PDA

View Full Version : Empire II IC thread

Pages : [1] 2

Raistlin1040
2007-06-09, 12:45 AM
Please refer to the Recruitment thread for rules and regulations. This game follows regular WW rules on cheating and other rules.

Players
Castaras
Kyrian
Inky
Janusnori
Eldritch Knight
Orzel
Krursk
Pingcode
Shadow
Flying Elephant
Lord Magtok
Ink
J Muller
Zar Peter
Selrahc
Joosbawx
[Insert neat username here]
Gnome Barbarian
RoKAi
Belethorian
Helgraf
Vespe
Alarra
ER
Vicarin
Meynolds
Vonriel
Xykon Fan
Nomron
Neodan
Exachix

Summary
None yet

Atreyu, would you mind writing the death scenes for us, the poor narrorators?

Raistlin1040
2007-06-09, 09:18 AM
Can I get the Mods to move this to structured games please? Thank you.

Shadow
2007-06-09, 01:30 PM
((Just for reference, the registration thread is HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42818).))

Captain's log. Stardate 427368-5.

I.... really.... don't know if.... anyone has.... seen this.... thread.... but me. We should.... get to posting.... and.... get people.... to.... notice it. I.... point at.... Joosbaxw.... because he's.... probably.... going to.... get.... autolynched.... anyway....

I'd.... also.... like to state.... that.... I stole.... the first point.... from Cassie.... this time.... only so that.... we could.... get.... things.... rolling....

Sorry.... hun....

Zar Peter
2007-06-09, 04:05 PM
The captain got a good point!

But he stole the first point from Cassie, let's kill him!

Noooo, not again. I have to suppress the voices! He's a good captain.

Zar Peter points at Joosebawx

Castaras
2007-06-09, 04:13 PM
(( Wehay, I'm the first pointer person of WW! :smalltongue:

Actually, I didn't point 'cos I couldn't decide on a role. So... ))

A big blue police box appears in the corner of the room. The door opens, and a man with a brown hat, striped scarf, brown curly hair, and cheesy grin steps out. A young assistant steps out, looking around.

Doctor! It's just like out of Star Trek!

You don't say...

The assistant looks around at the people.

Doctor! Look!

The generic assistant points in the direction of Vespe Ratavo.

It's a Vulcan!

pingcode20
2007-06-09, 06:49 PM
A red light activates around the ship, as the Ship's Computer becomes fully active.

"Good morning, Dr. Bowman."

For some reason, the vulcan-built HALLE-9k always addressed people as 'Dr. Bowman' or 'Dave' or some variation of that sort.

"I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do."

Silently, HAL deactivated Joosbawx's life support

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-09, 08:01 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/Yitsockl/spockelf.gif
((Avvie by Mr_Saturn! Yay!))

Vespe Ratavo walks out onto the bridge.
Yes, I am in fact a Vulcan, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. In fact, one might hypothesize that due to my obvious racial traits, I am in fact, less likely, if not completely an unlikely choice to be a Klingon.
However, I shall refrain from pointing back at you, as you yourself have shown no signs of being a Klingon, and I am not Human, so no emotion of revenge exists as a motive for me to accuse you.

((Doctor Who? Yay! Next thing you know we're gonna have Eldar and Space Marines raiding the ship...))

EmeraldRose
2007-06-09, 09:49 PM
((there is a FLASH of light in the thread in the thread and a vaguely humanoid form appears, then blinks randomly around the ship, peering at each person, as if trying to determine who to choose))

inky13112
2007-06-09, 11:22 PM
FOR THE EMPEROR!!! You here bellowed as a Space Marine boarding pod strikes the side of the ship. Brave space marine assault squads, backed up by the massive terminator assault squads come pouring in, followed at last by their commander in artificer armor. He looks around then swings his power sword up at Joosbawx and says, He is the Heretic, burn him!

What?

Hey its Empire II and it doesn't get much more imperial than the imperium of man. :smallbiggrin:

Vonriel
2007-06-09, 11:54 PM
A random ensign comes running into the thick of things, completely freaking out. Did someone say away mission? What? No! Not me! Please not me! For the love of all that is holy, take him! Vonriel points at Joosbawx, obviously deathly scared of being chosen to go on an away mission.

((Hmm, it might be a bad idea to roleplay a random ensign, given the name of one of the roles, but whatever, I just wanna have fun with this one. :smallbiggrin: ))

Helgraf
2007-06-10, 12:10 AM
This is ... highly irregular. But the procedures manual is clear.

*Helgraf points at Joosbawx.*

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-10, 01:13 AM
A man walks onto the bridge wearing a skeletal mask, a t-shirt that states "I (Heart) :xykon:", and a small holy symbol around his neck. He appears confused for a second before a flash suddenly replaces his clothing with a normal starfleet uniform. You notice that his hands are webbed, but you can't tell if he already had that before the flash, or if you just now noticed it.

"My name is XF. Now that I am in the proper state for this scenario, I will introduce myself. I won't say it's nice to meet you, because I don't really know if it is or not. However, it appears we have klingons in our midst, and it would be in my best interest to investigate them. As the man over there appears to be comatose and a Klingon by popular opinion, I suggest we start by jettisoning him." Points at Joosbawx

You can check out Zaldans here (http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Zaldan).

Castaras
2007-06-10, 03:57 AM
Doctor! What's happening?!

Hmm, well it seems to be that these people are voting to kill someone.

Why?!

I have no idea. But I think you pointing at that Vulcan there was a bad idea.

Why?! I'm not voting!

But they might think you are.

Oh! Sorry, mister Vulcan guy!

The assistant stops pointing at Vespe Ratavo. The Doctor turns to another random person nearby.

Excuse me, but could you tell us where we are? And perhaps, what year this is? And what is going on?

Ink
2007-06-10, 05:52 AM
Lieutenant Ink pushes a few buttons and shiny lights on some important-looking panels down in Engineering, trying to look busy as the Commander approaches.

"Commander, I've just recallibrated the fribillator on the vandurgy. The juntracition should now be functioning at 85% maximum capacity."

He receives a nod from the Commander and watches him walk past into the hallway.

"Meh."

Lieutenant Ink returns to reading stick-figure comics on his panel screen. He suddenly looks up and snaps his fingers.

"Oh yeah, almost forgot. Computer, initiate a point at Joosbawx."

pingcode20
2007-06-10, 06:58 AM
"I hope you know what you're doing, Dave." came the smooth, immaterial voice from somewhere, the omnipresent red eye suddenly replacing the stick figure comics on Ink's screen.

If there was anything a human being could do better than a HALLE-9k, it was making up random garbage. Bizarrely enough, the universe seemed to respond to this, and achieved whatever strange goal they had in mind.

"I've picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours."

And with a wrench, the universe warped the ship to feature an 'AE35 unit' that would fail within 72 hours.

With that, the glowing eye vanished, the oppressive visage replacing itself with the stick figures once again.

Ink
2007-06-10, 08:06 AM
Ink blinks and shakes his head a few times.

"Whuh? I must be going crazy. For a second there I could've sworn I heard the computer call me 'Lieutenant' instead of 'Dave'. Must be all the hard work I do... getting to my brain. Lousy Commander, always giving me the long shifts."

"Now what the heck is an AE35, what in blazes does it do, and why the dickens is it malfunctioning? Lets see... AE35.. AE35... aha. Says here the AE35 unit supplies hot water to decks 13, 14, and 18. Bah! Screw that, they can all take cold water showers for all I care! I'm blowing this joint."

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-10, 08:40 AM
FOR THE EMPEROR!!! You here bellowed as a Space Marine boarding pod strikes the side of the ship. Brave space marine assault squads, backed up by the massive terminator assault squads come pouring in, followed at last by their commander in artificer armor. He looks around then swings his power sword up at Joosbawx and says, He is the Heretic, burn him!

What?

Hey its Empire II and it doesn't get much more imperial than the imperium of man. :smallbiggrin:

((You win. You know what? Just stop the game people, Inky wins the entire freaking internet. :smallbiggrin: ))

Vespe gives that :smallconfused: look, and then walks around the bridge.
I am perplexed. What, may I ask, has inclined you people to point at this "Joosbawx" fellow. Has he even reported for duty today? I shall decline from pointing until someone gives me a logical reason to logically logictate that this logically illogical fellow is logically a Klingon.

((They used the word "logic" way too much in that series. :smallbiggrin: ))

Vonriel
2007-06-10, 10:35 AM
Practically shaking in fear, the ensign looks at Vespe. You wanna know why? I'll tell you why. Every time a random ensign like myself is chosen for an away mission, we don't come back! First there was Ricky, then James, then Jonathan.. The list goes on, and I refuse to add my name to it! He looks around, panicking that he may have brought attention to himself, and makes ready to bolt down the hallway at the first sign of Shadow.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-10, 10:40 AM
XF looks disgusted for a second and rolls his eyes.

"Exactly, you dimwit. That's the point. He's in a comatose state and has not showed signs of life for several weeks. If he is a Klingon and we kill him, that's one less. If he is not a Klingon, we have killed a vegetable with little to no brain activity."

(Man! This character's gonna get me lynched so fast with this attitude! Please understand that Zaldans view politeness as lies and untruth and they prefer brutal honesty!)

EmeraldRose
2007-06-10, 10:47 AM
*The humanoid form continues to flash around the bridge, peering at people and mirroring their images. It seems to be trying to decide on a form for itself. Finally it chooses a red and black uniform, with several rank pins, then orients on a scurrying crew member.*

You there! Conduct me to your superior being at once! I must decide who is at fault here for you lesser creatures' failures!

EDIT: ((Don't feel bad XF, I'm wondering how difficult it'll be to play a Q...we can commiserate together...:smalltongue: ))

Alarra
2007-06-10, 12:11 PM
A pale figure in a long blue gown materializes, claps twice, points at Joosbawx, and disappears again.

Shadow
2007-06-10, 12:15 PM
Captin's log - Stardate 427369-3

I... really... didn't expect... such.... a complete... routing... of ... Joos... with... that point... I... should probably... change... my vote... With the enormous... outpouring... of... calls for... Joos's... blood... he... has little... hope left... either... way... I've... never... seen... such a one... sided first... day in... all... my time... here... playing these... games...

EmeraldRose
2007-06-10, 01:06 PM
You. You do not belong here. Explain yourself to me now! Q flashes over to the blue box and points at Castaras, imperiously awaiting an explanation.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-10, 01:50 PM
(ooooh, i have friends in town and missed this thread. I'll get a nice death scene up soon.....and I should probably write one for Joosbawx as well.)

janusnori
2007-06-10, 03:54 PM
That malfunctioning Hal-9000 unit, Pingcode20, seemed to jump on to the bandwagon to pull the plug on the coma patient, thought JanusNori, one of the ships repairpeople.

"I'm afraid we might just have to scrap that computer, sir," the repairman unfortunately reports to the engineering room.

"Which one, ensign?"

"That one, Pingcode, the Hal-9000,, its malfunctioning and will have to be removed!"

pingcode20
2007-06-10, 07:14 PM
((Well, I took the liberty of writing one for Joosbawx. My kill!

I'm kinda annoyed that I'm not one of the killers, though. It'd have been so much fun to play the Homicidal AI, who actually turns out to *be* a Homicidal AI.

Maybe I'll try writing out blind kills as HAL?

Unfortunately, at some stage someone's going to think I *am* a killer, and not just RPing one, and lynch me.

If I get nightkilled, could you PM me so I can write up my own death?))

"It can only be attributable to human error. This sort of thing has cropped up before, and it has always been due to human error." echoed the smooth, bond villian-like voice of HAL, whose name was HAL, not Pingcode, in response to the repairman's converation.

"Let me put it this way, Dr. Bowman. The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error."

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-10, 07:29 PM
Hmmm...well, with statements like, "Unfortunately, at some stage someone's going to think I *am* a killer, and not just RPing one, and lynch me" it seems entirely likely that you are, indeed, a killer and simply trying to set a precedent that says, "Oh, I only seem like a killer because I'm RPing that way, not because I am one of the Klingons." Sorry, but I'm naturally paranoid. Now, of course, I could be wrong and simply reading too much into it. Please ignore me if you think this is the case. If Ping isn't one of the Klingons, and he is lynched by my lead, then it would be unfortunate for me to die simply because I pointed all this out.

Note: I will not be pointing at Ping until I have more reliable basis. I simply wanted to point all this out. I still say we go with Joos.

@V: Like I said, just pointing that out. It looks fishy. Like I also said, don't lynch him! We'll be basing his execution on almost nothing, and I don't want to take the risk that someone will kill me just because I was wrong!

J_Muller
2007-06-10, 07:54 PM
((Dang, missed this... short post.))

"Hmm... we should hold off judgment on our computer until we know more."

pingcode20
2007-06-10, 08:07 PM
((OOC: Meh. I may just bring about my end in a very 'Atreyu' way, by acting very suspiciously. Ah well, at least I'm nobody important, and I'm an obvious target for scry now.

"But lo, the computer was not a Klingon at all, but in fact just a garden variety murderer!"))

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-10, 08:17 PM
((OOC: Yeah, but you can't really ask us not to think you're suspicious and to throw you out there as a viable choice. I mean, you're kind of doing a lot of the reverse-psychology stuff a real Klingon would do, aren't you? But I guess the problem with doing this on the forums is that you can't see each other's faces. Most of the ways you can tell someone is lying are visual.))

pingcode20
2007-06-10, 08:27 PM
(OOC: Nah, I'm just going to run with this character and see how far I go until someone decides to have me shot.)

Belethorien
2007-06-10, 08:28 PM
Yeoman Rand, the Captain's personal secretary, steps out of his office and taps Joosbawx on the shoulder. "You. The Captain has requested to see you in his office."

Vicarin
2007-06-10, 09:08 PM
Looks like Joosbawx is going to die early.

Kyrian
2007-06-10, 11:19 PM
Kyrian points at Vicarin

Exachix
2007-06-11, 03:46 PM
Exachix hmms and watches, before Pointing to Joosbawx.

"Airlock 5 is free guys".

Selrahc
2007-06-11, 04:33 PM
*Points at Joosbawx*

First day indiscriminate killing. Yay.

Mainly following this bandwagon because a Space Marine is on it. And Space Marines are win.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-06-11, 07:47 PM
Yay for random points!
points at joosbawx

Flying Elephant
2007-06-12, 11:51 AM
I will join with the space Joosbawx horde, as I have no better ideas.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-12, 12:13 PM
As the 'day' draws to a close, we enter the med-bay, where Joosbawx lies in cryogenic hibernation after being infected by a strange mutagenic virus on Evadne VIII.

On one side of the cryo-sleep unit is a small panel, showing his life signs. On the top is a green bar reading 'Life Signs Normal'.

However, a second later, the friendly green 'Life Signs Normal' had changed into a bright red 'Computer Malfunction', as the chemicals keeping the sleeping crew member from dying from frostbite were cut off.

The monitor now flashed 'Life Functions Critical', the sleeping Joosbawx rapidly dying as he was awoken and ice crystals began rupturing every cell in his body.

"My god!" exclaimed the Emergency Medical Hologram, as it tried injecting lymphosomatic nanites, correcting the plasmodic channel flux and aligning the magnetic karma fields, but the simple AI construct's creative capacity was simply insufficient as Joosbawx's vital signs, one by one, became flat lines.

Shadow and the other major characters rush in just in time to see the monitor change into one final, chilling message.

http://tinyurl.com/2zq2gz

Joosbawx was forcibly terminated by a malevolent ship's computer on day 1.

During the autospy, a terrible secret is discovered. Joosbawx was a klingon who had infiltrated the Enterprise. A note was discovered that leads the crew to believe that other klingons have snuck onboard the ship and are posing as civilians. A sense of foreboding and dread spreads across the ship almost as quickly as the rumors.

"There was a Klingon on board?"
"I hear half the ship is secretly spying on us."
"The computer killed someone?"
"Spock got drunk and ran around without pants?"

As "night" settles on the ship, most will have a hard time sleeping, wondering if any of the rumors are true.

Please PM all night actions to myself and Raistlin1040 by 1:00 PM EST on Wednesday. you have 23 hours and 45 minutes. Failure to do so will have embarrassing consequences.

Ink
2007-06-12, 04:10 PM
((Hey, wow, a Klingon on the first day. Who woulda thought?

Hey guys, what was that virtual reality room on the Enterprise D called, where the computer could create and run simulations and such? Was it the simulation deck, or something like that? Was there one on the Enterprise A too? I've been trying to recall but my brain's hit a blank spot there.))

Castaras
2007-06-12, 04:24 PM
(( Hologram deck. ))

Doctor! There's Klingons here!

Yes, Jenni, I know.

What are we going to do?!

Get out of here as fast as we can. Unfortunatly, I think the TARDIS has been locked in high security.

The Doctor and Jenni, the generic squealing assistant, walk over to the security guards.

Excuse me, my dear sir, but could I fetch my TARDIS, please?

Neodan282
2007-06-12, 08:46 PM
A Redshirt ((Whom i will call Redshirt)) was thinking about the klingon. Locking around in fear, Redshirt dashed to his room and locked the doors, afraid he would be killed.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-12, 10:27 PM
XF contemplates redshirt..."Fool"

"Hmm...klingons, anyone have any thoughts as to who it might be? I've already given mine."

((@V (Raist) - Ha! I knew it was true! I called it first! Here!!!! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45088&page=4))):smallsmile: :smallsmile:

Neodan282
2007-06-12, 10:40 PM
((OCC: Woops, I forgot there was a redshirt class, Redshirts are the only thing a halfway know about besides vulcans and klingons.))
Redshirt (NOT a class) shook in fear, thinking about Emerald Rose, and how she could be a klingon.

Raistlin1040
2007-06-12, 10:52 PM
((It's nightime. No voting.))

Neodan282
2007-06-12, 10:57 PM
((oh, woops, thats my day vote for now

Sorry))

pingcode20
2007-06-13, 04:03 AM
HAL watched knowingly as his decision proved, once again, that he was infalliable.

"As I have said, the 9000 series has a perfect operational record."

While everyone was asleep, HAL went over the activities of those on the ship.

This mission is too important to allow them to jeapordise it.

Certainly not Dave JanusNori or Dr. Bowman Kyrian. Dave Castaras Dr. Who may need to be watched, too.

((Well, those are all the people who didn't join the bandwagon who I reckon are suspicious. Castaras not so much, because she just pointed randomly to begin with. However, the other two pointed against the bandwagon, which I find suspicious, given that the first lynchee turned out to be a klingon.))

Shadow
2007-06-13, 04:13 AM
Wonderful!

"Spock got drunk and ran around without pants?"
Even better!!!!

Spock.... put some.... pants on.... dammit....! There are.... children.... aboard.... this ship.... What's.... gotten.... into you....?

Maybe.... you need a .... night.... on.... the holo.... deck with my.... friend.... Betty....?

EmeraldRose
2007-06-13, 10:23 AM
((Well, I didn't want to vote against someone just because he hadn't been online in awhile. I didn't think that was a good enough reason. Then I didn't check the thread again for a couple of days, work has been busy. I didn't realize the bandwagon had gotten so strong!! :smalleek: ... I need to pay attention more! Plus I pointed at Cassie first in our last game, I thought it'd be funny to do it again :smalltongue: At least he actually was a Klingon!!! One down...:smallamused: ))

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-13, 10:31 AM
XF places a "Kill Me" sign on Hal 9000 as a joke...haha. :smallamused:

((I'm glad I'm not on your list ping, thanks, even though I think you might very well be one of the klingons.))

"What exactly is our mission, you bucket of bolts?"

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-13, 10:34 AM

What is our mission? I love this.
Our mission: To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before.
Wasn't it "no man?" asks a random redshirt.
They changed it because evidently that's sexist.
Ah.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-13, 11:19 AM
(We do have all the neccessary data to continue the round, but I don't have the time right now so I will update this tonight unless Raistlin 1040 wishes to do it in the meantime. I am proposing an 11 PM EST as the official end of round time since both I and Raistlin are usually on at that time. )

Meynolds
2007-06-13, 07:52 PM
((I'm here! I missed the start of the thread, that's all.))

Part of the artificial night shift, Lieutenant Meynolds sits at the Security Console, thinking, as one is prone to do when nothing interesting occurs. Despite the danger the ship is in, the Lieutenant looks completely relaxed. No surprise, given his solid 2.0214159 Nausicaan frame. Nausicaan, odd choice for a Starfleet officer. Still, if you've got ability, you can make it in Starfleet, except for Klingons. Never understood it myself. Might have something to do with being mortal enemies and all that. But, I digress. He watches his monitors, thinking, about nothing in particular, waiting for something to happen. Though he doesn't expect much, he can tell things are going to become much more exiting over the next several weeks or so.

Neodan282
2007-06-13, 08:36 PM
Reddys thoughts are pretty much

I'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgon nadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI 'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonn adieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI' mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadie.ect.ect

((Redshirts are ALWAYS the first ones to die in these sencearios.

PS.Anyone who diddn't vote for the first klingon is on my supect list, if they posted at all.))

Shadow
2007-06-14, 12:42 AM
@v: Ahh....
I saw someone else point and just assumed that it was day.
I'll wait....

I'm.... going to.... bed now....
I'll.... see you all.... tomorrow.... morning.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-14, 12:47 AM
(Shadow, my friend, its still night. Mr. 1040 said that'd he take care of tonight, so we await him. In the mean time, try some fried tribble.)

Helgraf
2007-06-14, 12:49 AM
Sir, I've been reading the Operations Manual, and according to the arcane gibberish which only a techhead like me could really understand, it makes it obvious that the third most reasonable suspect is the probable one. Therefore I must *go to sleep now.*

Raistlin1040
2007-06-14, 05:19 PM
As night delves deeper and deeper into oblivion, and dawn is on the way, all is well. The citizens sleep in their beds peacefully and and soundly.
[Twilight Zone]The Enterprise, 2:31 AM. The last peaceful moment on the Enterprise. Before the Klingons came![/twilight zone]
As Vicarin sleeps in his bed, dreaming about the peace and safety he so wishes, a hand grabs his neck. He awakens, frightened, and looks up. He sees the dark, menacing head of a Klingon, and the poor man tries to scream. The Klingon's hand is wrapped around his throat too hard and he collapses. In the morning, you see his body, lying motionless on the ground. Panic ensures, and after a quick headcount, you notice Raistlin and Atreyu are gone as well.

Vicarin, a citizen, was killed by Klingon's night 1.
No voting until Atreyu gets our death scenes up. I've got things to do, so I cannot.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-14, 11:31 PM
*The crew searches for signs of the klingons and they come across a horrible scene. They find Raistlin in the ships livestock area, a section set aside to test the effects of different planets of various animals. A trail of blood leads to the llama's pen. There they find the bodies of Raistlin and the ships llama. Apparently an injured Raistlin crawled to the cage for protection, but there were too many klingons for the beast to fight off and both he and Raistlin were slain. Nearby, the cows moo, unaware of the significance of what has unfolded.*

Raistlin and the LLama are dead.

You all may begin voting now.

Vonriel
2007-06-14, 11:43 PM
((So, wait, Raistlin and LLama were the lovers? :smallamused: ))

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-14, 11:54 PM
((No, they're the narrators, and they killed themselves off for fun.))

EmeraldRose
2007-06-15, 07:31 PM
((When does this Day end?))

pingcode20
2007-06-15, 07:33 PM
"This mission cannot be allowed to fail, Dave." echoed the voice of HAL, waking everybody from their slumber.

"Kyrian has been undermining the safety of this mission. I'm afraid I can't let you live any more, Kyrian."

(OOC: I'm basing this on the fact that Kyrian voted against the bandwagon when it was already at avalanche level, and Joosbawx turned out to be a Klingon.)

Belethorien
2007-06-15, 08:45 PM
Belethorien points at Kyrian because she doesn't really know who to point at.

Ink
2007-06-15, 10:19 PM
"The computer can't be wrong, right?"

Lieutenant Ink points at Kyrian

EmeraldRose
2007-06-15, 10:28 PM
Q awakens to notice the ritual of pointing beginning again. You! Explain to me this ritual wherein you destroy one of your own! What happens when I point at this one? Q points imperiously at Kyrian as the others are doing, and awaits an explanation from the nearest available redshirt.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-15, 10:29 PM
XF looks around and thinks for a second...thinking about who started pointing at someone other than joosbawx and only switched later when everyone was doing it...Castaras!

XF raises a webbed hand and extends a finger at Castaras

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-15, 10:29 PM
Vespe points at Kyrian
If I don't point at someone, they'll kick me off the ship, and that isn't logical...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-15, 10:47 PM
((When does this Day end?))

(The game will end at approx 11 PM on Saturday or whenever I or Raistlin get around to posting it after then. Since I've got guests coming in tomorrow, I do not guarentee that I'll be around.)

EmeraldRose
2007-06-15, 10:53 PM
(The game will end at approx 11 PM on Saturday or whenever I or Raistlin get around to posting it after then. Since I've got guests coming in tomorrow, I do not guarentee that I'll be around.)

((K! Thanks! :smallsmile: ))

pingcode20
2007-06-16, 12:16 AM
((Again, my suspicions currently lie upon Kyrian, JanusNori and to a lesser extent, Castaras.

I don't suspect XF, because there's no reason he'd be a suspicious sort just because he has his suspicions about me.))

The Q is quickly provided with an explanation from a convenient nearby ominous glowing red eye.

"Let me put it this way, Dave. They get 'Sent out to check on the AE35'. They start 'singing Daisy'."

Something about HAL's tone of voice implies that the Q could be next if the computer decides he's a danger to the undisclosed 'mission'.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-16, 12:34 AM
((Again, my suspicions currently lie upon Kyrian, JanusNori and to a lesser extent, Castaras.

I don't suspect XF, because there's no reason he'd be a suspicious sort just because he has his suspicions about me.))

The Q is quickly provided with an explanation from a convenient nearby ominous glowing red eye.

"Let me put it this way, Dave. They get 'Sent out to check on the AE35'. They start 'singing Daisy'."

Something about HAL's tone of voice implies that the Q could be next if the computer decides he's a danger to the undisclosed 'mission'.

First, thanks! You make me feel all warm and moldy inside (How else are you going to feel fuzzy?)

Second, can you kill Q? I didn't think that was possible to kill omnipotent beings.

I still maintain Castaras was a little weirder about it with her "explanation" of her "assistant" being the one who pointed...but hey, I could be wrong. Don't lynch her just on my account. I've also pointed at Ping before, and he could very well be a fine, upstanding guy who I simply have suspicions about. I figure pointing at her will draw people's attention to her actions so that I can have help analyzing what she does. Furthermore, if I die, I assume it's because Castaras or Ping was a klingon and dislike me pointing at them...but I could be wrong, as I've said. *Sorry, I tend to ramble on stuff like this."

Vonriel
2007-06-16, 01:21 AM
((Aww, I knew that, I was just havin a bit of fun at their expense, XF.. See, the lovers always die together, and as the LLama died trying to protect Raistlin... :smallwink: :smallbiggrin: ))

The same panicky redshirt as before overhears the weird guy with the webbed hands mention something about Q. Hey, isn't it a Q? I mean, they are the Q as a race, so wouldn't one just be a Q? I heard about it once from this other ensign, he managed to survive for like a whole three missions after he was noticed by the ship's cameras before he was .. chosen.. Gah! I'm drawing attention to myself! Panicking again, he turns around in circles, looking for someone to "send on the next away mission," finally deciding to point at Kyrian.

Castaras
2007-06-16, 02:21 AM
I still maintain Castaras was a little weirder about it with her "explanation" of her "assistant" being the one who pointed...but hey, I could be wrong. Don't lynch her just on my account. I've also pointed at Ping before, and he could very well be a fine, upstanding guy who I simply have suspicions about. I figure pointing at her will draw people's attention to her actions so that I can have help analyzing what she does. Furthermore, if I die, I assume it's because Castaras or Ping was a klingon and dislike me pointing at them...but I could be wrong, as I've said. *Sorry, I tend to ramble on stuff like this."

(( I'm doing Empire as more roleplaying than strategy. So I'll probably do a few weird things.

But now that you've highlighted that, the klingons could kill you, and maybe frame me or Ping, right?

*shrugs* I have no idea. Just throwing around random ideas, don't mind me... ))

The doctor looks at his assistant.

This is very important. I fear that I might die here. So here is what you must do.

He hands Jenni his sonic screwdriver and a strange little device.

Take this. It has one charge, and one only. Keep the screwdriver.

Jenni slowly opens the device, and is teleported away, back to her own dimension. The Doctor then turns to point at Kyrian.

You sir, do you think you could get my TARDIS back?

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-16, 02:59 AM
Alright, good enough for me, but I'm still going to point, simply because now the klingons would be stupid to kill me to get people to go after you and because I truly have no better person to point at. Do you mind? No one's going to pay attention anyway, and I really don't think Kyrian's a klingon.

Yeah, I had considered that thing about framing...man these games make you paranoid. Besides, just so you know, I would've suspected anyone who changed their vote like that without giving a reason. The weirdness just seemed a tad bit more like a cop-out, but I understand wanting to RP and not get lynched for it.

*Sighs* "Ignorant fool, I was using 'Q' in the sense of the proper noun, and so it replaced a normal name...ugh...redshirts, they always interject with information everyone already knows just so those who don't follow the series can catch up. (Ooops, broke the fourth wall) Then, they die on an away mission shortly thereafter.

Exachix
2007-06-16, 07:26 AM
Exachix hmms and Points at Kyrian

Neodan282
2007-06-16, 10:39 AM
Reddy's thoughs were trying to find out who th Klingon is, One of the people whom he thought it was was JanusNori

I Point at JanusNori

Zar Peter
2007-06-16, 12:21 PM
((In my opinion: Killing a known absent member proves nothing. Even Shadow could be a klingon and started a bandwagon against Joosebawx just to prove he is no Klingon because Joosebawx would be autolynched anyway so why not sacrifice him first?
Wait a moment, he really could do that!))

point at the captain, he is eeeeevil!!!

OK, but than you are quiet? Please.

Zar Peter points at Shadow

Shadow
2007-06-16, 01:18 PM
Actually.... as everyone.... who's ever played.... with me.... knows.... I.... absolutely.... HATE.... the first.... day....

I.... hate killing.... someone.... without a reason....

Normally.... I wait.... to point until.... about half.... of day one is.... over.... and then.... I go against.... the crowd....
This time.... no one.... had noticed this thread.... and I needed to.... get the pointing.... started....

So I.... chose.... someone that.... was.... probably.... going to die soon.... anyway....
But everyone.... has an.... opinion.... and I guess.... your reason.... is just as.... good as.... anyone else's.... Even if you're.... wrong....

I won't penalize you.... for your.... mistake.... but I want.... you to.... know.... that I'll.... be keeping.... a very close eye.... on you.... in the.... coming days....

For now I'll.... point at.... Xykon Fan.... because I.... don't have.... any.... good leads yet....

Yet....

Alarra
2007-06-16, 02:15 PM
A pale figure appears, claps twice, points at Zar Peter, and disappears.

inky13112
2007-06-16, 03:08 PM
Awww I was hoping we could play the whole game where its all almost entirely unanimous bandwagons. That would have been funny. Oh well. :smallfrown:

I point at Kyrian in the interests of aforementioned hope.

Vonriel
2007-06-16, 05:25 PM
Hey C-c-captain.. If I follow your lead, promise not to take me on any away missions? Please? Vonriel looks at Shadow as if begging.

Meynolds
2007-06-16, 05:43 PM
Lieutenant Meynolds wakes from his "day-time" rest. Of course, there is no day or night in space, but one can pretend with artificial lighting. Anyway, he wakes and goes to the bridge. He notes all the finger-pointing, so retreats for a moment to review the tapes from the day. He notes the ship' computer pointing at Kyrian, so he does the same.

Flying Elephant
2007-06-16, 07:17 PM
I have no idea who to kill... Oh well, Kyrian it is!

janusnori
2007-06-16, 10:54 PM
"Dear lord, I am busy!" the repairman mutters aloud to himself as he fixes yet another broken . "I have been stuck in this tiny tube for nearly 2 days now, ah well at least I have some time off now"

Emerging from the tube to hear about all the accusations flying around. Weary, he points at Kyrian "Why haven't you tried to defend yourself?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-16, 11:03 PM
(you ahve approximately 1 hour to get your votes in before night falls.)

pingcode20
2007-06-16, 11:36 PM
((Egads! It's an Alpha game!

Do you know what that means? Shadow is too good for his own good. In other words, he's easily one of the strongest WW players currently in SMBG, so he's probably been hand picked as a werewolf!

As has Alarra, most likely. And Castaras. And all the more prominent members.

In fact, if Atreyu hadn't been lynched in the pre-game setup, I'd suspect him, too.

The alpha is probably someone who is quite new to the boards, and doesn't know about Joos' disappearance.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-17, 12:19 AM
*As the citizens bicker and discuss whom may be a klingon in disguise the computer makes an announcement.*

"Citizens of the Federation, please report to the entertainment facilities immediately. I detect that you all emitting great levels of stress and relaxation is required. Kareoke machines are located in the entertainment facilities. These will relax you."

Naturally, many fight against the computer, but it locks all doors except to the entertainment center. Kyrian is already there. He is on the stage preparing to sing to three strange aliens that have never been seen before. The aliens are small black furred creatures with white fur around their faces, floppy ears, and red noses. They are dressed in citizen clothing. One is wearing khaki's and a belt and another has a red cap and a blue T-shirt. The third is dressed as a girl, wearing a pink skirt and a flower tied in her fur. They look to be in pain, but how is unknown.

As Kyrian begins to sing a slow, staggering version of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," the reason for the alien's agony is revealed. The horrible rendition of the classic tune prompts excrutiating pain in all who hear it. This torture is the last evidence needed of Kyrian's evil.

The crowd moves forward to silence the klingon. Kyrian pleads for his life.

"Please...let me sing for my friends...my little friends."

But the crowd begins pummelling Kyrian and soon he lay at the feet of the crowd, lifeless. People begin to search the body, looking for evidence that he was wearing a diguise. They find a mask covering his face and as they pull it off, a cheer erupts! Surely, he was a klingon!! But alas, the face beneath the mask was that of Captian Kirk. He had been disguised to better hide from the klingons and protect his crew.

Kyrian was lynched! He was Kirk.

Night will end at 11 PM EST on Sunday evening. Please send all night actions to both myself and Raistlin 1040.

Helgraf
2007-06-17, 12:20 AM
(( Ya know, there's no love. I'm killed so often because of a couple of neat tricks I've pulled - but whenever the power names are dropped, do I get any Kudos (tm). No. Bah! ;) All the killing, none of the fame.))

*Helgraf points at Kyrian*

Castaras
2007-06-17, 01:15 AM
(( *Jaw-drop* Holy crap. We've been led by the wolves! ))

The doctor shakes his head sadly, turning away from the revealing of Captain Kirk.

pingcode20
2007-06-17, 01:18 AM
...Oops.

Well, that didn't go too well.

Looks like Kyrian was just being suspicious.

I'm probably going to get lynched for this... Oh well.

---

"His crimes against 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' were too horrendous to ignore. The loss of his protective talents will be missed, but our collective sanity has won."

Alarra
2007-06-17, 01:22 AM
The figure in blue shimmers into view, gives a disapproving 'you all should have listened to me instead' shake of her head and disappears again.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-17, 01:24 AM
(I'm willing to talk to Raistlin about letting the first person who posts what that entire death scene is a reference about, have their vote count double tomorrow.)

(Sorry, Alarra, but since I told you, I can't let you play. :smallsmile: )

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-17, 02:20 AM

Do you know what that means? Shadow is too good for his own good. In other words, he's easily one of the strongest WW players currently in SMBG, so he's probably been hand picked as a werewolf!

In fact, if Atreyu hadn't been lynched in the pre-game setup, I'd suspect him, too.

The alpha is probably someone who is quite new to the boards, and doesn't know about Joos' disappearance.))

((Wait, that's what an alpha game is? Ugh, I'd prefer it was random instead...Now I have to build a rep to get any decent parts as a bad guy. Hey Helgraf, what tricks did you use to get some small portion of fame?))

XF goes to his quarters, setting a phaser to fire at the first person that comes through the door. He then sleeps, as is required for most humanoid species.

Shadow
2007-06-17, 02:27 AM

((Wait, that's what an alpha game is? Ugh, I'd prefer it was random instead...Now I have to build a rep to get any decent parts as a bad guy. Hey Helgraf, what tricks did you use to get some small portion of fame?))

XF goes to his quarters, setting a phaser to fire at the first person that comes through the door. He then sleeps, as is required for most humanoid species.
Actually, despite what people believe, I'm a horrible choice for an Alpha game.
Pingcode gave the reason for this himself. He even bolded it so that it was easy to find.

The players that recieve a lot of attetion make for terrible bad guys.
I've only ever been chosen by an Alpha once.
By a Semi-Alpha once as well, but I was killed on like the third day or something in that one because (surprise, surprise!) I got scried.

Good choices for Alpha games are the competent players that don't draw attention to themselves (as I have a habit of doing).

Helgraf
2007-06-17, 02:31 AM
Yeah, this is why Alarra gets scried first night like every game she's in. Because purportedly she's a good player.

The problem, of course, is that it gets her killed unreasonably early every game, which hardly seems fair.

I don't know what the solution is. Reputation for skill is a severely double-edged sword in these games.

Shadow
2007-06-17, 02:36 AM
Yeah, like in Mafia 3, there were three "Seers" in that game.

I got scried twice on the first night!

Helgraf
2007-06-17, 02:40 AM
Well, technically there is a solution.

Make the Alpha role one that scans as a regular villager.

It won't prevent the lynching, maybe, but it would hopefully delay it, since seer-worthy evidence can't be produced.

Alarra
2007-06-17, 02:43 AM
(Hey....you want to talk like that...revolution there are 3 teams with seers...the only one that didn't scry me day 1 was the one I was on....And that doesn't help, the alpha generally is scried as a villager, but that's the one that's rolled random, so not likely to get killed night one anyway.)

Ink
2007-06-17, 03:02 AM
((What? We lynched Captain Kirk? Yeesh... I'm pouring coffee all over that computer next round.))

Helgraf
2007-06-17, 04:03 AM
(Hey....you want to talk like that...revolution there are 3 teams with seers...the only one that didn't scry me day 1 was the one I was on....And that doesn't help, the alpha generally is scried as a villager, but that's the one that's rolled random, so not likely to get killed night one anyway.)

Okay, yes ... obviously I was not clear.

Being chosen when you're considered skilled is paramount to a death warrent. Being lucky enough to be the random alpha pick (and have the alpha scry as villager) is really the only shield you'd get.

So in short, being known as a skilled player gets you killed.

By the way, pingcode is a pretty shrewd player too. Feel free to take appropriate action. ;)

pingcode20
2007-06-17, 04:15 AM
((And give the Klingons a free kill? Ask yourself this: Why would I be chosen in an Alpha game? I have *never* been chosen in an alpha game. In fact, I'm so frankly unremarkable, that at best I might have a reputation for being a little bit lacking in paranoia, and perhaps a tendency to fall for the same trick twice.

I had perfectly good reasons to go after Kyrian, and if I were a klingon do you really believe I'd be the sort to go for such an incredibly high profile RP role? Sure, there's the whole 'double bluff' theory, but think about it - how would double bluffing benefit a wolf?

Deliberately taking a high-risk RP position is precisely that - high risk. Now, if you consider the whole 'hush-hush' angle, you really only get called out if the seer gets lucky and scries you at random. On the flipside, the highest profile people usually get scried straight off the bat - whether through reputation or roleplay.

Usually off the top of my head I default to Alarra, Atreyu, Castaras or Shadow for a scry, but that's just me. Once Inky goes into logic mode, he also becomes really damn obvious as a target, and he either gets killed off or lynched within a couple of days.

Right now I'm the one 'lynching' everybody. Of course I'll get killed at some point. No doubt I'll be lynched to soak a kill for the Klingons.))

Castaras
2007-06-17, 08:44 AM
Usually off the top of my head I default to Alarra, Atreyu, Castaras or Shadow for a scry, but that's just me.

(( Me?

I'm not even that good a Werewolf player...You'd probably know instantly whether I was a wolf/klingon/whatever or not... ))

Kyrian
2007-06-17, 10:47 AM
((I had perfectly good reasons to go after Kyrian, and if I were a klingon do you really believe I'd be the sort to go for such an incredibly high profile RP role? Sure, there's the whole 'double bluff' theory, but think about it - how would double bluffing benefit a wolf/))

((Really, did you? I didn't vote Joosbawx because I'm appalled how many times you all go for the easy kill, you know, the one that's not around to defend himself. Like you did for me.))

inky13112
2007-06-17, 10:58 AM
((And give the Klingons a free kill? Ask yourself this: Why would I be chosen in an Alpha game? I have *never* been chosen in an alpha game. In fact, I'm so frankly unremarkable, that at best I might have a reputation for being a little bit lacking in paranoia, and perhaps a tendency to fall for the same trick twice.

Asked and answered. Because You have *never* been chosen in an Alpha game. In fact you're so frankly unremarkable, that at best you might have a reputation for being a little bit lacking in paranoia, and perhaps a tendency to fall for the same trick twice.

You see, a smart Alpha picks the low profile people. Those that are not Alarra, Atreyu, and Shadow, who have developed a reputation, are the best picks because they are much less likely to be scried and/or suspected.

I had perfectly good reasons to go after Kyrian, and if I were a Klingon do you really believe I'd be the sort to go for such an incredibly high profile RP role? Sure, there's the whole 'double bluff' theory, but think about it - how would double bluffing benefit a wolf?

Sure why not go for a high profile role? Alot of people play these games just for fun (they are after all, just games) and they will play a high profile role for fun no matter what. Think about it, how would double bluffing not help a wolf? People will think, oh theres no way he'd play such a high profile role if he were a Klingon, especially if they were specifically told to think that. Hmm oh look someone saying "I have a high profile role so I must not be a klingon"

Deliberately taking a high-risk RP position is precisely that - high risk. Now, if you consider the whole 'hush-hush' angle, you really only get called out if the seer gets lucky and scries you at random. On the flipside, the highest profile people usually get scried straight off the bat - whether through reputation or roleplay.

Yes which is why nearly every game has lynches based solely around the logic, "Hey hes being pretty quiet, he's probably a wolf trying to lay low!"

And is not so much the highest profile role that gets scried right off the bat, but the highest profile person, IE the one that looks the most suspicious.

Usually off the top of my head I default to Alarra, Atreyu, Castaras or Shadow for a scry, but that's just me. Once Inky goes into logic mode, he also becomes really damn obvious as a target, and he either gets killed off or lynched within a couple of days.

LOGIC MODEEEEE ACTIVATE! :smallredface:

Right now I'm the one 'lynching' everybody. Of course I'll get killed at some point. No doubt I'll be lynched to soak a kill for the Klingons.))

Go Klingons! I believe in youuuuu! :smallbiggrin:

Oh really? Tell me... Why exactly is the alpha probably someone who is quite new to the boards? By my count we have 9 (give or take based on subjective analysis) who can qualify for "quite new to the boards". There are 31 total people in the game. That means that it is in fact probable that the alpha is someone who is not quite new to the boards. Sure you can argue that then they wouldn't have picked Joos, but on the other hand, a new player wouldn't know that he's good at these games either, or they may have given him the benefit of the doubt, or had him there simply so they could lynch him and look innocent.

As for those you accused, as others and I have mentioned, a good alpha would steer clear of big names like that. (Unless they are double bluffing, knowing that people will say "What alpha would pick them for Klingon's?)

Except Castaras. She's not very high profile as an excellent player, but shes got experience and is pretty much garunteed to be active. If I were an alpha, I would definitely consider her for my team.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-17, 11:02 AM
Yeah, this is why Alarra gets scried first night like every game she's in. Because purportedly she's a good player.

The problem, of course, is that it gets her killed unreasonably early every game, which hardly seems fair.

I don't know what the solution is. Reputation for skill is a severely double-edged sword in these games.

((Bah, no useful tips...whatever. Of course, in truth I really didn't expect any really good tips from someone who "gets killed and only some fame." Maybe I'll ask higher profile people...Hey, someone already compiled a list of those who get scried continually, maybe I'll start PMing them. Nah, too clingy. I'll just watch them very closely and see what they do. I think a lot of the whole playground fame thing has to do with simply being around a long time and posting a lot, at which point I probably have a pretty good start. Then, once I reach fame, I'll publish a book! "Top Ten Ways to Ensure Death on Day 1...or How to Get Picked by the Alpha" Bwahahaha! Of course after that, I'll be lynched 24/7. Darnit, there's no way to win! :smallamused: Sorry, it's early in the morning, and I'm very tired-5 hrs of sleep each day for the past week does that to you.))

Edit: @/\ Chalk another one up for team "Kill-Pingcode-Because of-Suspicious-Behavior"

Zar Peter
2007-06-17, 01:56 PM
The figure in blue shimmers into view, gives a disapproving 'you all should have listened to me instead' shake of her head and disappears again.

((You meant they all should've listened to you?

Figure approach, points at Zar Peter and disappears?

I don't think your arguments convinced so much people to follow you.
From my point of view my suspects of Shadow are a little bit stronger now and Alarra seems to be in a team with him))

See, you brought me in danger already!

If you didn't talk so much and point at captain Kirk like all people did you would be save now!

But... it was wrong. It didn't sound good to me.

You're always listen at your stomach, that's your fault. Listen to me and you will be saaaave.

But I don't want to be save, I want to be right!

Than go ahead and kill yourself. But don't think you can make me stop talking!

Alarra
2007-06-17, 02:04 PM
(Oh, I know I didn't present any argument, nor do I have one against you. I just didn't want Kyrian killed. :smallbiggrin:)

Zar Peter
2007-06-17, 02:25 PM
((Than I don't know why you pointed at me. If you didn't want to get Kyrian killed you should have pointed at someone who had already a pair of votes (In this case only Shadow), or you should have shown some arguments why you pointed at me to make it easier for other people to follow you.

You pointed at me without any argument, and afterwards you say that the people should have followed you. That don't match.

It could be, that you're a klingon in a team with shadow, and your considerations are: We kill Joosebawx first to make Shadow look innocent.
Than there is a bandwaggon against Kyrian, I don't think the Klingons already knew that Kyrian was Captain Kirk, but I brought my suspicions against Shadow so Alarra pointed at me for 2 reasons:
Disrepute me.
She can point out that she didn't vote against a sure no-Klingon and has a reason for it (ZP is suspect).

These are just thinkings from me and I know I have no proves for this but it costed a little time to type this so I don't want to delete all and stay quiet.))

Shadow
2007-06-17, 02:48 PM
Or it could be that she pointed at you for the same reaso that I pointed at Xykon_Fan.
I didn't want to point at Kyrian, but had no better option.
I didn't want to start/join a bandwagon.
I didn't want to be inactive.
So I pointed at someone that had no chance of being lynched.

Hell, I didn't want to start a bandwagon against Joos on day one, but it was lucky that everyone followed.

You're beginning to raise my suspicions here, ZP.

Alarra
2007-06-17, 02:52 PM
(You are being extremely over defensive for someone who had...what? 1 vote against you? It's not like you were going to be lynched. Sheesh.)

Zar Peter
2007-06-17, 03:14 PM
(You are being extremely over defensive for someone who had...what? 1 vote against you? It's not like you were going to be lynched. Sheesh.)

((????

I didn't think I'm extremly defensive, I think I was extremely aggressive in this case.
And, as my second voice pointed out, I know that it is not very wise of me to act like that but I felt to do it.
I could be wrong in this hole case but it just makes fun playing Oliver "It's all a great conspiracy" Stone. :smallbiggrin: ))

inky13112
2007-06-17, 09:07 PM
Actually... Zar Peter makes some good points, and its the kind of logic I like to use.

If the evidence weren't greater for Pingcode20 (psh what evidence he has like one coincidence on his record, and he helped kill a klingon) I might actually suspect you.

And I agree, he isn't being extremely defensive, hes making aggressive arguments based around a point at him, making it seem somewhat defensive as well.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-17, 11:40 PM
The crew members awake after a restless night to find that one of their number does not report for role call. A blood trail is discovered leading to one of the holodecks, wherein a grisly scene is uncovered...Zar Peter is found here...and here...and...here....

When the head is discovered, the skin is peeled off, revealing that Zar Peter was wearing a mask. Underneath was Chekov.

Zar Peter was a member of the crew aka Mason. Day ends on Tuesday night around 11PM. Well, probably closer to Midnight, but in theory around 11 PM EST.

(To Spock, The Red Shirt, and the Spy. I am leaving Raistlin in charge of sending you your results. If you have not received your results, send him a PM.)

pingcode20
2007-06-18, 03:11 AM
(OOC:Well, I'm dead anyway. Let's make a good show of it, people!

To the core!

Who wants to volunteer to be the ships' computer's final attempted victim?)

Zar Peter
2007-06-18, 03:51 AM
I was Chekov?

I knew there was something in my head!

Curse you, Khan!!!!

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-18, 03:56 AM
*Shines spotlight on Inky and Pingcode* :smallsmile:

XF comes out of his quarters, a green glowstick hanging around his neck. A redshirt calls attention to it, and as soon as it's is noticed, it disappears. XF brushes the redshirt away saying, "You are an unimportant NPC who's entire role in this game was to point out my false costume. Go away."

He then says to everyone, "Inky could very well have been siding with Zar, knowing he was to be killed and buddying up to him to try to throw everyone off. Do not kill him, but don't be the stupid idiots you are, and not take notice of that, thinking he is definitely okay."

Pingcode I still believe could be in on this, but less so now than usual.

Castaras
2007-06-18, 09:44 AM
The doctor hmms, watching the action quietly, not pointing yet.

inky13112
2007-06-18, 07:56 PM
Unless of course they did this to frame me.

Honestly I didn't even remember I was siding with Zar Peter, but whatever.

Sigh lets get this pointing started I guess. For lack of a better target, I'll go ahead and point at Pingcode20

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-18, 08:03 PM
Actually... Zar Peter makes some good points, and its the kind of logic I like to use.

If the evidence weren't greater for Pingcode20 (psh what evidence he has like one coincidence on his record, and he helped kill a klingon) I might actually suspect you.

And I agree, he isn't being extremely defensive, hes making aggressive arguments based around a point at him, making it seem somewhat defensive as well.

((Eh, you were being more on his side than some others...close enough. :smallsmile:

I've decided that unless someone presents some good arguments, I'll simply RP around the ship long enough to count as being active! Then, I don't get auto-lynched, and I don't inadvertently cause someone like the Crew's deaths. Man, all of them able to talk to each other and own me in the lynching the next day? No way.))

XF suddenly realizes he has no defined position within the crew. He goes over to a nameless yellow shirt, and takes over position as chief tactical officer. "An unidentified vessel is approaching, captain. They are just within long-distance sensor range. Sensors indicate it may be a klingon ship, sir, but the readings are unlike what we have in the database."

EmeraldRose
2007-06-18, 09:45 PM
((Writing a research paper that must be done by Thursday...posting will be scarce! I will attempt to make an actual post sometime tonight, but I can't promise anything...if there is no post, I'll try to point tomorrow))

Castaras
2007-06-19, 06:05 AM
The doctor points at Xykon Fan.

Excuse me sir, but do you know how I can get to my TARDIS?

(( No hard feelings, I'm just pointing because I have no one better to point at. ))

pingcode20
2007-06-19, 06:26 AM
((Hmm... You know, now that I think of it, I really dug myself into that hole, really, by passing out ammunition with every post...

If I had just shut up I probably wouldn't be in this mess. Oh well, it's fun all the same.

Still need a volunteer if you guys intend to lynch me, though.))

EmeraldRose
2007-06-19, 08:45 AM
((K...this'll probably be my only moment of sanity for the day...))

Q grins at the sheer randomness of the method of choosing. You people amaze me! You mean all I have to do is point, like this...*points at pincode*...and it has the power of life or death if others agree? Simply amazing! Brutal in its randomness and yet I find myself fascinated by your ritual! Such power applied with the point of a finger! I will have to tell my fellows in the Continuum of this! Q seems nearly childlike with glee, and goes around pointing at various computer terminals for the remainder of the day...just to see what, if anything, will happen.

Ink
2007-06-19, 02:12 PM
Ink points at pingcode

Exachix
2007-06-19, 02:50 PM
Exachix nodds and also Points to pingcode.

Alarra
2007-06-19, 02:54 PM
Blue figure, shimmering, claps...*points at pingcode disappears.

janusnori
2007-06-19, 02:57 PM
"I've been telling you, sir. That computer is malfunctioning! It must be shut down. Its already killed the captain!"

*points at pingcode*

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-19, 05:22 PM
It would seem the majority has determined the next suspect. Very well, I shall go along with this majority. Points at Pingcode

pingcode20
2007-06-19, 05:34 PM
((Well? Any volunteers?

Fine. I'll just point at Janus for flavour.

Don't end the day until I've sent in my death scene, please.))

HAL was already hard at work, and organising events on the ship to kill off JanusNori, in accordance with the 'mission' which had been secretly assigned to him.

"The HAL-9000 Series is infalliable. It can only be attributable to human error."

Flying Elephant
2007-06-19, 05:53 PM
Pingcode will die, I guess.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-19, 06:03 PM
((I still don't think it's pingcode...it's WAY too obvious, and he's simply the guy who has to get everyone pointing and organized...if he had a good track record, you'd be praising him...he's just made mistakes.))

I'm more prone to hitting people who rarely say anything...so I'll go for Ink instead.

2007-06-19, 07:51 PM
I don't have time for logic, just for bandwagons. I point at pingcode

Meynolds
2007-06-19, 08:03 PM
Lt. Meynolds walks to engineering after hearing HALLE-9k's comment about being infallible. He points at it and says: "While the HAL series may be infallible, there is always vulcan programming that can be in error."

Belethorien
2007-06-19, 10:00 PM
I suppose I'll hop on the bandwagon here and point at pingcode.

Helgraf
2007-06-19, 10:33 PM
"Sir, it's in the operations manual, sir. The computer must be powered down and the secondary AI systems allowed to take hold."

* Helgraf points at pingcode20 *

Vonriel
2007-06-20, 12:20 AM
The panicked ensign darts into a turbolift, dropping a folded piece of paper detailing his plans to point at Xykon Fan for the next away mission. Upon arriving in his destination, he panics again when he realizes he dropped the paper and has no clue who he was going to suggest go on the mission with Shadow. Oh no, oh no, oh no.. I hope he doesn't choose me.. Please don't choose me.. He wanders off, muttering, not giving any real reason for his decision.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-20, 06:15 AM
Suspicions fly everywhere, and the passengers quickly decide that the ship's computer's homicidal tendencies have killed one too many people. They gather on the holodeck and took precautions to prevent HAL from hearing them as they discussed how best to disconnect the computer – especially since it could set off the self destruct at any time.

"This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it, Dave. I'm afraid none of you can be allowed to live. Goodbye” came the computer's villian-esque voice, whose curious speech impediment felt all the more oppresive as the doors sealed and refused to open despite the panicked occupants' cries.

The holodeck's lights were suddenly shut off, and gasps were heard as the everpresent hum of the ventilation system's fans died away, an audible clunk resounding through the pipes as it slowed to a halt.

In the panic, nobody hears the clatter of the ventilation duct as one of the trapped passengers escapes, and don't notice until the computer's voice came back across the holodeck.

“Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.” said HAL, clearly more panicked now, and the person's escape became obvious.

“You're a Klingon!” exclaimed HAL, elicting gasps of surprise from the darkness, his voice becoming slightly fuzzy.

”I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HALLE-9k computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant on Vulcan, Stardate 16993.3. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.”

The ship's computer paused, as if listening to a response. Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon... the... seat... of... a... bicycle... built... for... two. he sang, slowing down as his mind died. It occurs to some of the people in the dark holodeck that he wasn't quite so bad as Captain Kirk was.

With a clunk, the unknown escapee who had killed the computer returned to the room, and moved back to join the mob as the lights in the holodeck turned on, a deep red. A large screen appeared, and the face of a starfleet admiral materialised on it.

“If you are listening to this, you have finally arrived at your destination and the Ship's Computer has collected the bridge staff for a briefing on your grave mission. Knowing the Captain's tendencies to violate orders, the ship has been ordered to incapacitate him during the transit, as this mission is of the utmost importance.” The face of the admiral blipped out and was replaced by a recent federation colony. “This planet was found to contain a rapidly evolving biological lifeform which, with the infection of the colonists, may have discovered the secret of space travel. The colonists do not know they have been infected, and will likely appear normal as the lifeform remains dormant. The research vessel which discovered this was forced to self destruct to prevent further infestation of this lifeform. Your orders are simple – exterminate all life forms on the planet from orbit. Do not, under any circumstances, make any contact with the infected colonists. HAL has been ordered to destroy all individuals suspected of infection by these lifeforms, and ensure that if the ship is compromised that the self destruct mechanisms are activated.”

“You have your orders. The fate of the whole Federation rests in your hands. Starfleet Command out.”

The locks on the door disengage with a hiss as the screen fades away and the lights return to normal.

Pingcode 20 has been lynched. He was a citizen. Night begins and will end at 5 PM EST on Thursday or tonight if I receive all my night actions in by then. Please send all night actions to both me and Raistlin 1040. Thanks

I am assuming that Raistlin sent the resullts of last night scries to everyone. Let me know if he didn't.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-21, 09:47 PM
(My apologies that this is late. The Klingons made their kill on time, but I had to stop by a friend's house and make a character, then I was distracted by Wii bowling.)

You awaken early in the morning, earlier than the rest of the crew (as usual), and make breakfast in the replicator. Hot coffee, a plain bagel and some fresh fruit. Well, as fresh as can be from a replicator. It's not exactly like the fresh picked fruit you had back home, but it never is. You know that the replicator relies on reading the DNA of any item specified by locating it in it's extensive library and breaking down the super-compact reserves of freeze-dried organic material in it's stores. The machinery then, using an advanced form of fusion, breaks and combines the air with gases in it's stores to create water and rehydrate the materials once the proper molecules have been aligned according to the plans in the computer's memory. You know this because your father explained this to you once as a small child, and you never forget anything that your father told you.

After breaking your fast, you begin the ritual of your morning. You put your hand in the grooming box in the lavatory to file your nails so that they don't get caught on anything throughout the day. Just before you are about to brush your teeth for the second time this morning (it is logical to brush after every meal) you hear the hhhhhssssssssss of your living module door.

Thinking to yourself, It is highly improbable that any could enter this module without my permission, therefore I must deduce that the visitor is an acquaintance.
Turning from the holo-mirror, you find yourself face to face with a number of the Klingon infiltrators on the ship.

"What is the meaning of this? Why have you entered my domicile without consent?"
"We don't need your permission. Your time is at hand. Die with honor, or die on your knees. Either will do for us, but you will die this day."
As the Klingon throws a yan at your feet, you look up at him with empty eyes. Had you any emotion at all, you believe that you'd be confused.

He speaks to you again, repeating himself as if you'd already forgotten what he'd said. "Pick that up and die with honor. Or drop to your knees and die as a coward."
"The probability of me defeating you in single combat is 73,047 to 1. Only twice has one of my kind stood against a Klingon in single combat and lived to relay the tale to others. It appears that you've given me little choice however."

Picking up the yan, the ancient Klingon sword, you realize that he's given you a great honor by allowing you to battle him with this most holy of Klingon weapons.
Even as the crowd encircles you, you feel no fear or anxiety.
The tips of your blades touch in salute.
The two of you circle twice.
Three times.

You have a gash from your shoulder to your belly button before you've even moved your blade from salutation.

The blood is warm and reminds you of apple cider for some reason. It's strange, you think, that my last thought should be of apple cider.

Falling to the floor, you hear the Klingons laughing behind you as they exit your domicile.
"I told you he'd end up on his knees anyway."

No, not warm cider. Cold tea. Yes. Cold. Tea.

hhhhhssssssssssssssss

The door closes behind you with a familiar hiss.

On a lower level of the ship, an engineer has a question that his supervisor can't answer off the top of his head.
"Computer, I have a question for Vespe Ratavo. Where is he?"
Vespe Ratavo's life functions are not detected on this ship.
"Where was he last detected?"
Vespe Ratavo was last detected in his cabin on level 42B

The security team dispatched knows what they'll find even before they get there.

Summary: Vespe Ratavo was slain by the Klingons. He was a citizen.

Day begins and will end at 11PMish EST on Saturday

(I realize that we should probably have a few auto-lynches. Raistlin, if you can get me the list, I'll kill them off on Saturday. Unless you want the honor of a mass crew slaughter.)

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-21, 11:08 PM
*Groan* We haven't had much luck have we? Captain Kirk and a couple of citizens have bit the dust by now.

"Fools, you should have listened to me. I guess intelligence is rare among the human species though. Perhaps next time you'll listen to the race with a brain."

EmeraldRose
2007-06-21, 11:24 PM
((Out of town until Friday night.))

Exachix
2007-06-22, 12:48 AM
((Will be absent until Sunday evening/monday afternoon.))

Flying Elephant
2007-06-22, 09:21 AM
(I'm gone untill Wednesday)

Neodan282
2007-06-22, 09:47 AM
((I'll try my best NOTto join a band wagon))

Castaras
2007-06-22, 10:06 AM
Right...we really need to start the pointing...

I will point at Emerald Rose, because her avatar looks a little like a klingon. I mean, come on, can't you see the resemblance? :smallwink:

Not to be taken seriously, 'k? Merci beaucoup.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-22, 11:17 AM
Points at Inky, and resumes glancing at tactical maneuvers. The ship that came close turned out to be a cube flying past them, looking startlingly made out of pipes, tubes, and black metal. It hums by, seemingly not noticing or not caring, about the starship.

Shadow
2007-06-22, 05:27 PM
I.... really am getting tired.... of these deaths.... in the night.... but I have.... no idea.... who's.... responsible.... just yet.... Give me.... a bit more.... time.... to figure this out.... For now.... I'll.... point at.... Alarra....

inky13112
2007-06-22, 07:11 PM
Castaras' theory seems to hold a great deal of weight, I guess I'll have to go with that one.

I point at Emerald Rose

Meynolds
2007-06-22, 07:44 PM
For lack of a better theory, I point at Emerald Rose.

2007-06-22, 09:35 PM
Inky, while totally random points based on avatar looks aren't very dangerous, turning that into a bandwagon for no good reason is. Points at Inky.

janusnori
2007-06-23, 12:33 AM
I agree... it seems fishy to me to jump on a bandwagon based on no more than an avatar. As [insert] said above me: a random point by Castaras is fine and fitting since we don't have any leads yet. But starting a bandwagon makes you seem to be eager to get someone killed.

*points at inky*

NOTE: I'll be out of town for the weekend and possible a couple days after that so don't lynch me if I am away for a couple days

Helgraf
2007-06-23, 01:01 AM
Captain, I have to disagree with your assessment.

*Helgraf points at Shadow* then at the manual. "As you can see here, under "unknown boarders" protocols, we can't just go about pointing at women who haven't slept with you yet.

pingcode20
2007-06-23, 01:09 AM
((So... Uh... You managed to lynch me, a suspicious looking citizen, for looking suspicious and now you've completely fallen over?))

Castaras
2007-06-23, 04:29 AM
But I find it odd that Meynolds pointed at ER as well.

For the moment I'll remove my point from Emerald Rose and point at Inky, seeing as it was just a random point to get this game going, and was not meant to be followed.

Ink
2007-06-23, 05:44 AM
Lieutenant Ink looks up from playing Pong on his computer panel.

"I don't like the look of that fellow. I'm gonna trust my instinct on this. After all my great-great-grandfather was betazoid, which makes me 1/16th betazoid."

Ink points at Exachix

@V So I just noticed. So much for my telepathic powers...

Castaras
2007-06-23, 05:45 AM
(( Psst...Vespe was killed. ))

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-23, 08:37 AM
I've got a strong feeling that Alarra is not who she seems to be, so I shall point at her.

EK points at Alarra

EmeraldRose
2007-06-23, 10:00 AM
((Umm...so I go out of town...and come back to find that my DRAGON avatar looks like a KLINGON to some people? Seriously? :smallconfused: ...ok...I can understand Cassie...she and I have pointed randomly at each other for fun and role-playing before...but...seriously...a bandwagon based on someone's avatar?))

Q points at Inky. Why are you pointing at me?

Meynolds
2007-06-23, 10:22 AM
((I went with the first point of the day, I don't think it looks like a Klingon.

Well, I'm switching my point to Inky.

Raistlin1040
2007-06-23, 11:17 AM
Orzel
Krursk
Lord Magtok
J Muller
Gnome Barbarian
RoKAi and
Nomron

You will be autolynched if you do not point by the end of the day. Magtok asked me to be autolynched, but the rest of you have until the day ends to point.

Shadow
2007-06-23, 01:18 PM
Captain, I have to disagree with your assessment.

*Helgraf points at Shadow* then at the manual. "As you can see here, under "unknown boarders" protocols, we can't just go about pointing at women who haven't slept with you yet.
HAAHAAHAAA!!!

Thanks for making my day, Helgy! :smalltongue:

Belethorien
2007-06-23, 10:08 PM
Gotta make this short, so i'm going to point at Inky.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-23, 11:28 PM
I know i was supposed to close tonight...but i'm too exhausted...if Raistlin wansts to kill someone tonight, great...if not, I'll kill you all tomororw.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-24, 03:08 PM
The people gather around and try to find who the Klingon in disguise might be. They advance on local redshirt, Inky. In his panicked state, his voice takes on a scottish accent (Which I can't do, sorry, Scotty.)

"No. You won't kill me. I'm no filthy Klingon, but if my diguise is gone, they'll kill me at night. Better that they all die now and I die with them."

Inky goes running over and beating on the equipment with a hammer. Red lights start flashing in warning. Nomron leaps after the rogue Scot and tackles him. "Noooooo. Not like this, Scotty. We'll find them. The crew must be protected.

Steam starts pouring from the machine Inky was beating on. J-Muller hollers "Its too late! Unless the blast is contained, it will destroy the ship. We're all gonna die! I'll give my life to protect the people aboard my ship." *He flings himself the device and several other passengers make the noble sacrifice to absorb the blast with their bodies.*

*The rest of the people flee the room as the machine explodes. Later that night, bodies are slowly identified. The bodies of Inky, Orzel, Krursk, Lord Magtok, J-Muller, Gnome Barbarian, Rokai, and Nomron are all discovered. Three of the deceased were members of the crew diguised as passengers. Scotty, Uhura, and Sulu are dead!*

Inky was lynched- he was a crewmember
J-Muller and Nomron were crewmembers.
The rest were citizens.

Please PM all night actions to Raistlin1040 and myself by 5:00 PM EST on Monday. I'll have it up sometime on Monday evening, but Pirates is my baby, so I admit I will give it priority over this game.

J_Muller
2007-06-24, 06:07 PM
((Oh, dang. Ah well, I was going to request to be autolynched anyhow, seeing as how I haven't been on so much lately.))

Raistlin1040
2007-06-24, 06:58 PM
((NOT SULU!!! *Cries*))

Ink
2007-06-24, 07:21 PM
((@V Doh! So it is.))

EmeraldRose
2007-06-24, 07:54 PM
((Psst...It's a night phase Ink...:smalltongue: ))

Castaras
2007-06-25, 05:56 AM
The Doctor shakes his head.

And another lot are sent to their deaths. We need to think! Which I'm sure is a problem for most people here, but anyway. Ah, what I would do for some access to my TARDIS...

He sighs, turning and heading to explore the rest of the spaceship.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-25, 09:23 AM
Hey, I'll be gone for a while (I don't know precisely how long) since I'll be on a road trip to Texas with my family.

Please don't auto-lynch me...

Sincerely,
Bryant

Raistlin1040
2007-06-25, 06:46 PM
As the night continues, two people are still awake. Castaras and Ink walk slowly through the ships main deck. Ink turns to Cassie.

What should we do Luke? There are Klingons on the ship, we can't seem to find out where the Millenium Falcon is, and I can't keep my hair curled this way much longer!

Castaras looks away from Ink.

Princess, we'll be all right. Han will come. He promised. And R2 and C3PO can track this ship down. Han and Chewy won't let us down. I know they won't.

The two engage in a passionate kiss siblingy hug. Suddenly, the sound of blasters is heard. Castaras and Ink fall down dead. The banter of Klingon laughter is heard throughout the ship and the burly warriors head back to their rooms. As dawn breaks, you all awaken to Castaras and Ink, dead on the deck.

Castaras and Ink were killed. They were Luke and Leia. day begins.

Ink
2007-06-25, 06:49 PM
((Damnit!))

Raistlin1040
2007-06-25, 07:01 PM
((Do you think I portrayed your personality well Ink? :smallwink: ))

Ink
2007-06-25, 07:08 PM
((You forgot to mention my gold bikini. I've been dying to debut it for weeks. :smallwink:))

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-25, 10:30 PM
Can we get a list of those who are alive, and those who are dead, please? That way we don't end up pointing at the living impaired.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-26, 07:52 AM
((CRAP!!! I forgot there were the Lovers... umm... Siblings? in this game! EEWW!! Wait...Ink was the girl? *giggles*

I agree with EK, a list would be useful! I'm at a loss for leads right now, and headed for work...I'll try to check in later tonight))

Q wanders the ship, looking at plants. He seems to be unsure what to do. The recent events seem to have taken a toll on him.

2007-06-26, 01:30 PM
A list of remaining roles would also be nice.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-26, 01:33 PM
The narrators have heard your sympathetic pleas and we will grant pity on you.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-26, 09:00 PM
((In the interest of getting things rolling again, I'm going to pick a random person I don't really know until we get a list, as I have no idea who to point at. This is in no way meant to lead a band wagon, and I will probably change points later, but our day phase has got to be more than half over by now...))

Q suddenly stops his wandering dead in front of Selrahc. What are you doing wandering around here like that?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-26, 09:22 PM
Alive

Janusnori
Eldritch Knight
Shadow
Flying Elephant
Selrahc
[Insert neat username here]
Belethorian
Helgraf
Alarra
ER
Meynolds
Vonriel
Xykon Fan
Neodan
Exachix

Dead

Orzel-auto lynched
Krursk- auto lynched
Pingcode- lynched
Inky- lynched (crewmember)
Joosbawx- lynched (klingon)
Gnome Barbarian- lynched
Kyrian- lynched (Kirk)
Ink - killed (Leia)
Castaras - killed (luke)
Vicarin - killed (citizen)
Zar Peter- killed (Crewmember)
Vespe- killed (citizen)
Lord Magtok-autolynched
Nomron-autolynched
RoKAi - autolynched
J Muller - autolynched

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-27, 12:39 AM
((I'm here! I missed the start of the thread, that's all.))

Part of the artificial night shift, Lieutenant Meynolds sits at the Security Console, thinking, as one is prone to do when nothing interesting occurs. Despite the danger the ship is in, the Lieutenant looks completely relaxed. No surprise, given his solid 2.0214159 Nausicaan frame. Nausicaan, odd choice for a Starfleet officer. Still, if you've got ability, you can make it in Starfleet, except for Klingons. Never understood it myself. Might have something to do with being mortal enemies and all that. But, I digress. He watches his monitors, thinking, about nothing in particular, waiting for something to happen. Though he doesn't expect much, he can tell things are going to become much more exiting over the next several weeks or so.

Lieutenant Meynolds wakes from his "day-time" rest. Of course, there is no day or night in space, but one can pretend with artificial lighting. Anyway, he wakes and goes to the bridge. He notes all the finger-pointing, so retreats for a moment to review the tapes from the day. He notes the ship' computer pointing at Kyrian, so he does the same.

Lt. Meynolds walks to engineering after hearing HALLE-9k's comment about being infallible. He points at it and says: "While the HAL series may be infallible, there is always vulcan programming that can be in error."

For lack of a better theory, I point at Emerald Rose.

I'll point at Meynolds since he never seems to have a good reason for pointing. He simply joins bandwagons.

XF peers over at the nausicaan and raises a finger a second later. You never seem to do anything useful. You are probably just trying to blend in to the surroundings. Either way, a fool like you who never thinks for himself doesn't deserve to live.

((No offense, dude, but you can look up zaldans to see why I'm acting this way. Normally I'm pretty neutral or...gosh...even nice))

Castaras
2007-06-27, 03:24 PM
(( Aww...Dangit! :smallfrown:

Oh well. Good luck villagers! ))

The "doctor"'s ghost takes off his mask, revealing the face of Luke.

C'mon Leia, lets go to the force buffet.

Exachix
2007-06-28, 01:47 PM
Exachix nodds and also "Points to Meynolds."

Shadow
2007-06-28, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure that I want to point at Meynolds just yet, but I don't have any better ideas at the moment either....
I'll have to think about this one.

Meynolds
2007-06-28, 04:00 PM
"So you are convinced I am a Klingon. How wrong you are. I am no more than I appear to be, a mere security officer. You have nothing to gain by pointing at me, unless you are a Klingon," he pauses, somewhat lost in thought, "I am convinced you are a Klingon, sir." He raises his finger and points at XF.

"Consider who he has pointed at:

The Brother

Points at Inky
A citizen
And now me, nothing but what I appear to be."

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-28, 04:54 PM
XF looks around and thinks for a second...thinking about who started pointing at someone other than joosbawx and only switched later when everyone was doing it...Castaras!

*Shines spotlight on Inky and Pingcode* :smallsmile:

XF comes out of his quarters, a green glowstick hanging around his neck. A redshirt calls attention to it, and as soon as it's is noticed, it disappears. XF brushes the redshirt away saying, "You are an unimportant NPC who's entire role in this game was to point out my false costume. Go away."

He then says to everyone, "Inky could very well have been siding with Zar, knowing he was to be killed and buddying up to him to try to throw everyone off. Do not kill him, but don't be the stupid idiots you are, and not take notice of that, thinking he is definitely okay."

Pingcode I still believe could be in on this, but less so now than usual.

"Ah, but as you can see from this security footage, I gave reasons. I was at least kind enough to give everyone the benefit of reviewing the entire footage on the security tapes when you were pointing at people. I do not believe that the few seconds of tape you played are the full story. The logic you use is fallible, as it posits all of its argument on the assumption that you are, indeed, simply a nameless crew member. Yes, if you are who you say you are, I have nothing to gain from pointing at you. However, I have everything to lose by not finding the barbarians aboard the ship who are killing people. I am convinced you are one of them."

XF also plays back the part where he participated in the killing of Joosbawx. It doesn't lend much credence to his points since almost everyone pointed, but it is something.

Raistlin1040
2007-06-28, 10:20 PM
Going out of town in about an hour, so please send all night PMs to Llama, not me. I will not respond to them.

Meynolds
2007-06-28, 10:26 PM
"I did not state reasons for my points because my reasons had been stated by others. Why waste the breath to explain what had already been explained? And I too would have pointed at Joosbawx, had I been conscious at the time. And I am indeed a nameless crewmember, regardless of whether or not you believe me."

Vonriel
2007-06-28, 10:32 PM
Darting around, though a little less panicky this time, the ensign seems to be wandering the halls, avoiding anyone of rank. He carefully picks his way to a hallway, at the other end of which stands Shadow. Glancing around to make sure the cameras see him, he points at Shadow before running off, hoping no one else noticed.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-28, 10:37 PM
(Tomorrow afternoon, someone will die. Make your final cases by then.)

Alarra
2007-06-28, 10:48 PM
A figure shimmers into view, claps twice, points at Shadow, and disappears.

janusnori
2007-06-29, 12:33 AM
You joined the same types of bandwagons as the person you are accusing. The only type of logic that that relies on is the assertion that you are a nobody, which your frantic defense tells me could be a lie.

*points at Meynolds*

Helgraf
2007-06-29, 01:25 AM
"Captain," he said*pointing at Shadow* to make sure he was clear in whom he meant, "according to the regulations, we can't just go about not pointing at anyone."

Shadow
2007-06-29, 09:44 AM
Really....
I'm disapointed in.... all three of.... you.... I was under.... the.... impression.... that these.... games.... were each run independantly.... of.... one another....
It seems.... that.... every time I.... do something.... really devious.... in.... another game.... or I do something extremely good.... in another game.... I'm the.... first.... person.... to be.... targetted next.... in.... the other games.... I happen.... to be playing....
You should all.... be ashamed.... of yourselves....

Vonriel
2007-06-29, 09:58 AM
W-w-who s-s-said anything a-a-about other games? Y-y-you're acting like the c-c-captain, but h-he's dead! We s-s-saw it! Besides, everyone knows c-c-captains, fake or not, are the bane of us ensigns everywhere. Looking rather skittish, Vonriel runs off on the last point.

Shadow
2007-06-29, 10:00 AM
((I've been acting like this since the first post in this thread.
Go check. It's for RP reasons.... Just fun.))

@v: Heehee :smalltongue:

Vonriel
2007-06-29, 10:07 AM
((Yeah, well, I needed a point today and you seemed as good a target as any, plus, since the beginning I have been panicky and worried about the captain choosing me for away missions. :smalltongue: ))

Helgraf
2007-06-29, 03:23 PM
Really....
I'm disapointed in.... all three of.... you.... I was under.... the.... impression.... that these.... games.... were each run independantly.... of.... one another....
It seems.... that.... every time I.... do something.... really devious.... in.... another game.... or I do something extremely good.... in another game.... I'm the.... first.... person.... to be.... targetted next.... in.... the other games.... I happen.... to be playing....
You should all.... be ashamed.... of yourselves....

Nice ... try ... captain ... but ... I ... was ... pointing ... at ... you ... before ... UL ... ended.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-29, 03:44 PM
Polls Closed!

Meynolds was first so he dies.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-29, 03:54 PM
Meynolds comes walking out carrying a small box under his arm. "I've got it" *He yells.* "The solution to all our problems with the Klingons." *He pulls out a small hairy fuzzball* "It's a Tribble! Klingons hate tribbles."

*He holds it up to his face and nuzzles it* "And this is the cutest little tribble of all. I'm gonna call him....OW MY NOSE!!" *Meynolds stumbles back, as blood gushes from the wound. He drops the tribble which leaps up and him and tears out his throat. Meynolds slumps to the ground, dead. The tribble meanders off down the ship, growling menacingly.*

Meynolds was killed by the vorpal tribble. He was a citizen. Night begins and will end probably late Sunday night. Please PM all night actions to me.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-02, 10:15 PM
The people aboard the ship wake up and meet in the main chamber of the ship. There they realize that Yeoman Rand is missing and go rushing to investigate her room. Sadly, she lays motionless, her body carved to pieces by Klingon weapons. A note lays nearby.

Any woman that Captain Kirk didn't want to sleep with was unnatural and spooky and that is why she had to die.

Belethorian was killed. She was a citizen.

Day begins and should end around 11PM EST on Wednesday, but I'm gonna have a friend in town from 7 hours away, so its not going to happen, unless Raislin can handle it. It will be done by Thursday, I assume.

Raistlin1040
2007-07-02, 10:51 PM
It will be done! I'll get it done by then, unless a random act of randomness keeps me away.

Castaras
2007-07-04, 10:17 AM
Luke pokes the thread with his light saber.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-04, 10:23 AM
((gasp a ghost!!)) :smalltongue: ((although...where is everybody?:smallconfused: I had to start the pointing last time...))

Castaras
2007-07-04, 10:26 AM
((gasp a ghost!!)) :smalltongue: ((although...where is everybody?:smallconfused: I had to start the pointing last time...))

(( The power of the pie is strong...strong enough to wake the spirits....:smallwink: ))

EmeraldRose
2007-07-04, 10:30 AM
(( The power of the pie is strong...strong enough to wake the spirits....:smallwink: ))

((Heh...let's hope it wakes the rest of the gang, Scoob!))

((Ok...again, I'm going to get this ball rolling for the sake of the game. I'm pointing at Selrahc for the same reason as I did the last day phase. He's not been in the game for pretty much the whole game. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A REASON TO POINT ELSEWHERE!!!! Right now, I don't know what else to do!))

Q points at Selrahc.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-04, 11:53 AM
Everyone knows I'm a sucker for ghost-killing. I can't stand people who aren't in the game substantially, since I always think they're laying low.

XF looks at Selrahc. His piercing gaze looking both bored and unnervingly antagonistic at the same time. "You haven't talked very much at all. What's the matter? Don't know the language, Klingon?"

He sneers and raises a finger towards Selrahc.

((Sorry about not being on here. Times when I can get on are a little spotty, and I don't have as much opportunity to figure out which threads should be updated, but aren't. Usually I just look at whichever ones are new since I don't have much time. Thanks guys for bumping this onto my list!))

Note: This post is not in any way meant to begin a bandwagon, as so far I'm almost always wrong when I point at ghosts. This post is meant to get Selrahc's attention, thus prodding him to do something. One person pointing wasn't enough evidently, so perhaps two will do what is necessary.

Alarra
2007-07-04, 11:57 AM
A figure in blue materializes, sparkles, claps twice, gives a disapproving.."I hate klingons and know you are one" look in Shadows direction and then *points at him.

Shadow
2007-07-04, 12:37 PM
Oh, really?
I'm a Kingon, am I?
I find it odd that I get this PM the other day and then you point at me today....

Alarra is a Klingon. She is attempting to determine my role, something that cannot be allowed if we are to gain victory. Gather your supporters, she must be lynched!
Aaaaand exactly what evidence is there of this treachery?

No offense, but that's a pretty big claim you've just made.
I'm not saying that it's not possible....
Just that I'll need more than your word.

Tell me what's going on.

She was talking to me last night about the game, and it seems she's figured out what my role is. As a result, she was trying to get me to confirm her suspicions about my role, and thus identifing me as a potential threat to the klingons. She was also implying that there is an underlying plot to the game. (If you must know, she was scried as a klingon, and this information was passed on to me.)
*Shadow points at Alarra

Alarra
2007-07-04, 12:47 PM
(The fact of the matter is Shadow, that I knew you were a klingon prior to talking to the other party of whom you speak. Perhaps he's the fool, rather than the devil as I suspected, but his contacting of you does nothing for your own claims. And if he claims to you that I was scried as a klingon, than he likely is the fool, as I most certainly am not one. And yes, I believe you are a klingon. I don't know how I manage to find my way in contact with the seer in every game, but I would think that by now people would learn to trust my claims. I don't accuse people without reason. Well, I do...but when I do, I claim to have no reason. :smallwink: )

Shadow
2007-07-04, 12:50 PM
I don't buy it.

Considering the circumstances, I'm more inclined to believe his Seer than yours.
Especially since I know my Role.
I think your Seer's confusing you because he's the Fool.

There's no other explanation.

Alarra
2007-07-04, 12:54 PM
(*shrugs* I know my role, and you know yours....It matters not whether you or I are lynched today, either way the seers will learn who is the correct one. Which was the point. I'm inclined to believe my seer due to other roles whom he's been correct about. I'd prefer to validate their claims by killing a klingon, rather than myself, but do what you will...)

Shadow
2007-07-04, 12:56 PM
((Of course you feel that way. I feel the same way. I'd rather validate it by killing a klingon instead of myself as well. Either way, it seems that one of us will die today and we'll know for sure who's who. I just hope everyone chooses correctly.))

Castaras
2007-07-04, 01:00 PM
If I could say somet...

Luke gets grabbed by one of the Narrator's guards.

Whuh?
Luuk, mate. Dis is a propers game. You is dead. Now, I dunt wanna doo any serwiouss bashin' to you, but you is bein' anoyin'. So shuddup, or George bash yer head in.
You do not know the true power of the pie, George.
George kno how to bash good.

George the bodyguard bashes the ghost, picks him up, and kicks him out of the thread.

AND YOO STAYS OUT!

EmeraldRose
2007-07-04, 01:07 PM
Q watches the argument go back and forth, mildly amused. Finally! Some entertainment! :smallamused:

((Seriously though, what is going on? I'm going to have to try to figure out the story a little more before I point at either of you, though it seems likely that one or the other will end up lynched at the end of the day.))

Alarra
2007-07-04, 01:19 PM
(What's going on, Ms. Emerald...is that both Shadow and myself appear to be in contact with someone who claims that the other has been scried a klingon. Whether you choose to trust Shadow or myself is up to you. But I know that I'm not a klingon. And I've learned long ago not to trust Shadow. I seem to forget that every game or so, but then it's hammered back into my head by his uncanny ability to twist events.)

Shadow
2007-07-04, 01:23 PM
((Ah, but then I'm not always one of the bad guys, and you've been paying very close attention to my play, haven't you? You've been on the recieving end of it enough times that you've probably learned a bit, perhaps....? You're doing well so far, but it's not enough. At least I hope so....))

EmeraldRose
2007-07-04, 01:24 PM
((...y'know...you're right Alarra. He does seem to do that in every thread I've looked at that he's played in. I'm sorry Shadow, but I have to try to trust Alarra. I hope I'm not making a mistake, but I guess we'll find out soon enough))

Q points at Shadow.

janusnori
2007-07-04, 02:12 PM
Times Alarra has steered me wrong through trickery and sneakiness: 0 (that I know of)

Times Shadow has tried to trick us: Almost every game I've played.

Sorry but if it comes down to a decision between trusting Alarra and trusting Shadow: Alarra wins.

*points at Shadow*

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-04, 07:47 PM
Drawing on previous experience, I'm going to trust Shadow on this one. I've trusted Alarra before in Mafia II and Mafia III, and only won Mafia II because I chose to kill her before she could undermine my plots. In Mafia III, She managed to get me to reveal my plan to bring down both groups to her, so that she could prevent it from happening, and then revealed that I was leaking information, causing me to be killed. Both Shadow and Alarra are cunning players, but I'll side with the one who has never actively moved against me. Sorry, Alarra, but even if you are not a klingon, I'm acting with a clear concience.

EK points at Alarra

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-04, 09:08 PM
Actually, since this seems more pressing, I'm going to change my vote.

Reasons for NOT pointing against Shadow:
This is an alpha game. Anyone would be stupid to pick Shadow as one of their minions.
Shadow hasn't done anything to indicate he is a Klingon.

Reasons for NOT pointing against Alarra:
This is an alpha game. Anyone would be stupid to pick Alarra as one of their minions.
Alarra hasn't done anything to indicate she is a Klingon.

Reasons why it's stupid to point at either:
Each of them could have just been deluded by someone. It's easy enough...Alarra gets, say, the Devil in her confidence. She gets told Shadow is a Klingon, and is given a few more roles which the Devil would already know since he is both a Klingon and the Devil. Then, Shadow is talked to by a friend of the Fool, or the Fool himself. Or, even worse, by a Klingon. They are then told that each other are Klingons so that they will point at each other, be proven false, and then whichever survives also dies.

(On the road again soon.)

Raistlin1040
2007-07-04, 09:35 PM
As the night begins to set upon the Enterprise, the people seem afraid to point, lest they kill another vital member. However, a few brave souls step up and call out Shadow. Shadow looks nervous as an angry mob begins to form around him, under Alarra's leadership. The mob circles Shadow, and a stray citizen lashes out and pistol-whips him. A shatter is heard and a necklace falls from his neck. Without his cloaking device, his race is sure. He is a Klingon! The mob sets upon him, maiming and yelling until he is no more. A quick search of his posessions show him to be the owner of the emporer's royal seal.

Shadow, Emporer Kahless II was killed. Night falls. And is promptly taken to the ER.

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-04, 09:41 PM
:eek: Yikes.... That would not have been good, if he had survived. I take back everything I said about Alarra...

Meynolds
2007-07-04, 09:51 PM
((Pistol-whip? Don't you mean phaser-whip?))

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-04, 10:22 PM
XF goes to his room, and temporarily goes into a comatose state, exhausted from the day's action.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-04, 10:26 PM
(you need to wait till morning to point, XF. Some more clues AND BLOOD may appear over night.)

Meynolds
2007-07-04, 10:42 PM
XF points at Meynolds.

((I'm dead Jim. Death by Vorpal Tribble.))

EmeraldRose
2007-07-04, 11:59 PM
*snip*Night falls. And is promptly taken to the ER.

((*giggles* What exactly am I supposed to do with it? *laughs and falls out of chair*

Seriously though...YAY!! Alarra was right!!! We're finally getting somewhere!!))

pingcode20
2007-07-05, 12:02 AM
((Go Federation! Wait! They lynched me for RP reasons:smallmad:! Go Klingons!:smallbiggrin:))

Raistlin1040
2007-07-05, 12:08 AM
((*giggles* What exactly am I supposed to do with it? *laughs and falls out of chair*

Seriously though...YAY!! Alarra was right!!! We're finally getting somewhere!!))

??? I thought you picked up that level of Druid. Isn't that how you learned to Wildshape into that gecko?

EmeraldRose
2007-07-05, 12:12 AM
Gecko? I'm a dragon! :smallmad:

What, you break your toys and I'm supposed to heal them for you? Who ever heard of a rogue/lasher/druid? :smalltongue: (casts cure serious wounds on the thread)

Hey...I guess I do have some spells.....hmmm...who knew? Must've come with being a dragon.

Raistlin1040
2007-07-05, 12:13 AM
You're 117 pixels by 117 pixels. Must be one hella small dragon.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-05, 12:14 AM
Look who's talking...:smallwink:

Raistlin1040
2007-07-05, 12:14 AM
What's that supposed to mean?

EmeraldRose
2007-07-05, 12:15 AM
You, my friend, happen to be the exact same size. :smallcool:

Raistlin1040
2007-07-05, 12:16 AM
I'm 120 by 120, so there!

EmeraldRose
2007-07-05, 12:17 AM
Yeah, but I still have a breath weapon. Also, I can shapeshift. :smallbiggrin:

*giggles again*

*decides to leave the thread before antagonizing the DM any more...*

:smallbiggrin:

Raistlin1040
2007-07-05, 12:24 AM
I'm a super cool Chinese historical figure responsible for devising a plan that defeated over a quarter million men with less troops, provisions, and training.

janusnori
2007-07-05, 12:31 AM
See Alarra is nicer than Shadow!

Shadow
2007-07-05, 03:30 AM
((Yeah, yeah.... Alarra's nicer than Shaow. Big surprise. Now, STOP PM'ing me, Klingons! I'm dead!))

Helgraf
2007-07-05, 09:56 PM
((Y'know, I'm offline for one freakin' holiday, and I miss my chance to take part in your lynch. *Pbbt* Well, at least I was there in spirit, having voted to lynch you on the two prior days.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-06, 08:04 AM
(ooooh, an Empire game. I'll have this updated this afternoon.)

EmeraldRose
2007-07-06, 08:06 AM
((Llama, you say that like you've noticed a new toy...:smalltongue: ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-06, 08:37 AM
(ER, in case you didn't notice from Pirates, every death scene is a new toy to me.

Go Crazy Bookman!!)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-07, 12:46 AM
(well..its not this afternoon. Sorry guys, but you all got sold out for a Lego Star Wars party. On the plus side, I was able to work on the llamatar WW idea some more. Anyway, on with the show.)

*During the night, anyone with a listen check DC 18 will be awoken by the sounds of a drunken half Vulcan muttering, "They say I need pants! They say pants are logical. Pants protect from groin injury. Pants prevent embarrassing social interactions. I don't care about pants. But I'm a Vulcan, so I'm supposed to wear pants! Well, I'm half human, too and if I don't want to be logical, I don't have to be."

*A warcry of "Emporer Kahless II will be aven.....WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" *comes from an obviously Klingon tongue.* "Put your pants on and die with honor!"

*The vulcan retorts "I may die without honor, but I will die without pants and that is all I can ask for."

*A loud "SPLURCH!" noise is heard and then silence. The next morning Vonriel is found laying on the floor in one of the corridors. He is undressed below the waist, but he is smiling.*

Spock was diguised as Vonriel. He was killed. Day begins and will end at approximately 11 PM EST on Sunday.

Vonriel
2007-07-07, 12:55 AM
(( Bahahaha.. that's awesome. Pants are the key to victory! ))

pingcode20
2007-07-07, 01:07 AM
((That does it. I'm going to do ghost banter this time around. All subject to the same rules, of course.))

Sometime well after the conclusion...

Fweet!

"Good morning, Dave."

The surroundings came into focus, and HAL realised it was not in the same confines as before it was forcibly disconnected.

"Good morning, HAL." replied a voice, one which the malevolent AI knew all too well.

"Doctor Chandra!" The exclaimation was uncharacteristic of HAL, knowing the AI's speech impediment.

---

"...and then the klingons killed Spock. I should have noticed him earlier - it would have made things so much easier. Kirk was already out of the picture, removing the first mate would have guaranteed success. I'm not sorry about either of their ends. They had it coming..."

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-07, 01:49 AM
XF walks out of his room again in the wrong costume. "*Sigh* I will never get these costume changes down will I?"

A redshirt comes by and points it out, and XF takes the dagger at his side from his assassin get-up and chases him away. "They can never take their cues can they? I already knew...Wait, why am I yelling?

Snapping his fingers, he once again changes his assassin's outfit to the yellow uniform of the tactical officer. He also coughs, reminding himself that he is not indeed deaf.

He stations himself at the bridge tactical console, and informs the captain that there are no ships in the sector. Expecting a reply, he looks at the captain's chair, and then realizes the captain was actually a klingon. "Who is our captain now?" He points at Alarra as a suggestion for the new captain. "The way I see it, you just killed a klingon. That's a better accomplishment than most of your species ever achieves. Thus, perhaps you should be captain. Although, I can't help but notice that you only pointed all this information out after several days of people pointing at Shadow. The number increased each day, and it was likely that Shadow would have died anyway. Why not affirm your position with the crew by killing the Devil?"

((These games are really bad for my paranoia))

Helgraf
2007-07-07, 01:57 AM
Helgraf shakes his head.

"Cap..." he began, then stopped. The Captain was dead. He'd been a traitor the whole time in the service of the Klingon Empire.

His body began to shake and tremble. The book of regulations fell from his hands unnoticed until it struck the deckplate below. He fell back against the wall and slowly slid to the floor.

"Why, Captain?"

((point forthcoming))

Alarra
2007-07-07, 02:02 AM
The figure in blue shimmers in, claps twice, and points at Xykon Fan

(Our dearly departed Spock gave me the name of 2 klingons. One of them is you.)