PDA

View Full Version : We are the Irate Pirates!

The Vagabond
2015-12-05, 12:58 PM
Each and every one of you awaken in the dark, as you hear the sound of silence. Light flickers through a staircase to the east, the wooden walls of the ship, a stink down below. Hammocks tied between wooden pillars, holding up the interior of the ship together. Lockers line the northern wall, and noise lies above. Otherwise, the area is littered with nothing.

You friends are gone. Just you, and five other odd individuals. Your earthly possessions are gone, also, except for Josephs spices.

What can you do for now, but grab your bearings, maybe ask the group what just happened? How they got on this ship, or how they were knocked out?

Begin Play. You have time for now to spend as you desire, but that time is not long. I will be unavailable for the next 8 hours, so don't try to do anything with the scene. So just bounce off each other.

Tuvarkz
2015-12-05, 03:28 PM
Josef jumped up, his hand instinctively grabbing his weapon. "Did we just get conscripted?" he asked, and then, in a fit of anger, shouted: "They better have not touched my ingredients!"
The inquisitor then proceeded to check his belongings, and upon confirming the presence of five tightly packaged pieces of cheese, as well as some pouches with spices, breathed in relief.

ylvathrall
2015-12-05, 03:42 PM
The first sign of life from Kimiko is the swishing of her tails. The one crosses the other and then flicks back, slowly.

This goes on for a few moments before she finally groans and pushes herself up to a seated position. Something, she thinks, is very wrong. She remembered having been in a human body most recently, for one thing, a sailor with one eye and an infectious grin that she'd chatted with a year or two earlier. She'd been telling jokes to an appreciative crowd, and then...nothing. She'd been drugged. Well, good to know this vile feeling wasn't just the hangover, at least.

When the big man starts ranting about his ingredients, she smiles. "At least we won't starve," she says. Her tone is light, and she is amused by the oddity of the scene, but there's also genuine appreciation there. Decent food, she's found, is not something to take lightly.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-05, 06:55 PM
Trott wakes up from a groggy, slow haze... which is sort of the usual for her, but this one was different, as she wakes up she hears two voices talking about food, which is consumed.... like drinks.... trott reaches for her canteen of real nice baiju.... no.... that's my butt.... that's my leg... wait... where is it? trott opens her eyes, all her stuff is gone, this is not where she was before... and some very.... very unlucky blighter has taken her axe. She had just won a battle of song at a bar, she had a few drinks, and then some more drinks, then she ran out of money, then she stole a few drinks, then someone offered her a drink.... now she's here... .... what the ****** ****!?!?!? Where the **** am- when the ****** why the *******, when I get ****** I'm gonna ****** ***** ******** a ******* ****** **** ****** **** ****** * *** ***** with a ***** who has my ******* axe! I'm gonna ***** **** **** sandwich their **** ******* blueberry ***** ********..... oh... she looks around at the rest of the people who just heard her rant.... she realizes that she has been pressedganged ... oh *****....

Tuvarkz
2015-12-05, 07:24 PM
"Nein, no blueberries at hand." says Josef, who notices that he wasn't actually grasping his weapon. "My bec is gone too, it seems. And my armor." The inquisitor then pronounced a few words and made some movements with his right hand, directing the small outpour of water that came from it to his face. "Now then, this is quite a disrespectful action towards a holy man of Gorum...but they didn't take my ingredients. Smart they are."

stack
2015-12-05, 08:45 PM
Jonah rubs his head and sits up slowly.So, my luck has run out then. Should have known better than to get a drink without someone to watch my back. Bloody foolish. Still, not like I am powerless at sea... "That we have been pressganged is obvious. The important question is by who, followed by where are we headed? I have a pretty good idea why I was picked, and it isn't for my strong back."

1Freakinninja
2015-12-05, 09:11 PM
Looking to jonah, Trott looks like she's about to say something, but pauses. She holds out a finger, signaling to wait as she stands up, calmly, Trott walks over to a nearby hammock and takes a deep breath... she then immediately empties her stomach onto the poor sailors bed, the celestial blood makes the normally bone chilling screaming that goes with vomiting sound mildly calming, something you could carry a tune... once done, Trott goes back to her spot, wiping her mouth with another hammock bed, I suppose that each of us got "convinced" to join up due to some reason or another... my music tends to get people a bit.... riled up... i must although make quite illaboritory statement, i am quite riled up that They **** TOOK MY AXE and my BOOK!!!. trott gets flustered for a bit, unable to say anything, she begins summoning little violins and immediately smashes them on the ground out of anger, doing this a few times calms her down a bit.

stack
2015-12-05, 09:31 PM
"While we could attempt an escape, I suspect we are significantly outnumbered and out armed. My abilities are rather limited in this confined space and even if on deck could do little to aid us without endangering the entire ship, which would obviously just give us another issue to worry about even if I had the time required."

1Freakinninja
2015-12-05, 09:43 PM
In the middle of her 5th violin, Trott stops looking at jonah in a bewildered manner... ... escape?.... oh hohohoho...... no.... they don't have us stranded in the middle of the ocean with them she stands up staring you dead in the eyes these slaving bloody barnacles are stuck on a boat with us.... I am not escaping.... unless it's to escape from the burning fire I am going to set right next to the gun power... after.... I get back my stuff.... she looks jonah up and down got that, bait boy? she is now panting, she goes back to smashing violins, trying very hard to calm down sorry... sorry..... I'm just.... not that pleased about being forced to do this *****...

JackReed
2015-12-05, 10:13 PM
Count on the mention of 'burning gunpowder' to rouse the stunned gunner. He doesn't rise, though, remaining flat on his back on the deck, trying to get a sense from the roll of the vessel how fast they're traveling and what sort of chop there is on the sea. He groans, to himself, as the lump on the back of his head throbs. Probably he'd been slipped something in his drinks but then again, press gangs have the traditional thump to uphold.

" Don't even be joking about fire in a magazine, ar'right? No one tends to escape from that sort of ka-boom exceptin' as a fine red mist." And after a pause, he adds. " The name's Nico. Don't suppose any of you managed to hold on to a pouch of water, did you? Bear of a hangover." His humor, it seems, is as dry as his throat.

Tuvarkz
2015-12-06, 05:46 AM
Looking at the man asking for water, Josef approaches him, and says: "Make a bowl with your hands. I'll fill it with water." before starting to chant again. "Also, my name's Josef."

Tiny
2015-12-06, 09:59 AM
"Bloody Besmara..." A pile of stinking rags miraculously produce a raspy voice that seems to be straining with the effort to produce an noise higher then a whisper. "Would ye all mind some less shoutin'? I be enjoying something of a hangover over here meself.." The pile uncurls into something resembling a person. Except a person should not be allowed to appear in such a state of decomposition without being long time deceased. Ropy greasy black hair clings to the skull of the mostly grey blotched skin of the creature. Long spindly arms moved by thick tendons as the creature get up in a sitting position. *cough* *cough* It coughs twice to attempt to clear its throat. "Aye.. Real peach o' a mornin' this one be Pete, mark me words... Might win a price as one o' the worst ones recent history." *cough* It peers around the room with it's head painstakingly slowly trying to comprehend the current situation. Finally it settles its eyes on Josef. "Water ye say? Might there be a pint in there for good ol' Pete?" He spits some phlegm on the deck and attempts an disarming smile but succeeds only in showing a face full of shark teeth. The voice sounds doubtful but hopeful.

Tuvarkz
2015-12-06, 10:40 AM
As he finished serving Nico, Josef looked at the talking corpse, saying in surprise: "Gorum's blade, you sure you didn't forget you were dead? Anyways, guess the dead also have parched throats." The inquisitor then placed his ingredients in Nico's hands, saying: "Keep an eye of them a moment" and then approached Pete, signaling for him to ready his hands as he started casting again.

ylvathrall
2015-12-06, 11:02 AM
Kimiko stares as the dead man turns out to be rather less dead than anticipated. There was a man with an interesting face. Not her usual fare, of course; she typically preferred to look less...pitiful. But still, interesting.

But it does remind her that she needs to change her own appearance. It wouldn't do for her captors to find her in her natural form, after all. Not at all. They captured a human, and a human is what they'll find down here. Though...not necessarily the human they caught to begin with.

A few moments later, the fox has been replaced by a human woman with black hair, green eyes, and features a bit too broad to be classically beautiful. Pretty, perhaps, but not beautiful. She'd been another associate back in Cheliax, who went to the block defiantly when her seditious connections were found out. Which was tragic, but at least no one here was likely to recognize the face.

"That is enough talk of escape," she murmurs once she's happy with her new face. "And more than enough of fire and such. There will be a reckoning for this, of course, but only if we live to see it. Until then, better not to give them any excuses."

Disguise check: [roll0]

Tiny
2015-12-06, 11:19 AM
More than a little surprised as the man actually humored him Pete nonetheless held out his hand as the man approached. Oh yes! Always thirsty! The copper taste is so sweet so sweet.. The whisper was barely audible through the pounding of Petes head, but he knew the dark thoughts well. He would have to find something stronger then water to shut them out before they grew to loud, and soon. Come closer and quench our thirst.. Manling The thoughts taunted him but he managed to hold them at bay for now. The last time he lost to the darkness he had lost his leg along with any doubt of his dual nature. He broke the chain of thoughts with a laugh. "Har! Har! Been wondering that fer along time meself to be frank. Me best guess is that Death has more important things to do then claim ol' Pete. Or he just cant stand the smell. Har Har!" Pete shrugs and shakes his head as if he did not care much for it either way. "He pops in now and then to take a piece away though." He indicates the wooden appendage that he uses instead of a right leg.

The Vagabond
2015-12-06, 12:41 PM
"Well, bin heard that be all I can take-"

A man walks out from the darkness, a whip slash laid at Trott's started, and six men walking the steps to join him, and a chuckle on his face as he walked in, his face formed into what was obviously an attempt at a grin, but looked more like a grimace of pain, "Still abed with the sun over the yardarm? On your feet, ye filthy swabs! Get up on deck and report for duty before Cap’n Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!" he said, whip in hand, "Those landlubbers who think that they can do without will end up with fifty lashes!"

Totty takes seven points nonlethal damage, and has her move speed reduced by half. Do you comply?

[roll0][roll1]
New Houserule: You may now decide to take 1 on any roll, and he took 1 on his sneak attack.

Tiny
2015-12-06, 02:00 PM
Pete blinked in surprise and let his hands fall to his sides as the grinning man let his whip do the talking for him. At least it was a interesting turn of events that the whip was not aimed at his skin this time as he would have expected, but the skin of the loud woman. "Aye aye. Ye made yer point clear enough. No point in letting good Cap'n Harrigan wait fer us." This day kept getting better and better. Pete shambled to his feet with a weary eye on the man with the whip. It's only a whip.. We could tie it around his throat before he has any time to act and strangle him slowly. He took half a step in the direction of the man before he realized what he was doing and made it appear as he was just heading upwards as instructed. The dark thoughts was testing him again and almost gotten him into a fight with seven men. He really need a drink now. Bloody bad day to be alive.. He felt a pang of hopelessness and he wondered where his little friends had gone. Perhaps they still roamed around the bar he was caught in? What if they had managed to get aboard the ship?

Does Pete feel anything through the empathic link to Evangeline?

Tuvarkz
2015-12-06, 02:28 PM
Josef grabbed his ingredients back from Nico, and nodded at the man with the whip, grinning, before following Pete.

stack
2015-12-06, 03:51 PM
Jonah sketches a salute and follows above deck. At least I can get some fresh air. Not like I don't know the ropes. Worst comes to worst I can always drive us onto a shoal and take my chances in the wreck.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-06, 04:13 PM
The whip snaps at trott, she falls to the ground from pain, as she begins to realize what has just happened, she gets up, she slowly walks over to the man with the whip, she knows that she won't be able to take all of these men on by herself.... but her pride is too great... she whispers into the and ear seductively, bad choice... you didn't know I play rough she then brings her knee to the man's crotch. If she can she then hobbles outside quickly

Roll for dirty trick manuver
[roll0]

JackReed
2015-12-06, 05:42 PM
The gratitude he felt for the water provided was genuine, and after slaking the worst of his thirst from his cupped hands, Nico was only too glad to hold onto the... spell ingredients? Must be, since the gunner couldn't think of what other sorts of oddments a man conjuring water from thin-air would be lugging around. Holding onto them turns out to be brief as he returns them when they're requested following the abrupt and violent arrival of what seems like some sort of whip wielding officer or, god's less fortunate, the bosun. Nico knows you don't argue in this sort of situation, and so he's on the bounce and headed up to the deck.

The Vagabond
2015-12-06, 05:59 PM
She wasn't so lucky- The man stomped on her aching foot in a heartbeat, using the hole in her defense to grab her in a heartbeat, pinning her down in an instant with some help from his allies.

"Wonderful- I love watching little angelic girls like you squirm, thinkin your so tough. Now- You give up, or my friends here will beat you down." he said, a manic grin on his face.

[roll0]
[roll1]
3 Aid anothers for the pin, for success.

Tuvarkz
2015-12-06, 06:15 PM
Josef pushed his ingredients into Nico's hands once more, and then approached the man with the whip, his voice's tone starting out apologetic: "My apologies, I casted a spell of confusion on the gal earlier for my own amusement," and the moment the man's eyes met his own, the blonde said in a blood-chilling tone: "It'd be good if this just ended in a prank, wouldn't it?"

Bluff
[roll0]
Intimidate
[roll1]

ylvathrall
2015-12-06, 06:33 PM
Kimiko starts for the door peaceably enough, but it quickly becomes apparent that things won't be so easy. What did I just say? she thinks as the foolish woman starts a fight.

Since it doesn't seem that the door will be clear any time soon, she sighs and leans on the wall, watching the wrestling match with obvious interest. "You mind moving to the left a bit?" she asks one of the newcomer's thugs. "I can't quite see."

1Freakinninja
2015-12-06, 06:40 PM
Trott grits her teeth, her hands shaking with rage, she knows she has to go with it... but every fiber of her being is resisting, with a lot of strain ...ah, yes, I feel the spell wearing off, haha.... I got to say... under that spell I thought that you were a giant dragonfly trying to take my shoes... I see differently now... it's all... fine... mr? she takes on a demenor of innocence, if not trying to hide her twitching eye, giving in pains her deeply

Bluff roll
[roll0]

The Vagabond
2015-12-06, 08:21 PM
The master-at-arms looks at the Inquisitor.
"I am Master Scourage to ye bastard! Know that that wrench 's going to be a pain in my side, and I can smell the bull**** in ya voice, Even if ya magiked her, WHATEVER ye weak godhead speaks, if she raises hell again, ay'm going ta rip her damned lips off. Now get to the main deck, and follow the guards." he said, dropping the young aasimar, and storming up the stairs, the stench of anger flowing past him as he pushed Kimiko in the face. The stench of Anger smells strongly of piss.

Pete would feel a tingling of curiosity, as his rat was scrambling around somewhere in the ship.

Eventually, presuming nothing else happens, the newly formed party are dragged to the top deck, as you are dragged into the light of dawn, blinding you, until all you see is an aura of light surrounding the captain, and the endlyss blue abyss that is the open ocean, as he stares you down from the Poop Deck, a shadowy figure looming behind him. If you look around, you'll see that you are not the only new crew- four others are standing with you on the deck, set apart by their relative cleanliness and their apparent unease with their newfound situation.
At this point, you'll be able to look around rather easily, to get a look at the main deck of the ship. The mainmast rises from the center of the deck, extending 60 feet into the air and topped by a crow’s nest. Rigging connects the mainmast to the ship’s other masts, and Several strands of thick rope are secured to the foot of the mainmast for use as a whipping post,a macabre brass-and copper clock depicting worms writhing through whale corpses, hangs from the mast above the whipping post. Two 10-foot-square wooden grille hatches sit in the deck fore and aft of the mainmast, leading to the deck 15 feet below. A large wooden box bound in iron sits just beneath the bridge. A small jolly boat is on the side of the ship.
The captain calls down to you all, "Glad you could join us at last! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for ‘volunteering’ to join my crew. I’m Barnabas Harrigan. That’s Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you’ll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don’t speak to me. I like talk, but I don’t like your talk. Follow that rule and we’ll all get along fine." He said, turning around, before looking at the PCs from over his shoulder.
"Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we’re still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There’ll be a keelhaulin’ for anyone caught killin’ anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you’d be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it’ll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of ’em." He said, before going back and leaving your sight, as his associate in the shadow jumps down.

Bald except for a black ponytail and sporting long, narrow beard, the man somehow looks angry, miserable, and uncomfortable, all at the same time. Bare-chested, his coat obviously immaculate, with pearl buttons, emphasized by the cat-o’-nine-tails in his hand. Everything about him shines like the smile of a murderer, from the polish on his boots to the dome of his head. His teeth don't match that shine, being gray and yellow, however, his face is fixed in a grimace.

"Alright ye bastards, I don't like having to take time for your petty work, so I'm just gonna make this clear- The guy with the herbs and such, you're going to slap Kroop, enter the galley, and fix me an' the cap'n somethin to eat, or I'm going to shove a boot up your ass. The rest of ye, see the rigging?"

At this point, you'll be able to look around rather easily, to get a look at the main deck of the ship. The mainmast rises from the center of the deck, extending 60 feet into the air and topped by a crow’s nest. Rigging connects the mainmast to the ship’s other masts, and Several strands of thick rope are secured to the foot of the mainmast for use as a whipping post,a macabre brass-and copper clock depicting worms writhing through whale corpses, hangs from the mast above the whipping post. Two 10-foot-square wooden grille hatches sit in the deck fore and aft of the mainmast, leading to the deck 15 feet below. A large wooden box bound in iron sits just beneath the bridge. A small jolly boat is on the side of the ship.

"Ya gonna climb that thing. If you don't, unless you want salt 'an blood on your scarred back, you best get climbing. So GO." he said, snapping his whip at the crew members.

Welcome to the crew. Make climb checks until you reach the top, and remember your climb speed when making a climb check is 1/4 your base speed. DC 10. Just roll a fistful of d20s.

For the new cooks mate, when you enter into the galley.
To put it simply, it looks slightly better than a ruin. The cramped and chaotic kitchen holds two wooden worktables, several wooden cupboards, and two small stoves against the port wall, as well as virtually every cooking utensil imaginable and a frightening array of meat cleavers. A score of chickens and three goats wander freely throughout the chamber, cages littered on the floor. The kitchen is a madness of dirt, food, and knives, The stoves perpetually lit, and large cauldrons bubble away atop them all times. A huge array of spices mingle with barrels of rainwater, two tuns of rum, cupboards full of ship’s biscuit and salted beef, barrels of sauerkraut, and a small supply of fresh vegetables. You see a large, some would say fat, man, weighing well over 200 pounds and standing only 5 feet tall, bushy tufts of black hair behind his ears, rotting teeth, and stains on his filthy apron. He lies asleep in the corner, a bottle of Rum in his hands.

Tuvarkz
2015-12-07, 01:36 AM
Josef salutes respectfully, glad he's being given a position fitting his skills, and heads for the kitchen. Taking a moment to make note where everything is, he places his own items in whatever spot he finds empty and relatively clean, using Create Water to wash away any remaining stains, and then approaches the ship's cook, spraying more magically-created water in his face as he says: "Cook Kroop, where are the sausages? Can't serve warm sauerkraut without sausages!"

stack
2015-12-07, 01:28 PM
i presume we are rushed/threatened via whipping, so no taking 10? Cause if not, taking 10. [roll0]
Climbing rigging. He has no idea what I can do on a ship, so I am climbing rigging. Abducted by fools.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-07, 04:40 PM
Trott looked around as she climbed the riggjng.... been awake for 10 minutes... got my foot messed up, twice, been harassed by two people with whips, and threatened to be beaten to near death should i not follow orders.... sigh..... gonna be one of those days isn't it?

Tiny
2015-12-07, 07:39 PM
As they got up in the relative freshness of the air Pete feels his spirits lift a bit. A feeling that is immensely augmented by the curious feeling of exploration, new scents and the wood under his small paws. Paws? He blinked in the sun. And did he just think of cheese? "I be drunk still.." he muttered under his breath. He shook the weirdness out of his head and listened to yet another man with a whip. What is it with all these men and their whips anyway?

Pete walked slowly up to the rigging as the boat swayed beneath his one good foot. Paws?Such a foolish notion. The taping of his wooden appendage loud on the deck. He made a pathetically clumsy effort of trying to catch a rope as it dangled beneath one of the other unlucky volunteers. The swinging motion suddenly made him feel very nauseous and he almost retched on his tattered pants then and there. Dam it all to the nine.. What would would he not do for some cheap grog right now? But a whip was a whip and he did not feel inclined to make the day any worse."Aye aye.. Mr Plugg.." He spat bile. "But there better be a bloody barrel of grogg waitn' in the nest!"

He whipped the rope around his unfeeling right leg and started to half climb, half run, up the rigging at a frantic pace. Sweat dripping from his stinking form as he jabbed his wooden leg into the mast like an ice-climber might use an ice pick for footing. Feeling the other kind of spirits rise and return to him as the climb progressed further. Burping and cursing and laughing as he made his way up like some sort of horrible scarecrow. Feeling a short burst of passionate joy at the refreshing wind. shouting to his fellow unfortunates in the rigging with uncharacteristic mirth. "Har har! Climb on ye sorry landlubbers! Ol' Pete almost forgot how good the brine feels on the face! Too little alcohol in it though! Har har!"

The Vagabond
2015-12-08, 11:46 AM
Mr Pugg ended up not paying much attention to toe race, instead paying mostly attention to Kimoko's falling on her face into the deck multiple times, laughing hysterically. It isn't until she began to try to climb up again that he saw that Pete was there for a few seconds now.
"Alright, your the rigger now. The rest of you, come down before you fall to your death, we need your legs and arms. Now grab a mop, the decks covered in bird ****, then report to mister scourage."

As they descend, he calls out to Pete, "You're my worker, so get off your ass, and get to work! Your on lookout, so don't fall asleep or I'm going to rip your arm off. You're gonna be stuck with Conch, so try to make sure that they don't flirt with you."

"I'm not goddamn gay!" You hear a Gnome call out below, climbing up into the crows nest, and sighing, pulling out a small vial of some foul alcohol, and downing it in one swig, "Goddamn, you fall asleep once and he leaves me up here with a rat. 'Least he could do is lay me with one of the lasses on the ship, but no, I'm stuck with the corpse." he groans, looking at Pete, "Listen- I don't like being here any more than you do, so unless you can get me a 'gal, how about we watch the seas in private, Okay?"

Conchobhar Shortstone is a handsome, honey-tongued gnome who wears a foppish purple hat, an eye patch, and a white silk shirt, and carries a dandyish cane. His appearance is that of someone pretending to be a pirate, rather than a true buccaneer.

Down on the deck, the remaining four members begin their first day of backbreaking labor, while a young woman begins her attempt to untie knots in the rope, muttering under her breath. She waves at you all, "Ain't it a wonderful day to get kidnapped, huh?" she jokes, "Not really, but it's something, ain't it?"

You can ignore the characters to get a +4 bonus on one check, or talk to them for no bonus but a chance to gain a few friends (Friendship is magic, after all). Either way, the Rigger must make a DC 10 perception check. The swabs must make a DC 10 str or Con check or be fatigued.

In the Gally:
Kroop groans, "Alright, I'm fine with that, let's just do our job stuff." he drunkenly says, slowly stumbling up, "So, we makin sausage? We got sausages? I say we just brew the crew some fish stew, it's the usual stuff." he said, stumbling up. "Don't suppose they kidnapped any decent chickens with ya, did they?" he groaned, "Probably not- They don't care much about what they eat, do they?" he joked, "Come on," he said, "let's do something." he said, getting up and grabbing a cleaver.

No check needed for this, but it might be a decent time to talk to the guy. Maybe make a few knowledge checks related to chickens.

stack
2015-12-08, 12:06 PM
Swabbing the deck? I haven't swabbed a deck since before I could shave. And even then it was to push off the rain I called to wash it. Fools, ignorant fools. Still, best not to tip my hand. Jonah takes a mop and gets to work. "I suppose being kidnapped at sea proves to have superior scenery to being kidnapped for a salt mine. Sunny side and all that, right?" He jests back.[roll0] CON

Tuvarkz
2015-12-08, 01:37 PM
Josef's mood dampens a bit after being informed of the lack of sausages, but then nods and starts readying the necessary ingredients and utensils: "No, no chickens. Two girls, two guys, and a corpse that forgot to die-one of his legs seems to have had better memory though." As he performs his assigned tasks, Josef also gives a look at the variety of knives, looking for one that could double as an actual weapon rather than an improvised one. "And because they are fools that don't know what they're eating, we need to watch for them, right?"

Rolling Profession (Cooking) for knowledge about chickens and for performance in the kitchen, respectively.
[roll0]
[roll1]

ylvathrall
2015-12-08, 03:30 PM
Kimiko growls softly as she flounders. Climbing ropes and washing floors...like she has nothing better to do? Like she's worth nothing more than a common laborer?

But she manages to keep from saying something she'll regret, and has an almost pleasant disposition as she grabs a mop. Admittedly, that disposition is pleasant mostly because she's fantasizing about pulling Plugg's intestines out through his nostrils, but she suspects that's a common reaction to him.

"Easily the best kidnapping I've ever had," she agrees with the other swabs, neglecting to mention that it's also the only. "My name is Kimiko, by the way. I don't think I introduced myself earlier. Too busy trying to climb a bloody rope.'

Constitution: [roll0]

Any chance I could use the cleaning function of prestidigitation rather than a mop? Not that I necessarily want to let on that I have magic right now, just...considering options.

stack
2015-12-08, 05:04 PM
"Jonah." the plain looking man answers, neglecting to offer his sobriquet.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-08, 05:27 PM
Trott falls to the ground, forgetting about her bad foot, the staggers a bit with a wince. She passes by plugg with a nice enough smile, but as soon as his back is turned she flips him off and makes faces, grabbing her mop she join the others in the cleaning. meh.... I've had better honestly... there was this one time with a guy named Morocco tha-.... maybe not the best story to tell to some new people.... names Trott if you didn't catch it, best damn rock boater and boat rocker in the inner seas as she cleans she strums her mop like a guitar, then frowns when she remembers that her axe is still not with her i...ah.... sorry I lost my cool before in the cabin... kinda hit me for a spin all this...

Tiny
2015-12-08, 07:33 PM
If he comes fer me arm he better be ready to pay better than the bloody shark that is certain. Can't swing the bottle good with one arm after all. Entranced by the look of the vial as the little man singlehandedly conquered the small flask Pete stuttered in protest. "B-b-bloody hell half-man! Where ye get that flask?! Ye got any more?!" Eyes wide and and fixated on the great treasure that had so recently been lost. Funny though. Even as the throat of the little man moved when he swallowed, Pete did not feel his usual urge to rip it out and gush his face with the ruby droplets. Must be the fresh air or the prospect of liqueur confusing me bad nature! But his hands had started to trembled now. "Ye might be stuck with a corpse, half-man but will ye share yer drink with ol' Pete if he introduce ye to one o' the new female folk?!" Pete pointed at the loud one down on deck. "That one be pretty enough fer ye?!" It would not be his problem if the lady in question tried to kick the half-man in the groin for the trouble after all. "If not then ol' Pete could perhaps introduce ye to another little lady later but sweet Evangeline be running around getting her bearings fer now. What ye say half-man? Some booze fer a broad?" He tried to smile but it as always it mostly looked unnatural in his ashen face. His senses did seem clearer up here though and even though distracted by the prospect of the sweet mist of oblivion they remained that way.

[roll0]

JackReed
2015-12-08, 07:44 PM
Up into the rigging and back down it with the quiet focus of a man doing his best not to get snagged in the lines, Nico reacts impassively to the proclamations of Pugg. No real benefit to acting outraged, and he knew how the business of pressing sailors went. Better to stay quiet when the boss could hear you and avoid the cat.

Swabbing wasn't mentally taxing, and while he worked his assigned duty Nico nods at the woman who'd made the initial comment about being kidnapped. " Like they said, it could be worse. Most kidnappers don't make sure you get a ration of grog, or for that matter, desperately need your help. You heard the Captain; they're short-handed. Not like it gives us much, but I'd rather be needed than not." Scrubbing at a particularly stubborn bit of filth, he adds,"Name's Nico. Used to call me Broadside when I was a gunner, but not much luck of that now, eh?"

Trying to make friends with the nameless lady swab from Vagabond's post, so a straight 1d20 roll for my fatigue check.

[roll0]

Fine for now, it seems.

The Vagabond
2015-12-08, 09:59 PM
On the Deck
"Aye- Ain't that a kick in the teeth. Ain't bad for me though, doubt Besmara would mind. Names Sandra." She said, "If ya need healing, I'm one of the few people who won't gouge your eyes out for it."
She releases a subtle laugh, "Still, nice to met all you guys. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's had an attempted ****ing by mr scourge." she said, "I'm liking you all already. In fact, I think I got some of you guys some stuff..."
She slips out of her sleeve a reinforced scarf, "I think you dropped this?" she said to Kimiko, "Got the quartermaster to hand it to me, said that Besmara blessed it, could you believe it!" she joked
She waves over to John, "Well ain't this a helpful thing here!" she said, pulling out a healer's kit, "Might be useful to someone, but I don't know too many folks..."

Trotts anger, though not in her face, did show through in how she cleaned the ship, which is to say, with wrath that would make a Runelord blush.
"The **** you trying to do, murder the damn deck?" Trott heard a small Gnomish woman (http://pfseconddarkness.wdfiles.com/local--files/rosie-cusswell/Rosie%20Cusswell.png), stumbling to a stop, "Cause murderin **** ain't the best idea when folks are goddamn living on it!"

In the Crow's nest
"Sure, that would be nice- I think I have another vial in my pocket," he said, slipping one down, "Though, I got my eyes set on one keen eyed beauty- Come on, check her out," he said, as he leaned over the edge, pointing to down to a short, muscular, curly brown haired halfling woman bolting forward, before slowly walking to a stop next to Trott, before bursting into what she said above.
"The fuk you trying to do, murder the damn deck?"

"A woman after me heart, that one" he sighed, "Shame that last time I talked to her she threatened to chop my hand off."
He leans back, "So I'll tell ya what, next time ya meet her, give her a chat, see if you can get her to like me. If ya got any ideas, then, who knows, maybe you'll find yourself some more."

In the Galley:
"Nah, we need to watch our back if they try to stab us." the cook said, angrily chopping of the head of a fish, and throwing it aside, "It's poison, this ship, but don't let anyone hear you say it aloud. The hull listens, see, and the cap’n hears it all. Poison the Wormwood is, though, rotten to the core. You’ll not meet a more nasty, sour piece of work than Cap’n Harrigan in all your days at sea, and his crew’s the same, ’specially the first mate, Mr. Plugg. Vicious little sod, he is. He’d take his own mother’s liver to the butcher to make pies with, he would. But they leave me alone, mostly. They know I can’t ’arm ’em." he said idly, as he got increasingly violent in his fish cutting, "But ya think that 'eyd have some decent taste by now, spending three years on 'is ship, but no, they want some poor sh-"
He looks back to ya.
"Ah... Sorry. Got a bit carried away there." he said, as he continued chopping, relatively calm this time, "Blame the drink."

1Freakinninja
2015-12-08, 11:13 PM
Trott doesn't look down for a moment, too angry at her situation to give a damn, but when the gnome stops trott she throws the mop to the floor saying listen, bitch of the lollipop guild, I've had a long day, I got kidnapped just as my life is getting better, I threw up in some poor sods hammock, I got assulted twice by some urine covered cod named scourge, and worst of all, my bloody axe is gone, so unless you want me to show you how well I smash stuff, I suggest you back the hells off before I punt kick you like a football after finally getting all that out, Trott is panting, her face red after saying the whole thing in one breath. trott, after "cleaning" her portion of the deck, leans against the side, she is finally calmed down. got a name munchkin? Or am I gonna have to keep coming up with jokes on your hight?

ylvathrall
2015-12-09, 04:42 AM
"Oh, that's mine all right," Kimiko says, taking the scarf from Sandra. She promptly drapes it over her shoulders, making sure it looks like nothing more than a simple article of clothing.

"I know we just got here," she says. "But is there something I can do to repay your generosity? I prefer to always pay my debts...for better or worse."

What the heck, we'll try for the Sense Motive option.
[roll0]

Tiny
2015-12-09, 08:15 AM
Pete looked again at the curious little man with doubt in his mind. Him making someone like anyone? But it was for a good cause... Eagerly reaching for the bottle presented and the liquid mind killer inside. Letting out a low whistle as he overheard the conversation below. Chugging down the contents of the vial with a blissful look plastered on his face. "Yer one o' them men who laugh at the face o' danger I be recon'? She seems to be about as friendly as the shark that took me leg! Har har! But ol' Pete is nothin' but an honest corpse, an if ye feel like flirtin' with the devil itself he'll give ye a hand fer bit o' the shine. Not one with the most luck with the ladies though if ye catch me drift. Har har!" Taking the measure of the gnome beside him he felt a bit better that the little fellow did not seem to mind his company much and apparently could help him with drinks. Things might be looking up after all. [roll0]

Tuvarkz
2015-12-09, 12:12 PM
Listening to troubled men is part of his duties as a holy man, and Josef does so with a comprehensive look, giving a smile at the cook as he ends his ramblings-he does keep the information to memory, while he continues removing the the scales from the fishes that Krupp beheads.

stack
2015-12-09, 12:19 PM
Jonah takes the kit with a weary smile. "Thank you, I am sure it will benefit many of us before our circumstances change." [roll0]

JackReed
2015-12-09, 09:34 PM
" Blessed by Besmara is a good line. Not many at sea who'll risk ticking that one off." Continuing on talking to Sandra while he scrubs and swabs, Nico jokes," Shame you couldn't find my musket anywhere. Things such a battered wreck it wouldn't surprise me to find they'd turned it into a mop or some such."

The Vagabond
2015-12-09, 11:40 PM
"Screw around with Scourge, is what I say. The man's a **** with a **** that's a ****," she said to the Kitsune, "but hey, least he grabbed some decent folks to join the crew." she said, patting her shoulder, grabbing the rope.
She looked over to Jonah, "Aye, it'll save me a few spells."
She waves to Broadside, "Well, I am a cleric, so I can get away with it pretty well," she joked, "Either way, could probably get something for you later on, maybe a pistol." she said, "Either way, it's nice to meet some friendly faces." she said, "Take it from me- On a ship, who you know matters more than what you have on this ship."

Options: Heal, Question, Flirt, Requisition, Gather Info.
Check: She seems to have been here for a small amount of time, but is still relatively new. She's gotten some of your stuff, so maybe she can get you a few good words for the quartermaster. She seems to hold a grudge against the quartermaster.

"Welcome to the crew." she joked sarcastically, "Names Rosie. And if the fact that even Scourge is to scared to take this," she said, flipping out her axe in her hand, "Off my hands, then I'd say I ain't got myself a bit of weakness." she joked, "And I could break apart ya apart twice as well as you could punt me. So I'm off to deliver this message, ya hear? 'ave a good day murdering dirt." she said, walking off with a look of annoyance on her face.

"Aye, but look at her! She ripples every moment with muscle and beuty, strong, unyielding, unending in her fortitude... A wonder of a woman, and one you'd not be likely to find anywhere again once you found 'er, and just as worthy a prize. But I got to say, that lass she's debating with is quite the tiger, I wouldn't mind having myself a bit of a ride with her, huh?" the Gnome joked, "Heard she bit someone's head off, that one- Now THAT lass is someone who you wouldn't try your hand at." he said.

Thus, I don't think there's much else you guys can do today. As such, I think we're going to go with a timeskip to the evening. Influence checks have been made, and many successes and failures, but a lot gained, and the first day reaches it's close. Dusk slowly approaches, and the captain calls down.

Right before rations are delivered, you hear the call of the Captain.
"Attention, fine members of the crew. Today, to the new members, I am here to show you what happens, when one is disobedient."
Mr Pugg throws down a sailor, a grin on his face.
"This man, Jakes Magpie, is a thief. A liar. One to whom it took Mr Pugg quite a bit of time to make confess to his theft. Let it be known, that those who disobey the laws on this ship, that this is the fate to which they shall meet."
Everyone is forced to watch as he is tied to the rope, and, for a solid minute, is dragged underneath the ship. All that returns from the other side is shredded to bits.
"Let this be your lesson. Enjoy the remainder of your evening." he said, returning to the poop deck with his ration of rum, Koop passing out everyone their rations for the day.

Everyone is granted a ration of rum- In this case, make a DC 5 fortitude check, or take 1d3 constitution damage. Kroop hands a gold piece to Josef, and Sandra tosses Broadside a coin with a wink.

Every day and every night, you have a ship action. You may perform any of the following things tonight:

Sleep: You go to bed early to remove any fatigue you might have gathered.
Gamble: Play or gamble on a game of chance or pirate entertainment (Arm Wrestling, Hog and Lob, and Heave), gaining some gold.
Entertain: Make a perform check to entertain the crew, to gain a +2 check on any influence attempts.
Influence: Try to influence a NPC
Sneak: Sneak around the ship to discover what lies around. Take 20 on a perception check, and gain a map of the ship.
Steal: Steal something from a room or a building. This requires a slight of hand check.

You can do the last three options thrice in a night, by making a (DC 10, +4 per extra ship action taken) constitution check or be fatigued for the next day.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-10, 02:03 AM
Trott eyes Rosie as she leaves, as much as she wants to beat the little gremlin to pieces, she does have some respect for her, the kind of respect that she would buy a drink for her afer punching her face in but respect none the less. When she witnesses the killing of magpie, she feels disgust for the captain and the first mate, but she soon finds that she has been given two of her favorite stress relievers, some booze and a crowd. As she gets her rum ration, she looks around at the rest of the crew.... bit of a literal captive audience... but I ain't one to judge Trott drinks the full ration in one gulp and summons a ukulele, little flaming wings are painted on it. Trott jumps fully onto a table hey all you bastards?!?!?!? Let's make the most of this forced cruise liner and make this a real piratey night?!?! She proceeds to rock the entire night, she eventually passes out on the floor next to her hammock

The first con roll for booze town
[roll0]
And if the dice gods hate me....
[roll1]

Let's see how hard I rock these bastards eh? String preformance, and for shuts and giggles I use up my rage song for the day to make the party all the more awesome 6 rounds in total
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

And just in case you want some real music to go along with it.... It'll Get Better Once I Get me axe back

https://youtu.be/24el6drbsJg
https://youtu.be/xlN92dI69lA
This is currently the most rock music I can preform
https://youtu.be/1iy0jnL3NDQ

Chances are imma be fatigued tomorrow but seeing as I got no real items today, it would have happened anyway because of hedonistic so... party hardy scallywags. dc18

[roll5]

Tuvarkz
2015-12-10, 04:53 AM
Josef decides to pretend he drinks the rum, but then moves so that he faces outwards of the ship and spits it all out, washing his mouth with magically created water. Seeing that someone in the group has gotten his healer's kit, he says: "Wait, is that my kit?"
Shortly afterwards, he tries his luck at arm wrestling, trying to make some extra money.
((Rolls for Arm wrestling?))

Tiny
2015-12-10, 03:35 PM
The drink is in Pete 's case recived like a long lost child. He downs the precious drops without delay while he desperately tries to ignore the spectacle the captain shows them. Tastey pice of meat that the captain prepared for us. A waste to give all that sweet life to the sharks and the sea though. He let the grog kill his emotions and dull his senses. Forcing the thoughts away. Better get me bearings on the ship tonight. Perhaps I can even find Evangeline or Slithers. [roll0] I am on my phone so I will check the bonus for later. Getting a map of the ship.

JackReed
2015-12-10, 11:49 PM
Nico is absolutely horrified at the keelhauling and his poker face is non-existent during the event; he'd never actually seen one before. It was the sort of mythical punishment which existed on well-run ships which might be threatened, might exist in potentia, but would never actually be carried out. What was the point?

The arrival of the rum ration was a welcome one to scourge away the horror of the mangled remains. Tossing it back and drinking it in three hurried gulps, he nodded in thanks to Sandra when the coin was tossed, deftly pocketing the gold before its gleam can attract any untoward attention. Speaking of untoward attention, the ex-gunner spends most of the rest of the night lurking about the ship, figuring which compartments are where and who has claim to what section of which bulkhead. Shame to get shivved just because you were kipped out in someone else's thwart.

Drinking: [roll0]
Nico is just getting a lay of the land the first night, and looking around the ship to get that there map. He and Pete can compare notes.

stack
2015-12-11, 10:38 AM
Jonah helps bandage the mans wounds, giving further treatment that evening.i didn't get an answer, so assuming he is alive, take ten to treat deadly wounds, then use the heal action.

Fort [roll0] for grog

Will use restore on self to remove fatigue if he can find a quiet place to do so, otherwise just be fatigued to conceal his casting abilities unless he can heal and sleep both

The Vagabond
2015-12-11, 11:10 AM
"Hey, you think your so good- Make me a Violin, and I'll show that I'm twice the musician than you!" You hear Rosie call to you, "What are ye, chicken? Come on, show me that fire in your soul!" you hear her drunkily shout.

Josef would find that the kit was, in fact, not his. 'Course, that isn't that bad- Maybe you could ask the quartermast for your thing.
Ah, yes, the old Pirate Arm Wrestling- Far more dangerous than regular arm-wrestling, when pirates arm-wrestle, it's over something that'll wreck havoc on the arm- In this case, a bunch of glass.
At the table, you see a man wearing a bandanna over his ear, shaved rather poorly. He grins at you, "Hope that ain't all ya gold." he said, a malicious grin on his face.

To arm wrestle, make an opposed strength check, and roll 1d2 plus strength mod for the damage you deal on the glass.
[roll0][roll1]

Nico and Pete begin their skulking around, quickly walking around the ship, getting a quick lay of the land. You figure out roughly how the ship appears, and the format.

Ship Map (http://www.lby3.com/dnd/images/d/d5/Ship_-_The_Wormwood.jpg)

A1: This raised deck stands some 10 feet above the main deck (area A3), immediately behind the bowsprit, which is shaped like a rearing dragon. The foremast rises 30 feet above this deck.
A2: That's the poopdeck, which the Captain is standing on. So not really that reliable.
A3: This is the main deck, where everyone is getting drunk and having a nice time.
A4: The doors to the Commanders quarters are locked with a good lock, so no real hope of getting in.
A5: Also locked- Appears to be the captains quarters. Probably not a good idea to sneak in yet.
A6. This is quite obviously the ship’s main cargo hold, with nothing but a bunch of pigs in caves, a flight of wooden stairs to a4, while a second set to A10. There's someone down below. There's a staircase to the Captains Quarters, but it's locked. There are two ballistas lying around, a bunch of oil barrels, then a disassembled thing.
A7: This tiny cabin contains two beds and two footlockers. With a large, fat man sleeping in one of them, and a chicken sleeping in the other one.
A8: Lots of sharp knives, cooking utensils. Lots of them, and there's a lot of stuff everywhere, to the point where you probably won't be able to actually FIND anything.
A10: Lots of hammocks and lockers. There's a hatch to the bilges.
A11: These are the bilges, with about six locks on them. There's a single bilge-pump.

A9: The door to this area is locked.

Pete would find Evangeline sneaking around the gally, and Slithers in the Bilges.

You cannot heal a man who is thrown to the sharks and dead.

Tuvarkz
2015-12-11, 11:25 AM
Upon checking the kit, the inquisitor says: "Hm, not mine." and hands it back to Jonah.
Later on, he matches the vicious grin with one of his own, saying: "And I hope you know when to quit, for your own sake."
[roll0][roll1]

1Freakinninja
2015-12-11, 12:03 PM
Trott immediately stops playing, a hush falls on the room, she turns around and looks at Rosie. You can swear there was some lightning in her eyes. She slowly walks up to the gnome, summoning the instrument as she goes by. Nothing else exists for Trott right now, other than her and Rosie, she throw the violin to the little woman ,as soon as she catches it, Trott strums a few cords, challenging Rosie, unlike before, she seems focused, hungry even. She says nothing... and begins to play

The roll of rock, totally not nervous about this one
[roll0]

ylvathrall
2015-12-11, 05:32 PM
"Screw Scourge?" Kimiko says to Sandra, smirking. "Even I've got higher standards than that. But I'm sure I can come up with something to do to him, if that's what you'd like. That, or if you ever want to have some fun, just let me know. I owe you one for the scarf."

Later, she watches the keelhauling without much evidence of caring one way or another. It's not really her business. And quicker than it could have been, even if the sorry bastard went through plenty beforehand.

Once that's done with, she sips at her rum thoughtfully, gauging the crowd's receptiveness to an old and amusing story about a rather luckless ship's captain.

Save against rum: [roll0] or take [roll1] Con damage

Knowledge (local) against DC 15 to know a story (from the Barroom Talespinner trait): [roll2]

Can I combine telling the story, if I know one, with a Perform (comedy) check as part of the Entertain action?

The Vagabond
2015-12-13, 12:14 AM
Rosie held the violin in hand, and readied her hand.
Then she began her violin, her music flowing over the crew as she stood tall, intent not to falter, or to fail in her challange against the bitch she saw before her.

The Pirate yelled in pain at the punch, and glared him in the eye, "Rematch you ****er, double your previous! I'm going to destroy your arm so completely, you ain't gonna have one after this!" he said, as he turned to his left to Sandra, "Heal my ass so I don't end up without an arm."
After the healing, he holds up his arm, a fire in his eyes.
You have gained one GP. Do you wager two?

[roll0]
Rosie and the Musical Battle
[roll1] perform (Strings)

Battle of the Arms
Heal [roll2] damage to Cog.
Second bout of fighting, c'mon, don't be chicken ya daft bastard! he said, the melodies going on in the background filling him with righteous rage.
[roll3][roll4]

There's silence as the Kitsune struggles to remember a story, a drunk woman barfing off the side of the ship to her left.
Telling stories you know mesh rather well together, so feel free to double up.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-13, 01:26 AM
Trott smiles as she gains the advantage, the first sign of emotion since they started. A bead of sweat rolls down her head, she knows that the toadstool had more experience than her, more skill, but Trott knew she had more determination than half this ships crew combined. trying to get her to flinch, psych her out, She shifts the octave higher, slowing and speeding up the tempo, anything she can do to make her opponent falter. She had to win, she was compelled to. what's the matter gumdrop? Fingers getting tired?

I think we either keep going until the crew says who was better, or when one of us can't play anymore, I'm going by duel standards right?

Indimidate roll
[roll0]
Strings roll
[roll1]

Tuvarkz
2015-12-13, 04:14 AM
The moment the pirate shook in pain, Josef glared at him with profane might, and upon his return, accepted the bet.

Take 1 on the free intimidate provided by Black Seraph's Glare stance, for a 21 result of the check to demoralize.
Strength check+damage
[roll0][roll1]

ylvathrall
2015-12-13, 02:02 PM
Kimiko thinks for a few minutes, then shrugs. Every story she can think of is the sort that's probably a really bad idea to tell right now. Maybe later cracking jokes about famous pirates will be an appropriate form of entertainment, but on her first day she's probably too much the outsider to get away with it.

She winces as the musicians both seem to start paying more attention to each other than their instruments, though, and that gives her an idea. "I know that some say it's good luck to have a cat on board," she says as she turns to the drunk woman. Or, really, anyone that seems like she might be able to get them to listen. "Or cats, obviously, since we seem to have two ourselves. But I never realized that was just so we can listen to them screeching at each other."

All right, so I'm clueless this week. Well, going for straight entertainment, then.

1d20+9

I'm guessing the music sounds like abused cats, because...well, come on. They're playing violins and they got some pretty terrible rolls. What else would it sound like?

stack
2015-12-13, 09:47 PM
Jonah goes to bed early as possible, arms and back sore, only to find himself covering his ears from the contest above him.

The Vagabond
2015-12-13, 11:32 PM
“Aye, ye think the the king? I say I’m gonna POUND YA SO HARD YA TINY ‘MUM WILL FEEL IT UP ‘ER ASS!”
She downs another bottle of Grog, and begins to play even harder, filled with a fire that could probably put a fire elemental to shame, as she shreds on her fiddle.

Though the duo in their duel of fiddle dancing didn’t dare draw their stare, due to drunkness, the joke Kimiko made got the whole crew laughing until some of their asses fell off, being half-drunk themselves. Enough to get a pat on the back from a reedy half-orc dressed in attire so dark it makes a wraith look like a rainbow, and a face that even a mother wouldn’t love.
“HAHAHA That’s hilarious, ya hear? Fukin’ hilarious!”
The half-orc is obviously just as drunk as the rest of the crew, but is slightly more enthusiastic, “Ya seem like a hilarious as **** lass, ya hear me? Hi-larious, ya hear? Ya could say that ‘ere clawin ‘ere eyes out! ‘Eh!” she said, laughing, “Fuk ‘m drunk.”

The man smiles, “Best two outta three, ya damn terrifyin beast. Ya ain’t gonna scare Pharasma, though, ya ain’t!” he said, a **** eating grin on his face.“Ya ain’t got any cash, but we’ll make ourselves a deal. twenty gold on this ‘round, and if I win, ya gotta lean up with those cats ‘o there, ‘an lean in, and kiss ‘em. Real long, real deep. Then ya gotta do the same to Scourage, ya got me? Twenty Gold. an if that ain’t ‘nough, I got myself a potion or two in my locker, downstairs. ‘Ow bout it? Ready ta find ya ain’t got an ‘arm?” he grinned, a smile of angry glee glistening on his face.
Twenty GP, quite a bit. Might be enough to get the quartermaster to give you back your gun. Probably not, but maybe. Take the risk?

Perform on ye ass.
[roll0]
Intimidate on ye choirgirl ass: [roll1] It's Gooood! Ya both are feeling the weight.

Pirate Arm-Wrestling
Fear the wrath of Pharamsas: [roll2] Ain't 'nough to scare an ass, much less your ass.
[roll3][roll4]

Down below deck, Jonah is not the only one trying to get a bit of shuteye. Four other people down below are also trying to get some shuteye, but kept awake by the sound of violins screeching through the floorboards.
In one of the hammocks nearby, you can hear a gnomish woman complain, “What the **** they doing up there, ‘erdin cats?”
“She be makin ‘erself music, those lasses up ‘ere.” You can hear a male gnome, sounding like someone who is trying to don a pirate accent for style purposes, but without much experience in actual piracy say, lying down in a hammock right over her.
“Well,” You hear a third voice, male, and actually relatively educated, borderline posh, say, “They aren’t exactly bad at it. Pretty decent for a drunk party.”
“Well, they ‘still being a dumbass keeping us awake. If I wasn’t so desna damned tired, I’d ****in punch those bitches in the face.”
“To be fair, last I heard, you prefer to punch everyone in the face.”
“Ah shut up ye gay bastard. ‘d say before I shove my foot up ye arse, but ya’ll probably like ‘at.”
“I’m a ladies man, ya know. Women. Tits. Even without an eye, ya got a rather-”
“Shut the **** up before I cut ya hammock down and fill me own with caltrops, ya dam flirtatious bastard.”
“That ain’t a very nice thing ta do.” you hear the human call out.
“Who the **** asked you, ya dumbass.” the lady gnome groaned, lying down, and accidentally making eye contact with Jonah.
“Names Giffer, before ye ask, the man above me is me fopish concubine that goes by the name of Conchobhar-”
“HAH! Wish I could get anywhere near ‘er, but she’d sooner strangle my ass than gaze it!”
“Shut the **** up unless ya want ya head up it!” she said, kicking the gnome above, a brief groan of pain coming from her voice.
“Anyway, the other fellow, that dumbass, fellows name is Jack, he’s a fixer-upper fellow, goes ‘round fixin things, ya hear. ‘bout it, those folks. Now I’m offs to sleep, so don’t try to goddamn wake me up once they stop playin, or I'll ****in punch ye face in.”

Tuvarkz
2015-12-14, 01:25 AM
Wincing in pain, Josef removes the pieces of glass that may have gotten stuck in his arms before casting Cure Light Wounds on himself, and bloody smiled back: "A holy man of Gorum won't back down from a challenge!" and got into the arm wrestling once more, his eyes burning with confidence.

Good gods, I need to roll a big one to beat that check
CLW: [roll0]
Strength check [roll1][roll2]

stack
2015-12-14, 12:17 PM
"Aye aye," Jonah sketches a mock salute. to get a sense of these people

Giffer [roll0]
gnome [roll1]
human [roll2]

1Freakinninja
2015-12-14, 12:17 PM
Trott is taken back for a brief second at the mention of her mother, she is infuriated at the memories of her family, she downs grog after grog quickly before getting back to the duel. Trott begins to feel the effects of the booze, she had to end this quickly or else she won't know what she will do. Come ON YOU ROCKIN STEPSTOOL! I know you've got the ****ing spirit, turn it up! Trott finger begin to bleed, her blood on the strings make a metalic sound that would make a construct quiver in delight.

Rolling to bring the thunda!!!!!

Preform strings
[roll0]

I promise once the jam session is over I'll be interacting more with the crew, I still get that bonus on influence rolls right?

oh, also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNT-nOM-yqo

The Vagabond
2015-12-15, 11:24 PM
Giffer is a gnome with one eye, that's one thing. The key thing with her is that she appears to be rather seasoned in the art of piracy, and could probably handle a lot of tasks granted to her. She seems to have had a really bad day that day. She seems like she could just use a bit of time to relax. Maybe play a game or something.

Conchobhar is, quite obviously, not a real pirate-y sorta fellow, when you get down to it. He seems more along the lines of a fopish sorta gnome, more aristocrat traveling around in a pirate costume, trying to mimic being a heroic pirate from a story than any real buconeer.

Jacks a Carpenter. Otherwise, he seems hilariously boring. The man's face is so plain that it would make a blank wall seem vibrant. The man's voice seems far less suited to piracy than making fine woodcraft statuets of dolphins to sell to the rich and wealthy. If you could manage to maintain intrest in him, you'd probably wonder why he was on a boat. Being new to the boat, you can't help but wonder.

The pirate, as he stubbornly manages to defeat Joseph in the arm-wrestling match shouts, "YES! It's not often I get meself a good fight, an' ah got to say ye got an arm the power of eh ox! Aye, enjoy a good fight, meself! Now go and kiss that dwarfish lass or that new lass or 'omthing!" he said, drunk as a demon.

Rosie begins to play, before smashing the Violin on the ground, "WELL AH CAN'T PLAY WITH THIS ****." she said, shattering the violin in her hand into a dozen pieces, "Ah ain't got me good violin, so I ain't got ****! Ya hand is 'bleedin, my head is drunk, and Imma go and get mahself a decent rest before ah fall ouf tha ship now." she said, stumbling forward, and drunkily descending down below.

Tuvarkz
2015-12-16, 02:16 AM
Josef laughs as well, healing his arm once more, and then comments: "One of the new lasses is fine too?" as he goes and approaches Kimiko for a kiss...on the forehead.
((CLW))
[roll0]

ylvathrall
2015-12-16, 05:01 AM
Kimiko doesn't seem to be either particularly surprised or upset at having been made into the subject of the contest. Being a forfeit instead of a prize is a bit more unusual, but she isn't offended. If anything, she's amused by this twist in what is otherwise a rather typical series of events.

She is a bit more surprised when Josef goes to kiss her forehead, but after a moment she shrugs and goes with it, leaning in close to him. "Don't worry, it's harmless," she whispers in his ear before patting him gently on the back.

Using my laughing touch bloodline power, since Kimiko is in the middle of a comedy show. I don't really see it needing a touch attack under the circumstances, but if so, here it is.
[roll0]

If she connects, Josef bursts out laughing for one round, no save. He can only take a move action in this round.

I also don't think this would take a Bluff check, given that as far as she knows this is a harmless ability under the circumstances, and she's only using it to enhance the show. If you'd like a Bluff check, though, here's that.
[roll1]

1Freakinninja
2015-12-16, 08:45 AM
As Rosie walks down to the bunkers. Trott begins to call her out as a coward but is interrupted by a massive burp. ok.... maybe later then.... *burp*... Trott turns to see what in her mind is someone trying to eat kimikos head, she remembers back to that one time in Rövucke where she sort of kinda maybe ate someone's head herself by accident. she rushingly stumbles to them tackling Josef nooooo!!!! Head bad eat not again!

stack
2015-12-16, 12:15 PM
Jonah files his observations for future use. He will need friends here. With that, he goes to sleep.

The Vagabond
2015-12-16, 11:38 PM
The pirates laugh even harder when Josef goes up and kisses the Kitsune, though you can hear Crimson drunkenly shout, "WRONG LASS, LAD, AND AIN'T HARD ENOUGH! THE BITCH IS THA LASS I WANTED YA TO TONGUE!" He drunkily shouts, before seeming to fall asleep.

There are mummers around the top deck, as small quantities of gold exchange hands. A DC 5 listen check will reveal that they are betting whether or not they will kiss, and some are betting on how deep. You hear at least three bets that Trott will kiss him first.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-17, 01:08 AM
Trott hears about this bet for a kiss, she is miffed on more than one level. One, no asking her opinion on this, two, kissing was a punishment. three, he chose not to event try the real thing and instead went for a dumb non-head eating kiss. Trott stops her charge and stands between Josef and kimiko, grabbing both by their collars, turning first to Josef you, we talk about this later, first that is not a kiss turns to kimiko and full mouth kisses her, that's a kiss, not this kisses Josef on the forehead THIS! YOU SHY BASTARD! full tounges Josef after, as he's laughing from the touch done by kimiko, Trott turns to her I heard that joke about my playing.... that was ****ing hilarious... with that she clunks the two of their heads together, just hard enough to send the message.... and walks over to the sleeping pirate, Trott proceeds to put his hand in a glass of luke warm grog, and then stumbles away in search for more booze

Just Tell Me What I need to roll and I'll do it I'm guessing I need combat manuver? I always need combat manuvers

[roll0]

Just remembered I'm sickened, so that becomes a 19, sorry

Tuvarkz
2015-12-18, 06:51 AM
Josef simply laughed the whole situation off, stumbling about in his laughter as he sat next to the drunkenly asleep pirate that had just taken his gold coin, his eyes looking for any unattended servings of liquor.
((Rolling perception))
[roll0]

The Vagabond
2015-12-19, 08:40 PM
TO describe what happened, you could hear the occasional hoot from a handful of men, before getting slapped. Aside from that, you also watch as two women seem to be gathering more money from everyone, obviously the winners of the bet- A young woman with fairly busty breasts and ears that dwarf them, and seemingly more attention paid to her appearance, and a elderly woman, grey hair shaved in strips to make her head look like a badger.

Josef would end up finding a rather fine bottle of red wine on the Pirates body, actually unopened, and a flask containing a lot of grog. He's probably drunk himself with the regular flask, though you can't help but wonder what's up with the drink.

The rest of the night was otherwise, completely unnotable- Nothing really happened after that.

Thus ends the first day of your journey to kings of the seas. The next day will be long and difficult.

Now, the following day, everyone who had a drink awoke to the sound of a small vial of salty crystal being placed in their hammock with Scourge's voice radiating "Get off ye asses, 'tis mornin! Ye got work to do!"

Something of note is that Josef and Trott end up without any, though you don't realize that until Scourge's is back on deck. When you try to go upstairs back on the deck, you find your way blocked by a group of four- A woman with fairly massive ears, a bald guy with more weight on him than there is food, a large, towering half-orc with a glare that steeply implies that he wants to eat your face, and a woman who looks half her age with more murder in his eyes than a wealthy man's prostitute den.
"Well hey there!" the murderer said, a dagger stabbed into the wall. "Name's Lonegen, and it's a pllleaasure to meet you!"
"So, 'ow ya doing?" She said, before looking over to Trott, "Cause it looks like ya doin everything!" She said, a her face positively glowing as she slowly walks forward to Josef, "You all are new here, so I heard from the Scourge! I've been here for a long, long time now, so you know what I say? How about we have ourselves a nice lesson"
:D
She elbows Josef in the face.

Thus begins the first fight! A enemy group of four, prepare your battle! Roll for Initiative!

Lonegen performs a move action to walk to you slowly, and a standard to elbow you in the face/Perform the Pommel Bash maneuver, with a attack roll of [roll0] against flat footed (Keep in mind you don't have your armor), and a damage roll of [roll1]+[roll2]

Note, small initiative houserule- Semi-grouped initiative- The first four with the highest initiative can post in any order. The following four can then go in any order, and so on.
If you do not respond within one day of my post or two hours of the previous post (Whichever is longer), I'm going to take control of your character from you to expedite things.

Initiative Rolls to save everyone time:
Lonegen: [roll3]
Big Ears: [roll4]
Mute: [roll5]
Fatass: [roll6]

Foxtrot: [roll7]
Nico: [roll8]
Jonah: [roll9]
Josef: [roll10]
Kimiko: [roll11]
Attack Order:
Fatass, Kimiko, Josef, Big Ears. Then Lonegen, Nico, Jonah, Foxtrot, then Fatass.

Tuvarkz
2015-12-20, 02:38 AM
((I'll just assume Lonegen has Improved Unarmed Strike, otherwise provokes an AoO from Josef. The latter doesn't, so he provokes upon attacking))
The inquisitor smiled savagely upon being hit, then took a step to reposition himself, and struck at his attacker back with a fist as he roared!

5-foot step into being adjacent to Troty as well as just the enemy, then Hunting party on Lonegen. On hit, she provokes an AoO from Troty. Additionally, upon hit, free intimidate at +4 bonus.
Attack
[roll0]
Damage (Nonlethal)
[roll1]
Intimidate
[roll2]

The Vagabond
2015-12-21, 11:01 AM
The Punch to the face hurt like a goddamn devil, Lonegen had to admit, with a smile of glee on her face, as she makes a stab at ripping feet from under him.

The response from the Fatass was quick, as he began to screech, filling Lonegen his party with power, as he punched Trott right in the kisser, screaming a horrifically non-melodious melody.

Big Ears responded by going straight up to Josef, and making an attempt to trip Trotty, in combination with punching Josef with pure magic.

Kimiko, as it turned out, seems to have gone missing. Nobody really knows where Kimiko went, but you wonder if one of the rats got to her.

Lonegen uses her AoO to trip Josef,
[roll0]

Fatass begins a Bardic Performance, with a perform check of 2

Big-Ears makes a trip attack at a -2 penalty, and dual-strikes with the Death spheres Exhausting strike (DC 11 or be fatigued for two rounds, succeed and fatigue for one round).

Kimiko is hidden somewhere on the ship.

Part 1 over, part 2 begin! Lonegen, Nico, Jonah, Foxtrot, then Fatass.

stack
2015-12-22, 03:50 PM
Jonah starts to back away to let matters run their course, then sighs to himself. Need to make allies if this is going to work."Perhaps you should let us be about our orders. You ought not upset the wrong people."
He starts a low chant, calling the sea and sky to his aid. Air and mist swirl around him, then spread across the hold and up the steps.
weather sphere, increasing rain to make a mist, leaving a 10' circle around himself clear.

First round - Mist: Mist grants all creatures concealment from any creatures
over 100 ft away (all attacks suffer a 20% miss chance).

2nd round will be - Fog: The caster may create light rain or fog. If fog is chosen,
it obscures all sight beyond 5 feet, including Darkvision.
Creatures 5 feet away have concealment.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-22, 04:05 PM
Trott has has a morning... she slept in her own vomit.... again.... got up on the wrong side of the bed, now... someone's punch happy while she's half awake, her wake up alarm consisted of a fat bald man screaming in her ear and tripping her to the ground. But they were truly foolish to mess with her beauty sleep.... fatass did not punch her face, she headbutted his fist! With a deep sigh, Trott begins pounding a beat on her chest, then sings a powerful melody, her voice becomes almost bladed and pierces the biggest concentration of enemies in the vicinity in a cone 15 feet, particularly aiming at lonegen if possible
he's right.... I'M ONE OF THEM!!!

Began rage song again so that I can do...
Chord of shards!!! http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/chord-of-shards
A reflex roll will negative it DC 14

Rolling a bunch of 2d6 for damage for casting the spell as I don't know who's getting hit... praise lord chaos
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

The Vagabond
2015-12-23, 02:37 PM
Lonegen stood tall, as a smile across her face as a small trickle of blood poured down her mouth as Trott's blades ripped into her.
"That tickled."
She responds with a punch directly at Trott, now filled with rage, her eyes seeming red with blood.

Trotts headbut ended up being just getting punched in the head, then having magic thrown in his face makes it all the worse, as he pants with blood.

Now the Mute. He just stands there, terrifying, before stepping in, and punching both Josef and Trott with his bare hands, with his arms

Lonegen's Punch, then move action intimidate. She joins the raging song.
[roll]1d3+3[roll]
[roll]1d20+6[roll]
[roll]1d20+4[roll]

Mute 5 foot steps, enters Black Seraph's Glare, then is full attacks TWF to them, with free action intimidate.
Trott
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2]

Josef
[roll3][roll4]
[roll5]

Miss Chance Rolls:
Lonegen [roll6]
Mute (Trott) [roll7]
Mute (Josef) [roll8]Rethinking initiative, yeah, just post when you desire. If you have roll with high initiative, you gain a +1 bonus on one roll against any character with lower initiative.

Tiny
2015-12-24, 12:54 PM
That was the precise moment Pete decided to drag his sorry drunk carcass up from the bilges where he had spent the night fraternizing with the less savory passengers of the ship. Taking in the misty scene of the brawl watching with bloodshot eyes as Josef went down in a senseless heap. That was the man who had offered him water! His face started to twitch in irregular spasms as his lips drew back over his sharp pointy teeth."Old Pete don't like what ye done to the waterbringer... He don't like it one bit.." His bloodlust rose like bile in his throat, an old horrifyingly familiar feeling of thirst started to ravage through his mind, focusing his eyes into tiny red dots in the low light of the room. A large rat came creeping up behind him through the latch and screeched something sharp and threatening. "Yer right on the money there Slithers ye bloodthirsty basterd. Besides, Neither of us have had breakfast yet. I be recon' it be time right NOW!" The shambling corpse of a man suddenly leaped forward in a sudden jolt of energy. Mouth and eyes open wide in a wiasage of savage terror, like that of a drowning man in his last moment before succumbing to the hungry sea. The rat called Slithers running over, under and beside him as he thundered forward. Tearing roaring into the man that had just punched his benefactor savaging him with fists and teeth.

Drunken bite! [roll0] (Charge and flanking included + 6 othervise)
Damage:[roll1] + 2 con damage if it is a human
Free Handle animal to get Slithers to flank: [roll2] vs dc 10
Evangeline is on bodyguard duty to add to Petes AC.

stack
2016-01-03, 08:56 PM
Jonah keeps up his chant, causing the fog to thicken after his erstwhile allies attack. delay until just before the enemy, then concentrate to bring the weather level up 1

Fog: The caster may create light rain or fog. If fog is chosen,
it obscures all sight beyond 5 feet, including Darkvision.
Creatures 5 feet away have concealment. "Just walk off before we have to do something nasty. Cap'n ain't gonna be happy about you getting dead."

1Freakinninja
2016-01-04, 05:04 PM
Trott sees the mutes fist pass by her nose, she has a look of just being done with this s**t. Her neck cracks as the rolls her head , she sees that lonegen has dissappear ed from the mist, with a sigh and whilst keeping the beat, she balls her hand up , some sparks begin to form in it, raising her hamd, in the last known area of lonegens whereabouts shoots a burst of firework like dust, glittering in the mist, covering anyone or anything in its area, she prepares to charge to whatever huminoid structure that the dust lands on

So I'm gonna be keeping the war chant going as a free action, shooting a glitter dust spell which covers an area of 10 feet around an object, and just taking a 5 foot step away from mute to get ready to tackle anything that moves.

For the glitter dust. It's a 14 DC will save or else the person's become blind for a round

The Vagabond
2016-01-05, 12:05 AM
At that point, the pirate realized that she was goddamn ****ed.
"GUYS, RUN YOUR ASSES OUT OF HERE!" She cried, stumbling as she ran away, crashing into the stairs, and falling over, knocked out, laying on the ground.
Mute nods, picking her up as he ran, and giving Josef a foul glare as he ran upstairs.
The remainder of the party fled as fast as they could, stumbling through the fog that lined the area. You're fairly certain that fatass traveled in the wrong direction, at any rate.

You should probably start running to the deck. The bell's about to ring any dang moment. Maybe talk to your allies about what happened. Because heavens knows, if you weren't going to get lumped together as troublemakers before, you will now.

stack
2016-01-05, 11:27 AM
Jonah lets the mist fade as he heads up to the deck. "Going to be a bit of trouble after that, I expect."

Tuvarkz
2016-01-05, 05:36 PM
Barely staying conscious after the attack, Josef quickly casted a spell to heal himself, and started walking to the deck.
((Rolling for CLW))
[roll0]

Tiny
2016-01-05, 05:49 PM
Petes eyes where wide and bloodshot and he was visibly trembling. Constantly clenching and unclenching his fists as he watched the aggressors scurry away in the lifting mists. Lending Josef him what support he could while muttering curses under his breath. "There will be a reckoning fer this mark me words. Pete has got their taste now and he does not forget.. No waterbringer, he does not forget bad blood in a hurry. Can ye walk?" The big rat at his feet choose this opportune moment to start gnawing on his leg and Pete gave out a yelp and kicked at the shaggy beast. "Stop that ye miserable sod! Ye think peg legs grows on trees?!" The creature gave a hiss in response and somehow managed to look down on Pete despite it being the size of a small dog and the him standing just about five and a half feet tall. "..." The staring contests was disrupted by the small rat on Pete's shoulder sniffing and squeaking him in the ear. "Bah! I'm too sober and the day is to new fer thinking straight. Let's just drag yer sorry carcass up on deck before we got to face the whip.." He offered a supporting shoulder to Josef and started towards the hatch.

stack
2016-01-05, 08:29 PM
Seeing his badly wounded ally, Jonah hums a soothing chant and reaches out a hand, slowly mending wounds.1sp to grant fast healing 1 for 1 minute

The Vagabond
2016-01-05, 11:44 PM
On the deck, you arrive to the face of Captain Scourage, a foul grin on his face.
"Now, I see ye decided to push your limits, haven't you? Beating up a poor little lass like Lonegen, and why, that's just foul!" he said, his grin revealing his almost rotting teeth, "If you have something between the two of you, settle it on land. For now- thirty lashes for your fragile constitution!"
He looks over to Sandra, "You! Healer! I'm putting you in charge to make sure he doesn't get himself killed for his indolence!"

He looked to Trott, "And you, ms meow, are going to fix things. GRAB YOUR TOOLS AND GET TO WORK!"

He looks at Pete. "And you? You're rather lucky today, you're on lookout duty again. Try not to eat anyone up there."

He finally looks at Jonah, "You, are going to swab the deck. Figure a weakling mage isn't really worth much more."

After he's done whiping Josef (taking 1 each time, to lengthen the pain), Sandra looks at him.
"I got a really bad feeling he doesn't like you. Keep your eyes out, okay?"

Fishguts sits on deck, harpoon in hand.
"Alright, we're going to be hunting down Leatherbacks- fairly decent eatings on those things. Come on, let's get to work."

Good morning lads, prepare for your second day on deck. Jonah can make a dc 10 strength or constitution check for his work. Josef makes a dc 10 profession (Cook) or suvival check. Trott is dc 10 profession (sailor) or dexterity check. DC 10 climb check for Pete, with a dc 10 perception check again. Welcome to your first functional day- from hereon out, you have about 6 choices each day to perform at some point- When doesn't matter that much.

Work Diligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for a job’s daily taskInfluence: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and briefly explore one area of the ship (the PC can make a single Perception check or other skill check with no chance of detection)
Shop: Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and visit the quartermaster’s store (area A9)
Shirk: Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 10 on a single Perception check or other skill check, but must make a slight of hand check to avoid being discovered.
You might be able to do other actions, so just do them(Better to ask for forgiveness than permission), and I'll see how they'll work out.

Tuvarkz
2016-01-06, 02:42 AM
Josef received each lash with a grin on his face-pain was not meant to be something a warrior should fear. After the whipping, the inquisitor commented: "Thanks, but I'd rather keep both of them in."
Getting to the kitchen, he readied himself and got to work with his mind focused on the job.
((Rolling for Cooking-Work Dilligently))
[roll0]

stack
2016-01-06, 12:19 PM
con check [roll0] Jonah keeps his face stoic. The bloody moron. He knows I have power and he thinks all that I can do is swab the deck. Buffoon. How could such a fool take and hold a ship?

As he works, he tries to query Giffer. "Seems a few are looking to make trouble for the newcomers. Thoughts?"

Tiny
2016-01-06, 01:00 PM
"Aye aye! Cant promise that any visitors get back down in one pice though.." He glared at the mute that had given Josef such a face full of fists and licked his cracked lips. "The breakfast was of a bad sort." He nimbly started the climb up to the crows nest. "But don't worry though! As long as it keeps the grog flowing ye will get no sharper eyes then Pete's! Har har!"

As he got up the nest he started to peer out at the sea and eventually he coaxed out Evangeline from the folds of his tattered clothes and began talking to her to pass the time. Not realizing he was squeaking and chirping like a large ugly rodent.

"It be a mighty fine mess we got ourselves into now princess ain't it? Yeah.. I be reccon we might be in some deep trouble sooner or later weather we like it or not. Ye would not be so kind to as sneak around the ship and see if ye can find Pete's flasks of special brew sweetling? The ones that smells really foul, like old stale meat? If you find it then ye can show me the way later tonight. How about it me pretty? There might be a piece of cheese in it fer ye if ye manage! Watch out so ye don't get spotted though!"

Todays tasks: Pete climb: [roll0] Pete Perception: [roll1]
Trying to get Evangeline to sneak around the ship and find Petes inflict light wounds potions. Some rolls for that if it is needed:
Diplomacy(rat):[roll2]
Rat (Evangeline) sneak:[roll3]
Rat (Evangeline) perception:[roll4]

1Freakinninja
2016-01-07, 04:18 PM
Trott strangely did not take any offense to anything the captain had said, she saluted and walked around a corner a bit oddly, like she was going to throw up... as soon as she was out of sight a gut laugh rang through the cabin, Trott collapsed onto the ground snorting with laughter. To her even the blurry sight of skunk haired butch prat falling after talking up a storm was too much for her to handle, she laughed for a good 5 minutes before realizing that the captain had just ordered her to "fix" something

... the next laugh lasted for 10 minutes....

Finally in control of her emotions, Trott grabbed the duck tape from the tool kit and did a half arse job of just taping cracked wood together. After leaving the death trap of glue wood and tape, she proceeded to pull out the knife that was stuck in the wall. Admiring the "meh" craftsmanship, she puts the weapon in her belt. And begins looking around the ship, now sober enough to make heads or tails of it all, perhaps in the cargo hold.

And rolling perception in the cargo hold
[roll1]

]

The Vagabond
2016-01-07, 11:02 PM
Scourge (Who is not the captain), watched as Josef walked off, a look of ire on his brow as he walked.

Fishguts chuckled, and patted the inquisitor on the back, "Yea a damn good worker, you know!" he said, a smile on his face, "Good to see ya so enthusiastic- We got enough of a catch to feed the crew for a couple days, which is no small feat, you know." he said, lifting up the leatherback, a smile on his face.

"Hm? Yeah, when ya embarase the quartermaster, he isn't one to take kindly to having to walk around with his pants full of ****." the gnome said, silently turning her singular remaining eye to Jonah, "I honestly doubt he'd like anyone associated with them. Romour has it, your friends a demon- Said that he summoned foul spirits, to steal her soul- that's why Lonegen ran, the mad-bitch she is- Doubt her story, but to be frank, seeing the quartermaster terrified kinda makes you wonder. And that smile on the man's face, and that bitch- you really can't help but wonder if he's summoning demons or something."
She leans back, "To be honest, those folks would be fairly decent just being dead. I imagine that you just got caught in the crossfire."

Trott has at most ten minutes, due to one of the worst jobs in history. Seriously- The disappointment in people's face at the job was horrible. Well done. You have angered everyone due to having to clean up your mess, as well as apparently stealing Jacks dagger from the wall, which he takes from you angrily.
"Hey, why did you do that!" he said, wresting it from his hand, "That was my fathers dagger, and I do not appreciate your thievery. Or your job- You know what, just go- I'll handle it myself, just leave my presence. I won't tell anyone of your attempted theft, so consider yourself lucky, or the captain will gut you like a goddamn fish."
Either way, you discover that there isn't much in the way of plunder- You end up finding the area with about three pigs just jumping around, and a large man idly coddling a fourth, petting it. You see him covered with tars and feathers. You watch as he leans to his right, picking up a dead crab, and snapping it in half with his bare hands, eating right out of the shell- You notice that he appears to be blind in one eye. There's, besides two ballistas, two cannons, a dismantled trebuchet with gunpowder and cannonballs stored around, along with a solid 12 barrels of oil.

Pete's rat nods, as it scurries down the sailings in secret, entering down below, unseen by everyone. She silently sneaks through the decks- She finds nothing, but a gnome and the half-orc yelling at each other over a violin, with the gnome storming off. The rat would then watch the half-orc idly pull it out, and pluck a string once, before storing it into a container- Though you can see a large amount of stuff in the container.

1Freakinninja
2016-01-07, 11:32 PM
In the cargo hold, trott smiles at the sight of gun powder, the oil woulf be grand as well in a pinch, she takes special note as best che can as to where these barrels of conbustiables are placed and sallutes to the tarred and feathered individual doing this thing. Trott is actually dissapointed when hearing that it wasn't the skunks dagger, more or less taking it thinking it was part of the attackers things, she gives it back willingly. Hearing that it was the gnomes father only makes her feel worse. ahh bloody hell.... take it... I just wanted to **** over that skunk haired witch that was the cause of that mess, if anyone should be cleaning up it should be her! Sheash.... thinking that lonegen was the their of the dagger only made her blood boil, knowing nothing she would say would make the situation better, Trott sits on the floor. listen buddy.... I feel for you.... if you got something you care for, you should have it... I know there ain't much I can do to make things right but.... Trott hesitates for a.moment ... I can owe you a favor.... how's that eh? it is quite obvious that offering a favor is not something that comes easy to her.

stack
2016-01-08, 12:55 PM
Jonah shrugs, "Its an odd lot to be sure. Honestly, I don't see the point in making trouble for other crew, seems we have enough to worry about. Tell you the truth, I've been expecting to get impressed for years; I'm pretty handy on a ship. When it finally happens, the captain that does the dead seems totally ignorant of what I can do, thinks I'm some book-mage. Enough to make me laugh, really."

Tuvarkz
2016-01-08, 01:42 PM
Josef smiled back at the main cook, and said: "The fight earlier today got me in a good mood. Nothing better to start the day than a ceremony for the Lord in Iron. By the way, do you know who'd be storing our gear? I'd rather have my weapon for the next time something like this happens."

The Vagabond
2016-01-11, 10:12 AM
Fishguts shrugged, "To be honest, ya probably gonna find it with Grok- You might get it back with a bit of asking, but she might ask for a bit of coin in exchange; She's rather selfish." he said, "Hey, pass me a drink, will ya?" he asked.

The gnome nods, "You're a good lad, that I can see- Who knows, maybe you'll impress them. Then again, maybe Scourage will block you every step in the way- The guys an ass who refuses to drop a grudge."
She leans back, "Heck, you could probably sweet-talk Grok into providing a good word, presuming she's not drinking. Maybe get you a better job. The other officers will probably call you a daft idiot, but Grok's probably the most accepting of folks."

The young man, seemingly about twenty years in age, glares at you, "Unless you have any knowledge of carpentry, sod off. Seriously- Look at this job!" he said, gesturing to the oor work you did, "Did you even try!?"
He sighs, "I will admit, I do enjoy this work, but my god, why am I always staffed with the least adept individuals."
He looks to the dagger, "Either way, I don't mind if you fumble- I understand your error in the daggers possessor, she took it from me this morning. But," he said, gesturing to her shoddy work, "This I cannot excuse. So, quiet down, and help me instead of wasting my valuable time."
The human man turns back, and begins to get to work repairing the ship, before pausing.

Tuvarkz
2016-01-11, 12:30 PM
The inquisitor nods, and serves a cup of liquor to the main cook. The cup is not that full, however, as Josef suspects his superior might be a bit too dependant on it, and Gorum would likely see that addiction as a weakness.

stack
2016-01-11, 01:05 PM
"If nothing else, I'm a fair hand at carpentry. Not my first ship. So, talk to Grok? Thanks, I owe you one." Jonah keeps an eye open for the officer.

Tiny
2016-01-11, 02:42 PM
Vigilant and with eyes as an hawk Pete yawned up in the crows nest. Watch duty was not that bad when you had someone to talk to, but as the half-man he met earlier had other things to do Pete had settled on not being in the way. That strategy had proven to really get on his nerves though as the sun baked and there was no grog to be had within easy reach. By the way he had a promise to keep and better yet there were booze at stake. *Purrlkkmm* *knnnrrmmp* Just about that moment he realized that he had not eaten anything since last night and whaen he went hungry and sober... Bad things happened... With that he deviced a cunning plan using all of his mental faculties. " OY! Anyone be down there?! I be starving up here! When is Fishguts serving up the grub? Or do I have to eat me other leg to keep going?!"

The Vagabond
2016-01-12, 12:25 AM
"What, ya hungry? How about I bring ya up a drink, huh?" you hear someone call from below.
Below you, you see a rat-faced halfling staring you in the eye, "I figured I might as well go down, grab myself some grub- I'll tell ya what, I'll grab ya a bottle of grog, how that sound?"
He begins to climb down, entering into the galley.

The cook downs it gladly, "God I love myself a drink." he said, leaning back, a feeling of contentment on his face.
A ratfaced halfling walks in, a smile on his face, "Hello there! You know something, I'-"
"If ya want ya goddamn grog, just grab some. Ya want something to eat, there's some hardtack somewhere in here, grab it and get out." he said, annoyed.
The halfling looks, and held up his hands innocently, "Well, I'm not here for myself, this time, see- I got a friend on lookout-"
"You mean that guy who tried to eat Lonegen? I never took you for the type to chat with a cannibal."
He shrugs, stumbling around, "Hey, most folks don't like me, way I see it, I can grab myself a bit of help from him."
The cook shakes his head, "Damn thieving rat." he whispers to himself, as he watches him leave. He looks over his shoulder, "That's Ratline Rattsberger. The guys a rat in all but body- Thieving lying cheat he is- Tried to steal food from my own hand. Multiple times."

Pete would end up with a handful of hardtac in the crows nest, along with a bottle of grog, even worse than the previous batch (DC 10 fortitude save this time), "Here, have yaself something to eat- Try not to eat your leg!" he said, a smile on his face as he crawled down.

1Freakinninja
2016-01-12, 09:47 PM
Trott looked at the pile of mishapened wood and tape.... sighing, she reached into the bloody stupid tool kit and got a bloody stupid hammer and began to give the bloody stupid brat some bloody stupid help fixing it. Grumbling as she does it about oreads and cave ins

Ok, here is hoping that it actually works this time and doesn't freak out on me

Rolling sailor, taking 1 to make it an even 1d20, supposing I'm still under the -2 rules

[roll0]

Tiny
2016-01-15, 10:49 AM
Pete gave the man the most sincere look of appreciation he could muster. Coming from him though it turned out to look like he had some moderate indigestion. "Look at that would ya Slithers? I recon it be me birthday!!" He gave the halfling a broad toothy smile while the huge rat scurried around in the crow's nest squeaking threats to the gulls and snapping at them. "This will do most fine! What be yer name friend?" He yelled after the halfling that was currently climbing away at speed.

Fortitude vs DC 10: [roll0]

stack
2016-01-15, 12:12 PM
Jonah keeps looking for the officer.

The Vagabond
2016-01-16, 08:28 PM
The shipwright seemed unending annoyed at her work on the ship, a feeling of annoyance as he worked, with a passion that could only be described as someone who freaking loves ships, as he rambled about the design of the ship, how it was made, and something about "Lines" and how they're all unique to each ship, to be honest, you can't really remember, he just rambled on for the time you worked with him about ship design and other such nonsense.

Josef would not be able to flee, since he did not have much in terms of time between Scorouge's scourage snapping over his shoulder when he tried to run. However, he could gather a bit more information about Grok:
1) She loves a good drink, something fine, not just regular grog.
2) She loves a good song- Not violin.
3) She's very superstitous.
4) She's the quartermaster, and probably has everyone stuff.
5) After 3 or so, she locks the door and has herself a drink, only for her friends to join her.

The ratfaced halfling looked back, "Ratface! See ya in tha afternoon!"

As the sun began to set, the workload begins to lessen, until everyone is released from their duties for the day- The sound of crew members chatting among themselves, drunken games and gambling make the ship a noisy place.

Josef would watch as she exited the door, a drink in hand and a smile on her face, leaning back, like she's expecting someone to talk to her any second now.
Josef and Fishguts ended up serving food and grog, a actually pretty enjoyable affair the meal.

Nighttime Ship ActionsSleep: Go to bed early and sleep through the night (automatically recover from fatigue)
Gamble: Play or gamble on a game of chance or pirate entertainment
Entertain: Make one Perform check to entertain the crew
Influence*: Attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak*: Take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 20 on a single Perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered.
Steal*: Attempt to open a locked door or locker. The PC must make a check to avoid being discovered.

1Freakinninja
2016-01-17, 08:07 PM
Trott felt like it was her way to pay a debt to at least pretend to listen to the cabin boys ramblings. But her mind swayed back every now and again to the woman that had attacked her.... skunky, as she refered her by in her head, had something that didn't belong to her.... could it be that she had stolen more of the crews ****? The douche with the whip seemed real buddy buddy with her.... trott began to put the pieces together. And her rage began to build, be it some small amount of celestial in her blood, but she felt actual malace in the quartermaster heart.... without realizing it, out of anger her halo had begun to form above her head, as the night was closing in, the halo gave off some light, she turned to the shipwright her eyes she stole from you, and scourge did jack about it?

stack
2016-01-17, 09:12 PM
Tired from the idiocy of the day's labor, Jonah heads to bed as soon as possible.so, how much of this before something happens?"meet the crew' is nice enough, but seems hard on a PBP game.

Tiny
2016-01-18, 09:16 AM
Pete was feeling a lot more sociable today for some reason and after Evangeline had returned whispering about sounds and stuffs in boxes and what not he had questioned her on the place she had seen this things and now he was reasonably sure his special brew might be in the hands of the quartermaster. Bloody nuisance it was. He might need to gather a few favors or a couple of gold to get them back before someone makes a stupid choice to drink them and he was blamed for their untimely demise. Spotting the halfling that had brought him lunch earlier he shone up and approached. "Hey there Ratface! Besmera bless ye fer the drink earlier. Mind showing ol'Pete what ye halfdry seapups do fer entertainment on this leaking bucket? I be thinking it be time fer a bit of coin finding its way back to me pocket. A boxing match, wrestling or something too loosen up after being curled up in the nest fer so long would do. If ye dont have a better idea? Har har!"

Going for some gambling or similar.

Tuvarkz
2016-01-18, 11:30 AM
Josef approached Grok, and said: "You're someone who respects the gods, aren't you?" before he made his hand start pouring water on the ground ((via Create Water)). "I don't have my weapon and my armor available, and without them I cannot perform my daily rituals to Gorum. It wouldn't be propicious for us to fight without the blessing of the Lord in Iron. Perhaps could you hand my bec de corbin and my chain shirt back so I could perform the rituals necessary so that when we fight, we do so with the blessings of the god of war?"
((Rolling for Diplomacy))
[roll0]