PDA

View Full Version : Alien Invasion II (recruiting closed, game starting shortly)

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-06-09, 09:47 PM
Ok, now that we've completed A.I, it's time to start the next one. For those of you that are new, and haven't yet seen the rules here they are
Y'all live in a cozy little town close to the middle of nowhere, and a group of aliens has decided to abduct members of the town to run their crazy experiments on up in the mothership. It's up to you to root them out before they abduct you all one by one during the night, and replace you all with life like copies.

Townsfolk: The simple people that the aliens have chosen to abduct. It is your job to decipher who among you are the imposters and destroy them.

Aliens: The slimy little green creatures that are selecting the unsuspecting to experiment on and make new discoveries.

Area 51 employees (Masons): The fabled area 51 has determined where the aliens will strike next by interrogating a stranded alien from their last venture to Earth. A group of these scientific minds have infiltrated the town and assumed the roles of residents.

Crazy escaped abductee (Fool): This person was abducted by the aliens but has escaped. The disturbing tests the escapee has been put through, has altered his mental state. He now thinks that he can identify the aliens, but the drugs they have given him are interfering with his rationalization

Agent Fox Mulder (Seer): Agent Mulder works for the FBI's branch of the unexplainable. He was also able to find out where the aliens were to attack through his various contacts. Through his various adventures with Scully, he has become very adept at blending into new surroundings and identifying aliens.

Big Freakin' Alien (Devil): The mother alien. All the little ones come running to her every night a drop of her infinite knowledge.

Town radio DJ (Baner): The DJ has read somewhere that the aliens don't like Country music, so every night, he will find some he wants to keep from abduction by playing country music outside their house.

The Twist:

There is a random chance that an abductee can escape their captors and make it back down to Earth. When this happens, one of two things can happen from this. One, the townsperson who makes it down was has not been probed and had their implant put in yet. Due to the drugs used by the aliens, they remember nothing of what happened and return as normal people. Two, the implant was successfully placed into the abductee, and you are sent back home. But, now the aliens have control of your mind, and your new objective is to protect the aliens at all cost, even sacrificing yourself as necessary. (essentially you have become anti-masons). Any Area 51 members that get abducted and have implants put in them automatically fail due to the preventative measures they have taken knowing how the alien technology works.

Regarding Fox Mulder and the crazy abductee, both start out as normal townspeople, and after being abducted some time during the game either remember who they are, or think they can identify the aliens.

I'm going to open registration for one week starting now, and see where things stand then. (registration will end Sunday June 17th). I will need a co-narrator for this, so if you're interested, please PM me. But, if Castaras would like to do it again, she gets preference.

One more thing. I'm tossing around the of having a secret rule for the game that the players may, or may not find out during the game. I haven't decided I will have one yet, or what it will be, but if I do decide to have it, I will let everyone know before the start of the game.

Participant list (33)
Akaziel
Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu the masked llama
Bassetking
Castaras
Crystall_Myr
CurlyKitGirl
Dartonus
El Jaspero the Pirate King
Emerald Rose
Fleeing Coward
Flying elephant
Helgraf
Ink
inky13112
janusnori
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Mordokai
Nimbleswick
pingcode20
Pwenet
radikalskippy
RocketBard
Supagoof
Rumda
Shadow
Vicarin
Voidhawk
Vonriel
Whitehelm
Xykon_fan
Zar Peter

My co-narrator for this game is going to be doilemaster

janusnori
2007-06-09, 10:08 PM
Absolutely in again!

Akaziel
2007-06-09, 10:21 PM
Yay! In again! That was fast...

inky13112
2007-06-09, 11:24 PM
I have returned. (in)

Helgraf
2007-06-10, 12:05 AM
Bleh. I'll give it another try, though I'm dissatisfied with the communication breakdown team alien had.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-10, 01:36 AM
May as well, I'm destined to give Castaras a run for her money on max WW games played in. Besides, these are fun, and it looks like an awesome game, and I've never played Alien before.

Thanks for running this!

Shadow
2007-06-10, 02:09 AM
Well since I was the Radio DJ in the first one (that never got played....) and I didn't sign up for it's successor (because I forgot....) you can count me in!

Nibleswick
2007-06-10, 02:09 AM
I hope it out better for me this time, last time I was drawn and quartered. I'll join.

Castaras
2007-06-10, 03:50 AM
I'll sign up as a player, rather than co-narrator this time.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-10, 04:09 AM
pease let me play

pingcode20
2007-06-10, 04:35 AM
I'm in this time.

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-10, 05:02 AM
Count me in.

Rumda
2007-06-10, 06:31 AM
I'm in again

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-10, 06:47 AM
I'll join.

Skippy
2007-06-10, 08:51 AM
It sounds like fun!! I'm in!!

RocketBard
2007-06-10, 09:19 AM
I've never played a structured game before, but I would like to try. I someone could PM me on how to play that would be great.

Voidhawk
2007-06-10, 11:04 AM
Sounds cool! I've never played a structured game before either, but i'd like to play too if someone would PM me the rules.

Mordokai
2007-06-10, 11:31 AM
I want in too!

I'm just not sure how this goes, but I think after reading first three pages of previous AI topic I get the point pretty much. Is there any special rules that I should be aware of?

Zar Peter
2007-06-10, 11:59 AM
So, I would volunteer as co-narrator if you like but I have to say that my story writing is not very good.

If another one likes to co-narrate I would like to play.

2007-06-10, 03:26 PM
For those of you unfamiliar with the game please go here. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7599
That is the rules for the game of Werewolf from which this game is based on. There are a few changes for this game, which are in the first post, but the basic game you need to know is there.

Shadow
2007-06-10, 03:33 PM
Also, new players may wish to check out the stickied thread Werewolf Central (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36074) in the Structured Games sub-forum.

If you have any questions after that, read through some of the game threads or just PM me.
I'd be happy to help.

Mordokai
2007-06-10, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the links, I'm pretty sure I got everything figured out now, and am looking forward to start playing.

Vicarin
2007-06-10, 09:11 PM
Looks fun. I'm in.

Ink
2007-06-11, 02:01 AM
Hey, the last game was lots of fun. I'll play again.

Voidhawk
2007-06-11, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the link, i get the rules now. I've played a version of this before, it just didn't have the Baner, Fool, or Devil. I'm definitely still in.

RocketBard
2007-06-11, 04:57 PM
For those of you unfamiliar with the game please go here. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7599
That is the rules for the game of Werewolf from which this game is based on. There are a few changes for this game, which are in the first post, but the basic game you need to know is there.

When I saw this, it looked like it would have been conducted over PMs, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to accuse anybody. Is this assumption accurate?

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-11, 05:04 PM
Well, there's a secret and public portion of this game. Every night, anyone with a role which requires a secret action PMs the narrator and co-narrator. Every day, everyone in the village (including villains, etc.) narrates what their character is doing, and points at someone (using red texting) to vote for who they think might be an alien and who they want to lynch by mob-violence. Now, you do have to lynch someone, or you will be auto-lynched by default. It's unfair, but it's the way it works. It creates what's known as "first-day reasoning"..."Well, we gotta kill someone, so let's kill someone relatively random!"

RocketBard
2007-06-11, 08:13 PM
Well, there's a secret and public portion of this game. Every night, anyone with a role which requires a secret action PMs the narrator and co-narrator. Every day, everyone in the village (including villains, etc.) narrates what their character is doing, and points at someone (using red texting) to vote for who they think might be an alien and who they want to lynch by mob-violence. Now, you do have to lynch someone, or you will be auto-lynched by default. It's unfair, but it's the way it works. It creates what's known as "first-day reasoning"..."Well, we gotta kill someone, so let's kill someone relatively random!"

Oh boy, I hope I don't hang on my first day.

Supagoof
2007-06-11, 11:31 PM
General rule of thumb...keep your role a secret until you know for certain who you can trust. Do that, and you'll be fine.

I'm in for sure. Rather then MIB role in this game, I think I'll go with ET this time.

Make that GT for Graklok Terrestrial.

Except Graklok won't fit into a bike basket. I'll need to think about this some. :smalltongue:

Bassetking
2007-06-12, 04:03 PM
I'm in.

Let's see how this one goes... We lost Bolt Vanderhuge to Aliens.... This time... Fridge Largemeat!

EmeraldRose
2007-06-15, 10:05 PM
Still waiting for Empire Mafia to start...so I may as well join up in Aliens!

Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-15, 10:25 PM
But...Empire has started.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-15, 10:30 PM
?....Ah...I meant Mafia...:smallredface: Sorry Llama! I was preparing to post in Empire....:smallredface: Got them mixed...

whitehelm
2007-06-16, 04:33 PM
I've been reading the other games and they look like fun, so I'll sign up for this one and try it out.

Flying Elephant
2007-06-16, 07:31 PM
I'll join! I was in 0.1 (which was never played), and missed my chance for AI 1.

RocketBard
2007-06-18, 09:41 AM
Okay, it's past Sunday, so when does this thing start?

2007-06-18, 02:40 PM
Hey guys, sorry for not checking this later. We just finished a 7 game homestand leading up to the all star break. I'll take a count of who we've got later as now I have to call AAA and get my car towed to a shop for some work. Oh, and bump, we could definitely use some more players.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-06-20, 05:03 PM
If you're still open I'd be interested.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-06-20, 05:20 PM
I'd sign up too, if there's still some room/time.

Crystall_Myr
2007-06-21, 01:40 AM
Same, despite the fact that you said it was closing... *checks date* three days ago.

Vonriel
2007-06-21, 11:44 AM
Go ahead and sign me up as well, seeing as how you still need more people.

Soon, we'll have to start a WW Players Anonymous club...

Shadow
2007-06-21, 05:35 PM
"Hello. My name is Shadow and I'm an addict...."

"Hi Shadow."

"Some of you have slowly been building towards this for quite some time. That's not the case with me. I got hooked the first time I tried it. That was it for me. I remember my first time like it was yesterday. I was sitting at home, posting in a PbP game, when I decided to check out some of the other forums...."

2007-06-21, 08:38 PM
Ok guys, work has still been a little crazy, but I do have off until Monday now, and have updated the player list. We're currently at 29, and a few more people would be nice, so I've decided that I"ll keep it open until sometime this Sunday. After that I'll PM doilemaster, and we'll have the roles out sometime before a week from today (thursday the 28th).

RocketBard
2007-06-22, 12:33 PM
You know, maybe we could all put something in our sigs to help us attract other players?

Shadow
2007-06-22, 01:29 PM
*runs off to welcome new forum members and invite them to play*

Andre Fairchilde
2007-06-23, 11:18 PM
A blue sedan with tinted windows and government plates pulls into the parking lot of the local Holiday Inn Express.

US Air Force Captain Fairchilde, Special Agent of the Office of Special Investigations (OSI) steps out of his government car.

Wearing a dark blue suit, sunglasses, and hair cut into a crew cut Agent Fairchild surveys his new assignment.

His face unreadable, he pulls out his issued Blackberry cell phone and reports to HQ: "I'm in."

Dartonus
2007-06-24, 07:03 PM
A tall, dark haired man walks up.
I'm in.

Pwenet
2007-06-24, 09:26 PM
If it's not to late I'll be willing to give this a shot.

2007-06-24, 10:00 PM
Ok, I just closed recruiting for the game. We've got a total of 32 players for the game. I'll have a little chat with doilemaster, and we'll have to roles out by Thursday. I"m still tossing the secret rule (or maybe role), but I haven't come to a decision yet on it. So get ready for the probing, er I mean fun to begin.

Alarra
2007-06-24, 10:16 PM
Erm....I've no idea how I missed this....but is there any chance I can still get in?

Helgraf
2007-06-24, 11:08 PM
Erm....I've no idea how I missed this....but is there any chance I can still get in?

Ohh, puhleeese can 'larra play? :alien puppy eyes:

EmeraldRose
2007-06-24, 11:18 PM
Pretty please?!? With sugar on top!!!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/999243~Shrek-2-Puss-N-Boots-Posters.jpg

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-25, 01:01 AM
I will point at the narrators every single day if they don't let her in! Bwahahaha!

P.S. Pleeeeease?!?

RocketBard
2007-06-25, 01:18 AM
C'mon, let Alarra play, we need to be nice to moderators.

Voidhawk
2007-06-25, 05:58 AM
*huuuuuuhh*
PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePl easePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlea sePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease
let alara play
*goes blue and falls over*

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-25, 07:14 AM
So we're agreed that we're lynching the narrators if Alarra can't play?
P.S Pretty please?

Supagoof
2007-06-25, 09:21 AM
Yeah! Let Alarra in. Because if there's not a little girl running around calling things nalien's then my game is just going to be way off.

((Pssst, to everyone else. The narrator's usually die in the first post, so pointing at them here doesn't do much. But I will definitely point at them in other WW games if they don't let Alarra in this one! :smallwink: ))

@V Three cheers for PGCoD! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! *readies finger to point at Alarra because it worked so well last game.....*

2007-06-25, 01:06 PM
There's no problem with that. Alarra's in. I haven't assigned roles or anything yet, so it's no big deal.

RocketBard
2007-06-26, 12:35 AM
Yay! *giant hug for Alarra* We love all our moderators.

doliemaster
2007-06-26, 12:36 AM
Hey, I may die in the first post.........and only be a co-narrator........and never played a game like this since I was six.......wow I am just making myself look bad aren't I?

Also awsome Alarra's in.:smallbiggrin: Everyone loves our awsome Mod and game veteran.

Shadow
2007-06-26, 01:50 AM
*Shadow points at Alarra

Looks like favoritism to me.
Let's get her!

EmeraldRose
2007-06-26, 07:54 AM
Hooray for pudding!!! Yay for the Moddess!!!! :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
2007-06-26, 09:40 AM
:smallredface: Wow...erm...I feel loved. *points at Shadow (yes, I know we haven't started)
It's better this way, he'll just lie to everyone anyway.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-26, 09:43 AM
*points at Shadow* This is fun!

Supagoof
2007-06-26, 10:14 AM
Hmmm...I'm not sure if I can trust you two, but then again Shadow hasn't been lynched before the game started, so I'll agree with you for now and point at Shadow. So help me if it turns out he doesn't have a role yet, I'm coming after you. ((:smallbiggrin: ))

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-26, 10:25 AM
Hey, Alarra, the game's not started yet...:smalltongue: (Sorry, couldn't resist...well, I could, but I didn't)

I'll point at Atreyu

You know, if we change our points after the game starts, we can tell who is in league with Shadow, since they won't point at an alien. (There's no question as to whether Shadow has a role or not yet.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-26, 10:45 AM
Hey!! This is a sea monster avatar. Not an alien one!!

Shadow
2007-06-26, 10:49 AM
Hey, Alarra, the game's not started yet...:smalltongue: (Sorry, couldn't resist...well, I could, but I didn't)

I'll point at Atreyu

You know, if we change our points after the game starts, we can tell who is in league with Shadow, since they won't point at an alien. (There's no question as to whether Shadow has a role or not yet.)

Did you accidentally get a PM that was supposed to go to me?

I get villager roles too, ya know.
Villager. That's a role.

Bassetking
2007-06-26, 11:11 AM
Did you accidentally get a PM that was supposed to go to me?

I get villager roles too, ya know.
Villager. That's a role.

Villagers kill people too, Shadow. In fact, Villagers kill nearly as many people each round as the Wolves kill.:smallbiggrin:

<_<

Why aren't we doing more about the growing Townsfolk menace?

THEY ARE COMING FOR OUR SHOES!

*Flees*

EmeraldRose
2007-06-26, 11:28 AM
I want to point early too!! *points at XF* Look at him! I bet he's already been abducted...:smalleek:

*gets a pitchfork*

Castaras
2007-06-26, 11:30 AM
EmeraldRose! You are not of this world! Therefore you must DIE, strange dragon creature! :smallbiggrin: :smallwink:

EmeraldRose
2007-06-26, 11:33 AM
Hmm....an adolescent female who doesn't believe in mythological creatures?!? Surely YOU must be an alien!!!! *switches point to Cassie* :smalltongue:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-06-26, 05:01 PM
"Trust me on this...."

(points at EmeraldRose)

EmeraldRose
2007-06-26, 07:11 PM
Soooooo....does that make you an alien sympathiser if I'm an alien? :smallwink:

inky13112
2007-06-26, 07:51 PM
I am the seer! I have scried the lands last night and lo! I found one of the aliens! It is in fact Shadow!
The seer isn't a seer in this game
I point at Shadow\
the seer doesn't become the seer until mid game
(Cookie for the first person to find all the reasons why the above statement makes no sense)
there hasn't been a night yet
((there are 4))
Shadow hasn't been assigned a role yet
(((:smalltongue: )))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-06-26, 08:12 PM
Talking to EmeraldRose "More of like under a mind control pheromone or ray or something.

Agent Fairchilde grabs his pheromone sniper rifle out of his car.

"This may even the odds around here a little bit."

EmeraldRose
2007-06-26, 08:19 PM
Must be you that's the alien, Andre! If you were mind controlled why would I have you pointing at me? :smallconfused: Besides, if I had you under mind control, I'd have you pointing at someone else...

Crystall_Myr
2007-06-26, 10:39 PM
Ha! It's you, isn't it?
Apparently talking like this is "in" now. :P
*Points at no one in particular*

evnafets
2007-06-26, 10:46 PM
evnafets points at Jontom Xire

So what if neither of us are playing the actual game? Hes still a wolf!

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-26, 10:48 PM
Might as well join the pre game bandwagon.

Shadow it is

RocketBard
2007-06-26, 10:58 PM
Wow, killing people before the game even begins, this is a totally random kill-fest!

I point my finger at Shadow.

Skippy
2007-06-26, 11:02 PM
Gah! starting without me? That's evil!!!

*Points at Shadow*

Shadow
2007-06-27, 01:16 AM
*note to self*
Don't point at Alarra in game....
Even if you're kidding....

whitehelm
2007-06-27, 01:22 AM
Now let's see...the third person to join the bandwagon is the alien, right? points at Supagoof

Zar Peter
2007-06-27, 04:05 AM
Hey, he tries to use logic in the first point!!!

Zar Peter points at whitehelm

doliemaster
2007-06-27, 06:09 AM
So um, yal' got the game started before I was informed?! What does a CO-narrator even DO?! Just kidding I know this is all a joke. So anything new going on around here?

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-27, 06:19 AM
A joke? Thought we decided to lynch someone before the narrators die this time :smallbiggrin:

Dartonus
2007-06-27, 06:32 AM
Dartonus whacks the fleeing coward over the head with a table leg.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-27, 07:58 AM
I am the seer! I have scried the lands last night and lo! I found one of the aliens! It is in fact Shadow!
The seer isn't a seer in this game
I point at Shadow\
the seer doesn't become the seer until mid game
(Cookie for the first person to find all the reasons why the above statement makes no sense)
there hasn't been a night yet
((there are 4))
Shadow hasn't been assigned a role yet
(((:smalltongue: )))

Haha, I was actually right on a couple. Oh well, easier when I quote and find all the answers.

1. The seer isn't a seer in this game.
2. The seer doesn't become the seer until mid game.
3. There hasn't been a night yet.
4. Shadow hasn't been assigned a role yet.

(Yay! Invisible Text!)

Two of my (incorrect) answers:
1. You could be the fool.
2. You probably should have scried Shadow...not the land itself. However, as long as we're here, what was the land's role?
3 & 4. I thought maybe you were pointing to grammatical errors possibly, but was going to bring up your 3 & 4.

Supagoof
2007-06-27, 09:48 AM
No, you see, I'm just trying to throw a wrench into the gears. By lynching someone before the game starts, we are stopping the first day jitters of random pointing. Now we can point the first day based on these non-points pre-first day. Get the logic going early people.

Plus, Shadow wins something* if he survives a game. If he's dead before he starts, he'll win because he started the game dead and ended the game dead, thus not changing his placement from when the game starts. If he's dead, he can't die again right?

So I'll still point at Shadow.

((*Wins something? Really? No. Not really. Maybe a hug from me, if you consider that a prize....))

Alarra
2007-06-27, 09:54 AM
*hugs Shadow* You ought know that by now. :smallwink:

RocketBard
2007-06-27, 04:28 PM
So, when are we given our positions?

2007-06-29, 11:56 PM
Roles are assigned and are going out tonight and tomorrow. I'll have the game thread up in a day or two.

RocketBard
2007-06-30, 10:26 PM
The anxiety is killing me.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-01, 09:39 AM
Also still waiting...:smallwink:

*paces in front of the PM box*

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-01, 10:57 AM
I hope I get a role! Pleeeeeease!

Eh, whatever, being a paranoid villager can be fun too. It'd be nice if I actually managed to snag a role in the four WW games I'm in right now though that haven't started yet. I tend to have pretty bad luck with snagging roles in real life, so I'm hoping Zeb's (slightly) unbiased program will actually give me some occasionally. Thus, a new WW maniac is born who signs up for EVERY single game.

Pretty soon, I'll be popular enough to be lynched constantly out of pure paranoia! Yay!

Zar Peter
2007-07-01, 01:30 PM
^ there's one who hopes to become a second Shadow!
Let's lynch Shadow to show him what happens with these people :smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2007-07-01, 01:32 PM
Wait...didn't we already lynch Shadow in the Pre-game? Let's try again...

Points at Shadow. :smallamused:

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-01, 02:48 PM
If shadow dies can I be the heir to his throne? Oooh, then I will definitely kill him.

Points at Shadow

Who started the red letter pointing?
Has there been a Rebellion game based on Shadow and his legacy?

Skippy
2007-07-01, 02:50 PM
Huh, bandwagoning again?

Points at Shadow

RocketBard
2007-07-01, 11:16 PM
Will this thing ever start? Chances are that I'm going to miss a week from the game now.

Shadow
2007-07-01, 11:23 PM
I KNEW he was an Alien!
*points at Shadow

2007-07-01, 11:26 PM
Ok, I've sent out half the roles, and doliemaster should be sending the other half out shortly. I'll have the game thread up tomorrow after I get back from work. (around midnight EST). If you don't have your role by then, please send me a message. Then it's time to get our lynch on.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-01, 11:26 PM
See, even Shadow knows that Shadow is an Alien :smallwink:

*Points at Shadow for the pregame lynch*

Shadow
2007-07-01, 11:40 PM
Wow.
That was bad timing.

Shadow: I'm an Alien!

PGCoD: Roles were just sent out.

Shadow: D'oh!

I still haven't gotten mine, so don't read too much into this....

If shadow dies can I be the heir to his throne? Oooh, then I will definitely kill him.
Not gonna happen, dude.... You'll have to pry the throne from my cold dead hands.

Points at Shadow

Who started the red letter pointing?
Has there been a Rebellion game based on Shadow and his legacy?
That sounds like fun!
Let's do it!

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-02, 12:44 AM
Wow.
That was bad timing.

Shadow: I'm an Alien!

PGCoD: Roles were just sent out.

Shadow: D'oh!

I still haven't gotten mine, so don't read too much into this....

Not gonna happen, dude.... You'll have to pry the throne from my cold dead hands.

That sounds like fun!
Let's do it!

You could be biased you know.

Hey, I was reading Purple's post, and I noticed something. How are you going to know if you were supposed to get a role? Don't most commoners just lack a notification?

Skippy
2007-07-02, 01:08 AM

You are aware that you're getting lynched on day 1, aren't you?

Shadow
2007-07-02, 01:17 AM
XF:
All players (even "villagers") should get their roles PM'd to them.
I've seen games where people, on day one, say "Hey. I didn't get a PM staing my role!"
Which meant that you were a villager.

And everyone knew it.

It made the game harder on everyone that HAD a role, because they were immediately targets.

Skippy:
Meh, whatever....
There's plenty more games if that happens....

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-02, 01:21 AM
XF:
All players (even "villagers") should get their roles PM'd to them.
I've seen games where people, on day one, say "Hey. I didn't get a PM staing my role!"
Which meant that you were a villager.

And everyone knew it.

It made the game harder on everyone that HAD a role, because they were immediately targets.

Skippy:
Meh, whatever....
There's plenty more games if that happens....

Okay, I just wasn't sure if that was common to all WW games now. I know RV II did that, but I wasn't sure if that was common practice.

That's a very nice attitude towards your continual first-day or beginning of game deaths. It's gotta be hard being you. :smalltongue: Wait, didn't I say earlier I was gonna be your heir? Oh no! :smallannoyed: No, that's cool. At least I'd be famous on the boards.

Shadow
2007-07-02, 01:24 AM
I'm not famous on the boards....

In forums other than SMBG, people hardly know I exist....

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-02, 01:38 AM
True, but the SMBG boards are what really count anyway. Or at least, they count in every way that's not related to the title lists. Either way, I rarely check any of the other boards, so I don't tend to meet people from the other areas.

Helgraf
2007-07-02, 08:17 AM
*note to self*
Don't point at Alarra in game....
Even if you're kidding....

Yeah, you _really_ ought to know better than that by now. ;)

Skippy
2007-07-02, 10:35 PM
I'm a bit alarmed that I haven't got my role yet...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-02, 10:47 PM
Your role is Keyblade Master

You have 4 day night cycles to find the Keyhole and seal the Heartless away. You cannot be abducted by aliens, but you can be lynched. You must post once an hour for 48 hours straight or else the keyhole is sealed and you will die. After that, you only need to post once every 3 hours. If you do this for 4 days, you win a special prize.

RocketBard
2007-07-02, 10:55 PM
I haven't gotten a role yet.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-02, 11:00 PM
I also haven't been given my role, so I think Doilemaster may have not gotten the rest of the roles out. I don't know. Purple? Doile? No worries about getting the roles out immediately. However, by the same token, an explanation would help us to be more patient. Once again though, no pressure.

Actually Atreyu, that gives me an idea for a game. Has an SMBG Scavenger Hunt ever been played? Hmmmm...Ideas, ideas. I'll go post them in the non-structured games area for critique.

Shadow
2007-07-03, 01:26 AM
Be patient, my padawan.
The Roles will be forthcoming soon....

I hope.

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-03, 01:45 AM
I dunno, I got mine... :smallsmile:

Voidhawk
2007-07-03, 06:41 AM
He has a role?! Quick Point at Crystall Myr! (btw, I don't have one yet, so no lynching me)

EmeraldRose
2007-07-03, 07:53 AM
We're pointing again?!?! Haven't we lynched anyone yet?

points at XF

He must've really already gotten his role and is trying to throw us all off the scent!! :smallwink:

doliemaster
2007-07-03, 08:57 AM
I just sent out all the remaining roles.

RocketBard
2007-07-03, 10:53 AM
So, when do we start the lynching?

Supagoof
2007-07-03, 12:29 PM
After the narrators post the opening scene.

doliemaster
2007-07-04, 10:11 PM
I will be the first to know, I'm a whale biologist:smallbiggrin: and co-narrotor......I guess.

2007-07-05, 12:30 AM
and we're up and running. Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2831974#post2831974)the game thread. (If one of the mods could put it in structured games, that would be great.