PDA

View Full Version : So why didn't the MitD attack?

holywhippet
2007-06-09, 03:58 AM
In this comic: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0451.html Redcloak orders all forces to charge the breach in the wall. Wouldn't that have included the MitD?

kpenguin
2007-06-09, 04:00 AM
Redcloak wouldn't dare unveil the MitD now. The moment just wasn't dramatic enough.

Ancalagon
2007-06-09, 04:09 AM
Because the Monster in the Dark ist totally clueless?

Who said Redcloak left it behind? The army marched on the MitD asked "How about me?" when everyone was gone.

Adoniis
2007-06-09, 04:11 AM
Maybe the only one who can give it orders is Xylon (who wasn't around to order it to attack)?

If he summoned it, wouldn't that be the case? I'm totally clueless on D&D rules, it's but 10+ years since i played....

Ancalagon
2007-06-09, 04:20 AM
This has nothing to do with "rules".

Woof
2007-06-09, 04:22 AM
In this comic: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0451.html Redcloak orders all forces to charge the breach in the wall. Wouldn't that have included the MitD?

Meh. If I could choose between a tea party with demon roaches and a soft toy dragon and a massive assault of a city with loads of casualties, I'd go for the tea party, too :smallwink:

Emperor Ing
2007-06-09, 04:23 AM
I think wisdom and intelligence were his dump attributes :smalltongue:

:thog: monster in darkness make thog proud

TreesOfDeath
2007-06-09, 04:58 AM
Redcloak took no notice of the MITD, because its an idiot

Rhyeira
2007-06-09, 05:03 AM
Meh. If I could choose between a tea party with demon roaches and a soft toy dragon and a massive assault of a city with loads of casualties, I'd go for the tea party, too :smallwink:

Yes, but judging from the last comic, it obviously wanted to take part in the battle.
It's probably just too shy to do so without a specific order from Xykon himself.

Chineselegolas
2007-06-09, 05:21 AM
Redcloak wouldn't dare unveil the MitD now. The moment just wasn't dramatic enough.

That reason works well enough for me.

Yechezkiel
2007-06-09, 05:28 AM
Here's hoping the MitD is scary at some point again in the future... since his first appearance, it's all been down a very pink and frilly hill:smallyuk:

Woof
2007-06-09, 05:48 AM
Here's hoping the MitD is scary at some point again in the future... since his first appearance, it's all been down a very pink and frilly hill:smallyuk:

But... he's a *scary* pink and frilly MitD!
I really hope he won't turn out to be something actually scary, I've grown very fond of the not-so-scary-but-supposed-to-be-scary MitD.

Ancalagon
2007-06-09, 05:55 AM
My theory is that we'll never see the MitD without its darkness. The last panel of the whole comic-series will be a MitD still in the darkness after the last gate got destroyed, Haley and Elan married and ask "Gate? What Gate? Noone tells me anything" while walking away.

Studoku
2007-06-09, 05:56 AM
:mitd: Battle? What battle?

holywhippet
2007-06-09, 07:05 AM
Maybe the only one who can give it orders is Xylon (who wasn't around to order it to attack)?

Clearly it will take orders from Redcloak as well which is why it didn't head off to fight. But my point is, Redcloak got on his summoned mammoth and told the general to order all forces to attack the breach. If those orders were followed literally then he would have ordered the MitD to attack as well.