PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gifts for players

RFLS
2015-12-05, 04:59 AM
Hey guys and gals,

I'm thinking about getting some gifts for my players. We're generally set on dice/bags/other paraphernalia, so I'm thinking about giving each of them a set of coupons. Problem is, I don't know what to put on these coupons. We play Fate Core, and everything I can think of boils down to "here's a fate point." Any suggestions for what to put on them?

Steampunkette
2015-12-05, 05:37 AM
What can a fate point do?

Could you break some of those functions out and set up coupons specific to that aspect of a fate point?

What about reward multiplier tokena? Turn a token in after an encounter or session to get +10% cash and xp (or equivalent)

Maybe a get out of paying for snacks card that they can turn in and pass off their share of one game night's food budget on to you.

goto124
2015-12-05, 06:56 AM
A silly little santa hat for each player and PC. Can be worn on any body part, and even on top of other equipment.

RFLS
2015-12-05, 04:02 PM
What can a fate point do?

Could you break some of those functions out and set up coupons specific to that aspect of a fate point?

What about reward multiplier tokena? Turn a token in after an encounter or session to get +10% cash and xp (or equivalent)

Maybe a get out of paying for snacks card that they can turn in and pass off their share of one game night's food budget on to you.

Fate points can do two things: 1) They let you add a +2 to (or re-roll) a roll if you have something about your character that relates to what you're trying to do, or 2) they let you declare a story detail.

I like the idea of giving them specific scenarios to have a freebie fate point in. Like, if one of the players has a well connected uncle, she can use the coupon at some point to say "my uncle knows a guy who can help us with this." Something like that. Is that what you were thinking?

Unfortunately, the second one doesn't work. Fate doesn't run off of cash or experience.

I like the third one; just have a coupon that says "The GM will buy your food this time."

Velaryon
2015-12-05, 06:12 PM
One DM I've played under likes to give players a "1-Up" on their birthday - if your character is killed for any reason, you can use the 1-Up and they are instantly back to life, no questions asked. If the immersion-breaking nature of that is a problem you could change how it works, and I'm not familiar with the Fate system to know whether death is a big threat in the game, but it might serve as a neat in-game gift.