PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Could you use SCAG's Far Traveler background to RP a character from another Realm?

Levism84
2015-12-04, 04:01 PM
I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on using the Far Traveler background from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide to roleplay a character from a realm like Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Eberron, or even a Fantasy-Historical realm based on Celtic, Greek, Egyptian, or Norse mythology while in the Forgotten Realms? I had been looking at playing an Arcana Cleric of Aureon (Eberron deity) and maybe pick up the Dragonmark feat from UA: Eberron, playing someone from House Tharashk (the Finders Guild with the Mark of Finding). Perhaps they were able to "find" a way through some planar rift into Toril, but I thought it would be an interesting way to use that background to bring in some content from another realm.

Would this be broken or too much for a background to explain? I wanted to get some insight from others on the forum.

Thanks in advance for your help.

JumboWheat01
2015-12-04, 05:31 PM
DDO's expansions had adventurers traveling from Eberron to the Forgotten Realms, so I suppose it's entirely possible. Unless the Spellplague messed something up.

Sigreid
2015-12-04, 05:48 PM
The default fluff for the Realms, at lest in the original release was that lots of portals opened and closed between it and other worlds all the time so...why not?

JackPhoenix
2015-12-04, 07:55 PM
IIRC, FR humans are from the other worlds/planes in the first place, namely Earth. Mulhorandi with their pantheon are from ancient Egypt, and if Forgotten Realms wikia is to be believed, Rashemeni (or their predecessors) came from Russia...