:07 PM
Aye, I have never heard of such ability amongst the orcs...very curious. Marty strokes his scaley beard. What purpose could they have had for raiding this place?

Marty looks to the North thoughtfully, a low purr deep in his throat.

[roll0]

Bandededed
2015-12-05, 06:16 PM
"I've never been too good at following tracks," Rose mutters as she follows behind the others.

daze413
2015-12-05, 07:04 PM
Kalmir Dagnu (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=511937)

Outside, Kalmir assesses the situation and decides to leave the temple itself alone, he had little regard for large constructs but was more concerned for the people until he saw that healers were already at work. It is a temple, of course there would be healers, he thought to himself. Kalmir silently swears he will come back once vengeance is complete.

Pulling his attention back to surveying the terrain, Kalmir tries to find the tracks of the marauding band of heavy footed and clumsy orcs who didn't try to mask their passing.

Noticing others who are also looking for the tracks, he lays low for a moment, unsure how to proceed.

[roll0]

He finds the tracks quickly enough. The others whom he was observing earlier were still looking around when he stalks up to a nearby bush. Should I trust them? he questions himself. It would look like our goals are aligned. Perhaps I should.

His hesitation didn't stem from any negative thoughts, he just hadn't had much interaction with other races, and in fact, other humans, other than his own tribe, sheltered that he was. After a minute, he steels his resolve and jumps out of the brush.

"If you're looking for the orcs, they're this way." he motions with his hands at the tracks he had just uncovered. "My name is Kalmir, by the way. Let's go?" he hurriedly says, not keen on losing the orcs he had been following again.

JNAProductions
2015-12-05, 07:08 PM
Any more chatter? Or cut to catching the orcs, an hour later?

JNAProductions
2015-12-05, 07:18 PM
An hour of quick marching passes. As you near the end of the hour, you hear the sounds of a warband on the march.

What are you going to do?

Regardless of what you do, I'd like a group stealth check. DC [roll0]

daze413
2015-12-05, 07:42 PM

Kalmir quickly urges the group to stay low. Waving some motions and speaking in whispers, everything around them begins to muffle. Footsteps are no longer heard for the heavy footed, and their footfalls no longer leave tracks.

Satisfied with the result of his spell, he slinks forward to observe the warband.

how many orcs are there? How well armed/armored? Does there seem to be a leader?

JNAProductions
2015-12-05, 10:08 PM
You see about a dozen, in chain mail and bearing shields. While there's certainly a leader somewhere, he doesn't appear visible at the moment, or is hiding amongst his men.

Dudeons
2015-12-05, 11:34 PM
Sequoia creeps forward, drawing her bow. Remaining hidden, she peers down at the group of orcs, looking for someone who might be their leader.

Perception: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-12-05, 11:36 PM
There's no leader, not that you can see. However, one of the orcs has a small crest on his armor-perhaps he's the sergeant or otherwise the immediate superior?

cobaltstarfire
2015-12-06, 01:50 PM
Marty hunkers down with the rest of the group and whispers Shall I move around and give them a distraction? While I doubt they will respond peacefully, I would still like to attempt to speak with them, and possibly learn more about this orc empowered by Xelor...

UrsusArctos
2015-12-06, 02:03 PM
"I suggest that we create a distraction to lead some of the orcs away and attack them. Once we have defeated that group, we attack the rest. Perhaps we could leave one alive to interrogate?"

Bandededed
2015-12-06, 04:12 PM
"Well, if we can split them one of my spells can web the groups apart," Rose adds

cobaltstarfire
2015-12-06, 04:24 PM
Sounds like a plan Marty smiles, though it may not be visible to his companions.

I would like to take as many as we can alive...there may be much we can learn from them, though if they have no remorse I will show them the Lady Sacriers wrath.

He shifts somewhat to an easier position to move from Who will join me in baiting them? I am well armored, it'll make me an good distraction.

Dudeons
2015-12-06, 04:36 PM
Sequoia moves back towards the others, pointing down at the group of orcs.

"See that orc down there?" she says, indicating one of the orcs, "The one with the strange crest on his armor? He might be their leader. We should try and take him alive, at least."

daze413
2015-12-06, 05:45 PM

Kalmir nods. "I suggest those of us who are heavily armored or not very good at hiding come with the distracting group." he looks at the others with heavy footfalls. "I can turn into a lion, if you handle restraining the rest." Kalmir adds, looking at Rose.

A seed of doubt of Rose's abilities enter's Kalmir's mind. Her spell might not be as effective in place of, say, an actual Giant Spider. As he weighs the possibility of this stranger's capabilities, Kalmir continues to listen to the group's plans.

I'm sure your web spell is pretty effective, I'm just playing out Kalmir's flaw of not trusting non-tribe members.

Once the group breaks, Kalmir will remove the Pass Without Trace spell and use Barkskin on himself. Choice of Wildshape will depend on what happens

UrsusArctos
2015-12-06, 06:06 PM
The Sacrier nodded. "I am rather dextrous, which is surprising for a dwarf. None the less, I like to think of myself as a more stealthier person. I shall go with the other group.

"However, I question the wisdom of splitting up. My idea was to, say, fire an arrow in the woods and attack the orcs while they were occupied with that, together."

Dudeons
2015-12-06, 11:54 PM
"A pack together is a pack unbreakable," Sequoia says, "I agree with the dwarf."

daze413
2015-12-07, 12:17 AM

"Indeed, when wolves hunt larger prey, they divide their quarry and pick one off. We must be smart like wolves, especially given how well-armed they seem to be." Kalmir looks to Sequoia in approval.

"Then, we must make a distraction to lure a splinter group to us and take them out quickly, lest they run and get help." Kalmir was nervous, first practical battles were always so and he hoped none of the others would see it.

UrsusArctos
2015-12-07, 05:58 PM
"Perhaps we should wait until the orcs break for the night and make a surprise attack then? They will not be wearing their armor or have shields, and their weapons may be out of reach. This will give us the upper hand needed to strike and win."

Dudeons
2015-12-07, 06:05 PM
Sequoia grins at the smaller human.

"Exactly what I was thinking of. You're smart, human," she says. She turns towards the dwarf, nodding in agreement.

"Another reasonable strategy," she says, rubbing her chin in contemplation, "They do look well-armed and I'd rather not deal with that when we attack them."

cobaltstarfire
2015-12-07, 06:39 PM
Marty nods in agreement That does sound like a more prudent course of action, perhaps we could nab one heading to the latrine...

Bandededed
2015-12-07, 09:09 PM
"Ooo, I like that plan," Rose chimes in. "I'm not an expert on Orcs, but I suppose they'd leave a sentry. Do any of you know if the sentry would be dull enough to be led off by some bobbing lights?"

JNAProductions
2015-12-07, 09:14 PM
Hours pass. The orcs continue to march, but being cloaked by the spell, you easily keep pace undetected. Eventually, night falls, and the orcs break for rest. "Hey-Thurg-shouldn't we keep moving?" one asks.

Thurg-the orc with the crest-smacks him upside the head. "When I say we rest, we rest-and just for that, you're keeping watch!"

The first orc grumbles to himself, but dutifully sets up for watch, finding a somewhat hidden location to watch from, up in the branches of a tree. The others pull out bedrolls and settle in for the night.

daze413
2015-12-08, 02:51 AM

Kalmir moves somewhat impeded by the darkness of night. He keeps low and leaves the scouting to those who can see better. Upon hearing the situation, he suggests: "I can lure it with the stink of a skunk and when he goes in to investigate, we jump him." It didn't occur to Kalmir that perhaps his fellows would have more effective spells to distract the lone watcher.

Bandededed
2015-12-08, 07:12 AM
Rose screws up her face a little being ignored by Kalmir. "I mean, if you didn't like the light idea you just had to say..." she half mumbles.

cobaltstarfire
2015-12-08, 09:51 AM
Eh, wouldn't he be more inclined to move away from the smell of angry skunk? Marty asks perplexed.

daze413
2015-12-08, 10:08 AM

"The light idea sounded fine, yes, maybe we should go with that. Alright, I'll go with whomever does the distracting." Kalmir says as he attempts to hide his inexperience from these strangers. Taking a deep breath, he steels himself for his first battle.

UrsusArctos
2015-12-08, 05:19 PM
"Skunk is a natural smell in the woods, not something to draw his attention and make him leave the camp. The lights however are interesting enough he will be distracted, but not important enough for him to wake the others. They seemed displeased with him right now, and waking them over nothing would make that worse." Iofur took hold of his axe, and prepared to charge into the camp and attack the orcs.

Bandededed
2015-12-08, 09:19 PM
Once the orcs have nodded off, Rose moves very carefully, making sure the sentry, and only the sentry, has a good line of sight to her target area, and keeping a couple hundred of feet between them.

Slowly, she makes the necessary gestures to cast get spell.

casting dancing lights as one medium blob, preferably mostly behind a tree relative to the sentry.

JNAProductions
2015-12-08, 09:24 PM
"What the hell..." the orc says, and looks around at his comrades. After a few moments, he steps away from his post to investigate.

daze413
2015-12-08, 09:28 PM

His heart thumping in his chest, Kalmir swallows a large lump and struggles to remember his training. He grabs the Quarterstaff at his back and begins to cast the Shillelagh spell he had memorized by heart.

As the lights illuminate the area, he grips the staff tightly, whitening his knuckles in the effort.

Seeing the Orc come close enough, Kalmir waits for the archers to release their arrows at their quarry before jumping out and attacking with his Quarterstaff, aiming to incapacitate the Brute.

Dudeons
2015-12-09, 12:30 AM
Nocking an arrow in her bow, Sequoia carefully aims at the orc sentry. As the orc comes closer, she fires an arrow at his neck.

Casting 'Hunter's Mark' on the approaching orc.

Attack: [roll0]
Advantage Roll: 18.
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

UrsusArctos
2015-12-09, 06:21 PM
Iofur charged forward through the underbrush and came upon the orc, swinging at him with the flat of his axe, hoping to knock out the foe, not to kill him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

cobaltstarfire
2015-12-09, 06:32 PM
Marty joins in the surprise attack using the hilt of his rapier to try and subdue the orc.

to hit
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

JNAProductions
2015-12-09, 07:03 PM
The orc, struck all at once by a great many blows, falls to the ground, unconscious and bleeding from a few wounds.

daze413
2015-12-09, 07:57 PM

Kalmir takes a length of rope from his pack, as the Orc is dragged from the ambush site. After securing its hands, feet, and mouth, he pulls tightly to verify the rope's integrity. Satisfied, he looks to his fellows and says "We should get farther from their camp. Just a little ways off before we wake him and start questioning."

UrsusArctos
2015-12-09, 08:02 PM
"It's not like he's going anywhere. Let's go into the camp and take out the other orcs. The captain will be the most useful for interrogation."

Dudeons
2015-12-09, 08:08 PM
"Agreed," Sequoia says, nocking another arrow and aiming at the company of orcs.

Transitioning Hunter's Mark to the nearest orc.

Bandededed
2015-12-09, 09:13 PM
"I've got just the thing," Rose days, smiling at their quick success. "It should hold them still for a while,"

Moving her lights enough to home in on the remaining orcs, Rose moves into range, drawing her crossbow and calling up her most demanding spell. Even as the lights face, she's filling the area with a five foot deep layer of webbing.

Casting web. Rose has got a range of sixty feet on it, fills a 20 foot cube five feet deep. She'll anchor it to nearby trees, and be getting the orcs as close to the middle as she can.

daze413
2015-12-09, 09:37 PM

Kalmir looks at his fellows and sees the seriousness in their faces. As they begin to ambush the camp, he murmurs a silent chant, practiced only in his sheltered home. His skin begins to transform, taking on a thick, barky texture but still fair and distinctly human. He then runs out of the ambush site, entering a nearby brush as a bark-skinned human, but exiting as a Lion as he pounces the nearest Orc.

should we start rolling initiative?

Used Action to cast Barkskin. Bonus Action to wildshape. I'll wait for the start of combat to start rolling.

Dudeons
2015-12-10, 12:26 AM
See how the others were moving into action, Sequoia lets loose her arrow at the nearest orc.

Attack: [roll0]
In case being hidden still gives advantage: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3]

cobaltstarfire
2015-12-10, 01:09 AM
Marty blinks slightly puzzled at why suddenly everyone is attacking a group that far outnumbers their own. He wonders briefly just how mad his colleagues actually are, then reluctantly joins in the charge, heading towards the orc Sequoia fired upon.

Still using subdual damage for whatever that's worth
To hit
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

daze413
2015-12-10, 09:55 PM

Kalmir, the Lion, jumps out of the underbrush and pounces a fresh Orc, overpowering the brute with his sheer weight and size, rending him with his massive claws. The vicious assault leaves a deep gash in the Orc's bare chest. The Druid proceeded to bite into the Orc's neck, trying to block his breathing and incapacitate the Orc.

Lion : AC 16 (Barkskin)
HP 26/26

Kalmir attacks an Orc:
[roll0]
[roll1] Advantage from Pack Tactics and Marty within 5 ft?
on a hit: [roll2]
crit: [roll3]
Will roll for the Orc's Saving Throw to keep the flow (tell me if you don't want me to do this in the future):
[roll4] not sure what modifier to put so just rolling and assuming anything less than 10 is a fail

If it does fail it falls prone and Kalmir will bite it as a Bonus Action:
[roll5]
[roll6] Advantage from target being prone
on a hit: [roll7]
crit: [roll8]

Will edit fluff based on roll results. Total damage: 25

UrsusArctos
2015-12-10, 09:58 PM
Iofur moved through the underbrush, entering the orc camp. Looking at the sleeping orcs, he began to enter a berserker rage. The tattoos that had covered his hands spread upwards, covering the entirety of his arms. Parts of the tattoo then branched out over the rest of his body. He took his axe and brought it down on one of the orcs, the one attacked by his now leonine ally.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Bandededed
2015-12-11, 06:50 AM
Swiping her arm across her sweating brow, Rose tries to act like the darts of force she'd produced were totally part of her plan all along. She sends two at any injured orcs who are still standing, and dumps the rest into the nearest orc which wasn't injured.

Raising her crossbow, and suddenly wondering if attacking them all like this was really her best idea (even if it seemed like the thing to do at the time), she fires at the nearest injured orc, scoring a decent hit into it's shoulder.

Each of these is +1, and grouping 2 into any injured orc, and the rest into another one. Sorry for the extra work, but I'm not 100% on who's standing.
[roll0]

Attack with crossbow. Pretty sure them being prone kills any advantage atm, so
[roll1]
[roll2]