PDA

View Full Version : Karma Chameleon

JellyPooga
2007-06-09, 09:26 AM
Is there a chameleon-like humanoid (as in bipedal, not the 'type') race, or do I have to homebrew my own?

Similarly, what about an agile/climbing lizard race (ala Gecko, as opposed to the Iguana or Monitor-like Lizardfolk)?

Ryuuk
2007-06-09, 10:19 AM
There´s a Lizardfolk subrace in MM3, Poisondusk IIRC, that has a few similariteis with the chameleon. Thri-keen as well.

Neon Knight
2007-06-09, 10:50 AM
I thought Thri-Keen were insectoid.

AngelSword
2007-06-09, 10:51 AM
Your best bet for a chameleon-like human type is the Changeling from Eberron. Not exactly lizard-looking, but the concept is there.

Or, at least, I think it's there. I'm not sure if that's what you meant by chameleon-like.

Reptilius
2007-06-09, 10:53 AM
He probably means like an actual chameleon-person, like with the tongue and googly-eyes.

The Glyphstone
2007-06-09, 10:56 AM
Maybe a human with some Vile Deformity feats from BoVD?

Fleshwarper levels could get the eyes, through the Elder Secret (Secret of the Beholder) class features.

AngelSword
2007-06-09, 10:57 AM
Well, my thinking led me to the changeling, since I thought he was looking for the "blending into one's surroundings," part of the chameleon, and not necessarily the physical appearance thereof.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-06-09, 12:54 PM
A changeling could totally look like a bipedal chameleon. Or at least, a human in a convincing chameleon mask, which is all a humanoid chameleon would look like anyway.

Fizban
2007-06-09, 01:32 PM
Poison Dusk Lizardfolk from the MM3 get a bonus on hiding from chameleon skin, and I think they have a racial climb speed as well. They're small sized though, and have LA +1.

JellyPooga
2007-06-09, 01:51 PM
Looks like these Poison Dusk Lizardfolk are what I'm looking for.

I was after an agile, hidey type of lizardman, 'cos I've never really liked the tough, swimmy type of lizardman (just how I see lizardfolk as a rule).

MM3 you say? I'll have to look into picking up a cheap copy from somewhere (funds are rather limited at the moment).

Thanks guys! :smallbiggrin:

AngelSword
2007-06-09, 06:36 PM
If you want to get books on the cheap, look to Amazon. I've pretty much given up buying my books in the store, since Amazon has the books for at least 30% off.