PDA

View Full Version : Equipment for a level 11 Fighter?

kroonermanblack
2015-12-06, 05:24 PM
So I know it's not a very good/powerful build, but the table I play at is mostly sub-optimal anyway. I'm playing a core 3.5 greatsword fighter (half-orc, 20 strength, 14 con, 10 everything else, 8 charisma).

We're playing rise of the runelords. Just finished up module 6 I think, and we've got, roughly, 12k gold to spend per person. My items of note:

Sentient greatsword (+2, flaming burst, does other things I haven't discovered yet, was a result of some RP that wasn't planned)

+2 full plate
+1 natural armor amulet
+4 giant strength belt
Boots of striding and springing.

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest items that will help me out going forward. I'm carrying some mundane things like marbles and flour and oil, but mostly never get a chance to use them; our wizard and rogue are pretty on point with magic use, our cleric is good, our druid is, uh...well he's there and he tries. We also have a ranger (archer) and a dwarf fighter (shield and axe, more AC focused, and again, I know) who makes about every other game.

So what my party really needs from me is a meat shield who does decent physical damage and can block hallways and otherwise control the battlefield to keep the squishies from getting punted.

And yes, I know this is a kinda crap build for that, but there was a different selection of players at the start, I'd have built for a paladin dip if I knew I was going to need to be a meat shield.

Ursus Spelaeus
2015-12-06, 05:44 PM
You're going to want stuff to improve your saves and protect yourself from mind control.

Ellowryn
2015-12-06, 05:46 PM
I recommend taking a look at the handy list of necessary magic items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items). While you obviously might not need everything it should help point you in the direction you need.

kroonermanblack
2015-12-06, 06:03 PM
Cool, thanks guys. I wasn't sure where to start.

I will say the cheap flying options would have been nice. We encountered a mage who cast reverse gravity today. It ouched.

Faily
2015-12-06, 06:57 PM
Vest of Free Movement (MIC) is one I recommend picking up. Freedom of Movement is incredibly nice to have, as there are a lot of things that it can negate.

Other than that, Cloak of Resistance for your saves, maybe something for your defense (Rings of Protection, Blur effects...)

Platymus Pus
2015-12-06, 07:47 PM
Vest of Free Movement (MIC) is one I recommend picking up. Freedom of Movement is incredibly nice to have, as there are a lot of things that it can negate.

Other than that, Cloak of Resistance for your saves, maybe something for your defense (Rings of Protection, Blur effects...)

I'd suggest this instead of the vest.
Freedom armor enchantment 60k gold, slotless armor enchantment.
From Shining South

kroonermanblack
2015-12-06, 07:48 PM
I'd suggest this instead of the vest.
Freedom armor enchantment 60k gold, slotless armor enchantment.
From Shining South

Er, that's great, but we only have 12k to spend each, kinda out of budget.

Platymus Pus
2015-12-06, 09:05 PM
Er, that's great, but we only have 12k to spend each, kinda out of budget.

If the budget is that tight I'd look into augment crystals from MIC.
Also these are nice cheap boosts.
Armor reinforced.

Armor with this item quality increases its armor bonus by +1, but it weighs 10% more

I'd look into the forgotten realms some, there are tons of cheap slotless stuff that is nice to have.
Also that list of necessary magic items someone linked is very useful at least for knowing what to look for.