PDA

View Full Version : Xykon and the Sapphire Guard (SPECULATION)

kpenguin
2007-06-08, 11:29 PM
The cover of SoD shows Xykon killing what appears to be a typical SG paladin. So... did the SG know about Xykon before the seige? Did Shojo know before Eugene told him?

Lord_Butters_I
2007-06-08, 11:48 PM
...Noone will know until SoD comes out, and it's not. So are you asking for speculation or are you an idiot? Because if you're asking for speculation I would have to say no, they didn't know about him and he's fighting them because he's friends with Redcloak and the SG hates goblins, specifically the Bearer of the Crimson Mantle, aka Redcloak.

Demented
2007-06-08, 11:51 PM
Nobody has to know that he killed the Paladin... Though, given that the SG have given RC a tough time, it's possible that Xykon's actions against the SG are what earned Xykon RC's loyalty.

(Poorly-written sentences = Win!)

kpenguin
2007-06-08, 11:54 PM
...Noone will know until SoD comes out, and it's not. So are you asking for speculation or are you an idiot? Because if you're asking for speculation I would have to say no, they didn't know about him and he's fighting them because he's friends with Redcloak and the SG hates goblins, specifically the Bearer of the Crimson Mantle, aka Redcloak.

No need to get testy. Speculation, of course. No one posts a thread like this looking for actual answers without getting flamed or almost-flamed.

Anyway, why would the paladins not know about Xykon if that indeed is a SG paladin he's killing on the cover.

Pink
2007-06-08, 11:57 PM
It's obvious that Xykon has had some past dealings with the sapphire guard, whether the guard knows it or not. In fact it could be considered Xykon disliks them very much but just isn't serious enough to show it. Afterall, When RC discovered the location of the gate there, Xykon seemed very keen about it. Just a thought of course.