PDA

View Full Version : Adaptive Style questions

Rahdjan
2007-06-10, 10:38 AM
say I have manuevers A, B, C and D readied. I then use manuever A. After than can I use adaptive style to change my remaining manuevers to say A, E and F? Basicly can I use adaptive style to change a readied manuever to one I've already used that encounter. Also, can I have the same manuever readied twice? BTW, I'm playing a swordsage.

Gralamin
2007-06-10, 10:43 AM
say I have manuevers A, B, C and D readied. I then use manuever A. After than can I use adaptive style to change my remaining manuevers to say A, E and F? Basicly can I use adaptive style to change a readied manuever to one I've already used that encounter. Also, can I have the same manuever readied twice? BTW, I'm playing a swordsage.

First of all, excellent Feat choice.
Second: Yes you could have A, E, and F.
Third: You may only have a a maneuver readied once, at the same time. Thus, you could not have A, and A, but Could have A, and E, and once A's use A.

Rahdjan
2007-06-10, 10:45 AM
That was as helpful as it was quick, thank you.

lord_khaine
2007-06-10, 10:46 AM
when you use adaptive style, then all those maneuvers you chose gets readied again.
in other words, if you have used all maneuvers you can use adaptive style to ready them all again.

and no, you cant ready a maneuver tvice.

bahh, dam ninjas.

Gralamin
2007-06-10, 10:48 AM
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that. You have as many maneuvers as you started the encounter with.

Rahdjan
2007-06-10, 07:41 PM
So if you take adaptive style, then taking sudden recovery is a wasted feat? Wow, I didn't know that.

I_Got_This_Name
2007-06-10, 07:45 PM
So if you take adaptive style, then taking sudden recovery is a wasted feat? Wow, I didn't know that.

Sudden Recovery is a Swift Action; Adaptive Style is Full-round.

That said, there's still no reason to take Sudden Recovery ever.

Jimp
2007-06-11, 08:55 AM
Slightly related question:
If using Adaptive Style, would taking the feat Vital Recovery ? It's the feat that restores 3+level HP every time you recover maneuvers. I am thinking of playing a Warblade in a low level game soon and was looking at this combo.