PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Questions for an Arcana Cleric of Aureon Build

Levism84
2015-12-04, 02:41 PM
I was looking at building an Arcana Cleric of Aureon (LN, Eberron deity of law and knowledge). Looking at the DMG's suggested alternate class feature for clerics (replacing a cleric's weapon, armor, and shield proficiencies with proficiency with the quarterstaff only and giving them the monk's unarmored defense, presented as a divine blessing), I was wondering if that would fit with being a cleric of Aureon? In 3.5 Aureon's favored weapon was the quarterstaff. Additionally, as more of a scholar of magic than a warrior priest, a cleric of Aureon would probably eschew the trappings of war (armor, shields, obvious weapons) for more of a wizard's look (clothing, quarterstaff, and magical protection).

I just wasn't sure if this made sense to anyone else, or if it would be mechanically overpowered or underpowered. Wisdom is a cleric's key ability, so you are bound to get a +5 in it relatively soon, making your base AC a 15, at least. I was wondering what experience anyone else has had playing a cleric with the Arcana domain or using the variant class feature presented in the DMG.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fable Wright
2015-12-04, 07:32 PM
Consider reporting your post and requesting a move to the D&D 5e subforum? You will get few proper answers here in general RPG discussion.