PDA

View Full Version : G4 in need of reform.

esion9302
2007-06-10, 08:33 AM
If you think that G4 needs to change, go here and post your reply.

http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.aspx?catid=8&threadid=724028

Hephaestus
2007-06-10, 11:11 AM
Hear Hear! Reform indeed! Watching G4 makes me hate TV so much I go for a walk... actually... don't reform G4, it's the only thing that gets me off the couch and exercising some days...

He makes a valid point comparing MTV to G4. They have both fallen into the same rut... both now trying to appeal to everyone but their actual original audience. Music junkies and Gamers respectively.

Dr._Weird
2007-06-10, 05:46 PM
So are you spamming this exact post on every well-known webcomic forum or just OOTS and PA?

EDIT: Okay, you changed a couple words. I'll give you that.

Maerok
2007-06-10, 06:17 PM
It's sort of turned into that sort of 'stoner-gamer' mode. And definitely an MTV sort of transformation; though they do us the favor of not making the name so ironic (unless G4 = games, games, games, games, in which case I'm going to go postal). Fastlane, Street Fury (incredibly laughable), The Block... And now AotS, which was a decent show, seems to only be YouTube Central nowadays. And I don't know why Arrested Development is on (though I do like it). :smallconfused:

And excuse my view but it just seems like the women on there seem to be falling out which isn't necessary. :smallannoyed:

And does anyone besides me think the Big Lebowski, their apparent saint of movies, is stupid? :smallfurious:

RIP Screensavers and Call for Help... RIP... :smallfrown:

I like smilies... :smallbiggrin:

Kalken
2007-06-10, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I too miss when G4 was called Tech TV. Back when X-Play was called Extented Play and Nerd Nation made me feel hope. It seems like they somehow got ahold of some cheap shows that they thought would appeal to their audience. They've become Spike TV's dumping zone.

Maerok
2007-06-10, 07:11 PM
Yep, definitely become pretty gaudy. I want to know who is running G4 and MTV... Probably the same people. I hate how they still say on MTV things about like 24 hours of music television. Sure. And ye gods how Next along with those other dating shows are soulless abominations... Worse writing than an import game...

squidthingy
2007-06-13, 05:51 PM
In my opinion there is really is that much wrong with the current shows, it's just that they play the same shows all the time, *cough*star trek*cough*ninja warrior*cough*, I would like to see those shows on once or twice a day and then have shows like x-play, cinematech, or cheat played more often

Setra
2007-06-13, 06:33 PM
Meh.

I like Ninja Warrior.

I like Attack of the Show

I like X-Play (To an extent).

I love Cinematech.

I watch those shows. It's not like the channel forces me to watch anything else.

Ps. Star Trek can leave now, and never come back. I never got into Trek.

bingo_bob
2007-06-13, 07:25 PM
Right. If I got control of what was on the channel, here's some changes I'd make:

OUT:
Cops - This has no reason to be on G4 anyways. It's not even entertaining. It might have a place on TV somewhere, but G4 isn't it.

Cheaters - See Cops. I don't hate this as much as Cops, but then again, I've never really watched it.

Almost all of the late-night programming, particularly the Man Show.

Brainiac - No science whatsoever. If this comes up, I will almost always switch channels.

DOWN, BUT NOT OUT (Or heavily modified):
Ninja Warrior - This is actually quite entertaining, but it could stand to be on less. Saturday has better uses.

AotS - There's just too much stuff that nobody really wants to hear. However, the concept is solid, so with some editing, I'd say that this could become more worthwhile.

Cinematech - Good if I'm bored, but not really. Keep, but play it less often.

Cheat - Find a new host! Or bring back the old guy! He was actually entertaining. Kristen Holt isn't.

Star Trek - Play it less often. Please? Pretty Please?

Arrested Development - Good, but it needs to find a timeslot that works better.
IN! (Maybe changed a bit.):
X-Play - The only show in this category. It's what I watch G4 for. Do fewer theme episodes, and try and reduce Morgan's role (Adam is a much better reviewer, in my opinion).

Setra
2007-06-13, 07:27 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Braniac. I try to watch it on occasion.

karmuno
2007-06-13, 08:16 PM
I completely agree. G4 used to be one of my favorite channels, and now, more often than not, I skip over it without even seeing what's on on my digital cable scan thingy. Seriously, Cops, The Man Show, and Cheaters do not fit at all. AotS, X-Play (formerly among my least-favorite G4 shows, now my favorite), and Cheat should stay (I agree with bingo_bob about bringing back the old guy. Charisma was obviously Kristen Holt's dump stat).

Also, give us more/bring back (not sure if it's still going) Icons! I used to watch reruns of this over any other show, even if I'd seen them before, but now I'm forced to watch Ninja Warrior (which, I admit, is entertaining).

CURSE YOU G4!

Setra
2007-06-14, 12:59 AM
Oh yeah, I miss Icons

Also, anime unleashed.

2007-06-14, 07:27 PM
Remember Eye Drops?

Maerok
2007-06-16, 01:00 PM
Eh, Eye Drops was hit and miss with me. The same with the other one, the G4 version, (unless that's what it is), that showed clips of game movies or trailers.