PDA

View Full Version : Will Elan get his note back?

the300
2007-06-09, 11:29 AM
Now that there isn't a throne room anymore how does he expect to read it

(don't have to worrie about roy finding out now tho)

:thog: me eat kids

Guts
2007-06-09, 11:34 AM
which note are you talking about:smallconfused:? the love note on an arrow hinjo confiscated? If so not really and he already read it so why would he need it.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-09, 11:42 AM
hinjo still has it so Elan might still be punished for it. Roy can be informed with a speak with dead spell.

Rhyeira
2007-06-09, 11:45 AM
I really don't think he was interested in reading that note, he just wanted to confiscate it until the battle is over, simply because you don't pass notes in a battle and he wanted to keep things in order.

I also doubt that Elan really wants that thing back so badly and is going to ask Hinjo about it... that poor paladin guy really has a lot of more important stuff to worry about (if he survives).

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-06-09, 12:16 PM
Hurray! A thread about something light and airy! The "She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" threads were getting long and tedious!

What did the Note say? Was there a "Yes" and "No" vote block? Do you think Hinjo will read it out loud, with breathless inflection to further embarrass Elan and Haley?

What will Roy do once Elan get's home? Grounded? No allowance for a week?

Or worse: Give Elan the "Birds and the Bees" and the "Don't forget to wear Protection" talk?

teratorn
2007-06-09, 01:05 PM
Hurray! A thread about something light and airy!
I was going to make a joke about Belkar but then I noticed I misread it.

The "She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" threads were getting long and tedious!
You just had to talk about her didn't you? You just ruined an otherwise perfectly good thread.

Varsuvius_Pwns
2007-06-10, 04:14 PM
Well, finally a thread that isn't like 400 posts long...

Elan must get his note back, but like you said, he already read it. And anyway, Haley could just steal it back.:haley: (snicker).

MR.PIXIE
2007-06-11, 08:59 AM
Or worse: Give Elan the "Birds and the Bees" and the "Don't forget to wear Protection" talk?

OH I hate those talks:smallsigh:

SteveMB
2007-06-11, 09:05 AM
Now that there isn't a throne room anymore how does he expect to read it
Hinjo probably still has it -- I don't think he had a chance to swing by the throne room to drop it off during the battle.

What did the Note say? Was there a "Yes" and "No" vote block? Do you think Hinjo will read it out loud, with breathless inflection to further embarrass Elan and Haley?
At the time, I commented that if Hinjo really wanted to teach Elan a lesson he'd make him read the note out loud in front of everybody. :smalleek: :smallredface:

Or worse: Give Elan the "Birds and the Bees" and the "Don't forget to wear Protection" talk?[/
Meh, I wonder if those rings of protection might cut it?

kpenguin
2007-06-11, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE]
Or worse: Give Elan the "Birds and the Bees" and the "Don't forget to wear Protection" talk?[/QOUTE]
Meh, I wonder if those rings of protection might cut it?

It would depend if that deflection bonus would help. *runs away* :smallyuk:

truemane
2007-06-11, 09:25 AM
This is easily solved. Even if Elan never actually got to read the note, all he has to do to find out the contents is make a successful Bardin Knowledge Check. It would be a high DC, like 30 or so, bit if he made it he would know what haley wrote without ever having to endure Hinjo's talk.

"You see, Elan, when a Boy PC and a girl PC love each other VERY much, they share a very special sort of Grapple..."

*CRINGE*

Since this topic has been started by the300, someone has to shout 'THIS IS SPARRTTAAAA!!!' Thank you.

It would depend if that deflection bonus would help. *runs away* :smallyuk
Well, his weapon is 'awfully skinny' but remember, he 'uses it masterfully' and didn't the Airship guy upgrade it to +3?

SteveMB
2007-06-11, 09:32 AM
This is easily solved. Even if Elan never actually got to read the note, all he has to do to find out the contents is make a successful Bardin Knowledge Check. It would be a high DC, like 30 or so, bit if he made it he would know what haley wrote without ever having to endure Hinjo's talk.

"You see, Elan, when a Boy PC and a girl PC love each other VERY much, they share a very special sort of Grapple..."

*CRINGE*
Oh, I think he's practiced his Grapple (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0400.html).... :smallbiggrin:

However, we don't know if anybody ever did answer Belkar's request (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0402.html) to look up the manuever's effect on AC....

MR.PIXIE
2007-06-11, 09:46 AM
:roy: Elan this is a time when a growing boy needs to explore his se...:elan::smallsigh: okay but i ...:roy: now now let me finish...and so your body tells you that you love some one ,if you know what i mean:smallamused: :elan::smallannoyed: i do :roy:oh but you dont...you see you may think you love haley but you ...:smallmad: HEY where do you think you going.Im not done :elan: I am:smallmad:

Basalock
2007-06-11, 09:57 AM
You people are sick and disturbed.

MR.PIXIE
2007-06-11, 09:58 AM

:smallredface: tee hee!

jindra34
2007-06-11, 10:00 AM

you are just figuring that out?

dehro
2007-06-11, 10:48 AM
I also doubt that Elan really wants that thing back so badly and is going to ask Hinjo about it... that poor paladin guy really has a lot of more important stuff to worry about (if he survives).

which is exactly why Elan will ask it back from him at the worst possible moment... given his "profile" and that this is a ...uhm... comic... comic..

truemane
2007-06-11, 10:51 AM
However, we don't know if anybody ever did answer Belkar's request (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0402.html) to look up the manuever's effect on AC....

Gives a whole new meaning to "I'd hit that!" doesn't it?

*DUCKS AND RUNS*

*Hugs Belkar's romance thread*

truemane
2007-06-11, 12:22 PM
*Hugs Belkar's romance thread*

*Hugs Belkar*

Black of Night
2007-06-11, 12:56 PM
I could be wrong, thought I hope I am not, but I think the note is probably a single-use plot device, never to be heard from again.

On the other hand, we could spontanously see the return of Trigak (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0018.html) :smalltongue:

Somebloke
2007-06-11, 01:03 PM
*Hugs Belkar*

You don't actually like your kidneys, do you?

MR.PIXIE
2007-06-11, 01:33 PM
:roy: ELAN I THOUGHT I SAID NOT TO DO IT WHEN WHERE STILL ADVENTURERS!!!:elan: No you didn't!:roy: well i almost did and then you stormed off!!:elan: thats because you said i didnt love haley!! :roy:im seperating you two :elan::haley: nnnooooo!!!

ObadiahtheSlim
2007-06-11, 01:49 PM
That reminds me of a quote from Myndflame. "Hey baby, I got Blessing of Protection."