PDA

View Full Version : New Charachters? (SPECULATION THREAD- MAY CONTAIN "SPOILERS")

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-10, 05:40 PM
What new charachters do you think the OotS will run into after the Battle of Azure City arc is over?

TheNovak
2007-06-10, 05:44 PM
Well, I'm almost positive they'll be visiting Tyrania on the way to Gerard's Gate, so there'll be plenty there. Haley's dad, definitely, and I think Elan/Nale's pop might be the evil ruler of the country, too...that'll lead to some interesting, in-law conflict :smallbiggrin:

Also, I think Belkar'll get to meet another vengeful kobold.

kpenguin
2007-06-10, 07:58 PM

Indeed. Since Girard's gate is on the Western continent, we'll get a look at the Western gods and their followers. The Oracle, a kobold, draws his power from Tiamat, a Western god. Tiamat is also, traditionally, the DnD goddess of evil dragons, which kobolds are related to. So, it would be fair to assume that there we some kobolds running around in the West. Perhaps some dragons as well. We might even see some good dragons worshiping Bahamut (Tiamat's DnD good counterpart)

Gaelbert
2007-06-10, 09:26 PM
They will definitely meet Bob and Sue and Sally and Jim and... oh, wait. Probably Nale and Elan's dad, possibly Haley's dad.

ozymand1as
2007-06-10, 09:30 PM
if Roy IS dead 9not implying he is) OOTS may get a replacement fighter. I highly doubt this thought because methinks Roy is going to be brought back

kirbsys
2007-06-10, 09:45 PM
well considering the diamond is on-site (assuming it wasnt destroyed in the 'splosion) Im pretty sure they'll be ressurecting Roy... just a feeling because ussually the main character doesn't die and not come back ('cept maybe at the climax).

kpenguin
2007-06-10, 10:08 PM
well considering the diamond is on-site (assuming it wasnt destroyed in the 'splosion) Im pretty sure they'll be ressurecting Roy... just a feeling because usually the main character doesn't die and not come back ('cept maybe at the climax).

Well, the High Cleric and, I assume, most of his underlings were killed off by the hobgoblins and Redcloak, so I'm not to sure that it will be easy to revive Roy. Especially if Roy's body is eaten or destroyed, in which case Durkon won't be able to Raise him and they would need a Ressurection spell.

Vhaidara
2007-06-12, 01:40 PM
well considering the diamond is on-site (assuming it wasnt destroyed in the 'splosion) Im pretty sure they'll be ressurecting Roy... just a feeling because ussually the main character doesn't die and not come back ('cept maybe at the climax).

What do you call that! This is like, the fifth climax!

Mooncalf
2007-06-12, 07:08 PM
Someone steps on the bootcall amulet, Celia pops up, and is able to revive/restore him.

Akaziel
2007-06-13, 08:19 AM
My thoughts on this...

I think that Miko and Roy are going to have some fight in the afterlife, and just about as one of them's almost going to win, Roy'll get revived without anyone explaining how or why.

Oh, and Elan/Nale's dad.

ThorFluff
2007-06-13, 08:30 AM
Haley, Elan/Nales respective dads and not unlikely Girard or some other Scribble survivers.

Milandros
2007-06-13, 10:07 AM
Someone steps on the bootcall amulet, Celia pops up, and is able to revive/restore him.

I didn't think Sylphs had Raise Dead / Resurrection as an ability?

Zaldrak
2007-06-13, 10:39 AM
I didn't think Sylphs had Raise Dead / Resurrection as an ability?

She doesn't. She is not a cleric. And sylphs don't have it as racial ability.

Bilgore
2007-06-13, 10:49 AM
My thoughts on this...

I think that Miko and Roy are going to have some fight in the afterlife, and just about as one of them's almost going to win, Roy'll get revived without anyone explaining how or why.

Oh, and Elan/Nale's dad.

I agree, we're probably due for a good stretch of "Order of the Temp" strips in the meantime.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-13, 11:00 AM
They will meet an NPC named Johnny Klatchian. Who happens to be extremely paranoid and also obsessed with ingesting ferrous material (preferably with carbon). He comes from a warm environment and fears cold meals as a result.

Ganurath
2007-06-13, 11:23 AM
We will run into Yukyuk (My name is Yukyuk. You killed my brother and my nephew. Prepare to die.) when the LG makes their next appearance. The father of the twins is probably the one imprisoning Haley's father, so that leads to a whole mess of subplots if the encrypted secret that not even V knows is that Haley is actually a (half?) elf. I can say with relative certainity that we won't be seeing V's mate, though. The elves and goblins made their own Gods, which means they didn't have any local gods, which means they must be most heavily present in the east.

TheNovak
2007-06-13, 01:20 PM
I can say with relative certainity that we won't be seeing V's mate, though. The elves and goblins made their own Gods, which means they didn't have any local gods, which means they must be most heavily present in the east.

That, sir, is some of the most excellent reasoning and logic I've seen around here in awhile. I seriously never thought of that.

Here, you can have my last Oreo.

RobbyPants
2007-06-13, 02:28 PM
Yeah, what comes after Yik Yik and Yok Yok?

Yek Yek? Yak Yak? Yuk Yuk? After those three, he'll have to stop using vowels! Ybk Ybk, Yck Yck, etc... :smalltongue: