PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a small group to start a webcomic

Warrax
2007-06-10, 09:39 PM
Right...

I decided quite some time ago that I wanted to do a web comic. It was, in fact, several years ago. I'm looking for an artist (someone who may or may not be interested in involving themselves in the plot; such involvement is not compulsory) and maybe someone who knows about web pages and what-not.

That's pretty much the important bit. It's important to note that I can't pay anything, this is strictly a volunteer job (unless the comic gains a following that is willing to donate funds, of course).

If you are interested in working on such a project, gimme a shout at tsherkin at yahoo dot com and I'll be more than happy to have a look at some sample art and discuss the nature of the comic.

Thanks so much!

Saithis Bladewing
2007-06-10, 09:43 PM
I'd offer to help, but I have nowhere near the attention span to do such things.

Good luck, though.

Warrax
2007-06-10, 09:47 PM
I'd offer to help, but I have nowhere near the attention span to do such things.

Good luck, though.

Thanks for responding, I appreciate the well-wishes. :)

KelianWeynolt
2007-06-12, 12:38 PM
Just a few questions:

1) What style of artistry are you looking for?
1.5) Do you want a colored comic, or grayscale?

2) How frequently would you like it to update?

3) Is there a particular setting you have in mind?

4) Is the story already written?

ZeroNumerous
2007-06-12, 01:17 PM
I've got some crazy ideas I frequently kick around. I'd like to help you out with the story aspect if it isn't already written.

Warrax
2007-06-12, 04:22 PM
Just a few questions:

1) What style of artistry are you looking for?
1.5) Do you want a colored comic, or grayscale?

2) How frequently would you like it to update?

3) Is there a particular setting you have in mind?

4) Is the story already written?

This is the kind of stuff that I meant for the e-mails. Please feel free to e-mail me at tsherkin at yahoo dot com or catch me on MSN at t_sherkin at hotmail dot com and we can discuss this stuff further.

Thanks!

DOOM2099
2007-06-20, 06:02 AM
I have been wanting to do a comic based on RPG, specifically WoW, although I know it has been done to death. I also excel at drawing Superheroes. My style is more or less comic book line art stuff, generally the same style you see in any comic. I don't do any coloring, but I do a lot of writing, though not much lately. Anyway, drop me a line.

Warrax
2007-06-20, 06:50 AM
I have been wanting to do a comic based on RPG, specifically WoW, although I know it has been done to death. I also excel at drawing Superheroes. My style is more or less comic book line art stuff, generally the same style you see in any comic. I don't do any coloring, but I do a lot of writing, though not much lately. Anyway, drop me a line.

Feel free to use my e-mail address, if you like; I'd be interested in seeing a sample of your drawing.

BanjoTheClown
2007-06-20, 07:29 AM
Id help you but, im bad at drawing.

Warrax
2007-07-06, 04:31 PM
OK, so I've sorted out a webmaster but I still need the key component, an artist...

Anyone up for it?

Jops
2007-07-06, 05:54 PM
Best of luck finding one, that's an hard search!
Getting an artist is very difficult, since most prefer to work on their own stories rather than someone else. Not only that, but you'll need to find an artist who will enjoy your story (or humor, if it's a gag comic), otherwise it may not last long.
I think posting a sample of your writing would help. This way potential artists can have an idea of what they're going to work on.

Warrax
2007-07-06, 05:57 PM
Best of luck finding one, that's an hard search!
Getting an artist is very difficult, since most prefer to work on their own stories rather than someone else. Not only that, but you'll need to find an artist who will enjoy your story (or humor, if it's a gag comic), otherwise it may not last long.
I think posting a sample of your writing would help. This way potential artists can have an idea of what they're going to work on.

Sound advice, I suppose, though I'm hesitant to post material here. I am, however, more than willing to share over e-mail or MSN or whatever. I'm just not comfortable releasing creative material here.

Jops
2007-07-06, 06:05 PM
Yeah, i understand the concern. I admit i wouldn't feel safe posting it either.

Anyway, don't forget that the artist is the one who actually does most of the work... it may take a whole afternoon just to draw a single panel if it's something heavy on details. So, an other advice, let it be him/her the one who chooses the update schedule.

Warrax
2007-07-06, 06:21 PM
Yeah, i understand the concern. I admit i wouldn't feel safe posting it either.

Anyway, don't forget that the artist is the one who actually does most of the work... it may take a whole afternoon just to draw a single panel if it's something heavy on details. So, an other advice, let it be him/her the one who chooses the update schedule.

Well, I'm looking at a 1/wk release schedule for now anyway, so I'm not overly worried about the artist as far as that is concerned, especially since I'm looking for black-and-white or grey scale, avoiding time spent on coloring (at least the majority of the time and for now).

But yeah, if I ever wanted to increase the frequency, I would most definitely consult my artist, for sure.