PDA

View Full Version : Does Durkon have his staff?

Zorgoth
2015-12-04, 11:43 AM
He dropped it in strip 1003. If it's still on the floor and Roy simply stands on it, he can't get it back.

EmperorSarda
2015-12-04, 01:04 PM
He dropped it in strip 1003. If it's still on the floor and Roy simply stands on it, he can't get it back.

I think you just answered your own question. Also, the anti-life shell cannot be used to force living creatures back. So Roy can just stand between the HPoH and the staff and the HPoH would not be able to get it.

factotum
2015-12-04, 02:42 PM
...which may well not be a problem, if he's figured out how to cast Protection from Daylight without using it. Even if he hasn't, there are no casters present who want to dispel that protection, and I doubt he came in here with only 10 minutes of the spell's duration to run...

littlebum2002
2015-12-04, 02:52 PM
And, you know..... he's inside and all. Minor detail I guess.

Psyren
2015-12-05, 02:09 PM
I'm also guessing it's dusk. Shortest day of the year, they're pretty far north, and Gontor didn't seem to have any issues going outside to grab the orb from the airship.

EmperorSarda
2015-12-05, 05:00 PM
I'm also guessing it's dusk. Shortest day of the year, they're pretty far north, and Gontor didn't seem to have any issues going outside to grab the orb from the airship.

If Durkon had time to vampirize Gontor, he had time to give him Protection from Daylight.

Onyavar
2015-12-05, 05:34 PM
Also, does the staff still matter?

The forum already tried to determine how many charges were in that staff... but after insta-necro-ing at least 6 mummies and 2 vampires (burns "several charges" each), and after casting protection from daylight for around a week, all charges might have been used. Since Hel and Undurkon were expecting a favorable outcome of the godsmoot, it wasn't unreasonable to burn all the last charges for Plan B's preparation.
In that case, the staff has the use/value of a standard staff unless it can be recharged.

For all future vampires, Undurkon and Ungontor probably have to bury the corpses (no prob with stoneshape) and wait three days. In the dwarven homeland there is little need to teach every new vampire protection from daylight. Once the vampire plague gets rolling in this underground environment, there is little chance of it getting stopped.

Which I think will be a plot point for the Order.

Rift_Wolf
2015-12-10, 02:00 PM
I've checked the following comics after the staff drop. There's no sign of the staff, even in wide shots. Although where it's Fallen is a tough question, as it's a circular room with the 'camera' changing angles when the fight carried on.
My gut says if it was going to be important, we'd have seen it. Like how I'm guessing Bloodfeast is gonna be important, with his newfound screen time.