PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about comic strip 318 [spoiler]

ZFR
2007-06-10, 05:00 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0318.html

Roy says that there are 2 gates left. But shouldn't there be 3? Two were destroyed, one by Elan and the second one that was I assume was in Azure City. And since there were 5, Shouldn't there be 3 left standing?

In fact, in one of the previous comic strips, Redcloak tells Xykon about three gates... Why does Roy only mention 2?

There is a mention of the oracle and of times "...before we hired the lot of you". So, are there any other adventures of the Order of the Stick than those in this comic? Or is Durkon's remark not referring to anything in particular?

jindra34
2007-06-10, 05:02 PM
1.Roy forgot about Soon's gate... see oracle strips.
2.Durkon adventured with Roy before the OOTS existed.

Poppatomus
2007-06-10, 05:05 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0318.html

Roy says that there are 2 gates left. But shouldn't there be 3? Two were destroyed, one by Elan and the second one that was I assume was in Azure City. And since there were 5, Shouldn't there be 3 left standing?

In fact, in one of the previous comic strips, Redcloak tells Xykon about three gates... Why does Roy only mention 2?

There is a mention of the oracle and of times "...before we hired the lot of you". So, are there any other adventures of the Order of the Stick than those in this comic? Or is Durkon's remark not referring to anything in particular?

1.) Because at this point he's just investigating the two gates, not necessarily tracking down Xykon. The third gate is in Azure city, though I won't say where if you don't yet know, so Shojo already knows its status. he wants to make sure that nothing bad has happened to the gates he doesn't have access to already.

2.) Yes, there are other adventures. Several books have been written such as On the origin of the PCs that describes the trip that Roy and His dwarven companion last took to the Oracle. (at least I think that's the book I don't own any of them) You don't need the books to follow the comic, but occasionally a reference is made to something contained there in.

Ithekro
2007-06-10, 05:06 PM
The answer to question one is easy...keep reading, you'll see.

The answer to question two is the same plus there is a book called "On the Origin of PCs" which will add to your answers.

By comic #335 you will have your answers.

ZFR
2007-06-10, 05:07 PM
Let me get this straight... wasn't Soon's gate the one in Azure City that was destroyed?
Or is it still left standing and is the one to which Xykon was headed? If so which is the second gate that got destroyed?

(I'm still on comic 320, so please don't spoil me beyond it, any spoilers up to 320 are more than welcome)

Is there any way to get those comics?

EDIT: wow, 2 new replies appeared while I was posting

jindra34
2007-06-10, 05:08 PM
Let me get this straight... wasn't Soon's gate the one in Azure City that was destroyed?
Or is it still left standing and is the one to which Xykon was headed? If so which is the second gate that got destroyed?

(I'm still on comic 320, so please don't spoil me beyond it, any spoilers up to 320 are more than welcome)

1.We are on 463 your on 320 do the math
2.Order On The Orign Of The Pcs

Ithekro
2007-06-10, 05:09 PM
Check comic #290, you will find the fifth gate. The first one destroyed before the adventures seen within the comics.

Poppatomus
2007-06-10, 05:10 PM

EDIT: wow, 2 new replies appeared while I was posting

1.) The two destoyed gates are, if I remember correctly, Lirian's gate, which is somewhere off in the forest, and Durokan's gate, which Elan destroyed. If you look at the strip where Shojo talks about the gate during the crayons of time you'll see that one of the gates is in a blue city, which is presumably, at the point you're at Azure city, though I won't confirm or deny it beyond that.

2.) i believe they are available for purchase in the shop link to the left of the screen.

Spiryt
2007-06-10, 05:14 PM

Mate if Azure city gate was destroyed, why would Saphire guard still exist? They would have nothing to guard.
Destroyed gates are Lirians Gate (see six panel (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0196.html) and Dorukans gate of course.

ZFR
2007-06-10, 05:14 PM
OK, all clear now. It is Lirian's forest gate that was destroyed. Somehow I was under the impression that the one destroyed was in Azure City, hence the confusion. Thanks.

Cool, thanks.

Kjata
2007-06-10, 07:33 PM
And dont ask questions if you arent done reading what we got, it is really annoying and your question may be ansered in the near future anyways.

TheNovak
2007-06-10, 07:37 PM
Yeah, how dare you express curiosity or interest! Save your inane fact-gathering and loose-end-tying for later!

Sorry :smalltongue: But seriously, yeah, you're likely to get a bit spoiled if ya ask stuff like this without catchin' up. No need for the rest of us to be rude, though.

Icewalker
2007-06-10, 11:49 PM
I've gotta say, I'm somewhat impressed that no spoilers surfaced in this thread. I wouldn't come back though, you never know.

But yeah, catch up to now, almost all current questions will be answered, and about a billion more will be brought up.

ZFR
2007-06-11, 04:22 AM
And dont ask questions if you arent done reading what we got, it is really annoying and your question may be ansered in the near future anyways.

OK, I'm sorry. I apologize for asking.

Zherog
2007-06-11, 07:07 AM
You don't need to apologize, ZFR.