PDA

View Full Version : Tying in personality and alignment.

lumberofdabeast
2007-06-09, 06:17 PM
I was thinking about alignment, as I so often do, when I remembered a personality test covered in my AP Psychology class. So, I figured, why not combine the two, and see if there's any corellation(sp?)?

Of course, I can't do it on my own, being just one man. So, I turn to the GitP forums. What I want you all to do is take two tests, and then post the results.

First: An online Myers-Briggs personality test (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp) that picks out four criteria, for which you have two possible results. As a side note, the test results will contain a couple links which may make for interesting reading, and the Wiki article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator) has information on the test as a whole. I, personally, am Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving.

Second: An online alignment test (http://www.mjyoung.net/dungeon/javalign.html), normally meant to aid in figuring out what alignment a given character should be. Read the instructions carefully, otherwise you may be confused as to what you should do. I'm Chaotic Good.

After I feel that I have gotten all the results I'm likely to get, I'll note my findings in either this topic or one of the alignment articles I'm working on. If you want to help, but don't want your results to be publicly known, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your time.

ocato
2007-06-09, 06:32 PM
Well, I got ISTJ and Neutral Good, hope that's the info you needed.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-09, 06:40 PM
INFJ and Lawful Good, on the Neutral-Lawful border. In the What Race/Class/Alignment/Stats quiz (If that has any bearing on the topic) my result was LG Half-orc Paladin, STR 9 DEX 12 CON 13 INT 12 WIS 13 CHA 14.

Runa
2007-06-09, 07:05 PM
I got:

INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
56 38 25 56

Now I've played two characters, quite different in a number of ways (they'd almost have to be; the older character was a Paladin, the other is CG Rogue!)

For the first - a Fey'Ri Paladin whose backstorystory goes basically "She was originally Neutral. Her god appeared vaguely to her in a dream, telling her that she was better than her evil brethren and should go out and do good", she started as a standard Lawful Good Paladin, but between becoming friends with the Chaotic Good party Rogue and various other things including her God being revealed to be Elistrae (who is Chaotic Good), eventually switched to being a Paladin of Freedom (Chaotic Good), though she still struggled a little to over being Lawfully-inclined at times.

On the alignment test she got, amusingly enough, NEUTRAL GOOD. Which averages out fairly close to how I played her, I suppose. :P

Unfortunately, I shall have to test the Rogue out a few hours from now at the least, as I'm leaving work and going off to my grandmother's for dinner and such. Everyone else wants to leave, oh, NOW. :P So, yeah. I'll be back...

-Runa

goat
2007-06-09, 07:10 PM
I am INTP and Chaotic Neutral.

Which sounds about right to be honest.

lumberofdabeast
2007-06-09, 07:19 PM
I got:

INFP
56 38 25 56

Now I've played two characters, quite different in a number of ways (they'd almost have to be; the older character was a Paladin, the other is CG Rogue!)

For the first - a Fey'Ri Paladin whose backstorystory goes basically "She was originally Neutral. Her god appeared vaguely to her in a dream, telling her that she was better than her evil brethren and should go out and do good", she started as a standard Lawful Good Paladin, but between becoming friends with the Chaotic Good party Rogue and various other things including her God being revealed to be Elistrae (who is Chaotic Good), eventually switched to being a Paladin of Freedom (Chaotic Good), though she still struggled a little to over being Lawfully-inclined at times.

On the alignment test she got, amusingly enough, NEUTRAL GOOD. Which averages out fairly close to how I played her, I suppose. :P

Unfortunately, I shall have to test the Rogue out a few hours from now at the least, as I'm leaving work and going off to my grandmother's for dinner and such. Everyone else wants to leave, oh, NOW. :P So, yeah. I'll be back...

-Runa

Your alignment, not your character's alignment. Sorry for the confusion.

Valdyr
2007-06-09, 07:19 PM
Just like Siggy I am INFJ and Lawful Good.

On the alignment quiz it was really hard to not declare that Darth Vader was my hero...

goat
2007-06-09, 07:24 PM
On the alignment quiz it was really hard to not declare that Darth Vader was my hero...

But if he is, then he is!

I had troubles with that one, I'm not a great fan of any of them.

Bauglir
2007-06-09, 07:42 PM
Hm, I got ENTP and Neutral Neutral, with 4 toward Chaotic and 6 toward Evil. Hope that helps.

Zincorium
2007-06-09, 07:53 PM
I N T P
78 12 38 22

Chaotic Nuetral, 19 points towards chaotic and 1 point towards evil.

Apparently goat and myself are fairly similiar in regards to test taking.

Glyphic
2007-06-09, 08:00 PM
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
67 1 50 1

Neutral Neutral

lotofsnow
2007-06-09, 08:12 PM
ENTP and Neutral Good

LoopyZebra
2007-06-09, 08:33 PM
ISTJ and LG. The S(1) and J(1) was really low, with I(56) and T(38) moderate, and the LG leaned towards NG. (37 Lawful and 27 Chaotic, I believe, but I lost the specifics).

Quietus
2007-06-09, 08:57 PM
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
22 50 1 11

Registered as Neutral Good, 0 towards Neutral and 14 towards good.

Didn't much like the alignment test, by the way. Sometimes I had to rate choices higher or lower than I would normally have done.

Runa
2007-06-09, 09:11 PM
Oh, I thought you were wondering what kinds of characters people of that personality would be inclined to play (like I don't typically play Evil-aligned characters for example), sorry. In hindsight, I should have understood what you meant. In any case, so here's my Myers-Briggs (which by the way, I get the feeling may or may not score a little differently depending on my mood; there were some questions on there that I would have in real life said "Yes in some circumstances, no in others" to or "In an ideal world, I would always be like this, but I don't always succeed...", though I answered as best I could for basically the type of person I usually am or the way I try to behave most often, depending on which seemed more "core me". I also tried to be brutally honest. So, you got me answering yes to "ordering things is pleasurable" and no to "my desk is always neat". My desk is atrociously messy - as is my bedroom, unfortunately - but I like to order things OTHER than material objects, namely information. I think it all probably balanced itself out in the end though, as it kind of sounds like me, I guess...)

I'd like to ask though if your "alignment" thing is based on how we approach the game, or how we approach LIFE, as well as in the latter case if we can be a little metaphorical in how we read it if need be. Because, to be frank, I'd probably be a lot more cowardly than my characters! :P

-Runa

Danin
2007-06-09, 09:26 PM
ENFP - Extroverted 78, Introverted 62, Feeling 62, Perceiving 11.

Neutral Good, 7 points towards Chaotic.

Hope that helps!

Dark Knight Renee
2007-06-09, 09:28 PM
Neutral Good

INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
78 12 50 44

Sounds about right... though I ended up picking some of the answers almost at random because they weren't clear or required a YES or NO answer specifically. Meh.

The alignment test... was retarded. My answer was not too far off (NG with a leaning towards LG), but as a test the thing stinks. Especially questions 6-10. Any test that forces you to "agree" with one of it's questions just because there can't be any tied answers has problems. Take questions 8-9, for example. Those are a pain to rank.

lumberofdabeast
2007-06-09, 09:44 PM
I'd like to ask though if your "alignment" thing is based on how we approach the game, or how we approach LIFE, as well as in the latter case if we can be a little metaphorical in how we read it if need be. Because, to be frank, I'd probably be a lot more cowardly than my characters! :P

How you approach life, of course. But don't be too "metaphorical"; if you don't live up to what you believe in, what's the point of the belief?

Lemur
2007-06-09, 09:58 PM
INTP
Introvert: 100%
Intuitive: 38%
Thinking: 38%
Perceiving: 67%

Chaotic Neutral
Good: 30
Evil: 26
Chaotic: 38
Lawful: 26
(4 points towards good, 12 towards chaotic)

Is that 3 now who are INTP and CN?

Knight_Of_Twilight
2007-06-09, 10:21 PM
ENFP and LG

Thexare Blademoon
2007-06-09, 10:36 PM
Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted 67 (I think my love of busy places killed my introversion >_>)
Sensing 12
Thinking 25
Judging 11

Neutral Good, 7 toward Chaotic, 13 toward Good.

This one kinda sucked, though, and is also the only test of its kind that I've taken that labels me Neutral on the Order axis. Every other alignment test has me as Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral, and though I'm not one of the "down with government! anarchy woo!" sorts of people, I am definitely Chaotic... the only real point of argument on any of these tests (and one I can't answer myself) is between Neutral (morality) and Good, as my solutions to problems and my speech are somewhat unkind and direct (and, for the former, tend to be of a bladed variety), even if I am focused on doing what's best for others.

EvilElitest
2007-06-09, 10:52 PM
I'm LN and apperently i am a iNTJ, or a Matermind Rational

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition, it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in Masterminds. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

Sweet, sounds like me
from,
EE

Dhavaer
2007-06-09, 11:00 PM
INTP

Neutral Good, with Chaotic leanings.

Duaneyo1
2007-06-09, 11:30 PM
iNTj, mastermind rational. My alignment is neutral good.

Skjaldbakka
2007-06-09, 11:51 PM
INTJ

Lawful Nuetral with a 4% lean towards evil

Tharivol123
2007-06-09, 11:51 PM
Neutral Neutral with slight tendencies to Chaotic and Evil (3 and 5 point spreads).
ISTP on the personality one.

Does seem to fit in with how I played my Ranger.

asqwasqw
2007-06-10, 12:02 AM
ENTP, Lawful good. Which is wierd, because I always seem to play more chaotic characters...

SurlySeraph
2007-06-10, 12:16 AM
INTJ, Lawful Good. I have gotten Lawful Good on every single alignment test I have ever taken. It makes me want to go find an evildoer to lecture and/or smite.

Kurobara
2007-06-10, 12:22 AM
ISTJ and Chaotic Good

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-10, 12:23 AM
INTJ, Lawful Good. I have gotten Lawful Good on every single alignment test I have ever taken. It makes me want to go find an evildoer to lecture and/or smite.

I understand...Happens to me as well, maybe a couple others here. You get Paladin on all of the "what class are you" tests as well?

brian c
2007-06-10, 12:33 AM
INTJ

Introvert (6%)
Intuitive (25%)
Thinking(12%)
Judging(11%)

Careers in computer programming and natural sciences :smallsmile: (I'm a math major, so close enough)

Alignment is Neutral Neutral, 2 towards Chaotic and 2 towards Evil. I have a lot of contradictory ideas on that sort of quiz, so it would need to have many more choices to get a good estimate of my alignment, but I probably am close to True Neutral, as are most people in theory.

Bassetking
2007-06-10, 12:44 AM
ENFP, 67 25 50 17

Chaotic Neutral, thirteen points towards Chaotic, one point towards Evil

SurlySeraph
2007-06-10, 12:54 AM
I understand...Happens to me as well, maybe a couple others here. You get Paladin on all of the "what class are you" tests as well?

I got Wizard once, and Ranger twice, but otherwise straight-up Paladin.

Mordokai
2007-06-10, 02:02 AM
ISTP 67 50 25 11
Chaotic Good
With 20 points towards Chaotic
and 12 points towards Good

Mostly fits. Every test I ever took was neutral or chaotic goodd, with one chaotic neutral, but I got the answers mixed up there.

One thing is for certain, I'm not lawful :smallsmile:

TheOOB
2007-06-10, 02:13 AM
I(89%)
N(25%)
T(25%)
J(22%)

Neutral Good(7 Lawful, 9 Good).

These results don't really come as a suprise to me, though I normall score in the single digits for judging in my personality test (I guess I'm on the brink between percieving and judging, but leaning on the J side).

On similar alignment tests I usually score similar as well, neutral good, tending twords lawful good, which comfortably fits into my personality type.

Looking at others results I'm noticing most of us are Introverted, and that intuitive and thinking are both far more common then then their opposites. Juding and perciving are fairly close. This could say something about the people of this forum, or rather RPG players in general. It's also interesting that INTP and INTJ (two of the rarest types, especially the latter) are fairly common round here.

Tengu
2007-06-10, 05:52 AM
ISTP (78 1 1 56), chaotic good.

Though I've always seen myself more as neutral good.

Ravyn
2007-06-10, 03:17 PM
INFJ, Neutral Good. Though I'm not sure how accurate the alignment is, because there were some where the answers honestly tied and I was mainly reduced to coinflipping.

PaladinBoy
2007-06-10, 09:42 PM
ISTJ (78 1 25 56)

(unsurprisingly) Lawful Good, with 10 points Lawful and 24 points Good.

Hotpies
2007-06-10, 10:25 PM
ENTJ Chaotic Good

Mr Pants
2007-06-10, 11:08 PM
I got:
ESTP
Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
67 25 25 56

Chaotic Neutral

With 13 points towards Chaotic
and 1 points towards Good

Runa
2007-06-11, 01:42 AM
Ah, OK.

Well, since it's obviously not going to be on the first page anymore, here's my Myers-Briggs again:

INFP
56 38 25 56

By the way, #7 on the alignment test is idiotic. I mean, seriously, I have to agree with at least one of the following: "
a) If people were free, crime would disappear.
b) Prosperity for all is only possible where crime is controlled.
c) Government makes it possible for the best people to rise to the top.
d) The function of the police is to oppress those who are just trying to survive."

None of which I actually Agree with because all of them either grate against my ideals or just make no logical sense whatsoever? Ugh.

See, cause I look at a question like that and I actually think "I can't agree with ANY of that" because - for a.) People were "free" for thousands of years. The fact that the concept of crime came about proves that theory goes right out the window. b.) "where crime is controlled" = China my first thought. *shudders*, c.)Best people? Oh, lord can I think of a list that contradicts this. Foreign diplomats chosen because of political connections instead of whether they can understand or even speak the main language of the country they're a diplomat of comes to mind for one. and as to d.)? Only if your country really, really sucks. Not only do I not "agree" with any of them, the test won't let me "disagree" with more than one! You need to find a test that's set up better before you really rely on these results, is all I'm saying.

The big problem is when they have answers to questions that are almost sure to provide tied answers, which the test does not allow for. See above.

Anyway, here's what I got:

Chaotic Good

With 13 points towards Chaotic
and 9 points towards Good

Here's how it tested in numbers:

Good 34
Evil 25
Lawful 24
Chaotic 37

The questions referring to "adventures" or "as an adventurer" I decided should refer to life and going through life. I decided that "adventurer" as a profession should refer to someone willing to take any kind of risk, not just climbing cliffs and stuff, a "hero" was a noble person who tries to do good in the world, and a "rogue" was someone who is very, very clever at manipulating people and situations to their own advantage (though whether they use such capabilities to do Good or not would be up in the air). In order to answer #7 at all, I decided to interpret "propserity" as more than wealth (i.e. things like health and happiness) and "crime" as something along the lines of "infringing on the rights of others". Seriously, it was the only way I could agree with any of it!

Some of the questions, I could very easily see semantic ways of wriggling out of it, really. Like "Any situation can be made to work to one's own advantage.". Note that it says "can" and not "should". You'd have to be very optimistic in mankind's ingenuity to Agree to that.

-Runa

Liliedhe
2007-06-11, 02:23 AM
INTJ

Neutral Good, 7 Points to Lawful, 17 Points towards good.

Corinthian
2007-06-11, 02:41 AM
INTJ and Lawful Good...

Careers for me would be, computers, science and engineering... my actual major? Bioengineering :smallbiggrin:

Talking Crayon
2007-06-11, 03:49 AM
I got ENFP, with strengths of 1, 25, 38, and 11 respectively.
And on the other one, I got Good, 0 points towards Neutral, 22 towards Good.

Demented
2007-06-11, 04:13 AM
Introverted: 44 (Moderate)
Intuitive: 25 (Moderate)
Thinking: 25 (Moderate)
Judging: 1 (Slight)

Good: 32 (Faint)
Evil: 28 (Anemic)
Lawful: 36 (Strong)
Chaotic: 24 (No Pulse)
Lawful Neutral

Fie! It's supposed to be Chaotic Evil... Honorable, reasonable, and selfless Chaotic Evil, but Chaotic Evil nonetheless! Is that so hard to understand?

Callix
2007-06-11, 04:51 AM
INTJ
1 (Bit of a surprise, currently doing maths major)

and Neutral Good

2 to Lawful, 28 to Good.

Hope it helps in this most august research attempt.

Sir Enigma
2007-06-11, 05:00 AM
INFJ (which doesn't seem quite right to me), Lawful Good (no surprise)

Stevenson
2007-06-11, 06:12 AM
ENFP
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
56 50 75 11

And Neutral Good, though I didn't think it was fair that you couldn't repeat answers-I had to say , Slavery is "not really" a solution to economic problems, for one.

Runa
2007-06-11, 10:12 AM
ENFP
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
56 50 75 11

And Neutral Good, though I didn't think it was fair that you couldn't repeat answers-I had to say , Slavery is "not really" a solution to economic problems, for one.

I know! #7 was a stupidly-worded question. I think I answered "disagree" on that particular part of it, because, while it has served to support a number of ancient economies and while select ancient cultures did treat slaves remarkably well (I could swear I read that the ancient Greeks in certain city states - Athens, maybe? - actually gave a lot of their slaves some training in a profession and a small bit of education, along with providing relatively comfortable room and board), but they were talking in general. Also, they didn't seem to be referring to indentured servitude, but actual involuntary servitude (the word "slavery" implies this rather strongly). Indentured servitude (the practice of working off one's debt by being a personal servant for a few months or years) would have gotten a much less "NO WAY" answer from me, since it's at least voluntary, and generally ends within a few years, unlike the alternative. I of course answered "disagree" on that because I was looking at it from "acceptable solution from a moral standpoint" perspective combined with that. Though I can see why you answered that way, from a logical and "I have to not Disagree with three of these things..." standpoint. :P

-Runa

Human Paragon 3
2007-06-11, 10:40 AM
INTJ and Nuetral/Nuetral. I was surprised! But I did have more leanings toward Lawful and Good than Chaos and Evil

Stevenson
2007-06-11, 11:01 AM
I know! #7 was a stupidly-worded question. I think I answered "disagree" on that particular part of it, because, while it has served to support a number of ancient economies and while select ancient cultures did treat slaves remarkably well (I could swear I read that the ancient Greeks in certain city states - Athens, maybe? - actually gave a lot of their slaves some training in a profession and a small bit of education, along with providing relatively comfortable room and board), but they were talking in general. Also, they didn't seem to be referring to indentured servitude, but actual involuntary servitude (the word "slavery" implies this rather strongly). Indentured servitude (the practice of working off one's debt by being a personal servant for a few months or years) would have gotten a much less "NO WAY" answer from me, since it's at least voluntary, and generally ends within a few years, unlike the alternative. I of course answered "disagree" on that because I was looking at it from "acceptable solution from a moral standpoint" perspective combined with that. Though I can see why you answered that way, from a logical and "I have to not Disagree with three of these things..." standpoint. :P

-Runa

Well, greek slaves in ancient Rome got professional training and were paid for there jobs as doctors, if that's what you mean.

Anyway, I think that each choice should have been a seperate question, and asked our opinion on each one seperately. Some of them I disagreed strongly with more than one, or aggreed strongly on more than one.

Josef
2007-06-11, 11:19 AM
I got INFP and CG.

On an aside, I also study psychology, and I realised that this study is slightly flawed in that your sample will be very definetly biased towards the stereotypically introverted and eccentric dnd players. Just bare that in mind.

prufock
2007-06-11, 12:53 PM
I hate raining on parades, but I think the forecast calls for drizzle.

Your results are not going to be worth much, sadly. The problems are mainly twofold:
1) Poor sampling
Taking a sample from an online community is almost never a good idea. It's not likely to be representative.
2) Test validity
The MBTI itself has enough validity and reliability problems, let alone an online D&D personality test. You might find inter-test correlation, but what exactly is the purpose?

Hope you didn't get too soggy.

bbugg
2007-06-11, 01:26 PM
prufock - I think inter-test correlation might be interesting in itself. Sure, if he's planning on publishing a paper this won't hold any water, but I'm interested to see what he makes of this.

I'm Neutral, ENTJ

LotharBot
2007-06-11, 01:42 PM
I just tested as ENFJ (1, 62, 12, 44). I think that's the first time I've ever showed up on the "F" end of the spectrum. I've been ISTP, INTJ, ENTJ, ENTP, and ESTJ before, and I consider myself a strong T type (with E/I almost equally matched, P/J almost equally matched, and a tendency toward N.) Am I insane, or just difficult to label?

I also tested as Lawful Good (9L 21G // Good 39 Evil 18 Lawful 36 Chaotic 27)

Kioran
2007-06-11, 01:43 PM
I rated lawful good(more Lawful than good....Miko?) and INTP(56, 62, 12, 22). Would have probably rated less good and more lawful If IŽd had the option of sometimes tying in Questions (did it 5 times..........).

No really, alignment is interesting, especially if you choose soemthing which might fit the character. When in doubt, alignment is also a beacon to head by. Some take it out of convenience(the typical True Neutral wizard, with definite evil tendencies like always and firstly looking out for number 1 or our cleric of Kord Erythnul who only wanted the Greatsword), but especially for Beer&Pretzels Characters it offers the option of introducing rp later on during play.......

Timmit
2007-06-11, 02:53 PM
INTJ and Neutral Good.

Spiryt
2007-06-11, 03:35 PM
I got Spiryt alignment is: Neutral Neutral

With 8 points towards Chaotic
and 8 points towards Good

Total Scores
Good 32
Evil 24
Lawful 28
Chaotic 36

Maybe i'm strange, but i'm always trying to be honest with myself during such tests ( and I'm ALWAYS afraid i'm not - what character it make me? :smallyuk: ) Maybe i'm emo or something.

Anyway I remember 3 such testsfor now and I always got True Neutral (with some points toward Chaos, perchance)

EDIT: And personality test ISTP
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

89 12 12 33

Starbuck_II
2007-06-11, 03:43 PM
ISTJ

78 38 1 11

According to this alignment test: I am CN: though in the game I play I am NG (or maybew NN). Slavic Numenstra.

Granted, a couple questions I agreed with more than 1.

phantomhermit
2007-06-11, 03:53 PM
i need to rethink things it seems. i am INFJ and Chaotic Evil.

edit: i think i got chaotic because i tend towards the taoist teachings of "the government that governs best, governes least." i believe in following your own set of moral principles to the T. so i guess i am evil. but i think i am lawful- most of the time, though the things i have done in the past would suggest otherwise.

Alleine
2007-06-11, 04:40 PM
INTP and neutral evil. Hehe.

tobian
2007-06-11, 06:39 PM
INTP

(I took this test not to long ago, but I remember the thinking/feeling was really close)

And Chaotic Good.

22 Points towards Chaotic
10 Points towards Good

(No real suprises there except possibly the margin towards good... I always viewed myself more towards neutral.)

prufock
2007-06-12, 01:06 PM
I just tested as ENFJ (1, 62, 12, 44). I think that's the first time I've ever showed up on the "F" end of the spectrum. I've been ISTP, INTJ, ENTJ, ENTP, and ESTJ before, and I consider myself a strong T type (with E/I almost equally matched, P/J almost equally matched, and a tendency toward N.) Am I insane, or just difficult to label?

Perhaps either, or both, but likely neither. The MBTI doesn't have particularly good test-retest reliability. The types are somewhat fluid.

prufock
2007-06-12, 01:09 PM
prufock - I think inter-test correlation might be interesting in itself. Sure, if he's planning on publishing a paper this won't hold any water, but I'm interested to see what he makes of this.

I'm open to the idea that the tests may correlate, but this methodology leaves a lot to be desired, so even to the extent that we're only looking at the tests, the validity of the results will be suspect.

healbot42
2007-06-12, 06:04 PM
On the Typology I was INTJ, just like always. Percents were: 78 12 38 56

On the alignment quiz I was LG, but out of all the alignment quizzes I've taken I average a LN so thats what I think I am.

lacesmcawesome
2007-06-12, 06:24 PM
Got myself an ENFJ and Neutral Good.

Woot.

Selv
2007-06-12, 07:11 PM
INTJ- which, MB say, is one of the rarest combinations going, and yet we seem to be a rather large fraction in the playground.
I-100 (Very!)
N- 50 (moderate)
T- 62 (moderate)
J- 67 (moderate)

And Lawful Good, 11 points to L and 17 to Good. In practice, I tend to think of myself as more LN because I'm also a coward.

SweetLikeLemons
2007-06-12, 07:12 PM
ENFP
Strength of the preferences:
1%, 38%, 12%, and 67%

Neutral Good
3 points toward chaotic, 21 points toward good.
(I also found this test extremely frustrating)