PDA

View Full Version : Druid help

Nosta
2015-12-04, 01:49 PM
I need to know what is a good Druid gestalt combo that can get a nice synergy going well in wild shape

ComaVision
2015-12-04, 01:53 PM
Monk and Totemist are pretty nice with wildshaping

Red Fel
2015-12-04, 01:55 PM
I need to know what is a good Druid gestalt combo that can get a nice synergy going well in wild shape

Hahahahahaha!

... Oh my me, you were serious. Oh, wow.

Look, Druid is one of the most powerful classes in the game. Tier 1, solid spell list, options for casting, melee, and utility. The only mandatory feat is Natural Spell. You can combine it with bloody near anything and be insane. Combine it with Monk and take the Beast Strike feat, and crush things. Combine with Fighter and take lots of combat feats, to further brutalize. Combine with Rogue, and add sneak attack damage to your many terrifying bite attacks as a Cryohydra. Heck, with a Pearl of Speech, combine with a Truenamer and you're still on top. By the time you're gestalting with a Druid, it's incredibly hard to get it wrong, is the point.

Twurps
2015-12-04, 01:57 PM
I was going to link you to a recent thread about this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?466434-Druid-Gestalt), only to discover it's your own thread.

I notice you haven't replied to that thread. Maybe you can use that tread to tell us which advice you liked, and what you didn't like. In my experience, that greatly increases the value/usefulness of the advice.

Also: Some general idea of what you want to achieve, (house)rules used and books allowed tend to help us a lot in the advice we can give.

Nosta
2015-12-04, 02:05 PM
Hahahahahaha!

... Oh my me, you were serious. Oh, wow.

Look, Druid is one of the most powerful classes in the game. Tier 1, solid spell list, options for casting, melee, and utility. The only mandatory feat is Natural Spell. You can combine it with bloody near anything and be insane. Combine it with Monk and take the Beast Strike feat, and crush things. Combine with Fighter and take lots of combat feats, to further brutalize. Combine with Rogue, and add sneak attack damage to your many terrifying bite attacks as a Cryohydra. Heck, with a Pearl of Speech, combine with a Truenamer and you're still on top. By the time you're gestalting with a Druid, it's incredibly hard to get it wrong, is the point.

well I see. could it use a dragon fire adept's breath weapon well in wildshape?

ComaVision
2015-12-04, 02:17 PM
well I see. could it use a dragon fire adept's breath weapon well in wildshape?

I believe that's a bit contentious. Racial breath weapons are lost while wildshaping but it's from a class ability. I rule that the breath weapon is kept but others may decide otherwise.

Alternatively, just get Dragon Wild Shape.

eggynack
2015-12-04, 02:38 PM
I believe that's a bit contentious. Racial breath weapons are lost while wildshaping but it's from a class ability. I rule that the breath weapon is kept but others may decide otherwise.

Not entirely sure why it'd be kept. Alternate form just says, "The creature retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks)," with nothing about racial in there. Is the idea that it's just implied that you hold onto things less tied to your form? Cause I suppose that'd make some sense. Anyways, my handbook in my sig does have a neat gestalt section. Not quite as complete as I'd like, but there's still information that'd probably be useful to you.

ComaVision
2015-12-04, 02:42 PM
Not entirely sure why it'd be kept. Alternate form just says, "The creature retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks)," with nothing about racial in there. Is the idea that it's just implied that you hold onto things less tied to your form? Cause I suppose that'd make some sense.

That is how I interpret it, yes.

eggynack
2015-12-04, 04:22 PM
That is how I interpret it, yes.
There's some logic to it, but I don't think it adds up within the rules. The extraordinary special attacks thing makes specific exception for class granted abilities, which indicates general parameters for doing that sorta thing, and supernatural attacks have no such leniency given. You just keep them unless they're breath weapons, and that's the end of it. That's the way I see it, anyways.

Troacctid
2015-12-04, 04:25 PM
See the previous thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?466434-Druid-Gestalt).