PDA

View Full Version : Luckiest Character Challenge

FocusWolf413
2015-12-03, 06:33 PM
I have a challenge for you: build the luckiest character you can! There are some guidelines:

Make it ridiculous! Dark chaos shuffle, kobolds, kender, flaws, and pretty much anything else is fair game.
It needs to have at least one luck feat.
It can't be a full caster or equivalent. Don't be that guy. Dips are fine.
Give it as many rerolls as possible.

There's no deadline and the prize is my admiration. Woo!

GilesTheCleric
2015-12-03, 06:57 PM
What do you mean by lucky? Lucky as in makes no die rolls, and thus has no failure rate; as in succeeds on anything involving random chance; as in can choose when to succeed; as in succeeds on everything; as in often is placed into unfortunate circumstances, but manages to overcome; as in is never placed in unfortunate circumstances and lives in the best possible world and has no struggles...?

FocusWolf413
2015-12-03, 10:03 PM
What do you mean by lucky? Lucky as in makes no die rolls, and thus has no failure rate; as in succeeds on anything involving random chance; as in can choose when to succeed; as in succeeds on everything; as in often is placed into unfortunate circumstances, but manages to overcome; as in is never placed in unfortunate circumstances and lives in the best possible world and has no struggles...?

It was left vague purposely.

Heliomance
2015-12-04, 09:08 AM

I propose the following metric:

Has the most possible luck rerolls and can spend them in the most situations.

FocusWolf413
2015-12-04, 09:13 AM
That works. Added in edit.

ben-zayb
2015-12-04, 09:22 AM
By full-caster, do you mean 9th level spells spellcasting? Because a bard can make a decent Luckstealer / Fortune's Friend.

Alternative: If we're just going by RAW maximization of rerolls, then the NI-reroll Crusader takes the cake.

Fouredged Sword
2015-12-04, 09:27 AM
I would want to mix in surge of fortune and a vaporal weapon. Killing any living non-crit immune creature on command, no save, seems really lucky.

Telonius
2015-12-04, 09:36 AM
Strongheart Halfling
Sorcerer6/Luckstealer4/Fatespinner5/Fortune's Friend 5

Feats: Dallah Thaun's Luck, Blind-Fight, and as many Luck feats as you can cram into it. It ends up casting as a Sorcerer13, so I think that counts as not being a full caster.