PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Help with a Npc gish

Nosta
2015-12-03, 08:01 PM
so I am working on my next campaign well my friend starts his next game. I want to have time to build a nice size open world. My last game all took place in one city and a 100 floor dungeon.

so in my new world there is a group of solider for the Imperial City called The Fafnir Knights
the Npc I need help with A female Fafnir knight who is Capitan of the western division.
She is a duskBlade gestalt (problem is I'm not sure what her other class should be.I was thinking of paladin but i'm not sure)
and second I was planning on her swinging around A greataxe but i'm not sure if I should go greatsword, the only problem is I use that weapon way to much)

so what I need is a good class to compliment the duskblade half (I want her to have a strong nova)
she will be level 13 (so full Arcane channel Yay :smallcool: )
and I need to know what would be the best weapon to compliment the build

for the type of person she is. she's has high intellect and is also on the strong side. she's is quick temper and normally deals nonlethal damage to people who get on her back side. she is the second strongest in the western part of the Imperial City

so any one got some ideas they can throw me

darksolitaire
2015-12-04, 04:19 AM
Cleric or Wizard on the other side would get more and better spells to channel. Yes, you can do that. :smallbiggrin: Any two handed martial weapon like great sword is fine if you use power attack. If not, you could as well use long sword and shield.

nedz
2015-12-04, 10:20 AM
Beguiler
Int based and lots of skill points with Interpersonal skills - just don't bother with the stealth ones.
Lots more spells you can use with Arcane Strike, you have taken that feat - yes ? ( Complete Warrior p96)
Also lots of utility and non-lethal spells
Channel Whelm for 5d6 non-lethal.
Silent Spell and Still Spell for free.

Nosta
2015-12-04, 10:35 AM
Beguiler
Int based and lots of skill points with Interpersonal skills - just don't bother with the stealth ones.
Lots more spells you can use with Arcane Strike, you have taken that feat - yes ? ( Complete Warrior p96)
Also lots of utility and non-lethal spells
Channel Whelm for 5d6 non-lethal.
Silent Spell and Still Spell for free.

Whelm for 5d6 non-lethal huh? I can use that for sure

and as for arcane strike, I always take that for my gish I build

Do you have a weapon and what enchantments that would compliment her?

Red Fel
2015-12-04, 11:51 AM
Do you have a weapon and what enchantments that would compliment her?

Duskblades and Bloodstone weapons - two great tastes that taste great together. Duskblades can cast Vampiric Touch (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/vampiricTouch.htm), a spell that deals 1d6 damage per 2 CL (max 10d6) and grants it to you as temporary HP. Bloodstone weapons are spell-storing weapons that can store a charge of Vampiric Touch, and automatically maximize it, meaning it does the maximum damage it can do. So, for example, a CL 10 Duskblade with maximized Vampiric Touch deals the maximum on a 5d6 roll, or 30 damage from the spell, all of which becomes temporary HP.