PDA

View Full Version : Player Help I'm accidentally a bat, please help

Themike
2015-12-03, 06:42 PM
So tomorrow I'm starting in a Pathfinder campaign and thought that it was going to be a one shot, instead it's ongoing and will be at least 4 sessions. We are starting at 0 level and my character is an anthropomorphic bat, first level (level 0) will be a Warrior NPC variant of Scout. We will be in a very combat heavy setting and I have no idea what to do for 1st and 2nd level.
What class/archetype/Pathfinder thing would be good for a flying humanoid?

Any advice is helpful/appreciated!

CharonsHelper
2015-12-03, 06:49 PM
Go with a bard.

That way all of their sonic damage spells are your bat screeching at them.

(plus... bards are awesome)

goto124
2015-12-03, 07:10 PM
Why did I think OP got polymorphed or cursed into a bat?

Themike
2015-12-03, 08:05 PM
Why did I think OP got polymorphed or cursed into a bat?

Because the amount of sleep I've gotten in the last day is less than half the time I've been at work (10 hours) so I didn't explain clearly and it seems like that response would make sense. What I should have said was, I accidentally picked a goofy one off set up for a character in a system I'm not familiar with and need advice for what class to play also feats and such.

nedz
2015-12-04, 05:16 AM
You might want to provide more information and re-post this in the 3.5/Pathfinder sub-forum.

It's just that you will get better responses.

Marlowe
2015-12-04, 06:12 AM
I give props for this being the best thread title since "I'm weird".

MrZJunior
2015-12-04, 07:36 AM
Embrace your batness and go rogue.

"I am the night."

nedz
2015-12-04, 10:23 AM
Be a Bat Batman Wizard ?

dspeyer
2015-12-04, 10:51 AM
IIRC anthrobats have a huge wisdom bonus and weak physical stats. That screams "druid".

Demidos
2015-12-04, 12:58 PM
Druid is the typical option, for the awesomeness of that +6 wisdom. Cleric is also rather awesome.

Monk would be.....odd.....
but that AC would be through the roof, meaning that combat heavy game probably would have trouble hitting you.

Shrug. Some thoughts.

CharonsHelper
2015-12-04, 03:25 PM
Monk would be.....odd.....
but that AC would be through the roof, meaning that combat heavy game probably would have trouble hitting you.

If you go monk (probably more 'Batman' than a rogue) I'd suggest going Master of Many Styles. (with most recent errata) They give up Flurry - but that means that you can combine your nat attack(s) with your unarmed full attack - not possible with Flurry.

Also - get an Agile AoMF ASAP and a pearl of power for your buddies to cast Mage Armor on you - and there you go!

Inevitability
2015-12-04, 04:29 PM
You can fly.You're also playing in a 1st-level campaign. Just try to stay out of improvised thrown weapon range and you'll be okay in most of the encounters. Don't play anything melee-centric and you'll be fine.

enderlord99
2015-12-04, 08:02 PM
You can fly.You're also playing in a 1st-level campaign. Just try to stay out of improvised thrown weapon range and you'll be okay in most of the encounters. Don't play anything melee-centric and you'll be fine.

I expected you to say something in-character, here.