PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Eberron Adventure Hooks

jabberwocky9
2015-12-04, 12:23 PM
Asking nicely if anyone can give me some ideas for adventure hooks for an Eberron Campaign.

I will strictly be using Sharn as the setting. Currently will be starting with two player characters consisting of a human Cleric of the Cults of the Dragon Below worshiping the Demons of Khyber and the other is a Hobgoblin Sorcerer. Of course somewhat a dilemma because of Dhakanni Empire and the Daelkyr War (Invasion of Eberron by creatures from Xoriat, led by the daelkyr which of consist rakshasas, and demons) from the past. Most cultists practice in secret since cults are illegal in all of five nations. They will be starting at 4th level and I do want them to work together.

jabberwocky9
2015-12-04, 02:33 PM
Either a slow day or no interest in responding. I say it's the latter. That's ok guys, I actually understand. A question that's been asked too many times. I just went by the Sharn Inquisitive to just to get things started.

One question. Is there anywhere to find discussions for Dm/Players in an Eberron Campaign?

Kol Korran
2015-12-04, 02:54 PM
A few small notes: the cults of the dragon below do not worship the same entitled Rakshasa ( and associated demons) are a very different faction and group than the Daelkyr and their creations. Plus, some cultsmay worship other sinister forces, who lurk deep within Khyber. So the exact worship may need to be refined more... if. For example, the cleric worship the dem pi n's or some imprisoned Rakshasa, that has little to do with the Dhakanni. At least from published resources. The Dhakanni lasted for a LONG time, and the lords of dust and demons may well have influenced their story.

About the hobgoblin- incubated minority actually remember or follow the Dhakanni culture.most have long since forgotten it, and developed various sub cultures, or were incorporated into the Galifar cultures. I suggest to read a bit more about goblinoids in Eberron, start with Darguun, if the identity of goblinhood is important time the character.

So there are still quite a few options, and the more detailed personalities of the duo might influence things a great deal. My suggestion? Since it may seem the players have ideas in mind, have a 3 of you come together, and talk... about what you want from the game, from group play, what sort of adventures you want to run, about the characters personalities and... how they've cone to know each other, and adventure together. This can save a lot of trouble, and give you a much better idea of what hooks to use.

Kol Korran
2015-12-04, 03:01 PM
Either a slow day or no interest in responding. I say it's the latter. That's ok guys, I actually understand. A question that's been asked too many times. I just went by the Sharn Inquisitive to just to get things started.

One question. Is there anywhere to find discussions for Dm/Players in an Eberron Campaign?
I think the question you posted in the OP may have been a bit too vague. There isn't exactly such a thing as an "Eberron campaign" per se, as thirteen includes a whole bunchange of very different ideas,games, campaign and more. You'll need to give more details:
How much do you and your players know the setting? How much do you wish to adhere to it?
what sort of elements/ stories do you find appealing in it? The ramifications of The Last War? The secret struggles between dragons houses, countries and organizations? A focus on the urban/magitech feel? Exploring the fringes of the world? A specific belief? Struggles? Group? Antagonist?
what sort of play style does your group plays by?

that sort of thing...

ArendK
2015-12-05, 07:06 AM
Kol Korran pretty much nailed it on the head; I can sling a hundred different ideas, but having a focus and a theme within the setting as well as knowing about your players styles gives us something to really help with.

For instance, uncovering a goblin cult of the dragon below in sharn might be an interesting concept, especially if they have the power to actually bring down the manifest zone, if even only temporarily.