PDA

View Full Version : Build for Katniss?

171akup
2015-12-03, 10:14 PM
I wanna make a build for Katniss from Hunger Games. :smallbiggrin:

elonin
2015-12-03, 10:22 PM
Commoner? She would be fairly average. Just going by the movies as I haven't read the books.

FocusWolf413
2015-12-03, 10:34 PM
I'd say she's a level 3 ranger.
S 10 D 13-14 C 12 I 11 W 10 C 8
She takes archery feats, favored enemy human, ranks in survival, know nature, hide, move silently, climb, balance, tumble, swim, jump, balance, craft (traps), profession (hunter), bluff, diplomacy.

Tvtyrant
2015-12-03, 11:06 PM
Level 3 Rogue. Int 7, dex 15, con 18. Dumb as a rock, can tank more than anyone else in the series. Lethal wasps? Gets up a day later good as new.

FocusWolf413
2015-12-03, 11:39 PM
Level 3 Rogue. Int 7, dex 15, con 18. Dumb as a rock, can tank more than anyone else in the series. Lethal wasps? Gets up a day later good as new.

Remember, she's a bi- *ahem* a bit abrasive. Cha of 4, then?

Tvtyrant
2015-12-03, 11:46 PM
Remember, she's a bi- *ahem* a bit abrasive. Cha of 4, then?

Her wisdom is also crazy low. I'm starting to move her toward Barbarian in my head...

stanprollyright
2015-12-04, 12:04 AM
Just a normal archer Ranger.

Pex
2015-12-04, 12:12 AM
She has good ranks in Knowledge Nature to know about poison berries and mocking jays. Low wisdom, I agree. She is easily manipulated, but she has some intelligence. Average 10 is fine.

Telonius
2015-12-04, 12:16 AM
I'd say she actually has a pretty high Charisma score, just some Flaw that gives a penalty to Charisma-based skill checks (like Diplomacy, Bluff, or Perform (Propaganda Video)). When she's just being herself (plain old Charisma check, not a skill check) she's fine.

She's got some pretty good ranks in Hide, Move Silently, and Survival.

Demidos
2015-12-04, 01:12 AM
Max ranks in perform(oratory).

ILM
2015-12-04, 05:27 AM
Straight Bard. Honestly she spends more time giving speeches and making people fall for her than shooting arrows. And there's this whole acting thing going on in the first Hunger Games. Isn't there an ACF to trade spellcasting for fighter feats?

Also, special ability to have two cohorts :p.

FocusWolf413
2015-12-04, 08:09 AM
Maybe she can have the flaw Adolescent. She gets a -2 to all sense motive, diplomacy, and bluff checks.

Florian
2015-12-04, 08:48 AM
Low Int/Wis/Cha rogue with bonus combat feats and skill focus by gm fiat.

ben-zayb
2015-12-04, 09:10 AM
Low Int/Wis/Cha rogue with bonus combat feats and skill focus by gm fiat.

More or less this, IMO, except instead of Rogue, either an Expert or a heavy-Fiat Commoner.

Florian
2015-12-04, 02:33 PM
More or less this, IMO, except instead of Rogue, either an Expert or a heavy-Fiat Commoner.

Going from here: And a setting where take10 is enough to be great.

Aleolus
2015-12-04, 02:34 PM
I wanna make a build for Katniss from Hunger Games. :smallbiggrin:

Are you talking about at the start of the series or the end?

At the start she's a low level ranger, plain and simple. Average str, high dex, moderately high con, above average int, below average wis and average cha.

At the end, however, she'd probably be level 4 or 5 ranger, maybe 1 or 2 fighter.

171akup
2015-12-08, 02:25 AM
Are you talking about at the start of the series or the end?

At the start she's a low level ranger, plain and simple. Average str, high dex, moderately high con, above average int, below average wis and average cha.

At the end, however, she'd probably be level 4 or 5 ranger, maybe 1 or 2 fighter.

It would be good for a progression through level 1 onwards. :smallbiggrin:

Vogie
2015-12-08, 12:38 PM
Maybe she can have the flaw Adolescent. She gets a -2 to all sense motive, diplomacy, and bluff checks.

That makes sense. She starts off effectively a Ranger, with a favored enemy- Animals and Favored Terrain - Forest, no animal companion, with all archery bent. After the events of Catching Fire, she turns into the Hooded Champion PrC.

Depending on which direction you go, you may want to put a couple levels in bard for the buffs or rogue for the shenanigans.

If you're making it as close as possible to Katniss in the movies, make sure you get the Thigh Gap Feat.

Willie the Duck
2015-12-08, 03:09 PM

Maybe one of the expanded natural healing type feats or Alternate Class Abilities.

If you're making it as close as possible to Katniss in the movies, make sure you get the Thigh Gap Feat.

Even though it is a movie about her, I'd say that's really more on the actress than the character.

Acanous
2015-12-08, 03:14 PM
gotta be Ranger. FE: Human helps her a hell of a lot, and of course she's archery spec. After the first movie, she sticks to Ranger- still doing things for effect rather than saying them. Haven't seen the 3rd one yet, but honestly she's likely to stay ranger or hit Rogue

ZamielVanWeber
2015-12-08, 03:49 PM
Things we know for certain:
She is proficient with bows and has above average skill with them despite not betraying a particularly high dexterity, so a class with full BaB is advised.
She is charismatic, although she has no skill in most charisma skills and if worse at them than her natural charisma would make it seem.
She can hunt, so the Survival skill would be advised.
She is not the wisest person, actively impulsively or against her own interests at times, so a low Wis would be good.
Considering all this, a spell-less ranger is probably your best bet (magic does not exist in Panem and her wis is too low to use ranger skills anyways).

Aetol
2015-12-08, 04:08 PM
If we're following her progression through the story, I'd say she begins as a Ranger (spends her time hunting in the wilds, crazy good with a bow) and later multiclasses into Bard (becomes the figurehead of the rebellion and makes propaganda videos).

GreyBlack
2015-12-08, 06:43 PM
Starting with stats, she's not stupid. She may not be book educated, but she does have a good amount of knowledge and raw intellectual capacity. Also, she is very inspiring, even able to convince people to turn against the capital. I wouldn't put her stats much further than standard array (she's doesn't really display any super human feats), so I'm going to go here:
13 12 11 10 9 8
Str: 9 (she isn't demonstrably stronger or weaker than the average person, but she isn't well fed and probably suffering from malnutrition)
Dex: 13 (she is extremely skilled with a bow, sufficiently so to get sponsored)
Con: 11 (again, nothing sticks out)
Int: 10 (again, not book smart, but not stupid either. Just sort of average)
Wis: 8 ("I think we should save Peeta!" She's also really, REALLY bad at reading intentions and people)
Cha: 12 (When properly motivated, she displays some truly brilliant moments)
Now, to class? She isn't going to get any higher than level 3. While she may be inspiring, it's not in her class features list, and given her predisposition towards being a loner, I'm going to disqualify her from bard. Also, while she gets angry and lashes out, it usually isn't in a physical manner, disqualifying barbarian. If her wisdom was higher, perhaps druid, but she is really not in tune with anything. However, she is really good at tracking and surviving in the wild. So, as such, I'm going with Ranger 2 (nets her a combat style and tracking)/fighter 1 (when she becomes a soldier). Thoughts?