PDA

View Full Version : EoFaF is still alive (just you know not)

Sigbru
2007-06-09, 02:13 PM
In the third panel hinjo push Belkar and he his holding his head...
what will happen to him now, will he be Belkar new weapon ? :smalltongue:

Ancalagon
2007-06-09, 02:16 PM
Hinjo will take it from him when this is over? Belkar will not be able to keep it.

TheNovak
2007-06-09, 02:56 PM
He could just stuff it in one of Haley's Bags of Holding, y'know. Not like skeletal corpses need to breathe.

Sigbru
2007-06-09, 05:59 PM
:smallconfused: Can you put monster heads in bags of holdins :smallconfused:

Studoku
2007-06-09, 06:08 PM
:smallconfused: Can you put monster heads in bags of holdins :smallconfused:

Yes. The only things you can't put in are living things (because they suffocate) and other planar portals such as bags of holding.

However, the EoFaF could probably burn his eay out.

TheNovak
2007-06-09, 08:02 PM
Burn his way out to where? The infinite, featureless void? I guess he'd take the rest of Haley's loot with 'im, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd be willing to sacrifice himself for that. Or anything.

Breaon
2007-06-09, 08:04 PM
From what we've seen since coming into Belkar's possession, he only seems to "flame on" on Belkar's command.

Elephant
2007-06-09, 08:04 PM
Err, what's an eofaf?

TheNovak
2007-06-09, 08:07 PM
Eye of Fear and Flame. Belkar's skull-buddy.

EDIT: Erm, Flame and Fear. Quietus down there got it right by taking the extra few seconds to check :smallsmile:

Quietus
2007-06-09, 08:08 PM
Err, what's an eofaf?

Eye of Flame and Fear.

The disembodied skeletal head that Belkar is carrying around, that he was using to Fireball the hobbos.

::Edit:: Rats, ninja'ed

A Quiet Person
2007-06-09, 08:10 PM
Err, what's an eofaf?

It's the Eye of Fear and Flame. It's the talking skull that was left when Belkar attacked one of the Xykon decoys on the battlefield. He now keeps it as a weapon.

Personally, I hope that the EoFaF can stay in the story for a while. It's the kind of thing that's not a major character, but makes a great trick for Belkar to whip out when least expected. And it's funny.

kirbsys
2007-06-09, 08:12 PM
So long as it doesn't become a crutch they lean on every time they're in trouble.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-09, 09:09 PM
Err, what's an eofaf?It is the decapitated head of one of Xycon's doubles which Belkar carries with him and uses as a weapon. Redcloak referred to him as "The Eye of Fear and Flame"

Mewtarthio
2007-06-09, 09:17 PM
So long as it doesn't become a crutch they lean on every time they're in trouble.

A crutch? It can't do anything that Varsaavius can't do. Well, except for casting some sort of fear effect, but I doubt it'll help the Order all that much. Sure, he can shoot more Fireballs, but Belkar complains that he can't do a lot of them at once.

Kobold
2007-06-09, 09:53 PM
Ew. As if being killed isn't terrible enough, he has to put up with Belkar's constant insane jabbering.

(Kobold jabbers insanely)

the_tick_rules
2007-06-09, 10:18 PM
it's in his invisible bag where each carry their own stuff. which the giant has called his no way i'm drawing that every episode bag.

Aquillion
2007-06-09, 10:19 PM
The only things you can't put in are living things (because they suffocate) and other planar portals such as bags of holding.This is actually not true as of 3rd edition. The only things, per RAW, that interact in any special way with bags of holding are portable holes (and sharp objects, if they rupture it.) Other things, including bags of holding, can be put into them without problems; and they can be put into them, brought into a magnificent mansion or rope trick, etc without anything special happening at all. In earlier editions there were other restrictions, but currently these only apply to portable holes.

...now, that's per RAW, and some DMs might houserule otherwise. The really mean ones won't tell you about the houserule until your bag of holding explodes (which is fair, I guess, as long as they gave your characters some sort of knowledge roll and determined that you wouldn't know obscure details on how bags of holding work. Not putting bags of holding in portable holes because you, the player, know about that rule when your character doesn't is metagaming anyway. But you'd have to be a real nasty DM to do it given how you're probably taking away almost everything the party owns with no chance of recovery...)

Gez
2007-06-10, 05:48 AM
Yes. The only things you can't put in are living things (because they suffocate) and other planar portals such as bags of holding.

Well, you can put them in. It's just not a good idea. :smallbiggrin:

TDG
2007-06-10, 05:56 AM

I doubt Belkar would pass up the opportunity to kill something with his own two hands (or dagger as the case may be) unless its absolutely needed. In this case, that pesky MoJ on his head forces his hand...

Sigbru
2007-06-10, 09:36 AM
I doubt Belkar would pass up the opportunity to kill something with his own two hands (or dagger as the case may be) unless its absolutely needed. In this case, that pesky MoJ on his head forces his hand...

He could use it as a weapow on city's
and what happened to his body anyway ?

TheNovak
2007-06-10, 01:21 PM
Probably still laying out in the battlefield. Actually, now that you mentioned it, I could see Rich including a throwaway panel of the headless EoFaF stumbling around blindly :smallsmile:

Bogardan_Mage
2007-06-10, 07:10 PM
From what we've seen since coming into Belkar's possession, he only seems to "flame on" on Belkar's command.
That's just because he's afraid of Belkar. He still has free will and could disobey Belkar's orders, but he's too scared of what Belkar might do if he does.

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-10, 07:54 PM
Just realized something: since the EoFaF is fireballing and fearing on it's own will (well sort of...) it's a free action for Belkar to use it! He's not activating it, he's just holding it in his hand and it's doing the blasting. Theoretically, once they leave the city/have the MoJ removed, Belkar could wear the skull as a necklace and have twin daggers AND fireball/fear access.

That would be. SWEET.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-10, 08:11 PM
The Eye of Fear and Flame is the best charachter in the whole comic (except for maybe Miko). He should stay.

Don't kill him off, Burlew!

Sigbru
2007-06-11, 01:19 PM
Just realized something: since the EoFaF is fireballing and fearing on it's own will (well sort of...) it's a free action for Belkar to use it! He's not activating it, he's just holding it in his hand and it's doing the blasting. Theoretically, once they leave the city/have the MoJ removed, Belkar could wear the skull as a necklace and have twin daggers AND fireball/fear access.

That would be. SWEET.

Necklance? he is,like,half is body :smallannoyed:
But he could be a very good weapow for a ranger, they don't cast fireballs. But he can cast something else like, Fear laser ???

Belkar Rocks
2007-06-11, 02:23 PM

That would be. SWEET.I am totally in favor of this. :smallamused:

EvilElitest
2007-06-11, 02:28 PM
It and V's Familer will hang out in their own little pop world and only come back when the plot needs them
from,
EE

Sigbru
2007-06-11, 05:51 PM
WE should have a smile for him to...
and of course who could forget the lovely Dead Knight, nerver liked huecuva for attacking the dog :smallmad:
EoFaF is a what anyway? Huecuva is a cleric ressusected, Death Knight is a warrior like raised(guess) the EoFaF is just a monster ?

kpenguin
2007-06-11, 05:59 PM
The EoFaF isn't alive. It hasn't been for sometime now.

Tokiko Mima
2007-06-11, 06:01 PM
However, the EoFaF could probably burn his eay out.

Well, it would be tough to do that in an airless void. :smalltongue: Though magic flames might not need oxygen.

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-06-11, 06:03 PM
Well, it would be tough to do that in an airless void. :smalltongue: Though magic flames might not need oxygen. Watch it, you almost hit a catgirl there. :smalltongue:

Jawajoey
2007-06-11, 08:06 PM
I'm admittedly ignorant of the mechanics of an EoFaF, but isn't it a summon of some sort? And therefore shouldn't it un-summon at some point in time? Or is this a different kind of summon?

Angela Christine
2007-06-11, 08:34 PM
Necklance? he is,like,half is body :smallannoyed:
But he could be a very good weapow for a ranger, they don't cast fireballs. But he can cast something else like, Fear laser ???

A hat! Belkar likes hats. :smallbiggrin: And skull hats or helmets are practically traditional for barbarians.

The poor EFF might even like it, once he thinks it over. Team Evil was planning on using him as a throwaway decoy, they planned on him being destroyed. And, lets face it, skeletal people aren't welcome in very many places. Most people, even many evil people, will attempt to destroy skeletal creatures on sight. But Belkar likes being able to make fireballs, and he probably quite enjoy being able to make fear on demand as well. Killing things that are afraid is more fun. So as long as the EFF is useful and amusing, Belkar will protect him. Having a bad-ass psycho protecting him may appeal to the EFF, even it means he never gets his body back.

Daemon
2007-06-11, 09:27 PM
It and V's Familer will hang out in their own little pop world and only come back when the plot needs them
from,
EE

Raven? What Raven? I don't know of any raven named Blackwing...

But seriously.. I think the EoFaF kicks but and adds more comic relief to a comic so laden with seriousness... *sarcasm*

EvilElitest
2007-06-11, 09:48 PM
Raven? What Raven? I don't know of any raven named Blackwing...

But seriously.. I think the EoFaF kicks but and adds more comic relief to a comic so laden with seriousness... *sarcasm*

you must have mis quoated me, i know nothing of this Blackwing you speak of. Is he/she involved in the Secret Service or something, because i never even heard of the idea of such a name
from,
EE