PDA

View Full Version : What's next for O'Chul? [Spoilers]

Dalenthas
2007-06-08, 11:20 PM
Well, the Giant wouldn't have had him survive unless there was a specific plot point to it, so what do you guys think it is?
My personal theory is he gets left on the battlefield, the Order eventually find him, Durkon removes the Paralysis, and then he explains the battle in the tower to the OotS. Although, one has to wonder why Rich saw it necessary to have him land right next to the MitD. There has to be a reason for it...

ARG! I feel like a conspiracy theorist! Only about webcomics instead of JFK!

Setra
2007-06-08, 11:25 PM
Maybe the MiTD eats him.

Demented
2007-06-08, 11:27 PM
Maybe the MitD will feed him a healing potion (tea) and thwack him somewhere.
"For being paralyzed, he sure does go places!"

malakim2099
2007-06-08, 11:28 PM
Maybe the MiTD eats him.

You know, it's very rude form to eat a tea party guest!

I suspect we shall next see O-Chul with a frilly pink hat and a tea-cup held in his paralyzed hand, having a nice party with MitD when Xykon shows up...

:xykon: Come on kid, time to go...
:mitd: Awwww... well, goodbye Mrs. Nesbitt!!!
:roach: *snickers*

Zhrec
2007-06-08, 11:54 PM
maube :mitd: also wants a pappy, same as :thog:

Bunny
2007-06-09, 12:04 AM
Somehow ... I have no idea how ... but somehow Mr. Scruffy will find O-Chul. Because Mr. Scruffy's litterbox needs to be cleaned. (Yours would too, after a battle like that.)

Once Mr. Scruffy is back in the picture, everything will start to improve. He is the key to everything.

Bunny

David Argall
2007-06-09, 12:10 AM
Well, the Giant wouldn't have had him survive unless there was a specific plot point to it, so what do you guys think it is?
My personal theory is he gets left on the battlefield, the Order eventually find him, Durkon removes the Paralysis, and then he explains the battle in the tower to the OotS. Although, one has to wonder why Rich saw it necessary to have him land right next to the MitD. There has to be a reason for it...

Landing next to the MITD allows us to keep in touch with it, and to get in a joke or two. Plenty of reason. Of course, he may also be a witness to something the lich has to say in the near future.

Lemur
2007-06-09, 12:20 AM
While O-Chul may do something of significance eventually, I think that his main purpose at the moment is "see how many times O-Chul can brush with death but survive" rather than be a pivotal plot element. Since he's a relatively minor character, and since his grim personality is not only ready for death at any moment, but also ready to sacrifice his life, it makes an interesting running gag to see him accidently live through deadly situations.

Corwin Weber
2007-06-09, 12:27 AM
But... but... but......

HOW for the love of....

Rincewind
2007-06-09, 02:20 AM
Although, one has to wonder why Rich saw it necessary to have him land right next to the MitD. There has to be a reason for it...

But MitD was so alone on the battlefield :frown:

Kgw
2007-06-09, 02:31 AM
There has to be a reason for it...
Err... because it's funny? :D

Icewalker
2007-06-09, 02:32 AM
Um, maybe he's dead. The paralyzation says that they appear dead in every way, so he could well be dead and we wouldn't know. Seems kind of likely (not to mention I kind of want the explosion to have killed Miko too :smallannoyed: )

Ridureyu
2007-06-09, 02:35 AM
No X's on the eyes. Not dead.

Alex Warlorn
2007-06-09, 02:56 AM
O-Chu in a pink frilly dress being made to have tea with MitD, yep, fits it's personality perfectly. Since we all know it's really a suped up Giant Vorpal Bunnie underneath that darkness.

Jaradcel
2007-06-09, 08:54 AM
I wonder if you lose your alignment when enough of your dignity in your class is stripped away for a paladin.... that would be ridiculously funny for poor O-Chul...

Feradik
2007-06-09, 09:08 AM
humma...
O'Chul was there when Soon said where Xykon's phylactery is located...
consider that a moment
:smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2007-06-09, 09:19 AM
Funny if O'chul and :mitd: became friends!:smallamused:

MReav
2007-06-09, 10:25 AM
I think the MitD is going to eat him, since he's been wanting to devour something.

Not fun.

the_tick_rules
2007-06-09, 10:39 AM
he'll survive to tell the OOTS what happened in the throne room.

drKarling
2007-06-09, 10:44 AM
Like malakim2099 said; MitD will dress him up in a pink dress.
When MitD leaves, O'chul will stand on the battlefield for a while, before he ends up as a lawn ornament in somebody's garden.

Belkon
2007-06-09, 11:04 AM
maybe o-chul died and can't make the xx eyes cause his eye muscles are still paralyzed *gasp* poor o-chul

MReav
2007-06-09, 11:11 AM
maybe o-chul died and can't make the xx eyes cause his eye muscles are still paralyzed *gasp* poor o-chul

Naw, because X-d out eyes is a metacomic feature. If he died, he'd have the X-d out eyes, but he'd still have that pissed off scowl to go with it.

Alex Warlorn
2007-06-09, 11:15 AM
Like malakim2099 said; MitD will dress him up in a pink dress.
When MitD leaves, O'chul will stand on the battlefield for a while, before he ends up as a lawn ornament in somebody's garden.

It'll wear off eventually, but him running towards his allies in a pink dress will not be the most heroic.

Lord Zentei
2007-06-09, 11:15 AM
humma...
O'Chul was there when Soon said where Xykon's phylactery is located...
consider that a moment
:smallbiggrin:

I think you may be on to something here. :smallwink:

TheNovak
2007-06-09, 11:35 AM
It'll wear off eventually, but him running towards his allies in a pink dress will not be the most heroic.

No it won't. A lich's paralysis is permanent until removed with a spell.

Aducabar
2007-06-09, 11:59 AM
Although, one has to wonder why Rich saw it necessary to have him land right next to the MitD.

How about "peaceful contact with an evil outsider"? :smallbiggrin:

jindra34
2007-06-09, 12:00 PM

Are you asking for trouble?:furious:

Kyn
2007-06-09, 12:15 PM
I can think of one good reason O'Chul needs to survive:

To tell the party what Miko did.

I hope that wherever Miko is, Soon is giving her a thorough tongue lashing. She can't hurt him without her paladin abilities. Maybe he'll become her concience?

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-06-09, 12:35 PM
What did Miko do?

Sacrificed herself to stop Xykon? Destroyed the gate to deny it to Xykon? Saved everyone?

or

Destroy the gate against the orders of Soon? Committed the same crime she tracked and arrested the OotS for? Doomed everyone?

It's all in the spin!

kirbsys
2007-06-09, 12:38 PM
I 'spose it is.

LordVader
2007-06-09, 12:42 PM
Definitely as a source of information as to the events surrounding the gate's destruction. This way, the Order will know how Xykon "respawns". Also, they will know how badly Miko screwed up.:smallbiggrin:

teratorn
2007-06-09, 12:52 PM

You're up to something there. He's already a "fallen" paladin. He'll become blackguard!

jindra34
2007-06-09, 12:54 PM
You're up to something there. He's already a "fallen" paladin. He'll become blackguard!

Do i have to repeat myself?:smallfrown: :smallfrown:

TheNovak
2007-06-09, 01:21 PM
More of an "exploded" or "hurled from the wreckage of Azure City's throne room" paladin, I'd say.

nimby
2007-06-09, 01:43 PM
More of an "exploded" or "hurled from the wreckage of Azure City's throne room" paladin, I'd say.

So he'll become a Blownguard?

TheNovak
2007-06-09, 02:53 PM
I dunno, if he kept his Good alignment I suppose he could be a Justicaboom.

lord_khaine
2007-06-09, 02:58 PM
a cup of tea, and if he is lucky a biscuit.

Bunny
2007-06-09, 04:39 PM
I can think of one good reason O'Chul needs to survive:

To tell the party what Miko did.

I hope that wherever Miko is, Soon is giving her a thorough tongue lashing. She can't hurt him without her paladin abilities. Maybe he'll become her concience?

Kyn, that would be a good thing, for Miko's sake. O-chul, if he dies, would also make a very good conscience.

However, I hope Roy, inspired by his father's incorporeal nagging, will be the one to haunt Miko and drive her sane.

O-chul may do more good in the role of "Mrs. Nesbitt" than he can in any other!

Bunny

MR.PIXIE
2007-06-11, 09:04 AM
He'll wake up, have some tea-talk and then TRY to kick MitD's butt.:smallsmile: