PDA

View Full Version : E6 Balancing Gestalt in an E6 Campaign

Mad Jim8896
2015-12-06, 10:15 PM
I'm going to be running an E6 campaign with a small party some time soon, and I'm trying to find a rule of thumb for what gestalt classes to allow. I was initially considering tiered gestalting (T1 cannot gestalt, T2 can with NPC classes, T3 with T5 and below, T4 with T4 and below), but then realised that the tier list breaks down a bit in E6.

What would be a good general rule for what gestalt combinations to allow in E6?

stanprollyright
2015-12-07, 01:13 AM
Allow everything. The tiers aren't really a thing at level 6.

Fouredged Sword
2015-12-07, 02:55 PM
Eh, at E6 levels I would ether allow full gestalt or not, perhaps requiring only one casting class. You don't have so much of the serious issues you get with PRC's in E6 and some of those tier 4-5 classes are in their prime zone at 6th level. A wizard // rogue isn't much more powerful than a fighter // rogue that you will notice it more than the normal wizard to fighter comparison.

I have been playing around with a gestalt idea that considered granted spell slots to be non-stacking class features. You took the highest number of slots granted for any given level in whatever casting classes you have and can prep spells or cast spontaneously from that fixed set. Still ironing out the rules to prevent cleric 1 / wizard 19 from being a super caster.

MisterKaws
2015-12-07, 04:42 PM
Counting it as a +2 LA should do the trick, +2 LA is always used in 3.5 when you want to know what would be twice as powerful as something else. So you basically just nerf their stats into oblivion for gestalting, which is pretty balanced, considering they're gonna have A LOT of class features.

FocusWolf413
2015-12-07, 06:54 PM
Do partial gestalt. Everyone can take 3 gestalt levels at any time.