PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Low-Level Artificer Items

JNAProductions
2015-12-06, 10:03 PM
What are some of the first items to make as an Artificer? I want to support my party more than do anything directly myself, though I'd like to be competent enough.

Starting at level 3, 3500 gp.

ekarney
2015-12-07, 12:07 AM
Immobilize the rogue and sell scrolls of knock to the party?

JNAProductions
2015-12-07, 01:32 PM
Okay, I have 3500 gp total and access to all the reserve from levels 1, 2, and 3.

Edit: I think 900 GP will go towards a Ring GENERIC WONDROUS ITEM of Cure Light Wounds, for infinite Out Of Combat Healing.

Stegyre
2015-12-07, 05:47 PM
Edit: I think 900 GP will go towards a Ring GENERIC WONDROUS ITEM of Cure Light Wounds, for infinite Out Of Combat Healing.
Nonstandard items are automatically "Ask your GM" territory. There are no rules for these, only guidelines.

I suggest a number of eternal wands of broadly-useful arcane spells. By RAW, these are wondrous items, so you have the necessary feat at 3rd level. (Remember to use only your 3rd level crafting points on these.)

Augment Crystals, from the MIC, are versatile, cheap, and readily usable by other party members. Take a look and perhaps craft a variety -- or if you know what you're going up against, craft enough of the same thing for everyone to use. (I think I know which recruiting thread this is for, and unfortunately, I don't think the GM has indicated what you'll be facing.)

Take a look at the Indispensable Haversack items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148101-3-x-Shax-s-Indispensible-Haversack-(Equipment-Handbook)).

A character in our Age of Worms campaign has gotten immense mileage out of a wand of Benign Transposition. Make one for your friendly party wizard.

We've also gotten a lot of use out of Healing Belts (MIC at 110). Make a number of these, and you no longer really need a party healer. (And you avoid the RAW issues of your infinite CLW item.)

I hope that helped.

EDIT: Note that for your first and second level crafting points, all you can spend them on is scrolls and potions.

JNAProductions
2015-12-07, 05:55 PM
Game ended up falling through. But thanks for the advice!

Stegyre
2015-12-07, 06:37 PM
Ah, I see you already learned the hard way about custom items.

Just as a heads up: Beheld's reaction is by no means aberrational: always ask your GM if you want a custom item.

JNAProductions
2015-12-07, 06:41 PM
Thank you for the warning.