PDA

View Full Version : Playing as Deities

Pages : [1] 2

Ivius
2007-06-09, 04:09 PM
I thought of the idea while looking over the divine rules in the SRD. Would it be a viable campaign idea? And, if so, would anyone be willing to DM one over the boards? (I'd rather be a player than a DM, and no one else in my group can do it very well). Not Pelor or anything, just an obscure rank 3-5 (Basket weaving, throwing puppies at mean people, etc.)

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 04:18 PM
It would. Sounds like a refreshing change...and if you or someone else does something like that here, consider me the first to be interested. It would probably be a little less focused on overcoming challenges in battle so much as managing your cult, converting nonbelievers, helping those pesky high-level Clerics with their miracles and such things. Maybe each player would be a god in the pantheon of a recently-created Multiverse. During character creation, they would agree on the cosmology, plane layout, and who is in charge of what.

Yeah, I'm hoping this little spark of inspiration expands into a PbP game on this site.

EDIT:Although I would have to be a player-I'm already DMing two campaigns, my plate's a tad full in that respect.

ilovefire
2007-06-09, 04:24 PM
I'd love in play in such, and I've made deities before... it's a bit complex for character creation, since just when are you supposed to apply those 20 outsider HD that you get with godhood, anyways?

but I wouldn't want to DM it. I'm better with low-powerlevel games.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 04:26 PM
I've seen deity campaigns before, and they can work reasonably well (although less so the higher up the ranks you go).

If I may suggest, to find a DM for a game such as this, you might want to put up a thread in Recruitment. It's got a better chance there than here.

edit: and for the record, these deity rules (http://community.dicefreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=3491) work a heck of a lot better than WotCs...

ZeroNumerous
2007-06-09, 04:28 PM
It'd be possible, though incredibly hard on the players. You'd have to face things that are also deities, and deities at even rank 1 have some obscene immunities..

Closet_Skeleton
2007-06-09, 04:34 PM
I'd love in play in such, and I've made deities before... it's a bit complex for character creation, since just when are you supposed to apply those 20 outsider HD that you get with godhood, anyways?

You don't always get 20 outsider HD. Ascended dieties don't automaticaly for example.

A god campaign would be fun. I would suggest starting with Divine Rank 3 dieties at levels 15-25. Though level 1 with Divine rank 0 could work.

Jannex
2007-06-09, 04:34 PM
A while back, one of my friends had been planning to run a game like this; the players were going to be Rank 1 deities, comprising the pantheon of a single planet (that planet being Arrakis, but that's beside the point). Sadly, it never got off the ground. I forget the exact character creation details he used, but we had some number (30 or 40 or 60 or something) of gestalt levels to play with, plus however many Salient Divine Abilities went with Rank 1, etc... character generation took forever, but it was kinda fun. I'd be interested in a deities game, if someone were to run one online.

Ivius
2007-06-09, 04:37 PM
You don't always get 20 outsider HD. Ascended dieties don't automaticaly for example.

A god campaign would be fun. I would suggest starting with Divine Rank 3 dieties at levels 15-25. Though level 1 with Divine rank 0 could work.

I like 3 as well. I don't know how your divine rank would go up, and even if it doesn't, you get some pretty nifty abilities.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 04:40 PM

Tip: gods with low character levels don't work particularly well. I refer you all once again to the link in my last post.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 04:42 PM
I'm with Closet_Skeleton in that we'd be low Divine Rank and near-epic/low epic. If we're voting on it, then my vote goes for level 15, Divine Rank 1, maybe 2 or 3.

ocato
2007-06-09, 04:44 PM
Well, your rank would go up as your completed quests that lead to more people following your religion, I'd say. So if you killed a rampaging demon lord, then the town you saved would be like "let's worship that magnificant man-beast. Sir, what is your name so that we may sacrifice burnt offerings to ye?"

Then the goofier guy goes "My name is not 'ye'"

And thus the Church of Notye is founded.

Ivius
2007-06-09, 04:46 PM
So we have the players. Is anyone interested in DMing?

Ramza00
2007-06-09, 04:47 PM
Can I be the diety with the Luck Domain, PLEASE?

Spell-Like Abilities

A deity can use any domain spell it can grant as a spell-like ability at will. The deity’s effective caster level for such abilities is 10 + the deity’s divine rank. The saving throw DC for such abilities is 10 + the spell level + the deity’s Charisma bonus (if any) + the deity’s divine rank.

Especially if i have access to Alter Reality

Alter Reality
Prerequisite

Cha 29.
Benefit

This ability is similar to the wish spell. The deity merely thinks of something and then makes it so. Doing this requires at least a standard action.
Notes

The deity can duplicate any spell of 9th level or lower as a standard action. The duplicated spell has no material or XP component, and the DC of its saving throw (if one is allowed) is 20 + the deity’s rank + the deity’s Charisma modifier.

The deity also can duplicate a spell with any metamagic feat (so long as the metamagic feat is available to characters of 20th level or lower). This use of the ability requires the deity to rest for 1 round for each level that the feat would normally add to the spell. It still takes a standard action to use this ability, so there is no point in using the ability to duplicate a quickened spell.

The deity can render a magical or supernatural effect permanent. The rest requirement varies with the effect: 10 minutes per level of the effect times the number of subjects affected, 10 minutes per total Hit Dice of creatures affected, or 10 minutes per 10-foot cube affected. Use the highest applicable value.

The deity can create temporary, nonmagical objects. This works like the Create Object ability (including the required rest period), except that the items last one day per rank.

The deity also can create permanent nonmagical objects as if using the Create Object ability except that all rest requirements are doubled and there is no reduction in rest time for being on an Outer Plane or in the deity’s own realm.

The deity can create temporary magic items or creatures. This works like the Divine Creation ability (including the required rest period), except that the items or creatures created last 1 hour per rank. This ability cannot create permanent magic items or creatures.

The deity can reshape a landscape, creating any type of terrain the deity can imagine. Each 10-foot cube of material to be reshaped requires 1 round of effort, and the deity must rest for one day per 10-foot cube shaped after the work is completed.
Suggested Portfolio Elements

Any.

And you thought persistent spells were bad :smallwink:

Ramza00
2007-06-09, 04:58 PM
Oh the Magelord 7th lvl ability combined with Arcane mastery special ability (requires the Spell Mastery ability) allows you to cast all wizard/sorcerer spells spontaneously.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 05:01 PM
We'll be playing as GODS and you want to be EVEN MORE broken? I don't know what to say.

ocato
2007-06-09, 05:02 PM
Stand by as Ramza here scares off potential DMs by crazy twinking a deity.

*shudders*

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 05:08 PM
It's... it's not twinking. Gods. Deities.

And this, by the way, is why most gods are Epic level. All those tricks? They don't mean quite so much at those levels.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 05:09 PM
It's... it's not twinking. Gods. Deities.

And this, by the way, is why most gods are Epic level. All those tricks? They don't mean quite so much at those levels.

Well...then...Hmm.

*proceeds to burst into devious laughter*

Ramza00
2007-06-09, 05:12 PM
Stand by as Ramza here scares off potential DMs by crazy twinking a deity.

*shudders*

Sorry, maybe I explained it wrong for I didn't explain it, I ain't saying it is a bad idea, I am saying though how they did gods and dieties with divine salient abilities is extremly non balanced. Some abilities are very weak, other abilities are so ******* strong (such as alter reality, alter reality is what makes all the tricks pun pun does which are temporary permanent)

Thus play a god campaign, except alot of house rules and DM saying no, this is how in my mind it should be anyway :smallsmile:

And no I don't have time to play an online game, so any expecting DMs, you don't have to worry about me *angel*

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 05:19 PM
And that, in addition to a thousand other things, is why the dicefreaks' rules should be used in any deity campaign. Alter Reality has been fixed, as have most other crazy exploits. Powerful, not instant win buttons.

Also, "expecting DMs"? *checks self* Is... is that why I've had this morning sickness?

Douglas
2007-06-09, 05:25 PM
For an example of the absurd powergaming that can occur at high epic levels, see my sig. I don't even want to think about how much worse it would get if I added divine ranks to that guy.

Premier
2007-06-09, 05:38 PM
There are several Pnp RPGs which have been explicitly designed to play gods or other omnipotent/near-omnipotent creatures; if I were you, I'd look into them. They probably cover the area better than 3.5E does.

Examples would be Nobilis (http://www.guardiansorder.com/games/nobilis/), where you play the personifications of abstract concepts (kind of like Neil Gaiman's Sandman), Children of Fire (http://www.mimgames.com/cof/), which revolves around Judeo-Christian angels, or the Immortal set from Frank Mentzer's D&D series. Then there's also... IIIRC, it's called Deus Ex Machina, a free game about gods which is sort of semi-LARP and uses Tarot cards. Can't find link, though.

PsyBlade
2007-06-09, 06:04 PM
Me want in.
I'd probably play a deity of darkness and illusions.
And yikes, the higher level you go, the more and more broken you become. (I read the ECL74 guy's sheet).

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 06:07 PM
For the record, the "ECL 74 guy", and his three friends were getting stomped into the ground by something much worse than them before complications arose and shut down the playtest that character was created for.

"There's always a bigger fish", so to speak.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 06:12 PM
For the record, the "ECL 74 guy", and his three friends were getting stomped into the ground by something much worse than them before complications arose and shut down the playtest that character was created for.

"There's always a bigger fish", so to speak.

There may always be a bigger fish, but is there a bigger God of Fishes?

Also, I repeat the suggestion is my first post in this topic. It seems to be able to work well with that Nobilis thing, although one of us would have to have a rulebook.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 06:18 PM
There may always be a bigger fish, but is there a bigger God of Fishes?

Also, I repeat the suggestion is my first post in this topic. It seems to be able to work well with that Nobilis thing, although one of us would have to have a rulebook.

Why, yes (http://dicefreaks.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3492&highlight=piscaethces). Yes there is.

Nobilis... would work well, I think. But there is the whole "having the rulebook" thing. I've only ever heard about it in stories, myself. Dark tales not meant for mortal ears... :smalltongue:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-09, 06:20 PM
I had an idea about running a divine campaign before. There are intesely epic creatures to fight, and there are deities. Anytime you kill a 'normal' creature, you attain just XP, but when you kill a god, you get XP and divine power points. These divine power points stack together and you can level your divine rank. It'd be something like god of war!:smallbiggrin:

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 06:22 PM
Why, yes (http://dicefreaks.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3492&highlight=piscaethces). Yes there is.

A warning to whoever DMs this:

Don't you dare squeeze some Elder Evils in. Or do gods even HAVE sanity to lose?

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-09, 06:26 PM
I think playing as a deity would be fun.

Not in a combat game, of course. That's just silly. In a roleplaying-heavy political game. :smalltongue:

I would... most likely play the analogue of Chaav. That is, a god of Joy and Trickery.

ilovefire
2007-06-09, 06:28 PM
I'd like to be a diety of, hmm. Music, Loyalty, and War. The archetypal drummer boy. The Man Playing Taps. Problems, though... I'd want to be a Bard, but concept demands a lawful alignment. Hmm. Eh, I'll figure something out if this thing plays.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-09, 06:37 PM
Why a bard? All those bardic music abilities would be useless, due to the deific immunity to morale effects.

ilovefire
2007-06-09, 06:39 PM
Wait, all morale effects? I thought it was just negative morale effects.

... Do Marshalls have perform as a class skill? I forgot.

Douglas
2007-06-09, 08:30 PM
There's a reason this feat (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#musicOfTheGods) exists, you know.

ilovefire
2007-06-09, 08:33 PM
Ooooh, and also the Divine Bard Salient Divine Ability. just like that feat, but BETTER, because it's an SDA.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 08:38 PM
Also, do we need to post our chosen domains and such? If so:I want to be the obligatory LG god of chivalry and knightlyhood, but with a nice little twist. Which will come as soon as I think about it. Maybe my Paladin order will be divided into the various Pally PrCs, such as Shining Blade of Heironeous, Fist of Raziel, and Gray Guard.

Except, you know, with all name references changed.

Shining Blade of Siggy...I like it.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 08:38 PM
Just remember, this is a potential game (in the wrong section of the boards, I might add. Again) that does not yet have a DM. Try to hold off on cementing too much of a potential deity until you know

A) whether or not a DM will take the DM bait (it is a trout. Mmm, delicious trout), and
B) what sort of creation rules the game will follow.

edit: also, curses. Someone has called dibs on my favorite portion of the game.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 08:41 PM
Just remember, this is a potential game (in the wrong section of the boards, I might add. Again) that does not yet have a DM. Try to hold off on cementing too much of a potential deity until you know

A) whether or not a DM will take the DM bait (it is a trout. Mmm, delicious trout), and
B) what sort of creation rules the game will follow.

Well, yes, but brainstorming doesn't hurt, especially if it creates a deity that would work in another campaign.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 08:44 PM
This is true, but there is a difference between figuring out domains/portfolios and selecting SDAs, feats, and classes. At that point, you start to risk working with materials that might not exist in the actual campaign.

*shakes fist*

ilovefire
2007-06-09, 08:45 PM
I'm not selecting anything except being a LN/LG Deity of Music, Loyalty, and War. And SOMEHOW working in bard levels. I was just browsing the SDAs and saw the Divine Bard one.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 08:46 PM
<_<;;

I was only thinking about the former, I have yet to fully comprehend the Divine rules.

The Glyphstone
2007-06-09, 08:48 PM
There's a game going on with this right now, actually. Look for Acension: After the Breaking in the Gamma forum - there's 6-8 of us, all DvR4 Demigods w/ 30-40ish class levels, in a game run by Belial. I'd suggest asking Belial for tips about epic games if (s?)he's willing to, there's definitely a lot of experience in Epic to draw on there.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 08:56 PM
Oh, is that game still going? It moves rather slowly; I thought it had died.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-09, 09:19 PM
There's a game going on with this right now, actually. Look for Acension: After the Breaking in the Gamma forum - there's 6-8 of us, all DvR4 Demigods w/ 30-40ish class levels, in a game run by Belial. I'd suggest asking Belial for tips about epic games if (s?)he's willing to, there's definitely a lot of experience in Epic to draw on there.

I'm part of this game as well...and I think it might be dead.

Combat does not work well with deity games. Everyone's immune to everything.

With that said...I loved being Vakira, but if there were a deity game with a bit less combat-focus...

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 09:27 PM
Combat does not work well with deity games. Everyone's immune to everything.

There's a way around this - rank checks. They're standard in the Dicefreaks setup, and help tremendously with this sort of thing. Deities can overcome the immunities of other deities by succeeding on a rank check (d20+DvR) against a DC determined by the other deity's rank, the formula for which I don't remember off the top of my head.

This rule makes god vs god combat meaningful instead of futile. I highly recommend it.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-09, 09:33 PM
There's a way around this - rank checks. They're standard in the Dicefreaks setup, and help tremendously with this sort of thing. Deities can overcome the immunities of other deities by succeeding on a rank check (d20+DvR) against a DC determined by the other deity's rank, the formula for which I don't remember off the top of my head.

This rule makes god vs god combat meaningful instead of futile. I highly recommend it.

Even still, I'd like to see Divine Combat as a secondary or tertiary challenge, the ultimate end to the campaign--because seriously, even with rank checks...it bogs down, because epic-level characters have immunities beyond divine ones.

Epic Spellcasting is also something to address.

Maybe use Divine Interaction as the final level, and encourage more mysterious workings through avatars, proxies, etc.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 09:33 PM
Still, it would generally be better to go about the management of the cosmos without any direct confrontation-better to let your followers fight for your cause in case your destruction ruins the order of things and brings about the end to existence. Just saying.

Ivius
2007-06-09, 09:36 PM
the formula for which I don't remember off the top of my head.

Probably 10+rank, like everything else.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 09:39 PM
I should have clarified; actual combat between deities is a pretty rare thing, I would think. There's a reason you don't see them running around all over the place in other games, after all. As a god, a player has influence far beyond what he would with an ordinary PC - he can accomplish a heck of a lot without physically doing anything.

But, if you're going to take the time to stat out a deity, you should at some point in the game be able to use those stats, I feel. You know, in combat. Rules that help this feel fun and meaningful are important to discuss.

Vis a vis Epic spellcasting, there are a number of solutions available. Belial has one up somewhere on these very boards, and there are other approaches elsewhere on the net, as well.

edit: actually, I think it's 10+rank+a +4 bonus for every tier higher the opposing deity is than you (so a lesser deity would add +4 against a demigod for rank checks). I'm not quite sure, though. I'll look it up later.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-09, 09:44 PM
Vis a vis Epic spellcasting, there are a number of solutions available. Belial has one up somewhere on these very boards, and there are other approaches elsewhere on the net, as well.

Belial's Epic Metamagic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37410)

And I agree; divine combat can be a satisfying but rare experience...so long as it doesn't become the expected norm.

At the same time, you can even have an overdeity ala Ao declare that Gods can only interact on the mortal plane through their worshippers or incarnations...still frighteningly powerful epic creatures.

PsyBlade
2007-06-09, 09:47 PM
First, combat among gods should be limited to sparring. Lesser gods are trying to not be noticed by higher gods due to the fact that the higher ones can pretty much do what they want to those of significantly lower rank. Real fights get noticed, and bad things happen to the fighters. But having champions do the fighting for you, that's entertaining and almost as meaningful. So, godly combat? No. Divine dealings, underhandedness, and generous use of non-combat skills? Yes.

Second, back to my god. Name: PsyBlade (I like this concept that much)
Alignment: CG
Domains: Darkness, Illusion/Trickery, Magic
Profile: Fear, Touchless Death, (I'll think of a few more, and nothing's stopping you guys from making recommendations)

GryffonDurime
2007-06-09, 10:10 PM
Just as a recommendation based on my meager experience in the genre:

I recommend against a God of Healing...

Though playing something more like a god of art and inspiration would be quite fun after trying to defeat three demigods as a giant healing snake :(

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 10:13 PM
But didn't you yourself say that combat should be secondary or tertiary? In that case, well, you probably won't need to fight. If you do, just gate in some Solars and start attacking the darkness. That solves everything.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 10:13 PM
First, combat among gods should be limited to sparring. Lesser gods are trying to not be noticed by higher gods due to the fact that the higher ones can pretty much do what they want to those of significantly lower rank. Real fights get noticed, and bad things happen to the fighters. But having champions do the fighting for you, that's entertaining and almost as meaningful. So, godly combat? No. Divine dealings, underhandedness, and generous use of non-combat skills? Yes.

Second, back to my god. Name: PsyBlade (I like this concept that much)
Alignment: CG
Domains: Darkness, Illusion/Trickery, Magic
Profile: Fear, Touchless Death, (I'll think of a few more, and nothing's stopping you guys from making recommendations)

I think you're describing something not suited for D&D. No, gods shouldn't go to war with one another at the drop of a hat (although, in some mythologies, they do). But a game built solely around "divine dealings, underhandedness, and generous use of non-combat skills" is just not meant for 3.5. I don't want to roll Diplomacy 50 times and call it a day. I don't even want to be underhanded and manipulative.

If I'm in a campaign where I spent all that time actually building a deity (and it is a very time consuming process), then I want to go into the game feeling like there was a point to going through all that effort, and that involves combat.

edit: massive simu attack.

bosssmiley
2007-06-09, 10:16 PM
I've seen deity campaigns before, and they can work reasonably well (although less so the higher up the ranks you go).

If I may suggest, to find a DM for a game such as this, you might want to put up a thread in Recruitment. It's got a better chance there than here.

edit: and for the record, these deity rules (http://community.dicefreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=3491) work a heck of a lot better than WotCs...

I'll nod in agreement with PhoeKun as to the juicy goodness of the DiceFreaks divinities rules.

Upper_Krust (Google "Immortals Handbook". Clink link. Gawp in awe) also has a dandy fully scaling 'Normal-Epic-Divine-Cosmic-I AM ALL THAT IS' variant divine power system that seems heavily influenced by 'divine superheroes' (The Mighty Thor, Hercules, The New Gods, etc.) comics.

I would also suggest you download the "Wrath of the Immortals" OD&D pdf from Paizo. For the young and spawnish among us WotI was the (revised) divine rules for OD&D. The boxed set had lots of handy hints for integrating mortals and immortals in one campaign, plot hooks and campaign outlines for how to deal with the transition from one state to another, and more flavourful throwaway stuff that you can shake a stick at. :smallcool:

For non D&D divine stuff and general pointers google RuneQuest. Especially recommended are Simon Phipp's notes on large scale, long term games (http://www.soltakss.com/index.html#HighLevelGaming) involving divine power. I really liked his articles on how heroquesting lets you re-write myths through the power of adventuring.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-09, 10:18 PM
I think you're describing something not suited for D&D. No, gods shouldn't go to war with one another at the drop of a hat (although, in some mythologies, they do). But a game built solely around "divine dealings, underhandedness, and generous use of non-combat skills" is just not meant for 3.5. I don't want to roll Diplomacy 50 times and call it a day. I don't even want to be underhanded and manipulative.

Appropriate enough, but your deific powers extend beyond "I hit him with my whims." Just as in a normal campaign, combat is just one facet...and I'm personally saying that all-out, no-holds-barred deity smack-downs are the stuff that ultimate challenges are made of.

Makes em more satisfyingly epic that way. And there's still a range of ways to use your deific powers, just like any other character.

If I'm in a campaign where I spent all that time actually building a deity (and it is a very time consuming process), then I want to go into the game feeling like there was a point to going through all that effort, and that involves combat.

Quoted for truth...because stating out a god is an epic-level feat in and of itself.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 10:25 PM
Maybe...this should be more of a freeform game, only bound by a few rules to keep things in check, but otherwise progress is based entirely on what each god does. This would, again, work well with what I suggested way back in one of the topic's first post...

..Although if we will also work through avatars and high priests, then maybe we could implement D&D rules in those situations.

HomerHT
2007-06-09, 10:26 PM
*pokes head in* I'd be interested in playing this as well. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 10:28 PM
*pokes head in* I'd be interested in playing this as well. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

Heh. With all the people interested, we could probably create our own pantheon!

Now THAT would be a fun campaign.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-09, 10:32 PM
Well, as I see it, we've had three major options outlined in this thread so far:

We play Dungeons and Dragons as deities. This entails a lot of work and a lot of planning; DnD is a game with countless variables and they increase only exponentially at these levels of power. Even still, there is something primally satisfying about knowing these limits and mechanics and working within them.
Using a different system designed specifically for divine characters. I'd recommend Nobilis as was suggested earlier; these games are built to handle these kinds of levels of power, but access, familiarity, etc. come into play, and it's not DnD.
Freeform. Or Freeformish.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 10:37 PM
Well, I suppose the system used will depend mainly on what we will play as at what times, if we will actually RP our important mortal followers, or leave their actions up to the DM, will we be playing in a universe that has been around or do we get to come up with our own planes, etc.

Ivius
2007-06-09, 10:42 PM
I think that I'd prefer D&D. I probably won't get another chance anytime soon to stat out a DEITY, which I have to admit I would enjoy very much. Plus there's familiarity.

As for my god, I think I'll be the god of Karma. A LN deity of luck. No SDAs really jump out at me, but Divine Blessing, Lay Curse, and Power of Luck seem promising. I have NO idea what class levels to take.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 10:43 PM
And a great deal of that would depend on the specific whims of the DM, should one even appear.

I can't think of a worse way to find one than to put out the call with a laundry list of demands. Unless we also kidnap his puppy, or something. :smalltongue:

The basic point: we be stymied, friends.

edit: further simufication. For what it's worth, though, I'd prefer D&D. I stat out deities fairly often, and run a high level campaign involving them when I'm at school. I know it can work, and I know it's a lot of fun. So...

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 10:45 PM
Noes!

Unless...quick. Someone get the dog food, thief outfits, and a net. We're going in.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-09, 10:51 PM
True, the major limiting factor here -is- a DM.

Have you ever had an idea like...on the tip of your mind? But you just can't wrap your brain around where it's going? Because right now, I'm caught entranced by the idea of a Deity of Gardens.

o-o

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-09, 10:52 PM
I can easily forsee an evil deity campaign consisting of evil gods trying to do away with the rest of the gods, particularly those of goodness, and possibly converting those of nuetrality in an attempt to tip the scales in their favor in a BIG way.

HomerHT
2007-06-09, 10:55 PM
With all the people interested, we could probably create our own pantheon!

Now THAT would be a fun campaign.

I'm a fan of this idea. Maybe have it start similar to the way the OotS world was created. Some overgod created a world, but being an overgod, doesn't rightly care to rule it, so he creates us, his pantheon to take care of the world. The campaign would probably focus not only on creating alliances, but forming the world. Maybe we actually go down and help out our worshippers. Combat can come into play when the overgod (in his haste to not deal with anything) happened to leave some kind of huge abomination that is laying waste to our towns. I also like the idea of being able to maybe do some freeform RP with say, our chosen high priest.

Again, all this puts forward is more questions and no answers as to how we would actually DO this (some mix of systems, perhaps?), but ideas are ideas, right?

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 10:59 PM
Uhm, yes....well, I suppose anything is possible. >_>

I've done a bit of thinking, and here's a way to minimize the work needed from the DM:

-Freeform RP/decision-making with the deities. That way, nobody has to stat them out, and nobody has to make an insane amount of rolls for the inevitable massive destructiony earth-ripping clashes between to great powers.
-Players work collaboratively to design multiverse. Each player creates and is in charge of his/her own plane, and the players discuss the rest and come up with something generally agreeable.
-Personal interaction with the worshipping masses. And the heading of great crusades for your cause (When you want to lead the charge in "person") will be managed by a D&D-statted avatar. I'm imagining this as a high-level character, templated as appropriate, and given one or two of the SDAs that you would have if the deities were actually statted out.

Feel free to suggest anything else that would even out the workload.

Ivius
2007-06-09, 11:00 PM
I know a few people over on MythWeavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php) that might be willing. I'll give them a PM.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-09, 11:02 PM
Uhm, yes....well, I suppose anything is possible. >_>

I've done a bit of thinking, and here's a way to minimize the work needed from the DM:

-Freeform RP/decision-making with the deities. That way, nobody has to stat them out, and nobody has to make an insane amount of rolls for the inevitable massive destructiony earth-ripping clashes between to great powers.
-Players work collaboratively to design multiverse. Each player creates and is in charge of his/her own plane, and the players discuss the rest and come up with something generally agreeable.
-Personal interaction with the worshipping masses. And the heading of great crusades for your cause (When you want to lead the charge in "person") will be managed by a D&D-statted avatar. I'm imagining this as a high-level character, templated as appropriate, and given one or two of the SDAs that you would have if the deities were actually statted out.

Feel free to suggest anything else that would even out the workload.

See now, that all sounds really good to me.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 11:09 PM
I know a few people over on MythWeavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php) that might be willing. I'll give them a PM.

You're a clever one, you are.

@Siggy (can I call you Siggy? I just want to know where I stand...): That is certainly a very interesting idea. I've not much else to say on it at the moment, but it bears consideration.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 11:10 PM
You're a clever one, you are.

@Siggy (can I call you Siggy? I just want to know where I stand...): That is certainly a very interesting idea. I've not much else to say on it at the moment, but it bears consideration.

...You can refer to me as whatever you like, as long as I can understand that you are actually referring to me. :smalltongue:

ilovefire
2007-06-09, 11:10 PM
First: I'd like to paly DnD. I'm a fair hand at stating deities (One time made an ECL 60 deitiy with 20 divine ranks. I still can't look at the character sheet without bursting into tears...), But i'd also not mind freeformish either.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 11:13 PM
...You can refer to me as whatever you like, as long as I can understand that you are actually referring to me. :smalltongue:

Yeah, I... uh... that was a joke. Because your name says 'Call you Siggy', but to obey, I'd be making a nickname and... yeah. It was lame, I know. :smallredface:

note to self (for the millionth time): jokes on the internet go over like a lead balloon covered in fat people (themselves lead covered) when not accompanied by emoticons...

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I... uh... that was a joke. Because your name says 'Call you Siggy', but to obey, I'd be making a nickname and... yeah. It was lame, I know. :smallredface:

note to self (for the millionth time): jokes on the internet go over like a lead balloon covered in fat people (themselves lead covered) when not accompanied by emoticons...

Well, at least I got what you were getting at. That being a joke. Really, it's not your fault so much as me expecting that something like that would happen sooner or later. Heheh...ehh...Not sure they have a smiley for this. Erm, :roach: ?

GryffonDurime
2007-06-09, 11:25 PM
Well, at least I got what you were getting at. That being a joke. Really, it's not your fault so much as me expecting that something like that would happen sooner or later. Heheh...ehh...Not sure they have a smiley for this. Erm, :roach: ?

Evil roach is an emotion?

"Honey, how are you feeling today?"

"Evil roach."

Yeah...humor doesn't translate well. Sarcasm fails with special splendor.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 11:29 PM
Evil roach is an emotion?

"Honey, how are you feeling today?"

"Evil roach."

Yeah...humor doesn't translate well. Sarcasm fails with special splendor.

I am of the school of though that all who regularly post in any forum should level-dip into Special Nonrestricted Paladin, for detect sarcasm.

Ivius
2007-06-09, 11:29 PM
I hate internet sarcasm with a passion.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-09, 11:35 PM
You know, a thought springs to mind: following Siggy's nifty suggestion (which is nifty incarnate, I think), we're basically collaborating on a campaign setting...which already requires a substantial amount of give and take. Assuming we have deities of enough varied ideals and alignments...is a DM necessary? Are we not already in competition for the same space and resources and worshipers?

The DM primarily serves three functions: establishing the setting (be it the world or the surrondings), providing challenges, and adjudicating rules.

How dysfunctional would a player-driven system be? I'm just wondering aloud here.

the_tick_rules
2007-06-09, 11:42 PM
I made myself a level 15 deity once cause i got the book and wanted to see what my character would be like as a god. The only prob with playing gods is so little can stand before them. when i calculated the power my annihilating strike would have, not even asmodeus could survive a hit from me.

PsyBlade
2007-06-09, 11:44 PM
You know, a thought springs to mind: following Siggy's nifty suggestion (which is nifty incarnate, I think), we're basically collaborating on a campaign setting...which already requires a substantial amount of give and take. Assuming we have deities of enough varied ideals and alignments...is a DM necessary? Are we not already in competition for the same space and resources and worshipers?

The DM primarily serves three functions: establishing the setting (be it the world or the surrondings), providing challenges, and adjudicating rules.

How dysfunctional would a player-driven system be? I'm just wondering aloud here.

Not sure how bad it would be, but that doesn't stop us from at least seeing if we can make the basics of the world first.

Also, we should at least get our DvRs, Domains, and Profiles down. Even if we go through a freeform style when in Deity Mode, it is still important to know what we can and cannot give our followers.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 11:45 PM

A little dysfunctional normally, perhaps a bit more considering the kind of scale this is on. Giving the players full control over everything could work when used properly by them, but otherwise we have, to be frank, a power-trip orgy. Although all the people who have expressed interest seem to be smart and able to handle something like that, but a DM still might be needed to run the world outside of the followers of each god/player. Hey, there's something to add a fun element to it. Give the players control over the masses that bow to their every whim.

Ahh...niftiness incarnate, you say? Not sure how to respond. I'm a little surprised you like it so much, it was just some ideas I tossed around in a couple of minutes...:smallredface:

EDIT:On second thought, player-controlled is souning more appealing-we'll have to think on that.

The_Snark
2007-06-09, 11:46 PM

Hey... that's not a half bad idea. It might be a little tricky, of course, given that the players either have to conflict with an outside force (usually supplied by the DM) or with one another, which can create problems without someone to oversee things. It could work, though, especially if the players coordinate ahead of time on who's going to gain more followers where.

That'd be for indirect conflicts like gaining followers and wars; the actual gods/avatars could have stats if we felt like it, or just remain freeform.

One advantage to this system is that gods actually could be immortal; it would be very cool for some of the gods to have regular conflicts with one another, such as Ra's daily battle with Apep to make the sun rise. If the characters are actually unkillable, a system like this could work very well.

If we did a player-driven pantheon, I'd play, I think.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 11:52 PM
Talk about hard work...

Actually, that could be a lot of fun. I'm not entirely sure how everything would work, this concept being entirely new to me, but that definitely sounds like an area worth exploring.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-09, 11:55 PM
Obviously, we'd have to arrange some boundaries. Anything can be vetoed by our fictitious overdeity at like...a 3/4 vote of the players, just to make sure no one tries to pull a one-turn victory.

I don't know. Might be worth a try. Again, I'm just throwing the options out there, given that the number of DMs comfortable and willing to DM such a campaign is a small, elite number indeed.

...And I'm still stuck on the idea of a psionic deity of gardens.
o-O

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 11:58 PM
Another idea has dawned upon me.

-A player without a god. Someone who is not the DM, but does not have any god or idea that he/she represents. Someone to control the people who aren't the fervent followers and devotees to death (OK, I'll stop with the alliteration) of our little players. To give this one his/her own plane...I'd say let whoever's in this position be in charge of designing the Material Plane-or our Multiverse's equivalent.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 12:03 AM
Another idea has dawned upon me.

-A player without a god. Someone who is not the DM, but does not have any god or idea that he/she represents. Someone to control the people who aren't the fervent followers and devotees to death (OK, I'll stop with the alliteration) of our little players. To give this one his/her own plane...I'd say let whoever's in this position be in charge of designing the Material Plane-or our Multiverse's equivalent.

I just got an image of the God of Mortality fighting against the Deity of Atheism.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 12:05 AM
I just got an image of the God of Mortality fighting against the Deity of Atheism.

The latter's existence might cause the whole thing to explode shortly after it was created. Or just let there be a screwy cosmic order-what do we have to lose, the mortals won't figure it out until they die. :smallamused:

ilovefire
2007-06-10, 12:09 AM
Heh, what'd be even more funny would be the God of Agnosticism. "I don't know if I exist or not."

... holy crap, he'd be the god of quantum physics, too!

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 12:11 AM
Heh, what'd be even more funny would be the God of Agnosticism. "I don't know if I exist or not."

... holy crap, he'd be the god of quantum physics, too!

Herald-a 20 HD Celestial cat. In a box.

PsyBlade
2007-06-10, 12:13 AM
Heheh, some funny concepts and good ideas. I really hope we get to game this.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 12:31 AM
Heheh, some funny concepts and good ideas. I really hope we get to game this.

Indeed. It's probably going to be coming into existence (Pun not intended) sooner than we think if we don't need a DM. How many players d'ya suppose will compose the pantheon? One for each alignment at least, I'd say...with others coming in, but we might not want it to get too crowded.

ilovefire
2007-06-10, 12:50 AM
Well, I'm calling either LG or LN for my deity of Music, Loyalty, and War. Just going ahead and saying. I'd prefer LN, mostly because I imagine the LG slot's reserved for a paladinny deity.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 12:52 AM
LG slot's reserved for a paladinny deity.

Mine. Mineminemineminemine. >.>

Although with this turnout, and if everything goes as planned (Muhahaha), we'll have room for extra gods of a couple alignments.

Jannex
2007-06-10, 12:55 AM
I do have my doubts about how successful/easy-to-wrangle this sort of game would be without a DM, but if that becomes the consensus, I'm still willing to give it a try. We'd definitely have to lay down some ground rules first, though.

I suppose I'll call dibs on my preferred concept/portfolio now; I'll go for some version of a fertility/nature goddess (though depending on the setting, that'll probably have to be narrowed or focused some; in the deities game my friend had been going to run, I was going to play the "Lady of the Oasis," so the concept will probably borrow something from that, depending on setting).

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 01:02 AM
Neutral Good for me, I think.

Something in the vein of Mind/Charm/Creation for my musey kind of character.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 01:03 AM
Actually, I would stay away from deciding what sort of god you are based on alignment... since we're designing our own multiverse, it would be nice to have planes other than the plane of Lawful Good, the plane of Lawful Neutral, etc...

Instead, I'd pick a god based on a portfolio or concept. So instead of designing a god of lawful good or a god of paladins, you'd probably want to make a god of honor and chivalry, or humility and loyalty, or whatever. Then assign the alignments afterward; sometimes it'll be easy, as with a god of free-thinking philosophers or a god of thieves, but I think the pantheon will end up more interesting that way and less like the standard D&D pantheon.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 01:06 AM
Shamelessly stolen from a nearby thread...perhaps something more akin to these (http://keirsey.com/matrix.html) would serve as better guides to possible "alignments", then?

ilovefire
2007-06-10, 01:25 AM
Well, Loyalty, war, and Music. that's what I started with, really--expanded a bit on personality, and he ended up being LG, or at least LN with LG tendancies, so...

Ramos
2007-06-10, 01:36 AM
If you want to have an idea how a level 40, rank 4 deity looks like in stats, here's an example sheet:

http://www.rpgwebprofiler.net/view.php?id=49171

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 01:38 AM
Further examples (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=11390), I suppose.

Though Vakira's actually ECL 47 and Shiver looks to be the full ECL 50, given our races and templates.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 05:27 AM
I still want to play, you know. But time zones mixed with shoddy wireless makes it hard to post.

And I'm still calling dibs on the childlike Chaotic Good God of Joy.

The Glyphstone
2007-06-10, 05:39 AM
..I can't believe I hadn't remembered this yet...

Anyone remember the EverDream? The ultimate freeform Deity RPG, run by Armin, lasted for what seemed like forever? Now THAT was a god-PC game...

As an aside, I think the slow pace of Ascension is tied to Belial having poor access to the boards - something about the internet filters at the university...

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 07:27 AM
Since we're calling dibs on deities, I've been playing with this idea for a while...

CN God of Dreams

Anyway, back to the whole DM thing, we may at least need a DM to get some of the basics down. Like I said in one of my other posts, they'd be like an Overgod. When needed, the DM/Overgod can come in and settle any potential armageddon-inducing problems and then go back to not caring like Overgods do. The DM may only need to check in once a week, but it gives us some boundries so we don't have the "power trip orgy". (good term :smallsmile: )

PsyBlade
2007-06-10, 09:33 AM
Well further thinking results in this:
PsyBlade
CG God of Darkness
Domains: Magic, Trickery, Chaos
Portfolio: Darkness, Illusions, Sorcery, Fear
Weapon: Longsword

My clerics would be required to be also Fighters, Sorcerers or Wizards. To gain favor, they must be Illusionists that gave up Evocation and Conjuration, or if Sorcerers then they must have spell focus in Illusions (Evocation and Conjuration here is still allowed, but Sorcerers get less favor period). Remember I do things subtly or have someone else do it for me. If I want to blast something, that's what Shadow Evocation is for. If I want to call something, that's what Shadow Conjuration is for.

Yes, I'll be an Illusionist with those schools banned. I'll probably be an Archmage, and have a few levels in Fighter so that I can master the Longsword. And a few levels in Sorcerer for Bluff as a class skill. I'll be saving points until then. My four maxed skills will be Bluff, Intimidate, Knowledge (Arcana), Spellcraft.

What? You want to know why Fighter? My concept can actually fight with a sword. Quite well I might add. And he secretly feels sorry for pure melee beings.

Edit: My home is the entire Demi-Plane of Darkness. No one else is allowed without first 'knocking'.

Are we rolling, or Point Buy?

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 09:36 AM
Uh.. a Chaotic Good deity with fear as part of his portfolio?

I think you may need to rethink that.

PsyBlade
2007-06-10, 09:37 AM
Well, if it's allowed, he has Neutral Tendencies on the Good/Evil Axis.

If not, then I might be CN/TN with Good Tendencies.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 09:41 AM
What on earth are "Tendencies", anyway? Why do people keep going on about them? Was there some optional rules supplement ages ago that introduced "Neutral Evil with Good Tendencies" or something?

I think D&D needs to start using a five-point alignment scale. The morality axis can be Good, Nice, Neutral, Naughty and Evil, and the ethic..ality axis can be Chaotic, Impulsive, Neutral, Ordered and Lawful.

Or something.

Impulsive Nice? That's my deity.

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 10:10 AM
I got bored this morning so I decided to type up a little about my deity. Also made his holy symbol my avatar :smalltongue:

Kashardaler (cash-ARD-dah-lehr)
Lord of Dreams, The Sandman
Symbol: Hourglass against a background of purple clouds (see avatar)
Home Plane: Dreamscape
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Portfolio: Sleep, trances, dreams, nightmares, dream interpretation
Cleric Alignments: CG, CN, CE
Domains: Chaos, Magic, Knowledge
Favored Weapon: "Dreamcatcher" (whip)

Dogma: Dreams are powerful beyond measure. They grant insight into all that is, was, and ever will be. Heed the messages your dreams bring you. Assist others in interpreting their dreams so that the true meaning is not misconstrued. Always remember the duality of dreams: a good dream is a blessing and sign of good things to come, while a nightmare is a punishment and an omen for dark days. Sleep is a divine state; never disrupt someone's state of rest unless it is of the utmost import.

Critiques?

Also, since we actually need to decide on things, I'm tossing in a vote for Siggy's ideas. Should we try and arrange a time for a few people to get together online and talk about semantics? Or do we need to hire a DM first?

PsyBlade
2007-06-10, 10:10 AM
Was reading a post on plants and their alchemical uses. I've decided to use excess points to give my char a little alchemical botany skills. A plant that grows in his home will be the Blood Petal. Sure it's supposed to be Yasgard, but nothing prevents him from taking it out of its natural environment or making the plant his to begin with. Also, it is used for potions of Heroism or to put the imbider into a 1-3 day rage, so it might not be appropriate, but dangonit I want to add a quirk or two to my char so why can't I have him have a like for this plant (and botany as a result).

Cade Shadow
2007-06-10, 10:30 AM
I would like to join in, as a god of Good, honesty and benevolence, since that area seems to be missing.

But I am also willing to try my hand as DM, just be mindful that I haven't DM'd before.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 10:32 AM
Homer? You can only have three domains, unless you picked up the Extra Domain DLA.

And, as everyone else is doing it...

Baiyan (BYE-an)
Happy One, the Blissful God
Symbol: Apple blossoms
Home Plane: Arborea
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Portfolio: Happiness, simple pleasures, love
Cleric Alignments: NG, CG, CN
Domains: Joy, Pleasure, Trickery
Favored Weapon: Sap

Dogma: Baiyan teaches that the best pleasures in life can often be the simple ones. While joy can be found in many ways, true joy can be tainted if it is at another's expense. A playful prank meant to make the recipient laugh is alright, but a cruel joke or sadistic torture are certainly out-of-bounds for Baiyan's followers.

Appearance: Baiyan usually appear as a young elven boy, or, rarely, as a gnome or halfling adult. He has golden hair and tanned skin, lightly scuffed in places, giving him a youthful rogueishness even when he appears as an adult. He often appears wearing plain clothes and carrying nothing but his two saps, Peace and Tranquility.

Followers: Baiyan, being such a kind and gentle god, can have followers from any race and class, although more martial people tend to avoid him due to his dogma of finding nonviolent solutions to most problems. He counts many good rogues and bards among his followers, and his clerics are apt to take vows of Peace and Nonviolence.

I would like to join in, as a god of Good, honesty and benevolence, since that area seems to be missing (I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but if this board is like others, that WILL be an area lacking)

Lacking good and benevolent gods? Uh-huh...

Illiterate Scribe
2007-06-10, 10:53 AM
If it's not too late to throw my hat into the ring, I think that I'll weigh in with this, which, probably as a result of listening to too much Nitin Sawney, has been circulating in my head -
The Illiterate Scribe
The Patient Watcher; Death, Destroyer of Worlds
Symbol: A circle, utterly black on one side, utterly
Home Plane: The Observatory (
Alignment: Neutral Good
Portfolio: Those who wait, the space between planes, the destruction of planes, the underlying fabric of reality
Cleric Alignments: LG, NG, CG, TN
Domains: Time, Spell, Destiny,
Favoured Weapon: 'Winnower' (Heavy Flail)
Notable class levels: High level Erudite

Teaching: You know what you must do. Do not trouble yourselves with the affairs of the other divine beings, but instead go forth into the world, doing what is good unimpeded by what others may think. But be ever vigilant; should you find yourselves in despair over what happens in a plane, and there is no help, and the life of the multiverse is at risk, then call me, for I shall listen, and I shall come; and I am Death, Destroyer of Worlds.

Summary: Effectively an interplanar caretaker - fairly inconspicuous most of the time, merely gathering information and knowledge about how the multiverse as a whole works - a sort of proto-physicist. If, however, something Bad, (and that is Bad, with a capital B) takes place, that threatens the safety of the multiverse as whole, the Patient Watcher takes major action to either destroy, cut off, or save that plane, and is utterly ruthless when doing this - it's for the greater good.

Critiques?

PsyBlade
2007-06-10, 11:00 AM
After some more thought here is my close to finalized PsyBlade:

Well further thinking results in this:
PsyBlade
CN God of Darkness, prefers good over evil though
Domains: Magic, Trickery, Chaos
Portfolio: Darkness, Illusions, Sorcery, Fear
Symbol: A Black Longsword, Sometimes speckled with tiny white dots/stars
Weapon: Longsword

My clerics would be required to be also Fighters, Sorcerers or Wizards.

30th Wizard, 5th Archmage, 4th Fighter, and 1st Sorcerer, are the classes (and levels) for this guy. My four maxed skills will be Bluff, Intimidate, Knowledge (Arcana), and Spellcraft. High Arcana: Arcane Reach x2, Mastery of Counterspelling, Mastery of Elements, Mastery of Shaping.

What? You want to know why Fighter? My concept can actually fight with a sword. Quite well I might add. And he secretly feels sorry for pure melee beings.

PsyBlade enjoys puppetry, botany, and studying magic. [Must add more to his personality. There is more, but I'm not good at putting it into words, GAH!]

My home is the entire Demi-Plane of Darkness. No one else is allowed without first 'knocking'.

Dogma: Fear is a powerful force, as is Shadow. Do not become fearless, fear is a great asset. Do not fear Shadow, but be weary of what hides in it. Control these and be unstoppable. Let them control you and be a puppet. That is your choice.

Whatcha'll think?

edit: I call dibs on Black Tentacles. That spell is now named: PsyBlade's Black Tentacles. Any problems with that?

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 11:09 AM
..Why are people naming their gods after themselves..?

Illiterate Scribe
2007-06-10, 11:13 AM
Vanity! And because I can't think of any other decent non-specific mystical names at the moment ...

PsyBlade
2007-06-10, 11:45 AM
It's not naming my character after myself.
It's more like naming myself after the character I created. I have been imagining PsyBlade for quite some time now (almost a decade). Therefor it's the first char I think of in RPs. I have others of similar situation too.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-06-10, 11:52 AM
I hate internet sarcasm with a passion.

No, really?

For a god campaign you'd probably have them as starting out gods.

Maybe have a post apocalyptic setting where the old gods have all died and the characters are the next generation of gods in a young world.

I've stated a few dieties at Divine Rank 5 with 40 HD made up of 20 Dragon HD and 20 levels in d20 modern classes.

ilovefire
2007-06-10, 12:28 PM
Well,e veryone else is doing it, so!

Sir Michael the Warrior
The Loyal Bard; the Friend of Soldiers
Symbol: A drum-shaped shield with an overlain longsword, the point going downwards.
Home Plane: (Undecided)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Portfolio: Soldiers, friends, war, music
Domains: War, Army, Protection
Cleric Alignments: LG, NG, LN, CG.
Favored Weapon: Longsword

Sir Michael the Warrior is the patron deity of war, those who fight in it, those who would do anything to protect others, and of bards and music. His clerics lead armies, playing their wardrums or singing and orating the epics of previous battles, and protect those under their care with their lives, if they must. He preaches that you should not fear for your life, but the lives of others, and that to selflessly give your mortal life for the sake of another is the most, and least, you can ever be expected to do. To waste lives so that you may live, that is the highest sin.

His clerics tend to be multiclass Cleric/Bards (And his clerics may advance in levels in bard even if they have a lawful alignment), or Cleric/Marshalls, with most regular warshippers being Marshals, Marshal/Bards, Fighter/Bards, Regular Bards, or Fighter/Marshals, with a few paladins claiming allegiance to the Soldier's Friend.

His Herald is a Trumpet Archon with 10 levels in Bard, 5 levels in Fighter, and 5 levels in Marshall.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 12:35 PM
A Lawful Good deity with Chaotic Good clerics? Something seems wrong about that.

PsyBlade
2007-06-10, 12:40 PM
Normally a cleric of a deity must be within 1 step on the alignment scale. CG is 2 steps from LG. You'll need to add something to your portfolio to explain it.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 12:52 PM
No, really?

For a god campaign you'd probably have them as starting out gods.

Maybe have a post apocalyptic setting where the old gods have all died and the characters are the next generation of gods in a young world.

I've stated a few dieties at Divine Rank 5 with 40 HD made up of 20 Dragon HD and 20 levels in d20 modern classes.

Hmm. Sounds like an interesting option...Now to determine my portfolio.

Siggy
LG god of chivalry and honor
Domains:Glory, War, Healing, Protection
Portfolio:Knights, Helping, strength of the soul, Determination
Symbol:A gauntlet, wrapped in light, touching a wound
Weapon:Lance

I have an order of Paladins, Some of which multiclass into Clerics, but there's a few requirements...

When you enter my service, you enter as a squire (1st level Paladin) and remain that way no matter how many levels in Paladin or any other class you take. Once you are accepted into one of the Groups (Shining Blades, Gray Guards, Fists, Hospitalers-each represented by taking levels in the respective PrCs) then you are a full fledged Knight. A Cleric would probably be something like Paladin 6/Cleric 3/Hospitaler 10.

The god's levels would be Paladin 5/Shining Blade 10/Gray Guard 5/Fist of Siggy (Instead of Raziel) 10/Hospitaler 10.

I will be very active in the mortal world (For a god), giving prophecies, announcements, and the occasional holy quest to a squire that shows promise. Most of this will be done by my four heralds (Each a Solar Paladin 10/one of the aforementioned PrCs 10), but I will occasionally send down my Avatar.

I will reside in a fortress which is itself a demi-plane...think MMM.

Dogma:When you have started something, always finish it. If you cannot fight evil directly, then subvert it by healing its victims. When you judge, judge wisely and remember that nobody is beyond redemption.

mauslin
2007-06-10, 12:53 PM
If anyone's curious, there's a game like this running right now, though it uses a custom system. It's called Evolution. Beginning gods get called immortals

Site with the rules (http://evo.isgreat.org/)
OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42282)
IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43113)

It's actually a two part game. There's rules for being an immortal, and another set for being a 'species'. A species is a race of mortals, i.e. the people you have to convince to worship you to get powers.

You can chose to play as an immortal or as a species. In the larger planned game I'm planning to play a species called the Kess (see sig for link).

Right now, only mini-games are being run. (One for immortals, one for species). It's too late to join the immortal one though. But he's planning on running another one in the future. Eventually he's going to combine the two games :)

Anyways, take a look

ilovefire
2007-06-10, 01:16 PM
Yes, usually a cleric must be within one alignment step of their deity, but that has been relaxed in the past depending on campaing world. Eberron, anyone? I'm not saying we do directly at eberron, but my Deity would have no problem with CG worshippers as long as they followed his tenants, so.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 01:27 PM
If anyone's curious, there's a game like this running right now, though it uses a custom system. It's called Evolution.

Yes, yes. Evolution has existed for well over a year in some form or another. I'd be surprised if no one here had ever heard of it.

But that's not what anyone here is actually looking for.

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 01:54 PM
What we need to do then is find what we're all looking for. We need to arrange a time to meet and discuss what we want this thing to actually be. Do we want to meet on AIM or something to discuss? I think we just need some people to take charge and decide what this will be, since there is apparent interest in it. If anyone is interested in batting ideas around, my AIM is CheezeeGuy. IM me even if I'm away, I'll be checking back often today.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 01:58 PM
Everyone else is doing it...

Ayna
The Stellar Goddess, The Heart of Divinity
Domains: Mind, Charm, Creation
Portfolio:Stars, art, emotion, inspiration, light
Symbol: A six-point star burst faceted with a glittering jewel.
Weapon: Longspear

Ayna is a goddess of the emotional world: she is the heart, the soul, the mind. She is the patron and defender of artists of all kinds, and though she may be among the gentlest of deities in the choice of her domain, when acting in defense of her charges and worshipers her fury can burn like the heart of a star.

Ayna's worshipers a diverse bunch: she supports any who champion emotion and art, but her clergy is made up of more than just clerics; there are also a handful of divine bards, and psionicists of all flavors.

Ayna is sometime invoked as a goddess of revenge, notably when a follower has been scorned: emotion covers both the good and the bad aspects of the human heart, and the power that can be drawn from either.

Dogma: Never betray your own emotions without just cause; never desecrate something that is beautiful within or without; live as you will so long as you do not tread upon the will of others.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 02:05 PM
Well, personally, I like either the idea of a brand new world which our characters have been put in charge of, or a post-apocalyptic world where all the old gods have died and our gods are charged with being the new pantheon.

Also, I think we might want to work out some relationships between the gods, if, indeed, they even know one another when the game actually starts...

I can see some sort of alliance between Baiyan and Ayna, for instance...

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 02:12 PM
Woo, go Deities of Emotion!

I still can't decide how to actually -build- Ayna. My gut instinct is a simple, 40th Level Wilder...Wild Surging +11 with Surging Euphoria +5 is just so fitting.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 02:17 PM
We have a lot of gods of human traits and emotions here... I'm thinking of doing a deity of elemental water here.

Have we decided whether we'll be statting up the deities yet, or just their avatars?

And if we're all going to start typing up our gods, we might want to make a thread in the OOC game forums...

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 02:20 PM
Hmm...playing up the "Creation" angle from the artsy fartsiness...is there an Epic progression to the Artificer?:smallbiggrin:

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 02:22 PM
I doubt it. It'd have to be in an Ebberon book, and that wouldn't really make sense, because Ebberon doesn't really have epic characters.

Go with wilder! It's a fun class.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 02:30 PM
I doubt it. It'd have to be in an Ebberon book, and that wouldn't really make sense, because Ebberon doesn't really have epic characters.

Go with wilder! It's a fun class.

I know, but there's so much fun involved with being the Mother of All Artifacts.

In a literal sense.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 02:31 PM
There are DSAs to make artifacts. With very high Divine Rank prerequisites, but still... And all deities can create any magic item, even without the feat, as long as they know the right spells. Having the feats cuts the XP and GP costs in half.

So... artificier is pretty pointless as a deity.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 02:34 PM
There are DSAs to make artifacts. And all deities can create any magic item, even without the feat, as long as they know the right spells.

So... artificier is pretty pointless as a deity.

Not really...the Create Artifact SDA requires all the other Item Creation feats anyway, the Artificer can always create any spell even a few levels higher than normal, has a craft reserve, can break down old items to recycle XP...

Seriously.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 02:35 PM
Couldn't you just go with 20 artificier levels and 20 wilder levels?

If we even get forty levels to play with, I mean..

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 02:37 PM
Couldn't you just go with 20 artificier levels and 20 wilder levels?

If we even get forty levels to play with, I mean..

Well, yes, but then I'm trading in a lot of power.

I might just make an Educated Wilder 40 and invest in the Item Creation feats for Psionics.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 02:38 PM
Well, yes, but then I'm trading in a lot of power.

I might just make an Educated Wilder 40 and invest in the Item Creation feats for Psionics.

Uh.. you're playing a god. Who needs epic spellcasting?!

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 02:40 PM
Uh.. you're playing a god. Who needs epic spellcasting?!

Sorry; the last god game I was in was pretty much ruled by anyone who could epic-metamagic buff themselves into infinity.

It's hard to shake the mental image.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 02:41 PM
Gods (hah!), I hope this game doesn't become a powergaming slash-'n'-hack-fest...

I want roleplaying, damnit.. :smallfrown:

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 02:45 PM
Gods (hah!), I hope this game doesn't become a powergaming slash-'n'-hack-fest...

As do I...

So then. Wilder 40. And able to manifest as if I was 51st level.

o-O. Yes. That'll do.

Anyway...yes. I think we need to move our thread action towards one of the other forums if we're actually going to try and get together a set of rules and whatnot. And they'd probably be easier to attract a potential Overdeity/GM/Faciliator/What-have-you

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 02:46 PM

http://209.85.48.11/9082/156/emo/Indeed.gif

This type of game is, as has been said many times, very conducive to roleplay.

EDIT:So, should we post in recruiting or OOC?

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 02:47 PM
Agreed with the less emphasis on hack 'n' slash. My deity would get pummeled by just about anyone...

EDIT: Post in OOC, I say...but we still need to know what kind of game this is...

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 02:49 PM
I move that we post in Recruiting. Three months is plenty of time to find a willing Ao-analogue.

ilovefire
2007-06-10, 02:49 PM
One: Michael'd be quite the, umm... non-twinked dietiy, i think so more RP is good for me.

and Let's go ahead and put it in OOC, we should have plenty that we dont' need to recruit more.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I'd like to try to stay away from unnecessarily powerful characters... the game is more fun when it's not a race to see who can be immune to everything fastest.

I'm liking the idea of a fickle and sometimes cruel nature deity, either a desert or an ocean deity.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 02:57 PM
We seem to be having a huge outcry for OOC, but I suppose we can wait at least for today, so everyone else who expressed interest can have a say.

Cade Shadow
2007-06-10, 03:08 PM
We seem to be having a huge outcry for OOC, but I suppose we can wait at least for today, so everyone else who expressed interest can have a say.

I would like to cement my decision to play DM, if we don't do the player-based system.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 03:10 PM
I would like to cement my decision to play DM, if we don't do the player-based system.

Well, we could have both if we go by that "player who controls those who are not clerics, outsiders, avatars and the deity itself" thing. >_>

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 03:12 PM
That's pretty much what the DM is, Siggy. The player who runs all the other characters.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 03:18 PM
Well, yes, but in this case it's a little different. There isn't really going to be anything powerful enough to stand up to a god, and as I understand it the actual deities will be immortal. Instead of facing outside threats, most of the conflict will be between the players, or less direct conflict between the players and the 'DM', who would control the rulers of nations (those that weren't priests, anyway) and anything else that wasn't already controlled by a god. Given that the players will be controlling their devout priests and the like already, the difference between them and the DM isn't so great.

That's how I've been seing the game, anyway... maybe other people had different ideas.

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 03:22 PM
^I concur. The DM/Overgod would be almost exactly like the players in that he would have followers (anyone not following us needs someone to contro their actions) and be able to control their actions. The only difference is that he'd be supremely powerful, occasionally hand out epic deity-level quests, and mediate conflicts between us so that we don't wipe out the world.

...That's how I see it anyway.

PsyBlade
2007-06-10, 03:31 PM
I concur with the above poster.

I also concur on the OOC thread.

Almost forgot:
Ayna and PsyBlade have opposing portfolios. Psy has Darkness, Ayna has light. Definately tension between the two.

Ivius
2007-06-10, 03:32 PM
Peer pressure is fun!

Istarzin
The Cruel Benefactor, The Scales
Domains: Luck, Law, Destruction, Protection
Portfolio: Balance, Fate, Reward, Punishment
Symbol: Scales, with a sun on one side and a moon on the other
Weapon: Warhammer

Istarzin is the deity of just reward and punishment. A drought lasting years upon a cruel nation, or a fog crucial to the victory of a kind and just settlement over a tyrant can both be attributed to him. He is often portrayed as a father, dropping coins into one child's hand, and slapping another lightly on the forehead. His worshipers are often found among government officials, and prayers to him are often said before a trail.

Dogma: Do unto others as they do unto you. Never let an act of cruelty go unpunished, and never let an act of kindness go unrewarded.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 03:37 PM
Oh... hey, everyone. Deific knowledge! How much would our deities know of the workings of the world?

Would a deity be more likely to refer to a "rogue" or "swordsage" than a mortal? Would a spellcasting deity know exactly why he can only cast eleven ninth level spells per day, and attribute this to spell slots?

I know a deity would never mention something like XP. But what about divine rank? Spell resistance? Damage reduction?

Illiterate Scribe
2007-06-10, 03:43 PM
That's exactly what my character is trying to find out :smallcool: !

I also wondered about this - at a more general level, has anyone noticed that all time in the entire multiverse has a single, general 'heart-beat' of six seconds to it? That one can only cast a spell upon which one has used a ritual of quickening upon only every six seconds, and that every commoner can only swing a punch every six seconds? It's exactly the sort of thing deities with too much time and mind-shattering power on their hands would be able to look into.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 03:48 PM
I don't think Baiyan would be that interested in the concept of time, personally.

Time Stop as a spell-like ability at will, baby. :smallcool:

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 03:53 PM
Oh... hey, everyone. Deific knowledge! How much would our deities know of the workings of the world?

Would a deity be more likely to refer to a "rogue" or "swordsage" than a mortal? Would a spellcasting deity know exactly why he can only cast eleven ninth level spells per day, and attribute this to spell slots?

I know a deity would never mention something like XP. But what about divine rank? Spell resistance? Damage reduction?

Inclined to say no to most of these, although they might be able to tell you that only silver will truly harm a werewolf, to kill a certain demon lord you have to use a weapon tempered with the blood of an angel, and that most forms of magic have limits (and maybe what those approximate limits are). They might also know that another deity has more deific power for whatever reason, and that it takes a skilled mage to enspell a demon, and so on.

Basically, the same as what most characters know, albeit extremely knowledgeable characters. Deities have the intelligence and time to figure this stuff out, but it's at these levels that everything starts to blur together; the six-second heartbeat is rather obscured by Multispell and the varying amounts of attacks different gods and people will have.

Illiterate Scribe
2007-06-10, 03:57 PM
Time Stop as a spell-like ability at will, baby. :smallcool:

One thing I've never understood about Deities - they have time stop at will. Some of them will be able to cast explosive runes and delayed blast fireball at will, too. They're immortal. They don't require sustenance. They could create an arbitarily large number of the things.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 03:59 PM
Where do you think all those Wands of Cure Light Wounds come from? Clerics? Hah! No, it's the gods, wasting time.

And artifacts are, generally, created by deities. There are a lot of artifacts running about on the planes. How many Decks of Many Things are there, do you think? Amulets of the Sphere? Sure, some are unique, but many aren't.

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 04:00 PM
I say we have an extremely intricate knowledge of how our world works. We would know that our Overgod has given us our abilities and what they all do, but we don't know most of the numbers behind it (exact DCs and such), but certain ones we have a vague knowledge of. Like, we know what level of deity everyone is, but exact ranks are unknown.

Illiterate Scribe
2007-06-10, 04:01 PM
You could probably work it out though - levels of wizard 1-17 would give you some benchmark of the level system, as you can measure out the even increase of power.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 04:02 PM
I think HomerHT pegged it. We know what the universe acts like in RP terms, but not game mechanics.

PsyBlade
2007-06-10, 04:07 PM
Agreed, we should know how our universe works in RP terms not actual mechanics. Though the more knowledge inclined will notice certain things.

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 04:11 PM
Just has an idea for actually making a world...

Each player makes their own continent (not your deity's continent, just a continent). Then, we put them all together in a way that makes sense. This way, we have a world with the basics in place, but there's room for it to grow. We'd need nothing big from everybody, just notable cities, terrain, native monsters and whatnot. If you want, you can make a city that is mostly dedicated to your deity, though.

If we can just make a makeshift world, there will be room for us gods to mold it through RP.

Thoughts?

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 04:16 PM

Each player makes their own continent (not your deity's continent, just a continent). Then, we put them all together in a way that makes sense. This way, we have a world with the basics in place, but there's room for it to grow. We'd need nothing big from everybody, just notable cities, terrain, native monsters and whatnot. If you want, you can make a city that is mostly dedicated to your deity, though.

If we can just make a makeshift world, there will be room for us gods to mold it through RP.

Thoughts?

Hmm. I guess this is similar to what we already have, but on a smaller, more detailed scale. Here's the question:Will it be on the scale of a single Planet, Universe, or Multiverse? I personally would like to go with Multiverse, because that leaves room for many, many gods. If we did it on the scale of one planet, then with all the interest shown, there would probably be way too many continents...

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 04:17 PM

Thoughts?

I like it. A lot of gods sound like they'd want to have their own domain, so here's my suggestion: Everyone has their own divine realm, which is sort-of on a different plane of existence, but connected. So a god of fire's realm might be reachable through a dormant volcano, a god of death might have his realm accessible by going off the edge of the world, the god of battle might have a fortress in the sky. Gods who wanted a completely separate realm could do that, but it's more fun if mortals can actually attempt heroic journeys to our domain.

As for continents, I think most of this ought to be up to our quasi-DM, but we can definitely provide suggestions as to what we think ought to be there.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 04:19 PM
Having a home on the Material Plane certainly fits Baiyan. Although he probably wouldn't have a huge sprawling fortress or anything; in fitting with his nature, he'd probably have a simple shack in a serene glade, perhaps next to a mountain spring.

As for the whole scale issue.. I think this should be set in the pre-existing Great Wheel, to be perfectly honest. We can have our own demiplanes, of course, but our gods are mainly relegated to working with their personal Crystal Sphere in the Material Plane.

We're not very powerful, as gods go. I think the consensus was Divine Rank 1?

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 04:24 PM
Having a home on the Material Plane certainly fits Baiyan. Although he probably wouldn't have a huge sprawling fortress or anything; in fitting with his nature, he'd probably have a simple shack in a serene glade, perhaps next to a mountain spring.

As for the whole scale issue.. I think this should be set in the pre-existing Great Wheel, to be perfectly honest. We can have our own demiplanes, of course, but our gods are mainly relegated to working with their personal Crystal Sphere in the Material Plane.

We're not very powerful, as gods go. I think the consensus was Divine Rank 1?

Erm, I think it was 4, although I could be mistaken...However, I still stick to the idea that we make our own Great Wheel, each god/goddess in charge of its own plane/demiplane, and we collectively come up with a couple more. The semi-DM is in charge of our Multiverse's equivalent of the Material Plane.

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 04:29 PM
^The problem with making the quasi-DM make the world is that it's a lot of work. If our Ao is up to it, s/he can do it if they want.

I like the idea of us each having our own divine realm (I think Kashardaler's is awesome), and that they're all connected. If we start off low on ranks, I'd like for us to gradually be able to move up. My preference is we all start off Rank 6, but I won't pitch a fit if you guys decide something different :smalltongue:

EDIT: On the level thing, we may not be using stats that much, but everyone should probably come up with the basic information (domains and such), stats (deities' total stats usually add up to 180-190, with 24 being the minimum), 40 class levels, and maybe 5 or so skills that the deity has most of their ranks in. This keeps it nice and simple and you can always do more if you want to play "pimp my god"

EDIT 2: I'll be going out for a little while and won't be able to post...don't ruin the world while I'm gone! :smalltongue:

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 04:33 PM
Erm, I think it was 4, although I could be mistaken...However, I still stick to the idea that we make our own Great Wheel, each god/goddess in charge of its own plane/demiplane, and we collectively come up with a couple more. The semi-DM is in charge of our Multiverse's equivalent of the Material Plane.

On divine rank- I don't think we'd ever reached any consensus on divine rank or on levels, actually. Are we going to be using the Dicefreaks revision of the deity system, which was linked back on the first page?

As for making our own cosmology, I agree, but I'm still in favor of the gods having only a small personal plane, usually attached to the Material Plane somehow, rather than making a Great Wheel-like multiverse full of lots of infinite planes. It'd be more similar to mythological cosmologies; the Greeks had Hades, Tartarus, and Olympus.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 04:37 PM
I don't want to use the Dicefreaks system... because I've been reading Deities and Demigods a lot in the past few hours and I don't want that to be wasted! :smallfrown:

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 04:41 PM
I don't want to use the Dicefreaks system... because I've been reading Deities and Demigods a lot in the past few hours and I don't want that to be wasted! :smallfrown:

It's not a waste; DiceFreaks is a revision of Deities and Demigods, not a complete replacement

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 04:44 PM

Don't worry, much of it, especially the salient divine abilities, are identical. I think it removes the bits where it says deities of higher rank are completely immune/can automatically bypass lower-ranking immunities, and replaces that with opposed rank checks... and a few of the abilities are revised. That's it. We don't have to use them, of course; I was just wondering.

Okay, so we ought to figure out:

-What level are the deities?
-What divine rank are the deities? (low-ish, certainly not higher than 6).
-What level are the avatars, if we're going to bother?

Ivius
2007-06-10, 04:58 PM
If we're going to be the only deities, I'd prefer high demigod-hood. Rank 4-5 with 25 class levels or so.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 05:00 PM
Most deities have between 40 and 60 HD; let's go with 40 class levels and no monster hit dice? Class levels don't really mean much when you're a god, of course, but it's nice to have a big, round number to play with!

Besides, one of the rare examples of a demigod in Deities and Demigods, Hercules, is a deity with 5 divine ranks. He's a fighter 20/barbarian 20. So, 40 HD sounds about right.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 05:00 PM
I agree, mostly: if we're the only deities of this small world, Divine Rank of 5-6 would be appropriate...and 40 levels is more or less standard.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 05:01 PM
The deities? Really should be entirely freeform with them, but the avatars should be rather high-level, I'd say 15 with a template and a couple SDAs.

EDIT:This is mainly because epic levels are very confusing and unwieldy.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 05:03 PM
No, I really think we should work out what our gods can do. They don't actually have to do it, but D&D gods are not omnipotent at all. They have limits, and we need to know what those limits are.

For example, how can you know what spells your deity is able to cast without deciding what classes he has? Even a god can't cast Magic Missile without the right class.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 05:08 PM
No, I really think we should work out what our gods can do. They don't actually have to do it, but D&D gods are not omnipotent at all. They have limits, and we need to know what those limits are.

For example, how can you know what spells your deity is able to cast without deciding what classes he has? Even a god can't cast Magic Missile without the right class.

Well, yes, but still that can be managed by simply having a rough approximation of the classes it is. No need to create in-depth stats.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 05:10 PM
I think you may be playing the wrong game if you don't want to make in-depth stats for a godlike character. :smallwink:

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 05:10 PM

Yes they can. If it's in their domain, or if they could argue it as a portfolio element and use Alter Reality.

I advocate a 40HD, DR5 Deity, fully stated...and a level 15 Avatar for interacting with the wee mortal ones. Maybe a certain bit of free LA.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 05:12 PM
I think you may be playing the wrong game if you don't want to make in-depth stats for a godlike character. :smallwink:

I'm not so sure that we've even fully determined that it's D&D.

Also, if we do fully stat it out, then someone will have to help me, as I am overwhelmed by epics.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 05:12 PM
So.. no fully-powered Baiyan teleporting into a random town and just playing with the locals?

Awww. :smallfrown: But I would've loved to play Baiyan suddenly being asked to do a chore for someone and actually doing it manually!

That would probably be refeshingly mundane for a deity.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 05:14 PM
Yeah... the gods won't see much play, but it's nice to know what sort of miracles they could do if pressed. In my case, for example, I want to know how many sea monsters I could conjure up from the depths, how many miles of land I can flood, whether I could reasonably be expected to turn into a sea serpent... that sort of thing.

Agreed, though... you won't need to know much more than their basic stats. Let's call them level 40 characters for those who do wish to stat out the gods, with... what do you think, 5 or 6 divine ranks? 6 opens up a few new abilities, but nothing too bad, I think...

As for the avatars, 15 class levels sounds good, but what template did you mean? Any template, or an avatar-template thing?

I'm not so sure that we've even fully determined that it's D&D.

Also, if we do fully stat it out, then someone will have to help me, as I am overwhelmed by epics.

If you like, somebody could probably do that. I could, if nobody else comes forward.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 05:15 PM
Yeah... the gods won't see much play, but it's nice to know what sort of miracles they could do if pressed. In my case, for example, I want to know how many sea monsters I could conjure up from the depths, how many miles of land I can flood, whether I could reasonably be expected to turn into a sea serpent... that sort of thing.

Agreed, though... you won't need to know much more than their basic stats. Let's call them level 40 characters for those who do wish to stat out the gods, with... what do you think, 5 or 6 divine ranks? 6 opens up a few new abilities, but nothing too bad, I think...

As for the avatars, 15 class levels sounds good, but what template did you mean? Any template, or an avatar-template thing?

Any template. The avatar of Tiamat or Bahamut, for example, would be a half-dragon.

PsyBlade
2007-06-10, 05:16 PM
I agree with DvR 5/6 w/ 40 ECL (before DvR), and a level 15 champion (avatars are a manifestation of the deity that created it, but nothing stops us from giving a little power to a mortal that catches our eye).

GryffonDurime
For LA, it would mean you can either incarnate your avatar as a high-LA race, or apply a Half-Celestial/Half-Fiendish/Half something template, I suppose.

Oh, and I finally settled on a character concept for Ayna that puts the art in artifice.

Yuki Akuma
I'm pretty sure the avatar of Bahamut is a platinum-coloured dragon. :smallwink: Avatars in the Deities and Demigods sense look just like you and just have less power.

I also prefer the champion idea. Oh! And heralds! Should we stat out our heralds?

Our champions could be Proxies.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 05:18 PM
Hmm. Well, here's an idea. For those who don' want to deal with it, they should at least know what levels it is, and what SDAs it has. Those who do are free to stat out a god.

EDIT:Ooh, yes, Heralds would be fun to stat out.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 05:20 PM
For the record, when I use the term avatar, I'm not talking about Avatars. I'm talking about the general idea of a mortal incarnation of a deity, not Avatars as they are established in deific rules.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 05:22 PM
I don't see why deities would need a mortal manifestation. They've got perfectly servicable bodies of their own. And when that's overkill, they send their proxy or herald to do it. :smallwink:

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 05:26 PM
I don't see why deities would need a mortal manifestation. They've got perfectly servicable bodies of their own. And when that's overkill, they send their proxy or herald to do it. :smallwink:

Well, I was thinking that it might have been an Overdeity Edict: on the Mortal Plane, only mortals can exist.

Just to keep us from blowing up the world.

Ivius
2007-06-10, 05:34 PM
Rank 6, ECL 40 sounds good. Almost everything would increase, but does 3 more DR really mean that much?

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 05:37 PM
..Exactly how do we intend on assigning ability scores? Obscenely high point-buy? 8d6, drop lowest?

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 05:41 PM
Well, I was thinking that it might have been an Overdeity Edict: on the Mortal Plane, only mortals can exist.

Just to keep us from blowing up the world.

Well, doesn't work out so well for my idea about the godly realms being connected to the mortal realm... I guess it could work. But I think I'd prefer just an overdeity who we all know would step in and remove you if you were destroying the world.

I still like the idea of having a few regular battles; the god of the sun must repel the god of night's attacks every day before dawn, and things like that. Obviously we wouldn't play this out unless the players in question felt like it, but it would give the world a very mythic feel.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 05:43 PM
..Exactly how do we intend on assigning ability scores? Obscenely high point-buy? 8d6, drop lowest?

"8d6? Bah, I laugh at your pitiful attempts to restrict a god to the lowly d6! Give unto me 10d20 for each stat, or be smote!"

Joking aside, 8d6 sounds good, although 130 point buy on a 1:1 ratio has some intriguing possibilities.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 05:45 PM
8d6 or Divine Point Buy as described on DiceFreaks is fine by me.

Ivius
2007-06-10, 05:46 PM
Do you mean drop the lowest die, or drop the lowest five dice? 8d6 seems fine to me if you mean the former.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 05:48 PM
I rather like Dicefreaks' system, which is 6d6 and then gives you about 30 extra points to distribute after. Or just a 150 point-buy, 1-for-1 starting at 0. Or 8d6 drop lowest.

So, divine rank- 5 or 6? The difference is a domain and a couple of divine abilities, I think. Lesser or demigod?

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 05:49 PM
The "drop lowest" part was really a joke. Straight 8d6 sounds good to me.

Don't feel constrained by the rolls, though. If you want an Int of 20 and the lowest roll you have is a 23, feel free to just put it down as a 20. :smallwink:

Well, as long as everyone's okay with the 8d6 idea!

I would prefer a divine rank of 5. Mainly because I have no idea what I'd do with eight salient divine abilities.

I can barely manage with six. Can we settle on a DM so I can ask him about a homebrewed SDA or three? >.>

NEO|Phyte
2007-06-10, 05:54 PM
<_<

It figures a thread like this pops up while I'm not around to post my interest until there's 7 pages of established interest.

PsyBlade
2007-06-10, 05:54 PM
Dicefreaks recommends either 6d6 drop lowest die then add 5 (the stat block says +45 for DR 6-10, I suppose that's after the die and add 5), or 130(1-5) or 180(6-10) + DR on 1:1 basis all stats start at 0.

Jannex
2007-06-10, 05:57 PM
I like the idea of each deity having his/her own demiplane realm, though making them accessible (through hidden natural portals) from the Material Plane, so that mortals could go on epic quests to find them, sounds like a great idea.

Here's a general sense of my deity (though some things are subject to change; I'm finding that the concept is morphing somewhat away from the character I initially designed for my friend's game):

Zöe Althira
NG goddess of motherhood
Druid 20/Ranger 10/Dervish 10
Lady of the Den, Bear-Mother, The Great Protectress
Domains: Protection, Healing, Community
Portfolio: fertility, motherhood, halfbreeds
Symbol: A circle formed by a stylized she-wolf, curled around her nursing pups
Weapon: Paired scimitars, tooled to resemble the claws of a wild beast

Zöe Althira is the patron of every living creature that cares for its young, and the guardian of the bond between mother and child. Her followers see her as gentle and nurturing, but the ferocity of her vengeance against those who threaten beings under her care is staggering. Though clerics who serve her are often peaceful healers and midwives, none neglect the martial sphere completely, understanding that they must be able to protect that which they nurture. Since the Lady's blessing extends to the mothers and cubs of the animal kingdom as well, many among her faithful multiclass into Druid or Ranger, guarding mother animals against poachers and adopting orphaned cubs. Many orphanages are founded in her name as well. While she is often invoked in "civilized" areas to protect new mothers during childbirth, she is particularly revered among certain barbarian tribes, where her bestial aspect is considered a symbol of strength. As one would expect, the Lady's clergy are primarily female, though a significant minority of males find their way into her worship as well, often taking up the path of the Paladin. Zöe Althira's intervention in the Material Plane is usually indirect; she may occasionally come to her followers in dreams to comfort or inspire, but she seldom focuses her attention exclusively on one area. Sometimes, though, when an infertile woman, or a couple of biologically-incompatible sentients, pray for her intervention in their lives, she will grant them a gift. The hybrid offspring of such biologically-improbable matches are always fertile.

Dogma: Home, hearth, and family--in whatever form they take for an individual--are sacred things. Love them, nurture them, protect them. If someone threatens that which you have taken under your protection, be willing to lay down your life to keep it safe. If someone harms or destroys that which you protect, pursue him to the ends of the earth and destroy him.

Ivius
2007-06-10, 06:00 PM
Just to be clear, is a deity with cleric levels simply focusing on his own divine power? I can't think of another class for Istarzin.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 06:05 PM
Just to be clear, is a deity with cleric levels simply focusing on his own divine power? I can't think of another class for Istarzin.

Yep.

I would prefer a divine rank of 5. Mainly because I have no idea what I'd do with eight salient divine abilities.

I can barely manage with six. Can we settle on a DM so I can ask him about a homebrewed SDA or three? >.>

There's stuff you can do; trade them in for extra domains, take generic abilities like Divine Fast Healing or Improved Spell Resistance, or just ignore them. Also, don't you only get as many divine abilities as you have ranks?

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 06:07 PM
As I mentioned in my previous post, most deities have their stats total to between 180-190, with no stat below 24. If you'll allow me, the only things we should need to know about our deity's levels would be something like this:

Kashardaler Rank 1 Demigod
Medium Outsider
Sorceror 4/Druid 5/Mystic Theurge 10/Archmage 4/Cleric 17
Notable skills:
Knowledge arcana/religion
Spellcraft
Handle Animal
Concentration
Sense Motive

Alter Reality, Arcane Mastery

Str 24, Dex 30, Con 24, Wis 40, Int 30, Cha 38

That gives us a good bit of stuff to work with, without it being overly elaborate.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 06:08 PM
Yeah, a god can technically be a cleric of himself.

And on the SDA number: Demigods get one bonus, and Lesser deities get two. So a divine rank 5 demigod would have 6, while a divine rank 6 lesser deity would have 8. I suppose I can think of two more...

Ivius
2007-06-10, 06:17 PM
Alright, I guess I'll compile what's pretty much decided about deity creation.

*ECL 40
*Divine Rank 6
*8d6 drop lowest ability generation

Wow, I thought we'd have more after 7 pages.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 06:21 PM
Alright, I guess I'll compile what's pretty much decided about deity creation.

*ECL 40
*Divine Rank 6
*8d6 drop lowest ability generation

Wow, I thought we'd have more after 7 pages.

Sounds good. Although I think we ought to agree whether or not to use the Dicefreaks rules or the standard ones. And we'll need to hammer out the avatar/proxy, and the herald.

Avatar/proxy: Level 15, add one template of your choice (within reason; no paragon)?

Herald: A lot of gods have creatures as heralds, so maybe this could be a creature with a certain amount of HD or CR?

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 06:22 PM
My herald shall be a Coure Eladrin, regardless. :smallbiggrin:

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 06:26 PM
I think most heralds are usually the most powerful outsider of the deity's alignment, advanced to 20 HD.

I'm going with 4 Solars as heralds. 0 HD, each one Paladin 10/one of the designated PrCs 10. If we can have multiple heralds.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 06:29 PM
Has anyone noticed before that the Warlock reflavors really easily into some interesting choices?

Oh and Ayna...I don't know what her herald would be. What's a good, artistic creature? Other than Lillends, mind you.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 06:30 PM
Me, I'll probably go for some sort of fey or sea creature for a herald.

Solars with 20 class levels... that's more levels than our gods get, isn't it? I'd just stick with a solar, or hound archon/half-celestial paladins if you want to have paladins.

Edit- Other than a lillend? Uh... possibly some of the eladrins from Book of Exalted Deeds?

And yeah, the warlock is fun for all sorts of things.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 06:34 PM
We really do need an OOC thread...

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 06:35 PM
Edit- Other than a lillend? Uh... possibly some of the eladrins from Book of Exalted Deeds?

And yeah, the warlock is fun for all sorts of things.

Indeed...so, Ayna the goddess of art now shoots "Eldritch Blasts" of ink, paint, music, etc...and is still quite adept at making things. You know, sculpting earth elementals, the like.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 06:38 PM
Indeed...so, Ayna the goddess of art now shoots "Eldritch Blasts" of ink, paint, music, etc...and is still quite adept at making things. You know, sculpting earth elementals, the like.

These epic feats (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20061027a) from the Wizards site, if you're not using them already, are very cool.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 06:39 PM
Also, here's what I've got so far, just so I don't lose it:

Baiyan (BYE-an)
Lesser deity
Happy One, the Blissful God
Cleric 10/Sorcerer 10/Mystic Theurge 10/Rogue 10
Symbol: Apple blossoms
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Portfolio: Happiness, simple pleasures, love
Cleric Alignments: NG, CG, CN
Domains: Joy, Pleasure, Trickery
Favored Weapon: Sap

Divine ranks: 6
Salient Divine Abilities: Alter Form, Automatic Counterspell, Automatic Metamagic (Nonlethal Substitution), Divine Celerity, Divine Dodge, Divine Glibness, Gift of Life, Improved Spell Resistance
Special familiar: Songbirds
Feats: Subduing Strike, Consecrate Spell, Purify Spell, Nonlethal Subsitution, Celestial Familiar, Obtain Familiar (so that Mystic Theurge levels count towards familiar advancement), Craft Wand, Craft Staff, Consecrate Spell Trigger, Purify Spell Trigger, Purify Spell-Like Ability, Craft Wondrous Item, Forge Ring
Familiar: Sil, female Coure eldarin

You'll notice he took a feat entirely so his familiar wouldn't feel underpowered (although she is. Oh, she is). Also, those item creation feats? Every's gotta have a hobby.

The Glyphstone
2007-06-10, 06:42 PM
yknow, i'm going to get in on this, resurrecting my old EverDream character Kyrdos - LE god of greed, gluttony, and misers...now with stats!

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 06:43 PM
These epic feats (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20061027a) from the Wizards site, if you're not using them already, are very cool.

Oh, they are very much already in use.

Ivius
2007-06-10, 06:49 PM
I guess my Herald'll be a Trumpet Archon with 6 Crusader levels.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 06:58 PM
Solars with 20 class levels... that's more levels than our gods get, isn't it?

Well, maybe, but if you consider that all of a deity's outsider followers will, when totaled up, have way more class levels/HD than the deity itself...4 20th level Solars agains one 40th level deity? No contest. At all.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 07:00 PM
Well, maybe, but if you consider that all of a deity's outsider followers will, when totaled up, have way more class levels/HD than the deity itself...4 20th level Solars agains one 40th level deity? No contest. At all.

No, I meant that each individual solar has more hit dice than the gods. Which seems a little out of proportion. I have no problem with multiple heralds, since it fits so well with your god's holy orders. Maybe make them half-celestials, to keep them on a level close to most other heralds?

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 07:00 PM
A question of opinion:

Would Multispell apply to a Quickened SLA? Is that a reasonable stretch/adaptation?

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 07:02 PM
No, I meant that each individual solar has more hit dice than the gods. Which seems a little out of proportion. I have no problem with multiple heralds, since it fits so well with your god's holy orders. Maybe make them half-celestials, to keep them on a level close to most other heralds?

Erm...you seem to have missed something. I said that the Solars would be de-advanced, giving them 0 HD but all the abilities of a Solar...Either way, the Half-Celestial idea sounds better, as I have had a flash of inspiration.

Also, where can I find a list of SDAs?

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 07:05 PM
Erm...you seem to have missed something. I said that the Solars would be de-advanced, giving them 0 HD but all the abilities of a Solar...Either way, the Half-Celestial idea sounds better, as I have had a flash of inspiration.

Also, where can I find a list of SDAs?

Oh. Yeah, I did miss that.

SDAs either here (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm) or here (http://community.dicefreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=3491) (scroll down). They're mostly the same but a bit different (Alter Reality, notably), and I haven't heard anything on which ones we're using.

Edit- Yup, you can use Multispell to use quickened spell-like abilities.

Ivius
2007-06-10, 07:06 PM
Right here.
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm

EDIT: Simu'd

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 07:10 PM
My herald is an Awakened White Tiger with 9 Cleric levels. He also conveniently has enough Wisdom to cast these spells, and can interpret dreams if they are described to him. He has a permanencied Tongues spell so he can communicate.

Edit: He's a cleric now!

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 07:16 PM
Oh. Yeah, I did miss that.

SDAs either here (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm) or here (http://community.dicefreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=3491) (scroll down). They're mostly the same but a bit different (Alter Reality, notably), and I haven't heard anything on which ones we're using.

Edit- Yup, you can use Multispell to use quickened spell-like abilities.

Hmm...so we can choose 8 SDAs...I'll probably go with Divine Blessing, Divine Fast Healing, Divine Paladin (It says that it requires Paladin 20 but it has levels in all imagnable Paladin PrCs.), Lay Quest, Rejuvenation, Increased DR, and Supreme DR (Weapon touched by the blood of 40 Paladins of the deity).

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 07:19 PM
I think I found my herald.

Is everyone alright with an Ursinal Artificer, slightly reflavored to be more like a raccoon?

Grah. Nevermind.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 07:23 PM
I think I found my herald.

Is everyone alright with an Ursinal Artificer, slightly reflavored to be more like a raccoon?

Grah. Nevermind.

What...how...just why would you...

Not going to think about what you were planning.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 07:23 PM
My herald is an Awakened White Tiger with 9 Druid levels and Natural Spell. He also conveniently has enough Wisdom to cast these spells, and can interpret dreams if they are described to him. I'd also like to have a permanencied Tongues on him so he can actually communicate.

Note: I'm not going for CoDzilla, he'll never change out of his tiger shape. He just needs Natural Spell to actually cast :smallsmile:

Creatures can always cast spells in their natural form. It's assumed that an awakened tiger learned "tiger wizardry", or whatever. :smallwink:

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 07:28 PM
Deity so far:

Elaiya
Lesser deity
Druid 20/Bard 1/ Stormsinger 10/Sublime Chord 1/Sea Witch 8
Symbol: A disk depicting the horizon, half sea, half sky.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Portfolio: The sea, accidents at sea, sea creatures, storms, fey, enchantment
Cleric Alignments: CG, CN, CE
Domains: Blackwater, Charm, Temptation, Water
Favored Weapon: Spear

Divine ranks: 6
Salient Divine Abilities: Control Creatures (sea monsters*), Divine Inspiration, Divine Spellcasting, Divine Water Mastery, Lay Curse, Power of Nature, 2 more
*Any animal, fey, dragon (except for true dragons), elemental, magical beast, ooze, plant, or vermin with the aquatic or water subtype.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 07:29 PM
What...how...just why would you...

Not going to think about what you were planning.

Well, I've yet to find anything that really works as a herald for a creator/muse/inspiration/artsy type goddess.

Huh.

Phoenix?

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 07:30 PM
Creatures can always cast spells in their natural form. It's assumed that an awakened tiger learned "tiger wizardry", or whatever. :smallwink:

Ah, good, I can change him back to a cleric then.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 07:35 PM
Well, I've yet to find anything that really works as a herald for a creator/muse/inspiration/artsy type goddess.

Huh.

Phoenix?

I was just surprised at your choice of "raccoon".

"Yes, I have an important message from the High Muse, the Source of inspiration, the very soul of art! Let me just finish digging through this trash can first."

And Phoenixes are more of a "righteous slayer of evil" thing. Really, you should just go with a Lillend, as none of the BOED celestials have anything to do with art.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 07:36 PM
I was just surprised at your choice of "raccoon".

"Yes, I have an important message from the High Muse, the Source of inspiration, the very soul of art! Let me just finish digging through this trash can first."

Yes, but they're clever...

And Phoenixes are more of a "righteous slayer of evil" thing. Really, you should just go with a Lillend, as none of the BOED celestials have anything to do with art.

But Lillends are chaotic.

...And snake-y.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 07:37 PM
Yes, but they're clever...

But Lillends are chaotic.

...And snake-y.

Change its alignment and appearance.

Jannex
2007-06-10, 07:37 PM
Let's see, Salient Divine Abilities? I should do that.

Alter Form
Alter Reality
Alter Size
Divine Druid
Divine Spellcasting
Gift of Life
Mind of the Beast
Speak with Creatures

I remember it being mentioned that it might be useful to find possible friendships and rivalries among our little pantheon; anybody think their deity would particularly get along with (or have issues with) Zöe?

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 07:39 PM
I remember it being mentioned that it might be useful to find possible friendships and rivalries among our little pantheon; anybody think their deity would particularly get along with (or have issues with) Zöe?

Or familial relationships; you'd think the Mother Goddess would have a liter of her own.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 07:43 PM
I'd expect Baiyan would get along with any Good deity. And any Neutral or even Evil deities who weren't overtly out to hurt people for their own pleasure.

Also, Baiyan as the child of another god(dess) certainly works, considering his usual form.

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 07:44 PM
Familial relationships would be awesome. Most of the mythological gods were all related by blood or marriage. We don't have to do that, but it'd be cool to have a few family connections. Elaiya would make a good wayward daughter or sister. She'd be a rather neglectful mother, though, probably.

Also, I suppose we should finally figure this out—Dicefreaks, or no? A few important things are different, particularly the Alter Reality power. I have no opinion; either one will work.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-10, 07:47 PM
I have no strong opinion either regarding Dicefreaks.

And yes, Ayna definately seems like the artsy, uber-liberal daughter type.

Jannex
2007-06-10, 07:54 PM
I haven't actually looked at the Dicefreaks stuff yet, so I have no opinion on it; I should probably do that.

And that's a good point, Gryffon; I'm certainly willing to have Zöe be the mother of Baiyan, Ayna, and pretty much whoever else for whom it'd make sense. Familial relationships among the gods are great fun. :smallsmile:

Cade Shadow
2007-06-10, 07:54 PM
So who are our players here?

Ivius:Istarzin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2722206&postcount=153)
CallmeSiggy:Siggy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2723494&postcount=248)
ilovefire:Sir Michael the Warrior (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2721477&postcount=118)
Jannex:Zöe Althira (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2722953&postcount=203)Part Two (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2723391&postcount=238)
Ramza00: ????
Psyblade:Psyblade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2721250&postcount=113)
Yuki_Akuma:Baiyan (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2721177&postcount=217)
HomerHT:kashardaler (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2721137&postcount=108)
GryffonDurime:Ayna (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2721801&postcount=126)
Illiteratescribe:illiteratescribe (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2721232&postcount=112)
the_snark:Elaiya (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2723343&postcount=232)
The_Glyphstone: Kyrdos

Deities: Divine rank 6, ECL 40 8d6 drop lowest stat generation
champions: level 15 add one template (within reason, no paragons)
Heralds: take a creature, bring to 0 hd and give 20 class levels)

Thats everything so far.

to be decided:
dicefreaks
DM (am I, and also, more than one?)
familial relationships
the world
system in general

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 07:56 PM
Woohoo! Baiyan has a mommy! And possibly a big sister.

...What? Stop looking at me like that!

Oh, and I vote not-DiceFreaks. No particular reason, just wanted to cast a vote. :smalltongue:

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 07:56 PM
I'm ok with Dicefreaks.

Kashardaler is kind of a decadant and will do his own thing, but should push come to shove, he'd make a valuable ally...it's hard for soldiers to fight when they're plagued with horrible nightmares everytime they close their eyes :smallamused:

The_Snark
2007-06-10, 07:59 PM
Hmmm... I thought heralds were just going to be creatures given enough class levels/HD/templates to round them out to 20?

Divine rank 5 rather than 6... could live with that, I guess.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 08:01 PM
I just put my SN whatever my deity's name would be-I have no name yet.

EDIT:Here's what I have so far.

___
LG god of chivalry and honor
Domains:Glory, Healing, Protection
Portfolio:Knights, Helping, strength of the soul, Determination
Symbol:A gauntlet, wrapped in light, touching a wound
Weapon:Lance

I have an order of Paladins, Some of which multiclass into Clerics, but there's a few requirements...

When you enter my service, you enter as a squire (1st level Paladin) and remain that way no matter how many levels in Paladin or any other class you take. Once you are accepted into one of the Groups (Shining Blades, Gray Guards, Fists, Hospitalers-each represented by taking levels in the respective PrCs) then you are a full fledged Knight. A Cleric would probably be something like Paladin 6/Cleric 3/Hospitaler 10.

The god's levels would be Paladin 20/Shining Blade 5/Gray Guard 5/Fist of ___ 5/Hospitaler 5.

SDA:Divine Blessing, Divine Fast Healing, Divine Paladin, Lay Quest, Rejuvenation, Increased DR, and Supreme DR (Weapon touched by the blood of 40 Paladins of the deity)

I will be very active in the mortal world (For a god), giving prophecies, announcements, and the occasional holy quest to a squire that shows promise. Most of this will be done by my four heralds (Each a Solar Paladin 10/one of the aforementioned PrCs 10), but I will occasionally send down my Avatar.

I will reside in a fortress which is itself a demi-plane...think MMM.

Dogma:When you have started something, always finish it. If you cannot fight evil directly, then subvert it by healing its victims. When you judge, judge wisely and remember that nobody is beyond redemption.

HomerHT
2007-06-10, 08:08 PM
Wait, Rank 5? Didn't we agree on 6? :smallconfused:

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-10, 08:12 PM
We did. Also, unless you have the Extra Domain SDA, you're meant to have three domains. Not four.

You don't get bonus domains for being a lesser deity or anything, or else Kord would have five.