PDA

View Full Version : Druid Equipment Suggestions?

Ruarc
2007-06-10, 08:38 PM
I know Druid's aren't as dependent on equipment as many classes, but I've never played a druid before so I'm a bit lost as to where to start. The scenario is a core-only campaign, level 6 start, 13000 GP to spend on starting equipment. Any suggestions for armor, weapons, and other must-have trinkets?

Alternatively, point me in a direction for self-help. I've checked out the "Druid Handbook (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=465005)", but it didn't have advice on equipment. Thanks.

MeklorIlavator
2007-06-10, 08:44 PM
There is an armor enchantment in the Com. Adv(or Magic Item Compendium) that lets you apply your amor bonus even while wildshaped, and there is another item in the Magic Item Compendium that allows you to contiue to benefit from items while wildshaped.

Ruarc
2007-06-10, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I saw that in the MIC. Nice, but I have to keep it core only.

Jack_Simth
2007-06-10, 08:53 PM
There is an armor enchantment in the Com. Adv(or Magic Item Compendium) that lets you apply your amor bonus even while wildshaped, and there is another item in the Magic Item Compendium that allows you to contiue to benefit from items while wildshaped.

The Wild armor property is actually Core. However, as it's a +3 equivalent, there's a minimum of 16,000 gp investment in the affected armor - outside the budget.

At 6th, with 13,000 gp to spend?

+2 Peripat of Wisdom (4,000 gp)
+2 Cloak of Resistance (4,000 gp)
+1 Ring of Protection (2,000 gp)
Handy Haversack (2,000 gp - everyone needs one)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (750 gp)
Exotic Military Saddle (60 gp; for your Animal Companion)
Exotic Riding Bags (4 gp; also for your Animal Companion)
Leather Barding (cost varies - for your Animal Companion; Masterwork for later enchanting if you've got the cash to spend).

MeklorIlavator
2007-06-10, 08:54 PM
Opps, didn't see that.

Wild armor would still be beneficial(late game), but I think some good armor for your companion would also be a good idea.

Also, I was referring(mistakenly) to the Bearskin armor from the complete adventurer.

Arbitrarity
2007-06-10, 08:55 PM
Periapt of wisdom +2. More spells are nice. Lesee. You can't get wilding stuff, blah, blah...

Dunno otherwise. Get some utility, because that's all you really need.

Bag of trix! :smalltongue:

kpenguin
2007-06-10, 08:57 PM
Equipment? If you're into summoning, get your hands on a Extend Spell Metamagic Rod. Also, you'll probably want some dragonhide armor, especially if you're not going to do some heavy-duty wild shaping. A nice periapt of Wisdom would be extremely beneficial. Nab some stuff for your Animal Companion as well. Magic horseshoes, if you have a horse, would be very useful. Belt of Giant Strength (you can tie a belt around an animal, right?) would be good as well as an Amulet of Health (you can hang one around your animal's neck)