PDA

View Full Version : Should Roy meet his father

Silvermike
2007-06-10, 09:20 PM
It's worth noting, I think, that unless I'm mistaken, the last time we saw Eugene Greenhilt was when he told Roy Xykon was...alive...and kicked off this quest. Roy's last words to his father?

"I just want you, personally to know: If it weren't for the threat to the entire world, I'd tell you to shove your blood oath against Xykon up your wrinkled ass."

How'd it go the last time you said that to your father?

Good luck, :roy:

Added: Note it was in this comic - http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0293.html

Gaelbert
2007-06-10, 09:24 PM
Umm... actually we saw Eugene in Dorukan's Dungeon and he was the flaming celestial being thing in Shojo's court, so the situation is probably a little different. Anyways, I'm expecting an I told you so from Eugene, because he said Roy could never destroy Xykon.

squidthingy
2007-06-11, 11:05 AM
actually, deep down roys dad probaly cares for roy, like roy and his sister, because roy is spending all this time on a quest to avenge his father, how many sons would do that

RobbyPants
2007-06-11, 12:33 PM
There's actually a good chance that Roy and his father won't meet, unless Roy becomes a ghost. Now it is likely that he could be a ghost, as he has unfulfiled buisiness. But if he ends up going to his afterlife, he won't run into his father there. His dad's spirit is still trapped in this world as a ghost!

Borris
2007-06-11, 04:10 PM
Trapped in this world? I don't think so. Don't forget that he followed Shojo's clerics' summon spell all the way to the Upper Planes (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0292.html), where he tied and gagged a planetar befor eheading back to Azure City. He seems pretty much free to go anywhere he wants, though that may have something to do with him being a wizard.

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-06-11, 05:17 PM
Given Eugene's personality there's potential for much hilarity if Roy and Eugene do meet up, so if Rich wants it to happen he'll find a way to make it happen.

Come to think of it, now would be a good time - from a writer's perspective - to segue into something other than the battle, such as Roy's afterlife. I mean, everyone will be simply dying to know what's happened to Miko (if you'll excuse the unintentional pun), not to mention Tsukiko and V, so what better course of action than to switch tracks to something completely unrelated. :smallbiggrin:

MReav
2007-06-11, 05:37 PM
There's actually a good chance that Roy and his father won't meet, unless Roy becomes a ghost. Now it is likely that he could be a ghost, as he has unfulfiled buisiness. But if he ends up going to his afterlife, he won't run into his father there. His dad's spirit is still trapped in this world as a ghost!

Actually, Eugene was trapped in the world because he was bound to the Circle the Clerics summoned him into. Because the Circle is probably in several hundred pieces right now, Eugene is being express mailed back to the Upper Planes as we speak.

Actually, I think he shouldn't because his posthumous activities have been fairly chaotic. He's lied to a bunch of people and subverted a summoning spell for his own use.

den452001
2007-06-11, 11:02 PM
Haha...Well roy fathers like always beside Roy..So I think Roy like met his father already..

Kurald Galain
2007-06-12, 08:57 AM
So is Eugene's alignment mentioned anywhere? Based on his anal-retentiveness and his "till death do us part" remark, my estimate would be LN. This may have bearing on whether he would meet Roy?

factotum
2007-06-12, 10:32 AM
So is Eugene's alignment mentioned anywhere? Based on his anal-retentiveness and his "till death do us part" remark, my estimate would be LN. This may have bearing on whether he would meet Roy?

If he was Lawful Neutral, how would he manage to intercept a summoning that was intended for a being of pure Law and Good? Not to mention the fact that he knew the entity being summoned (note that he says, "Sorry, Tony" or words to that effect when he leaves him tied up). Given that, he HAS to be LG himself--no other way both those things could realistically happen.