PDA

View Full Version : Remember all those threads asking why the PCs weren't involved in this last battle?

Aquillion
2007-06-09, 03:41 AM
Well, now we know.

kpenguin
2007-06-09, 04:03 AM
Indeed. It is likely the Order would have been killed in that blast.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-09, 04:07 AM
The remaining order. Roys already pushing up the daisys.

Ancalagon
2007-06-09, 04:07 AM
That is no good reason. The PCs would have survived due the feat "plotrelevant charakter". Or, if they all had died, the plot would have gone on in the afterlife.

Setra
2007-06-09, 04:09 AM
The PCs would have survived due the feat "plotrelevant charakter".
What do you think just happened?

The feat kept them from going because they probably wouldn't have survived.

Well Haley might have, Evasion.

Cifer
2007-06-09, 04:14 AM
At least Elan and Haley would have had some problems with that thing. Haley would have evaded the explosion and the flying castle debris, but she's only got around 13d6+con to survive the 20d6 of the fall. Elan, while equipped with superior d8, would probably also lack a great con.

O'chul, on the other hand side, is someone I could see as taking constitution as his primary ability.

Ridureyu
2007-06-09, 04:22 AM
They would have been fine, and Elan would have said, "Just like a Vin Diesel movie!"

Ancalagon
2007-06-09, 04:23 AM
@setra
What I said was: "Even if they had been there, they would have survived".

Firestar27
2007-06-09, 10:19 PM
Elan, while equipped with superior d8, would probably also lack a great con.
Elan has a d6 (at least for bard, I don't know what HD the prestige class has).

Not to mention Haley probably has a negative con modifier. "Haley, You don't DO melee combat. There's a reason you don't carry a sword." "Ok... ok here. But just remember, I like you in one big Haley-shaped piece, so try to come back that way." - Elan (for both of them)

Besides, even if Elan had a d8, why would he have a better chance than, let's say, Belkar. He has a bunch of d8s and a few d12s. Elan doesn't have evasion like Haley does.