PDA

View Full Version : Question About Tieflings

manda_babylon
2007-06-08, 10:42 PM
Would the blood of a Tiefling be poisonous to a vampire? If so, what reaction would the vampire have as a result?

melchizedek
2007-06-08, 10:46 PM
RAW, no. There is no reason why it should be. It would be a perfectly valid house rule, however. As you would have to houserule it anyway, you can make the vampire react however you want.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-08, 11:01 PM
I myself wouldn't make very very slightly fiendish blood be poisonous or deadly to a creature that is fueled by negative energy, and is otherwise immune to poison.

Maglad
2007-06-09, 02:39 AM
Why would it have to be? Is that like saying an Aasmar´s blood gives it a power boost? are Aasimar the vampiric version of energy drinks, all of a sudden? :smallsmile:

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-06-09, 02:49 AM
are Aasimar the vampiric version of energy drinks, all of a sudden?

*Jots idea down for future campaign* :smallsmile:

Driderman
2007-06-09, 04:14 AM
Would the blood of a Tiefling be poisonous to a vampire? If so, what reaction would the vampire have as a result?

I highly doubt it. Maybe the blood of fullblood fiends might be, but not according to any rules I've read. Of course, if you want it to, houserules are they way to go. Though I'd say making Tiefling blood poisonous to vampires is unrealistic and giving the tiefling quite a practical, if slight, boost. Actually, I'd have to say that if anything, it should be Aasimar blood that was poisonous to vampires, seeing as they're divine

Yechezkiel
2007-06-09, 04:23 AM
If you want to take inspiration from White Wolf's version of vampires, imbibing demonic blood was an addictive rush and lead down the path of (infernal) damnation (as opposed to plain old soul-less damnation, i.e. Oblivion). But then again, in the old World of Darkness, anything outside of mortal blood was highly addictive and filled with all sorts of various side effects.

jamroar
2007-06-09, 04:39 AM
If you want to take inspiration from White Wolf's version of vampires, imbibing demonic blood was an addictive rush and lead down the path of (infernal) damnation (as opposed to plain old soul-less damnation, i.e. Oblivion). But then again, in the old World of Darkness, anything outside of mortal blood was highly addictive and filled with all sorts of various side effects.

Yeah, if anything, Tiefling blood would be like watered down exotic foreign alcoholic beverages or something.

Lavin
2007-07-07, 11:17 PM
Why would it have to be? Is that like saying an Aasmar´s blood gives it a power boost? are Aasimar the vampiric version of energy drinks, all of a sudden? :smallsmile:

If anything, the opposite would be true. An Asamir's blood would hurt a Vampire (good-evil=hurt) and a Tiefling would help (evil+evil=help).

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-07, 11:21 PM
It would be a nice plot twist if a good vamp hunted trieflings and kept vials of there blood for those long dry spells.

Hectonkhyres
2007-07-08, 12:34 AM
Poisonous? Probably not.
I might rule that they might have an unpleasant or acquired taste to them. Or I might throw in a little (and I stress little) bit of drunkedness. +1 to strength based rolls, -1 to int based ones. Nothing major.

What I want to know is what happens when a vamp bites a Slaad.
Lick the toad, baby. Lick the toad.

Fruan
2007-07-08, 01:46 AM
What I want to know is what happens when a vamp bites a Slaad.
Lick the toad, baby. Lick the toad.

They turn into a magenta slaad? Unless its tuesday, in which case they both turn into plaid slaad.

More slaad colours, with even weirder and less likely life cycles!